Is this game worth playing anymore?

Nick Nick83
Nick Nick83
Potential Threat
Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 55
I have been playing game for over five years and i think it has gone downhill.....it is now very expensive to coin, so many useless units, so many upgrades, get a new unit then few weeks later unit is usless, dont even mention tokens. Pvp, another pointless purpose, and when they do/if port over to html5, i would not be surprised if it was a diff game and we all have to start from beginning.......seriously losing interest for this game. What others think?
  • BradyBunch
    BradyBunch
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 858
    unknowingly sucks your life away. Run if you can.
  • Avert Industries
    Avert Industries
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 40

It's a good game, better balanced than BP, and you don't necessarily have to coin to win. It will take time to go build up armies and proper units, and you should probably scout for a helpful alliance to join, but it's not that bad.

Progress in the name of a better future.
  • Lord of Cinder
    Lord of Cinder
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 524
    do you play other online games?  They are more or less generally the same.  Similar mechanisms (upgrades and pvp and pve events) to addict your time and money in an endless cycle of events and upgrades. 
  • Little Star
    Little Star
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 46
    This game making us all get old..lol we get depression and stuck in an endless cycle of grind..i be off for the month..lol play my playstation..:) at least i can win in there
  • TTrouble
    TTrouble
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 130
    I would not buy an alcoholic a beer and I can not recommend this game to anyone addicted to games. Game has been sucking for years now which is exactly why many of us stopped coining and chasing our tails.
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 534
    It still has its pros, but Wars are far and few and the grind for tokens and parts and tech is beyond ridiculous, most of the stuff should be in Event store but unfortunately its not. 1 DC, 1 mess up, or 1 bubble with base loaded without coining you WILL be down a couple days repairing. At this point in time it would be nice to see Kix revive PvP and give  alliances reasons to invade sectors and own them. It would also be awesome to see Silicone, Cores, and Chemicals to be obtained through depos with no other way of getting them.    
  • Xeno Phon
    Xeno Phon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 538
    the game is basically junk now ... too bad, it used to be very good
    Help improve War Commander, do not coin until positive changes are made.
  • Cfpm-s706
    Cfpm-s706
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3
    No, it's not funny to play anymore, you don't get the value of an unit when you have already unlocked it or bought it, it's already unuseful at the next month, just look at the special forces the are outmatch by these new cluster of OP lvl9999, go and check its statistic's the health is already more than double at lvl 1 for the the acolyte, liberator, and spartan ZK, and even has for spare at that level than the level 20 comando, operator, granadier. God not even the heroes at lvl 20 has more than 500K HP and 25K of DPS, these already at that level has over 50K DPS just the spartan falls short with 27K but it has more range to make up for it, in short even the acolyte who has 350 range max out can beat any hero of the special forces one on one.  

The same happen when they put the titanic, and before that the bfg1000, the crusader, the widomaker, the W40K rhino with inferno cannon, the mecha with goo launcher, the skorpion, the hoverboard tank, the quad barrel tank with shield of total impunity (when it was released the naplam turret couldn't do any damage and it was virtually inmune to anything). 

They could have opted to have a limited set of units like any other "RTS" (belive me it doesn't deserve this calificative, but i have no better word to describe it) and work the way around to make challenge with strategic mindset or with better mechanics, like don't know, terrain that isn't always flat and that could give you advanteges, like trenches for infantry units and adaptative range if the unit passes trough a dense forest or is on top of a hill, give more tools to play for the users to leverage an advantage over a battle that in any other terms is a sure loss...

But nah... Just make sure to contract any artist and tell him to make a new unit that looks good and I'll (kixeye) do the job to make everybody want it whether they like it or not.
  • Cosmic Destructor
    Cosmic Destructor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 888
    Don't coin. If you coin, it will hurt much more when you decide to leave. Also, leave when you feel like. You can always catch up.

Also, in my opinion, this game has gotten much better than before. Compared to 3-4 years ago, the hacks have been patched. The new content has unique features, not just more health and stuff. You can pick out most bases using strategy, even if your units aren't maxed. PvP is up and running. Remember when PvP wasn't rewarding at all, and you had to grind Challenge Bases to get medals? Well, compared to those times, now is much better.

You should stick around 1 more year. Adobe is ending support for Flash in 2020. If war commander is going to get ported, it will be sometime this year. If it's not going to get ported (which is unlikely), then you get to enjoy it's final year.
    Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to learn but when there is nothing left to take away.
  • Cfpm-s706
    Cfpm-s706
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3
    We'll see, but i don't see much information from the devs, it's just some sporadic mentions, but no real covering of the state of the "port", i think it will happen like BSGO, at the very last moment they will show themselves, they will rather announce what they have been working on or they will just leave everyone on the air (at least i haven't invested money on this to feel worry about it).
  • navi018
    navi018
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 2
    90% of war zone player (PVP) they play on empty base you see high lvl doing sniping they send 1 ticket a week regards dc they get 100 gold to repair their night owls so they do sniping,game yes is downhill a lot,just look at medal base you need to wast 10-20 mins to get like 40k-80 medals and compare to prices you need to spend like 800k or 3 hero tch like 1.2m you need to spend all week to do it,or stay 24/7 where are rest like thor event token hero toke reso all base you lose a lot,if you are high lvl players maybe u dont lose as muches as middel players but u need to spend a lot on game to do all base,and i forgot rest of base on map to get units like omega proper I FEEL LIKE KIXEYE SLAVE SOMETIMES I JUST PRESS X ON RIGHT CONER OF THE PAGE AND PUFFF OFF

• insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139
    I have been playing game for over five years and i think it has gone downhill.....it is now very expensive to coin, so many useless units, so many upgrades, get a new unit then few weeks later unit is usless, dont even mention tokens. Pvp, another pointless purpose, and when they do/if port over to html5, i would not be surprised if it was a diff game and we all have to start from beginning.......seriously losing interest for this game. What others think?
    Its all good i just log on for maybe an hour a day and thats a long session anymore.Do a few things log off and spend time with family or friends.Also the ps4 is getting a lot more action lately too.But the losing interest thing is for real.And with there track record and goof ups within the game in the past and even the present,the transition to html5 should be interesting to say the least.later and gl nick.
  • insideoutside
    insideoutside
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,139
    greed and roaches have run the course... the blatant resist of kix's own TOS of not banning players over workshop hack was a major downfall... sold out to the hackers... there is at least over 150 sectors that are basically dead.. the top 4 sectors contain hundreds of minis... the game is dead.. i am surprised that many still coin here... 
    Well said!
  • navi018
    navi018
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2019 Posts: 2
    do you play other online games?  They are more or less generally the same.  Similar mechanisms (upgrades and pvp and pve events) to addict your time and money in an endless cycle of events and upgrades. 
    not alll games are the same,try world of tanks blitz or worl of tanks u dont get dc or crush no leg,no repair,only upgrades u get like tech for workshop,yes you can send there to but no need to buy new tanks u just have fun with one u get for free
  • Nick Nick83
    Nick Nick83
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 55
    navi018 said:
    not alll games are the same,try world of tanks blitz or worl of tanks u dont get dc or crush no leg,no repair,only upgrades u get like tech for workshop,yes you can send there to but no need to buy new tanks u just have fun with one u get for free
    Thanks, but i already play world of warships and other games.......but thanks anyway...

• jerry mouse
    jerry mouse
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 67
    it is not worth playing for new players or low levels when they only give 500 medals in challenge 1 base which is rediculous amount because it takes 12 base 1's just to get 6m thor to build a liberator... totally not worth playing if they tight gits with medals
  • it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,431
    edited 7 Mar 2019, 10:31PM

did you people know that there is an "X" at the top of the browser, and if you are not happy here, you can just click it and move on?

I still enjoy the game, sure sometimes I may not be in the mood to play, heck, sometimes I may not be in the mood for Bacon, but I always go back to it
    137.5°
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 534
    I keep seeing people say war commander is moving to something other than flash. If so wouldn't Kixeye inform its customers or would they just kill the game without us knowing?