Official 9.10 Discussion

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@Peter_B5 said:
    is here somebody who knows where you can see how much upgrade kits you have... i looked everywhere but cant find it

They currently are not showing anywhere. I have suggested in a couple threads putting them in "Shards" in the Limited Blueprints. At least until a permanent location is set up........

• Dee.Oly16
    Dee.Oly16
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 8
    Kixeye you have got to be kidding I went in to the no survivers with the brutal and 4 erads and got killed in the first one what a joke I won't make that mistake with my shriks done...............
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@Dee.Oly16 said:
    Kixeye you have got to be kidding I went in to the no survivers with the brutal and 4 erads and got killed in the first one what a joke I won't make that mistake with my shriks done...............

What is your build? I had 7.5 hours Damage for all of Prize Pack One. On Auto.

• warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,953

7.5 hours? I had thar repair bill by time i had completed 1st 2nd and 3rd prize packs back to back without repairing.

I dont advise autoing at all for this campigm.. you need to keep moving. If you only use a handheld device wait till you get to a desktop or a laptop to play properly and manually drive.

And to the op.. yes whats your build as this campiagn is pretty low damage with a standard erad build and keeping your fleet on the move.

• Pharaz
    Pharaz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 227
    I sent this in as a bug report.

"I upgraded all my ships, but one. Each ship I spent a token for 24 hour build and 5 coins to finish it. I decided to take a nap so I used the 24 hour build token, but I let it finish while I napped. When I got up it was finished but the ship wasn't with my fleet. I added it into the fleet but it wasn't upgraded. The 24 hour token, the 10 parts, and uranium spent, but no upgrade. I've included a picture showing my last Shrike not upgraded and lacking the 10 parts to do so."
  • Popeye-KASTS
    Popeye-KASTS
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 116
    Hull Upgrades is the most unpopular feature added to BP while I have played. Why add a feature that do not even work? I upgraded one Era hull, and nothing happen, ….. and what really piss me off, is that there is no official information here in forums that this feature is broken. 

Guess what CM Chris, most players will never use Discord, so I do suggest we start getting important info through a proper channel like this forum.

• Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 443
    Dee.Oly16 said:
    Sounds like you need some refits on your fleet Dee.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    OK, so I have seen it said, that the upgrades to raid fleets are to make us spend more coin, by either coining the builds, or coining the extra repairs for not doing it.

For me to get this straight in my tiny mind, maybe it would be a good idea to do some maths (math for you over the pond).

the upgrades make the flagship, worse than the regular ships, so would be better to just build 5 normal ships, except you need the flag, to do the TLCs, to get the parts, to do the upgrades (see where this is going?) .......... Anyway let us assume we don't build a flagship, so build time for 5 ships would be approximately 100 days...

Raid cycle lasts approximately 90 days, so it takes 10 days longer to build basic fleet than cycle lasts for? 

However we get tokens in FM at the rate of 18 per month, 24 on the long month so for the cycle this is 18 + 18 + 24 =50 days of tokens

this makes it look better...........BUT don't forget escalation weapons and specials causing refits, let us say this is about 60 days so now our fleet is (100-50) + 60 = 110 days

So to get ONE fleet ready for the end of the raid cycle is going to cost 20 days of build time, which is 960 coins

BUT now we have to upgrade them, presently 11 days per hull so that adds another 55 days(see above about regular upgraded ships being better than the flagship) to our shipyard time. this equates to another 2,640 coin to get ONE fleet ready for the end of the cycle, if you want it ready before that, add more coin

basically one fleet will take 165 days, after tokens have been used, to complete

so let us factor in the second fleet (we used the tokens on first fleet remember so this is 215 days to build

we now have 215+165=380 days

there are 365 days in a year, a raid cycle lasts 3 months, but we need fleets for future TLC's, and you know you need both.

so we overrun the raid cycle by 380-90=290 days 

this equates to 290x48=13,920 coins just to build your raid fleets every 3 months and that's just for last raid in the cycle

Anyone want to add PVP expenses or repairs, or other expenses, feel free

Because if you are not spending 55,680 coins per year on raid fleets alone, you are not playing how kixeye wants you to play
    So...you're saying that everyone that has raid fleets built by the first raid is spending, at minimum, $4454 USD a year on this game?

" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Carlos_M
    Carlos_M
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 130
    edited 8 Mar 2019, 12:18AM
    im thinking....mmmmm.......mmmmm....KIXEYE KICK out that wrongthinker ( the nickname fits in him in the perfection) and all is team, then hire a GOODTHINKER, and maybe...maybe one day this game can see better days, this wrongthinker and hes team are not able to tell just one thing and...do it according what was being told to the players, kinda the "players first" that at least was a good laught when i saw that first time, after first time is just sad see how you (wrongthinker) are just one idiot who treats the players like ****, or kinda the upgrades for "OLD" hulls, now its only for the more recent hulls, and i can keep going on and going on, the list is big/absurd of the lies you and your team just throw at us.
    Chris, wrongthinker, new team...you all suck big time!!!!
    Not even going loose time with the so proclamed "constructive thread", that is another good laught, like if that matter for something when is kixeye and the idiots who works in that company, the only thing important for them is the wallets the players have, well not one single coin here!!!
    before laredo or other delete this thread, let me just say one last time, WRONGTHINKER you are a liar/idiot!!!!

PS: the liar/idiot is just me being nice, believe me i could had used realy stronger words and they would fit in the perfection ;)

• dan.ciammaichella.9
    dan.ciammaichella.9
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 110
    HELLO KIXEYE EXPERT TEAM.......PLAYERS DON'T SEEM HAPPY ABOUT YOUR UPGRADES.....just in case you don't get that players are getting sick of stupid crap being added to game....experts.....lmfao    you all should run for government same blind abilities.....
  • Nemo_Dutchman
    Nemo_Dutchman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 198
    Dear Kixeye, when are you going to be giving away the FREE Eradictor fleet?   I need it for the next raid.....thanks.

• kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,570
    edited 8 Mar 2019, 12:35PM

Guess what CM Chris, most players will never use Discord, so I do suggest we start getting important info through a proper channel like this forum.

I would like to second this.  I have no intention of seeking information about this game from an alternate source of social media.  

The forums here are bad enough, i can only imagine what Discord would be like
    discord is a fanboy page now if your 1 of the (favorites) you can post anything if not you get kicked lol

• kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 276
    So lets see... 11 days per hull x 4 hulls = 44 days and this is released 6 days before the last event in this cycle? Or 88 days if you consider both fleets. How can anyone possibly feel that this provides any type of value or improvement to the gaming experience? This is the most absurd thing I have seen Kixeye do in a long time (and that IS saying something). If the upcoming raid requires these upgrades for our fleets to be effective then I imagine people will be leaving in droves. I know that no one on the dev team reads this forum, and even if they did they would not care, but you should all hang your heads in shame.
    Upgrade Pirates is not as fun as Battle Pirates
  • Nemo_Dutchman
    Nemo_Dutchman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 198
    Lurker can be used as a Flagship, is that working as intended?
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 319
    This is realy getting so borring, with a company in need for money now running new skeems saying the upgrades will make a big change. The only change it will brng is tuned up damage! We have seen it before, and we see it in every raid event they run. Damage tend to grow higher after just hours of event running.

Well i dont care anymore, because its all about the 1% players and theyr paycheck balance now. So less tokens, upgrades that micro upgrade single ships and take forever to compleet. NO Kixeye need to stop adding stuff that make changes take several weeks pr.ship, because this is getting real stupid.

Guess whats happenenig to BP now is wrongthinker addons basicaly like he did in last game he controlled development of, and we remember how good that ended.

Idiot's

Regards.
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,006
    OK, so I have seen it said, that the upgrades to raid fleets are to make us spend more coin, by either coining the builds, or coining the extra repairs for not doing it.

For me to get this straight in my tiny mind, maybe it would be a good idea to do some maths (math for you over the pond).

the upgrades make the flagship, worse than the regular ships, so would be better to just build 5 normal ships, except you need the flag, to do the TLCs, to get the parts, to do the upgrades (see where this is going?) .......... Anyway let us assume we don't build a flagship, so build time for 5 ships would be approximately 100 days...

Raid cycle lasts approximately 90 days, so it takes 10 days longer to build basic fleet than cycle lasts for? 

However we get tokens in FM at the rate of 18 per month, 24 on the long month so for the cycle this is 18 + 18 + 24 =50 days of tokens

this makes it look better...........BUT don't forget escalation weapons and specials causing refits, let us say this is about 60 days so now our fleet is (100-50) + 60 = 110 days

So to get ONE fleet ready for the end of the raid cycle is going to cost 20 days of build time, which is 960 coins

BUT now we have to upgrade them, presently 11 days per hull so that adds another 55 days(see above about regular upgraded ships being better than the flagship) to our shipyard time. this equates to another 2,640 coin to get ONE fleet ready for the end of the cycle, if you want it ready before that, add more coin

basically one fleet will take 165 days, after tokens have been used, to complete

so let us factor in the second fleet (we used the tokens on first fleet remember so this is 215 days to build

there are 365 days in a year, a raid cycle lasts 3 months, but we need fleets for future TLC's, and you know you need both.

this equates to 290x48=13,920 coins just to build your raid fleets every 3 months and that's just for last raid in the cycle

Because if you are not spending 55,680 coins per year on raid fleets alone, you are not playing how kixeye wants you to play
    So...you're saying that everyone that has raid fleets built by the first raid is spending, at minimum, $4454 USD a year on this game?

no, I am saying if they have BOTH fleets for the last raid they are spending that with new upgrades

Snoopy
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    This is realy getting so borring, with a company in need for money now running new skeems saying the upgrades will make a big change. The only change it will brng is tuned up damage! We have seen it before, and we see it in every raid event they run. Damage tend to grow higher after just hours of event running.

Well i dont care anymore, because its all about the 1% players and theyr paycheck balance now. So less tokens, upgrades that micro upgrade single ships and take forever to compleet. NO Kixeye need to stop adding stuff that make changes take several weeks pr.ship, because this is getting real stupid.

Guess whats happenenig to BP now is wrongthinker addons basicaly like he did in last game he controlled development of, and we remember how good that ended.

Idiot's

Regards.
    makes you wonder who the bigger idiots are then
    the ones running the game 
    or the ones continuing to play it, disliking it and complaining about it the entire time.
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician

no, I am saying if they have BOTH fleets for the last raid they are spending that with new upgrades

Building both fleets is a choice, not a requirement (at least in this cycle so far)
  • Six006
    Six006
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 4
    Skippy414 said:
    I see you guys are adding hull upgrades to PvE hulls.

You state that the cost in kits and time are the same as the PvP hulls. 
    So 200 kits and 11ish days. Then you drop a TLC for the kits. If you do finish the TLC you won't have enough kits to upgrade any hull.
    12+12+24+24+24+24=120 
    So I see no reason to do a TLC that will most likely be extremely punishing. This is the last raid for these hulls. And you couldn't even coin 1 upgrade if you wanted to before the raid starts.

So typical in Kix maths. Nothing ever works and they just want coin, coin. coin.
  • namtreb
    namtreb
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 11
    edited 10 Mar 2019, 12:01PM
    Ok my thing is these new upgrades .Was the Foundry not made for these upgrades.It has been sitting idle for 2 years now .So now we have to take up ship yard time for this bull crap .Cmon kix You need to rethink some of the things you do .