Token Starvation and "listening" to the players

Bor Sigawi
Bor Sigawi
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 33
1. raid
in the past we had 5.5days worth of general ship build tokens in a raid and 11 days in a hull raid.
then we had only 5.5 days on all kinds of raids.
then all general ship build tokens were removed and we had instead specific hull build tokens for the new hulls we need to build.
and now that is also removed and the specific hull build tokens offered in the raid are not of the new hulls we need to build (eradicators and shrikes).

2. tlc's
in the past we had tlc's to help us with tokens for the new hulls we need to build because we had to many of them to build/refit in a short amount of time. we still have to many of them to build/refit in short time but no tlc's anymore.

3. we need to build even more with that less. in the past 1st raid was balanced for 3 full hulls built with no flag to do ok on top lvl targets. now 3 full hulls or flag+4 without armors can not do the top lvl target. this means that in the past we had to many to build and now we have even more then that to build because the to many once was 3full hulls and now is full flag+4.

4. "listening" to the players
the players said loud and clear in the poll kix did that the bigest problem in the game is repair time. what does kix do? damage is just increasing from even to event. higest i remember in this last raid. so bigest problem is repair time so lets give them more repair time so they miss the old hard repair time.
the majority of players said in other player generated poll that they would like 1 event per month (around 55% if i remember right). and another around 20% if i remember right said 2. so most want only raid and almost all want only raid or max raid+bounty. so wht kix do? instead of anothe special event they just change vxp into another event.
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,386
    1. raid
    in the past we had 5.5days worth of general ship build tokens in a raid and 11 days in a hull raid.
    then all general ship build tokens were removed and we had instead specific hull build tokens for the new hulls we need to build.
    and now that is also removed and the specific hull build tokens offered in the raid are not of the new hulls we need to build (eradicators and shrikes).

2. tlc's
    in the past we had tlc's to help us with tokens for the new hulls we need to build because we had to many of them to build/refit in a short amount of time. we still have to many of them to build/refit in short time but no tlc's anymore.

3. we need to build even more with that less. in the past 1st raid was balanced for 3 full hulls built with no flag to do ok on top lvl targets. now 3 full hulls or flag+4 without armors can not do the top lvl target. this means that in the past we had to many to build and now we have even more then that to build because the to many once was 3full hulls and now is full flag+4.

the players said loud and clear in the poll kix did that the bigest problem in the game is repair time. what does kix do? damage is just increasing from even to event. higest i remember in this last raid. so bigest problem is repair time so lets give them more repair time so they miss the old hard repair time.
    the majority of players said in other player generated poll that they would like 1 event per month (around 55% if i remember right). and another around 20% if i remember right said 2. so most want only raid and almost all want only raid or max raid+bounty. so wht kix do? instead of anothe special event they just change vxp into another event.
    Well said by next raid you will need both Era + flag and shrike+flag fuly build and armored , while u wont get any at all tokens just FM lol , to make everyone more happy they will make changes to FM(maybe new hull) again without tokens :D so stay tunned and be happy of more coins to use :D haha
  • shawnmarshall
    shawnmarshall
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 164

I think the OP got the button on the head, think back to the last time we needed two fleets, the buccaneer and hydra. Buccaneers were the raid prize with hydras being available through tlcs that granted build tokens. Even if you didn't build the hydras right away they kept re running the tlcs which allowed you to build up tokens and make the fleet. The only reason i was able to do this raid in a reasonable manner were hydras I built this way. If we don't get tokens for the strike I highly doubt I'll build them, 20 days for a hull plus 5 more for the flag, my eradicator aren't even done yet when am I supposed to build the fleet.

• Bor Sigawi
    Bor Sigawi
    Potential Threat

I think the OP got the button on the head, think back to the last time we needed two fleets, the buccaneer and hydra. Buccaneers were the raid prize with hydras being available through tlcs that granted build tokens. Even if you didn't build the hydras right away they kept re running the tlcs which allowed you to build up tokens and make the fleet. The only reason i was able to do this raid in a reasonable manner were hydras I built this way. If we don't get tokens for the strike I highly doubt I'll build them, 20 days for a hull plus 5 more for the flag, my eradicator aren't even done yet when am I supposed to build the fleet.

worse u will not even be able to build shrikes later on so to have them for next year as a 2nd rate fleet (like the hydras now) because u will be deep in trying to get at least a partial fleet for the next cycle ...
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    OP forgot about structure build tokens. The last time they were offered, was March or April
    Now.. When you're staring down the barrel of a 16 day shipyard upgrade, & no hulls can be built for 2 weeks (allowing for FM 1d tokens) THAT's a serious owch.
    I'm not doing my L6 SY because of that. & I sure won't coin it (Not that I have $80 to throw anyway)
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • Alpha__Wolf
    Alpha__Wolf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,049
    OP is 100% right.Keep telling kix the pressure to coin is causing players to quit,quit spending,or cut back in other areas.

I used reverse psychology in the survey,told them the event was way too easy,we need 3 fleets to build,and less tokens.Maybe it will work as telling them how it really is gets us the exact opposite. 
    TFC Rocks
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 847
    edited 17 Jan 2019, 6:14PM
    post doubled up. 

• mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 847
    I haven't built both fleets for any of the raids that "required" two hulls - and I have placed in the top 20 in my sector every single time. Just saying - just because they offer 2 fleets, I haven't seen a scenario yet where you cant do well in the raids with only one - just sayin.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    1. raid

2. tlc's

Why go on such a rant when your fourth point says you believe it to be pointless?
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Alan_Bridger38
    Alan_Bridger38
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 100
    WE want more current camps and tokens in tlcs and raids Dragon camp .... Erad tokens shrike tokens proto Tokens apollo cents tides put shrike and erads shells bk down to single days not waste 12 days of pointless shells thats why 95% of us didnt have a fleet ready for raid 
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    I need more Hydra tokens so I can do my third total refit before the next raid. I went through 2 months of tokens during the last raid and my stockpile is depleted.
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 319
    1. raid

2. tlc's

To me its obvius plan of Kix to starv the players for regular tokens to force the need for coining. If you cant use time to build, its best option to leave the game. The cost of it has realy grown to high now. The 1 % players will slowly get fewer and Kix will be in the chit they do make to much of every update we get. This FM they released the Nuc Acc 3, it take alone 1 d 14 hours to refit. Same chit with the AL4 its also 23 hours alone to refit. Its obvius that Kixeye has no clue about anything else than how can they make players coin more. So leving Kixeye games are best options we have realy.

It also the only signal Kixeye do understand, and they do hate that we are thinking about leaving them without players. But face it, if they cant change we need to force them to by not coining and bying stuff they offer. Have anyone seen the numbers of offer's lately? It do tell me that they must be stuggling with income balance and all the words they have given us about stuff was just lots of hot air from theyr leading people to smokesceen what they realy was doing. 

Pattle Pirats is no longer FUN, its mostly chores and repeat operations just to stay current. And they nerf our builds without giving us real compensations, thats fraud in my book.

Regards
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,005
    We had a minimum of 5.5 days and could restart the FM for another 5.5 days minimum, making it at least 11days. You could win up to 14 days if you were lucky. I doubt I'll have my fleet completed for the next raid. Right now, I have 4 hulls plus the flag, with only 3 ships partially built. This will probably be my last raid cycle.
  • jim.lore.31
    jim.lore.31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 103
    Kixeye does not care about you...all they care about is your money and if you don't pay...they don't care about you.  It is useless to complain as NOTHING will EVER get changed for the better. Either play or do not play...it really is as simple as that. It is my belief that KIXEYE is doing all of this on purpose so that enough players will leave the game so they can shut it down and not have to worry about lawsuits or playing back money to customers who have not left. 

They don't care whether your happy and as long as you all continue to pay to play they will keep doing whatever they can to squeeze every last dime out of you. I realize, as Humans, You feel the need to complain about stuff but you are wasting your time. Either play the game or do not.  NOTHING will ever change and if your expecting it to change because of something you complained about...your fooling yourself. Good luck 
  • Pharaz
    Pharaz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 226
    edited 18 Jan 2019, 2:05PM
    I have no days off during this event so I don't see any way to really participate. I'll just hope the normal VXP encounter work as they have.
  • Dan Gibson
    Dan Gibson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 527
    Pharaz said:
    I have no days off during this event so I don't see any way to really participate. I'll just hope the normal VXP encounter work as they have.
    dont bother the damage is way off the raid level and point payout is crap 

• Bor Sigawi
    Bor Sigawi
    Potential Threat
    OP forgot about structure build tokens. The last time they were offered, was March or April
    Now.. When you're staring down the barrel of a 16 day shipyard upgrade, & no hulls can be built for 2 weeks (allowing for FM 1d tokens) THAT's a serious owch.
    I'm not doing my L6 SY because of that. & I sure won't coin it (Not that I have $80 to throw anyway)
    i didnt forget structure build tokens i just dont think they are an issue. we must build the fleets on time in order to stay on top - this does not apply to structures, sure it will be cool to speed up structures but we can also take our time with them. the only building that needs to be built fast is the shipyard and 1 building per long period of time is really not an issue in my opinion.
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3,474
    i didnt forget structure build tokens i just dont think they are an issue. we must build the fleets on time in order to stay on top - this does not apply to structures, sure it will be cool to speed up structures but we can also take our time with them. the only building that needs to be built fast is the shipyard and 1 building per long period of time is really not an issue in my opinion.
    I think you'll find many pirates would disagree with you there. Plenty aren't up to speed on some things, Level 3 Portals can't have base parts applied, and honestly, if you could pick up 5 x 2 days worth of Structure tokens, you'd be able to smash out a Level 10 turret instantly as well.
    Structure tokens are always useful to a pirate, unless he truly has nothing left to upgrade.
    I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & other forms of violence, like roasting faces, or cutting horses in two with a single swing of my sword
    I fear nothing, your pixels are dust compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)