How many feel that 'general ship build tokens' should be brought back to the raids?

Just Another Player
Just Another Player
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 205

This would allow us to choose whatever ship we want to apply them to rather than specific ones that are usually for ships we don't need anymore.

New Ship, figure out, refit, refit refit, refit...new turret, new base defense special / armor, new ship, figure out, refit, refit, refit.  REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT.  That's Kixeye in a nutshell.

How many feel that 'general ship build tokens' should be brought back to the raids? 114 votes

YES
95%
Thomas Higgsballe klorincaptain hellMark A SchusterSoulvampyrstephy1969michaelg21Josh1HappyPants999two-stacksdpattersonSlither_xSFxTerry Warnastshadowfighter BOMvoideventsCyanide SandwichPULSE007OGRE1971maddad 109 votes
NO
4%
BattlePirate_BlackSharkAussie_RBGjoe crosslandsquirrel_gripCarlos_DaPoof 5 votes
  • kixeyeuser_1396430768710_100008111316190
    kixeyeuser_1396430768710_100008111316190
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 244
    YES
    it would be better than all those tokens that are no use for lots of us. not everybody wants skyfire tokens if we have better ships.

i noticed only the trolls vote the other way lol.

• elitwo
    elitwo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 764
    YES
    wow - only 96% want this - so - 4% chance kix will actually listen..........
  • Admiral Hawk
    Admiral Hawk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 66
    YES
    I should have known there would be 1 no and surprise surprise surprise its the resident forum troll Carlos_DaPoof the person who trolls the forums and probably does not even play the game
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 319
    YES
    Why Kixeye made us slow down on out ship builds is obvius though. They spawn theyr high prised offers so fast and with so low discount its just a big joke.

If Kix want us to coin they realy need to change how they develop the gameplay, now its no fun and just chore events every week.......

Time to leave the half dead development.

Regards
  • jeff.lahaie.9
    jeff.lahaie.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 75
    YES
    I have been constantly asking for this. I would like to see a legitimate reason from Kix why this was stopped, especially since so many of us can make use of them.  The FM tokens are not enough and typically need to be used to build Raid specific fleets.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    edited 1 Apr 2019, 7:10PM
    NO
    I have been constantly asking for this. I would like to see a legitimate reason from Kix why this was stopped, especially since so many of us can make use of them.  The FM tokens are not enough and typically need to be used to build Raid specific fleets.
    A legitimate reason, or just one you'll like?
    Kix isn't obligated to distribute tokens.  This is a bone they have thrown us to divert our attention from build and refit times.
    Kix doesn't really want you to build things for free.
    A silly poll isn't going to make a difference.
    Tokens suck, they're just a way of justifying the length of time it takes to build required fleets.

I'm with filmbryan - get rid of tokens, but offer a noticeable reduction in build times.  
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Dave Martin
    Dave Martin
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 687
    really doesnt matter if we want tokens kix has their own plans...

• GT2610
    GT2610
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 507
    edited 1 Apr 2019, 10:41PM
    Makes no difference - kix have a plan that ships (or more so fleets) take "X" amount of time to build and they already factor in any tokens that you can obtain from FM or any camps they intend to run ect.

If they add generic tokens to events then they will just adjust the build times to suit so it's a no win situation, except for the ones who can not get the tokens from those events - they suffer the longer build times................

Kix set the builds time to promote some coining - may not be you or me but lots do coin and if they give tokens away then it cuts into their profit so nah not gonna happen. 

What kix give with this hand they take with the other.......................be careful what you wish for.
  • Aussie_RBG
    Aussie_RBG
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 58
    edited 1 Apr 2019, 11:08PM
    NO

• Aussie_RBG
    Aussie_RBG
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 58
    edited 1 Apr 2019, 11:34PM
    NO
    it would be better than all those tokens that are no use for lots of us. not everybody wants skyfire tokens if we have better ships.

i noticed only the trolls vote the other way lol.

It's not trolling there's a vote and just because you don't like the way other people vote doesn't mean anything. Kix gives us tokens but increase build time so what's the point of them, No tokens just reduce build times. The big coiners will still coin a full fleet and Skull them day 1 of the raid adding tokens just means they reduce their coining slightly. So the only real winners would be the coiners. Would be better if they got rid of Blitz targets so everyone has a more even chance of aquiring the leaderboard Tokens for the latest hulls. Then the big coiners would actually have to play the game to win the Tokens. Lets look at the Pillage Event, top 3 players all with 6,060,000 points now they didn't grind that out so they must have Blitzed the targets. Lets break that down as the min coin per Blitz was 15 coin 3 targets so thats 45 coins per set. 6,060,000 divided by the 30,000 = 202 sets now times that by 45 = 9090 coins for 40 days worth of Tokens. Now those 40 tokens have cost them around about 9090 coins but 40 days of of build time as a day is 48 coins so 40x48= 1920 coins. I can see the logic here better to spend 9090 coins for 40 days of tokens rather than 1920 to just coin 40 days of build time. P.S don't get me wrong as everyone has a right to play the game they want to and spend their coins the way they want to.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,604
    I said years ago, the introduction of a second shipyard or drydock would cause the generic build tokens to dry up.  Looks like its happening.

Its a simple issue of token economy, we can build twice as many ships between PvP and PvE in the same amount of time now, that makes the generic tokens worth half as much and specific hull tokens worth twice as much.
  • Thomas Higgs
    Thomas Higgs
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 660
    YES
    Laredo said:
    I said years ago, the introduction of a second shipyard or drydock would cause the generic build tokens to dry up.  Looks like its happening.

Its a simple issue of token economy, we can build twice as many ships between PvP and PvE in the same amount of time now, that makes the generic tokens worth half as much and specific hull tokens worth twice as much.
    but we can only build conquerors and defenders in the one shipyard. how does that impact generics for use on pve hulls in our regular shipyard where we can only build pve class?
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,604
    Laredo said:

but we can only build conquerors and defenders in the one shipyard. how does that impact generics for use on pve hulls in our regular shipyard where we can only build pve class?
    Because generics can be used in either yard.  I didn't think that needed to be pointed out.
  • Thomas Higgs
    Thomas Higgs
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 660
    YES
    Laredo said:
    Laredo said:

Because generics can be used in either yard.  I didn't think that needed to be pointed out.
    well they could just make it so that the huggy yard is able to do whatever other class is upcoming or current conqueror defender/ assault or conquer defender/ garrison. Easy solution but thasts just me :)
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,263
    NO
    With every additional token in the game, KIX will increasing the buildingtimes more and more.
    Look at the hull upgrade tokens: its a artificial way, to increase buildingtime/refittime.

The basic idea from the tokens was, that they would be optional. Now, you cant do shipbuilds without them.
    The less tokens we have in the game, the less "necessary" tokens we have to grab.

If we want reduced shipbuildtimes, we must accept less tokens too.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • Just Another Player
    Just Another Player
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 205
    YES

It's a raid, therefore they must be earned and are not free.
    New Ship, figure out, refit, refit refit, refit...new turret, new base defense special / armor, new ship, figure out, refit, refit, refit.  REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT.  That's Kixeye in a nutshell.
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,064
    YES
    How can anyone defend 25 day builds and $400 fleets? They must be missing something...
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    NO
    How can anyone defend 25 day builds and $400 fleets? They must be missing something...
    They defend it by pointing to all the players who do it....every single day
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 847
    YES
    They defend it by pointing to all the players who do it....every single day
    Very VERY true - as long as people pay what Kix is charging, they will keep charging those prices or more - I know I would. Its business plain and simple. 
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    NO

It's a raid, therefore they must be earned and are not free.
    You can specifically quantify the cost of a day of a ship build.  You can not do the same with a generic 1-day build token won in a raid.  At least, not in a way that matters to Kix.  Your idea of "cost" for a generic token in a raid is too subjective to reliably and predictably make it to their bottom line.

Your argument here is that Kix should make generic tokens more available because that is what the player wants.  However, the fact that they have reduced the availability of generic tokens is not an indication that they are unaware of what players want and need a silly poll to open their eyes. They have now developed a way to continue to regulate and monetize ship building while allowing the average player to feel as if they are getting some sort of discount and still keeps the game moving. 
    Your desire for a bit more freedom in what you build isn't an argument that Kix typically responds to.  So, what truly logical reason can you provide for them to make a change?  The only one I can think of is that players will leave the game without more of these tokens.  But if they announced today that they were eliminating these generic tokens altogether,  you would still log in today, tomorrow...and the next day...and the next day.
    That being the case - why should they increase their availability?  

If the premise of your argument is that Kix will care about what players want, then they would simply lower build and refit times to the point where we didn't feel tokens were necessary.
    That isn't going to happen either. 
    Be happy you still have the one opportunity to collect generic tokens at all. 

• Lea Devize
    Lea Devize
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 302
    YES
    How about converting all currently held ship build tokens to generic ship build tokens.  
  • johnshaw666
    johnshaw666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 245
    YES
    Laredo said:

you get free coins from kix so your opinion dont realy counts in this tread sorry bud
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
    Laredo said:

Well the conquest yard hardly does anything to impact the 6-8 months of pve hulls needed to be built per raid cycle.
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,576
    NO
    more tokens isnt the answer lower build times is the answer 
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192
    edited 2 Apr 2019, 9:44PM
    YES
    With every additional token in the game, KIX will increasing the buildingtimes more and more.
    Look at the hull upgrade tokens: its a artificial way, to increase buildingtime/refittime.

The basic idea from the tokens was, that they would be optional. Now, you cant do shipbuilds without them.
    The less tokens we have in the game, the less "necessary" tokens we have to grab.

In point of fact, tokens where originally introduced by kix, because at the time, the game was loosing great numbers of players, who where revolting over the extreme build times of the mainly reaver must have hulls of the time.

To say in the event of us not having any build tokens available to us, would reduce build times, is some what naive. The same argument was put forward when the BB and DoS crews where made almost extinct, don't know about you, but I didn't see any massive drop in damage received when they went.

The simple fact is, build times are now getting to the levels of reaver hulls mentioned above, 16 + days for the Nemx 25 + days for the flag. All in an environment of reduced time scales to build those hulls.

The simple fact is, is that kix is a business and needs to make profits, throughout my time playing this game, despite what they say, they have always managed to "encourage" us to coin builds to some degree, and for as long as players drop thousands of $ on pixalls they will cntinue on the path they are on. Of course when the day comes that there are not sufficient players spending, they will simply shut the game down.

Personally I like the build tokens as prizes in raids and other events, it gives me an additional target to work towards, and yes I may spend some money to win those tokens, as long as to win them, it doesn't cost more than taking a day of the build. And no, I don't spend loads of money rushing a build out of the SY, maybe occasionally I coin the last few hours of a build.
    So in effect by offering tokens as prizes, kix makes more money from me than they would do otherwise. 

What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,263
    NO
    RABBIT1 said:

In point of fact, tokens where originally introduced by kix, because at the time, the game was loosing great numbers of players, who where revolting over the extreme build times of the mainly reaver must have hulls of the time.

To say in the event of us not having any build tokens available to us, would reduce build times, is some what naive. The same argument was put forward when the BB and DoS crews where made almost extinct, don't know about you, but I didn't see any massive drop in damage received when they went.

The simple fact is, build times are now getting to the levels of reaver hulls mentioned above, 16 + days for the Nemx 25 + days for the flag. All in an environment of reduced time scales to build those hulls.

The simple fact is, is that kix is a business and needs to make profits, throughout my time playing this game, despite what they say, they have always managed to "encourage" us to coin builds to some degree, and for as long as players drop thousands of $ on pixalls they will cntinue on the path they are on. Of course when the day comes that there are not sufficient players spending, they will simply shut the game down.

Personally I like the build tokens as prizes in raids and other events, it gives me an additional target to work towards, and yes I may spend some money to win those tokens, as long as to win them, it doesn't cost more than taking a day of the build. And no, I don't spend loads of money rushing a build out of the SY, maybe occasionally I coin the last few hours of a build.
    So in effect by offering tokens as prizes, kix makes more money from me than they would do otherwise.

Yes, i know, that we will come closer and closer to the 25days shipbuildtimes from some older shiphulls (Heavy Cruiser as an example).
    But look at the number of shipspecific shipbuildtokens, we could get from the events and TLC´s.
    The more shipbuildtokens they offer, the longer the shipbuild will be...its part from their calculations.

You have to destroy more targets to get all that specific tokens = more damage/more possible coins.

The shipspecific shipbuildtokens give KIX also the opportunity, to offer shipbuildtokens, which arent on a prizelist.
    And the shipspecific shipbuildtokens in the events are far more as we had generic shipbuildtokens.

Dont expect MORE generic shipbuildtokens. The Op did ask for more generic shipbuildtokens.
    I say NO, because it would increase the buildingtimes from future shipbuilds.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,926
    YES
    Laredo said:

I would tend to agree with you Laredo IF, and only IF, Kixeye expanded the list of ships we can build in the 2nd yard. While I admit they did us a favor, we STILL have too many ships to build, not enough time and it is a problem for the majority of player who can't coin everything like the whales.