Should Shield Attack Bonuses Work on Screens as Well?

VEGA Security
VEGA Security
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 329
I wanted to know what you all thought about mechanics like shield bonus damage and shield bypass not applying to screens.

Should Shield Attack Bonuses Work on Screens as Well? 29 votes

Yes, screens are just fancy shields.
27%
VVultyDoooM4UMarticus65Ersha66LeonardoWVEGA SecurityLilBasterddemonchild0611 8 votes
No, screens are a different type of defense, just like ablative armor.
68%
Cyrus LeungGDIAXZero Calling Eliteshadowhound66El Psy KongrooTeyshanDarktone2MabariAletheidesJamie HelmSimon_PoMaster UxigogobgInfinity EICM4ttix98ITArowestu5pseudonymfatcoinerPappyPewPewPyromancer of Blaze 20 votes
Other (Please Comment)
3%
horst.horstmann.7543 1 vote
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,991
    THey should since altairains need a leg up on them

but screens arent coded as shields so nothing works, unless we get a altairain only special for it.
  • VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Skilled Warrior
    Hooray for another way of making old specials useless. I love it when creativity is stifled in the game. You know what might be real fun and crazy? Removing as many tech restrictions as possible, just like in the old days. Good times.
  • Marticus65
    Marticus65
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 199
    Hooray for another way of making old specials useless. I love it when creativity is stifled in the game. You know what might be real fun and crazy? Removing as many tech restrictions as possible, just like in the old days. Good times.
    this
  • horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 206
    edited 22 Jan 2019, 1:42PM
    Other (Please Comment)
    It is totally irrelevant, what we think about this.

• El Psy Kongroo
    El Psy Kongroo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 31

no, cause blight special give extra shield damage and it shouldn't work aganist pharmakon

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,668

no, cause blight special give extra shield damage and it shouldn't work aganist pharmakon

+1

Moreover, during our testing on IFS, there was a time when Shield Bypass still worked against Screens, enabling Umbra to beat Pharmakon ships reliably due to their constant ablative recovery.
  • fatcoiner
    fatcoiner
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 441

@VEGA Security said:

They already removed restrictions from all t7 regular weapons. All t7 hulls can use any t7 weapon unless it is blight alien or plasma. If you expect to use t7 weapons on t3 hulls then im sorry to ruin your dreams.

• Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 408
    Shield damage already comes with a price, i dont understand why with screen or ablative should be different, unless you all want to screw up all the thin balance that still lingers here in vega just by adding "highly abusable or exploitable" mechanics. 
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963

+1

Moreover, during our testing on IFS, there was a time when Shield Bypass still worked against Screens, enabling Umbra to beat Pharmakon ships reliably due to their constant ablative recovery.
    +1 to this.

If the screens are seen as a problem for Altairians, then implement new mechanics separate from the shield focused ones for altairians to use. But from my own experience, Alien damage vs screens are already very powerful and they go down quickly. Its the phasing that makes them take longer to kill and thats kinda one of their features.
  • Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 408
    +1 to this.

If the screens are seen as a problem for Altairians, then implement new mechanics separate from the shield focused ones for altairians to use. But from my own experience, Alien damage vs screens are already very powerful and they go down quickly. Its the phasing that makes them take longer to kill and thats kinda one of their features.
    What i find wrong is the fact that Umbra have shield damage\bypass while having already weapon that deal a damage that cannot be resisted yet by armors or shields and it's a fact that their shielding atm is better than altarians cause they can replenish it faster than the damage received. As it is now Altairians fleet doesnt stand a chance, while umbra and pharmakons can stay on same level. And i find not fair that altarians must use alien weapons so having problem with huge mass and not playing properly a fleet until it's mk5 while anybody umbra\pharmakon fleet can simply run through your fleet and wreck it even with standard weapons. Trojans for now ain't a problem, but Pharmakons Battleships will be a real pain in the **** when they are released, because the screen effect works well with projectiles cause you can adjust aim changing directions while staying hidden.

IMO neither umbra or pharmakons should be able to use or have any device that adds shield damage\bypass, while the ordinary devices that add these stats should be equippable for altairians, these devices have a heavy downside or they are heavy AF or they demand a considerable loss of health damage in change. I understand the rock paper scissors, but again we are still having a focking rock, paper SHOTGUN season
  • VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Skilled Warrior
    fatcoiner said:

@VEGA Security said:

They already removed restrictions from all t7 regular weapons. All t7 hulls can use any t7 weapon unless it is blight alien or plasma. If you expect to use t7 weapons on t3 hulls then im sorry to ruin your dreams.

Even if you could use T7 weaponry on T3 hulls, it would hardly fit, which kind of negates any benefit you would get by equipping it. What I am talking about is the ridiculous amount of restrictions like each T6+ faction's cruiser only weapons, being unable to use DC weapons on anything but DC ships, or being unable to equip Siege Casing on only Xeno, AXIS, and Altairian ships destroyers. These are little things that suffocate the creativity that is what caused many people to start playing the game. I want the game to be what is promises to be: adaptable to everyone's unique play style. If that means having stupid builds like a Xeno Epsilon Venom, then I am all for. That ship would totally be a useless glass cannon, but if somebody wants to try and fly it, then I am all for it. 
  • Master Uxi
    Master Uxi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 279
    No, bases suck enough. 
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,601

+1

+1 to this.

+1 to this.

Apparently Screen Energy depletion still triggers Culling...
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Skilled Warrior
    Culling triggers when it looses shields or ablative, which are the two other types of defense, so I guess it makes sense that whenever screens drop it should work too.