READ THIS if you want to minimize lag & Disconnects...

Mini-HUDMAN
Mini-HUDMAN
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 181
edited 1 Mar 2019, 6:24AM
As the title says...

First, download several different browsers (Chrome, Maxthon, Firefox, etc)
Try these different browsers to see which one causes the least amount of problems.  For me, I use Maxthon.

Second, go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html & create a shortcut on the browser you're using.  Under Website Privacy Settings, Delete all programs, especially the Kixeye &/or FaceBook programs.  (You should do this daily)  Also, add Kixeye.com &/or FaceBook.com to the Global Securities Panel's Always Allow list.

Third, keep Flash Player up to date.  It's a very involved process to update Flash on Maxthon, so after going to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/ (Another Bookmark) & seeing that your Flash Player isn't the current version, Delete Maxthon using Add or Remove Programs in Windows & re-download the latest version.  Like magic, your Flash will update.

Fourth, Download rkill, change it's name, then run it.  rkill will terminate any background programs that shouldn't be running, like virii & malwares. Viruses & Malware will block the program if it's named rkill, so just rename it to something else, like Knitting.exe

Fifth, Download MalwareBytes & run it - Just to make sure your browser isn't being hijacked by a virus.  (Do this again, if things start to go crazy again, but run rkill before running MalwareBytes - Viruses will block MalwareBytes, but if you use rkill to shut down all processes, the virus shouldn't be running any longer when you start MalwareBytes)

Sixth, Download & run CCleaner - Painstakingly go through the checkmarks for all your browsers & tell it to delete at least cache & history,  Avoid deleting cookies, passwords, & other items you want your browser to remember.  You only have to do this setup once.  Now click the button to Run the Cleaner.  (Re-run CCleaner anytime you get DC'ed or need to reset & definitely do this each time you are about to start War Commander)

Seventh, hit <CTRL> <ALT> <DELETE> & turn off non-essential startup programs & terminate processes that aren't owned by windows.  (You may need to restart your computer)  That also means you will be terminating MalwareBytes & CCleaner, but that's OK - They can actually cause lag by running in the background, when running War Commander.  So run the programs, let them do their magic, then terminate them.

Eighth, Play the game - At some point, you may notice an irritating blinking...  It's annoying, but keep playing.  Once Kixeye places their website on your Flash, the blinking will stop & gameplay gets smoother.  At this point, you're good to go for a couple hours before lag sets in.  Once lag sets in, you will eventually DC.  Best to reset.  Close browser, run CCleaner, then run the Cleaner, then terminate CCleaner & go back into the game.  Don't delete the Kixeye programs, as mentioned in the Second to-do above.  That should only be done daily, or if very strange things are happening in the game.

It may sound like a lot of steps, but a few need to be done only 1 time.  As for the rest, it will become habit to Run CCleaner before you start playing WC & habit to terminate CCleaner as well.  I've been doing this for a couple years with no real issues, except for the occasional reset.  What prompted me to post this is seeing all the unhappy players with the event, getting lag, getting DC, losing toons, etc...  Follow these steps & you should be good to go!  Happy hunting Commander!

• Mini-HUDMAN
    Mini-HUDMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    If anyone knows any additional tips & tricks to minimize lag & Disconnects, please feel free to post here.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139
    edited 1 Mar 2019, 11:22AM
    I would like to know why this is the only online real time game i play ,and have so many problems with it?Literally this is the only game where  i actually get dc's.Other games occasional lag happens but with WC its all the time pretty much.Im done jumping through all the hoops anymore just to achieve sub par performance.They need to fix there game so people can enjoy it again.
  • Mini-HUDMAN
    Mini-HUDMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    I would like to know why this is the only online real time game i play ,and have so many problems with it?Literally this is the only game where  i actually get dc's.Other games occasional lag happens but with WC its all the time pretty much.Im done jumping through all the hoops anymore just to achieve sub par performance.They need to fix there game so people can enjoy it again.
    For me, this game has always been buggy & laggy.  As for your questions, I don't know; as I am not Kixeye - But maybe it's because there's too many moving parts, with all of them moving at different rules, that it needs a ton of resources just to run.  Think about workshopped items...  1 unit has Rapid Fire lvl 2, another has Dumb Fire lvl 3, another has something else, lvl 1, etc etc etc...  Then it goes into an Event base, with the base's units that also has different lvl's of Workshop items, now factor in Defending Units that get a damage boost because of GoGo, bunkers, etc...  Now factor in that you did all your shadow ops, so your units get 6% more damage during events...  Now factor in all the units traveling at different speeds, and some workshopped differently that boosts it's speed, damage, defense, etc...  It's just too much freaking math that has to constantly update.  That's my guess.  I didn't come here to defend Kixeye or complain through, I just wanted to offer players a way to minimize lag.  That's all.
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,359
    not sure why I have not seem this post before ...

Thank you for the tips, and for the clear descriptions

threads like this are way better then the avg 'cry' post, and for that, I thank you
  • smaugthewyrm
    smaugthewyrm
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 395
    consider a dedicated hardware solution.
    the puffin browser is specifically optimized for flash and now is also available on a desktop computer.

https://www.puffin.com/raspberry-pi/

here is an example of the hardware: raspberry pi 3 B+
    https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Starter-Premium-Black/dp/B07BCC8PK7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=28VCJ2CLVGLPA&keywords=raspberry+pi+3+b%2B&qid=1554318184&s=electronics&sprefix=rasp%2Celectronics%2C190&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A30ZYR2W3VAJ0A
  • Vodevil Alin
    Vodevil Alin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 27

Hi all! Who will help me? Im banned on chat and the ban got 40 days,for 40 days im banned! Ok,i understand i did a mistake...but for 40 days? Im banned permanent on chat?

• Smoky420
    Smoky420
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 269

Hi all! Who will help me? Im banned on chat and the ban got 40 days,for 40 days im banned! Ok,i understand i did a mistake...but for 40 days? Im banned permanent on chat?

I love how you come in on other people's posts to talk about YOUR ban, noone here really cares, talk to Kix, it's your problem with them, nothing to do with the forums, so you don't need to spam about it here, cya ingame Slayer :)
    BP's: BC (R10), Mercury (R10)  Baracuda (R9) Goliath (R8) Hellhound, Kodiak (R3) Mastodon, NC (R4), Enforcer, Triton (R4), V2-h, Crusader, Atlas Carrier, Valkyrie Carrier, Artemis 
  • ON FIRE
    ON FIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 272
    got loading issue (get to long loading and stucked loading)
  • ON FIRE
    ON FIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    got loading issue (get to long loading and stucked loading)
    then get reconected hahahahaha what r u doing kixeye?
  • kixeyeuser_653562053_14768_8478520
    kixeyeuser_653562053_14768_8478520
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2
    hello bros i have issue that my game load at 3/5 and stoped i cant access to my accout please i need help 
  • Mini-HUDMAN
    Mini-HUDMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 7 Jul 2019, 3:49AM
    hello bros i have issue that my game load at 3/5 and stoped i cant access to my accout please i need help 
    I see you are on Maxthon - On Maxthon, go to  https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about

That link will check your Flash Version - It should be 32.00.00.207

If your version won't load, you have a very old version & Need to update.  If it does load, but you don't have the current version, you need to update as well.  With Maxthon, this is not easy, but I will try to make it as easy as possible for you.

First go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer  -  But do not install

Instead, Click on "Need Flash for a Different Computer"  See screenshot below:

Select your system in the 1st Drop-Down, then select FP 32 for Opera & Chromium - PPAPI

Make sure you unclick the 2 Optional Offers - Then hit Download Now -- See screenshot below:

After you download it, you have to run the file that you downloaded in order to install it.

OK, once installed, you're not done yet...  With all other browsers, you would be done, but with Maxthon, there's a couple more steps...

In your Windows Search, where it says "Type Here to Search"  Type "My Computer" & Select the "This PC App"

Right-Click on Local Disk (C:) & Open in a new Window.  Now Left-Double-Click on Local Disk (C:) -- You should have your C Drive opened in 2 different windows now.

On one window, Navigate to:  Program Files (x86)  --  Maxthon5  --  Core  --  plugins
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\Core\plugins

On the other window, Navigate to:  Windows  --  SysWOW64  --  Macromed  --  Flash
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Position the 2 windows side-by-side & Copy the file from the SysWOW64 folder, pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_207.dll to the Maxthon5 folder by right-clicking, dragging to the other window & click copy here.

Now you have to rename 2 files & you are done.

Rename the file in the Maxthon5 folder from pepflashplayer.dll  to  Old pepflashplayer.dll  or something simnilar - This way you keep the old file in case something doesn't work right, then you can rename it back.  I've never had to rename it back; it's always worked fine.

Rename the file you just moved to the Maxthon5 folder from  pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_207.dll  to pepflashplayer.dll  by removing the 32_32_0_0_207

Now with the Maxthon browser, go back to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about  &  Check to make sure your version has updated.

You Maxthon5 Folder should look like the screenshot below by the way.  Lastly, report back here to let us know that it worked.  If the game still doesn't load, go to the top of this thread & follow all the directions to clean cache, etc.

• ON FIRE
    ON FIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    get fast to log in to the game
    but to slow loading in base and other bases
  • ON FIRE
    ON FIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    almost 2 hours get to loading in my base lmfao
  • Mini-HUDMAN
    Mini-HUDMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    almost 2 hours get to loading in my base lmfao
    Could be Processor issue or Internet Speed.
  • JanjiJoni
    JanjiJoni
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 132
    For Facebook user, try using "Facebook Game Room" instead of directly from Facebook, its the best WC experience i've ever had...
  • ALPHABRAVO STATION
    ALPHABRAVO STATION
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 7
    hey stupid kixeye you have been **** around crashing game and just lost several toons.what the fuckk will you do about it?
  • densus 86
    densus 86
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 512
    hey stupid kixeye you have been **** around crashing game and just lost several toons.what the fuckk will you do about it?
    same problem here :smile: