thoughts on holdout from a fresh mind

NieR01
NieR01
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 4,347

Being told that "holdout is something for everyone" and "you have to try it", I figured initially that it was as difficult as invasion and onslaught and after trying the first base, it's every bit as difficult as the others mentioned with loot that is not even meant for a returning player who apparently doesn't even have the tools to play it seeing as I'm far behind in game.

Lesson learned don't listen to the hype

Image result for nier replicant

• Dalber
    Dalber
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 31
    With Holdout it is a difficult one. The first one is sort of easy as long as you have the right unit. I did the first one with 3.5 hours repair. I am going to attempt level 2 in a bit but will probably be repairing for longer. I am not even going to look at 3 if the right bases drop over the weekend as holdout is just for extra goodies.
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord

I don't see the value in doing it with all the hype and now that I know holdout isn't for me, I will not bother in the future.

• FBHO
    FBHO
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 2,576
    The prizes suck - the only thing it's good for is grinding it to trade in the tokens for TEX. 
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord

@FBHO said:
    The prizes suck - the only thing it's good for is grinding it to trade in the tokens for TEX. 

The hell is a TeX?

• ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 534

It is not meant for everyone. It is designed to make the strong stronger. It's just like the game of money.... eventually the bubble will bust.

• NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:
    It is not meant for everyone. It is designed to make the strong stronger. It's just like the game of money.... eventually the bubble will bust.

So why would anyone even suggest doing them in the first place? worst idea ever

• ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior

No you don't do it. Why? Because in the end you will leave empty and accept failure.

• NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:
    No you don't do it. Why? Because in the end you will leave empty and accept failure.

So if I do the first base and take a load of damage, it's worth every bit?

• it will fitz
    it will fitz
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,431
    Nier .... do not take this the wrong way, I mean no disrespect ..... but your profile says you are just a lv 11, but oddly it also says you are here 4 years ... if you are a lvl 11, please do not expect to be able to go and destroy, whatever you want to .....

if the profile is wrong and you are a higher level, just complaining in every post will not make this better for you , again, I mean No disrespect in saying this ... I am just a bit weary of all the 'I can not do this or that' type of posts

I am sure you are a fine person, and mean well, when you post like this, but it is not energy well spent

I hope you can find a sector with good people that are willing to assist you, there are good and helpful people in many sectors
    137.5°
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior

@NieR01 said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

Sir I respect your choice and commend you for having the ambition to play Cyber Commander. But the secret that nobody will easily admit is the Kracken is the key to earning logistics and tokens. Only players who have a chance at that are the players who will accept astronomical damage and the ones who have a surplus of money to coin the build and the upgrades. Bottomline is Holdout is not meant for us less fortunate individuals who Love this game so much.

• NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord

@it will fitz said:
    Nier .... do not take this the wrong way, I mean no disrespect ..... but your profile says you are just a lv 11, but oddly it also says you are here 4 years ... if you are a lvl 11, please do not expect to be able to go and destroy, whatever you want to .....

if the profile is wrong and you are a higher level, just complaining in every post will not make this better for you , again, I mean No disrespect in saying this ... I am just a bit weary of all the 'I can not do this or that' type of posts

I am sure you are a fine person, and mean well, when you post like this, but it is not energy well spent

I hope you can find a sector with good people that are willing to assist you, there are good and helpful people in many sectors

If you aren't in discord, you won't know what I have available to me

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@NieR01 said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

Sir I respect your choice and commend you for having the ambition to play Cyber Commander. But the secret that nobody will easily admit is the Kracken is the key to earning logistics and tokens. Only players who have a chance at that are the players who will accept astronomical damage and the ones who have a surplus of money to coin the build and the upgrades. Bottomline is Holdout is not meant for us less fortunate individuals who Love this game so much.

And what if I didn't have the tools to try a kraken base or are 4 million hp tanks with a jugg and herald enough to take 8 down. Hell I'm trying to get a foothold in the game and being told the hype (which was a flat out lie) that ithis has something for me and now I got 12 hours repair just to earn a token and unit I don't need

• ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior

@NieR01 said:

@it will fitz said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@NieR01 said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

And what if I didn't have the tools to try a kraken base or are 4 million hp tanks with a jugg and herald enough to take 8 down. Hell I'm trying to get a foothold in the game and being told the hype (which was a flat out lie) that ithis has something for me and now I got 12 hours repair just to earn a token and unit I don't need

So evidently, are you enjoying yourself? And if not what could you had of done to prepare your forces better for a better experience in the future?

• NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@NieR01 said:

@it will fitz said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@NieR01 said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

So evidently, are you enjoying yourself? And if not what could you had of done to prepare your forces better for a better experience in the future?

Dunno is getting a CT for 12 hours considered fun for you

• mike.hellyer.52
    mike.hellyer.52
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 144
    cerbs, sunder, ds, nova, draks and romero, holdout base 1-3 done.  learn the units, get the prize
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord

@mike.hellyer.52 said:
    cerbs, sunder, ds, nova, draks and romero, holdout base 1-3 done.  learn the units, get the prize

Don't have any of those

• ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior

@NieR01 said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@NieR01 said:

@it will fitz said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@NieR01 said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

Ok so please elaborate to ol me, can each and every player complete 1-3 and the bonus? If not does that form of gaming touch each and every player?

• NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord

[email protected]"ARCTIC SWAGG" said:

@NieR01 said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@NieR01 said:

@it will fitz said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

@NieR01 said:

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:

>

Ok so please elaborate to ol me, can each and every player complete 1-3 and the bonus? If not does that form of gaming touch each and every player?

You're missing the point, why should I do them: for tokens of units I shouldn't have any business having them or to try for units I need but can't get to