Lowered Cannon Mount II - Anybody planning to USE?

ogrish
ogrish
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 283
I'm picking up both Nuke Accelerators 3 and CL-4.  Both do what they are supposed to.  Lowered Cannon Mount II seems like it has just as many negatives (lowered speed and range) as positives (better defense).  Do we think we need that much more defense for next time????  What are folks thinking about this special.
  • Dopey_ARANG
    Dopey_ARANG
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 248
    May be useful on Shrikes for extra def when they stop, surface and fire, but looks like rubbish for on Erads imo. Im trying to speed mine up a bit to outrun throwers, not slow down and get my face scorched.
    Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty woids! 
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 283
    Good point, something to keep in mind IF I ever build a Shrike.
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 820
    I looked at a build in the ship yard with the lowered mount, nuke 3 and CL4 - brought up my read defense to 98% and the Ball to 97% - damage was over 2 million per hit. I, for one, am going to use all three.
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,951

    Shrikes move underwater. Can afford to be slow.
    Negative ballisitc range doesnt affect shrike
    The positives on the blueprint all stack with all my other specials on my shrike designs.

    Definately going on shrikes.
    Hyper30 lowered canon2 cl4 and 4 ferrous. New launcher special and old special from the hydra . And siege battery 4.

    3 limited stalker launchers on each 5 as i have 15 and 3 normal shrike launchers.

    Thats my design for completion after vxp suicide ranking and on paper it looks like an auto target beast of a tank.
    It drives like a ship on auto so might as well design it to auto

    image
  • Soulvampyr
    Soulvampyr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 318

    Wish it got them launchers more dmg too but just ballistic so ??

  • Shadow527
    Shadow527
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 635

    Shrikes move underwater. Can afford to be slow.
    Negative ballisitc range doesnt affect shrike
    The positives on the blueprint all stack with all my other specials on my shrike designs.

    Definately going on shrikes.
    Hyper30 lowered canon2 cl4 and 4 ferrous. New launcher special and old special from the hydra . And siege battery 4.

    3 limited stalker launchers on each 5 as i have 15 and 3 normal shrike launchers.

    Thats my design for completion after vxp suicide ranking and on paper it looks like an auto target beast of a tank.
    It drives like a ship on auto so might as well design it to auto

    No Engine?
    image
  • Mors Pawlit
    Mors Pawlit
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 78
    Shadow527 said:

    Shrikes move underwater. Can afford to be slow.
    Negative ballisitc range doesnt affect shrike
    The positives on the blueprint all stack with all my other specials on my shrike designs.

    Definately going on shrikes.
    Hyper30 lowered canon2 cl4 and 4 ferrous. New launcher special and old special from the hydra . And siege battery 4.

    3 limited stalker launchers on each 5 as i have 15 and 3 normal shrike launchers.

    Thats my design for completion after vxp suicide ranking and on paper it looks like an auto target beast of a tank.
    It drives like a ship on auto so might as well design it to auto

    No Engine?
    Dont really need it as it gets a 100% speed boost underwater.   Build code : eNqrVipPTSzIzytWsoo2NDM10sFFxOooJRbl5heBFBobm5npoBJA6eKC1OTMxBywAgtDSx1jS3NzIGEBYhmZAAlLAx1DU0tLoNKM0pwcTxclKxMjI0MdpdSKgtSiEqfSzJwUJas0oAmptQB5digt

  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932
    tried no engine with the eradicator, ended poorly, couldn't get the stacks but SHrike doesn't have that problem AND he's got the Hyper 30 on there for +30% speed.
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932
    Also, don't forget + 50% evade bonus on Lower Cannon Mount III, that some big defence bonuses there.... 
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

    @ogrish said:
    I'm picking up both Nuke Accelerators 3 and CL-4.  Both do what they are supposed to.  Lowered Cannon Mount II seems like it has just as many negatives (lowered speed and range) as positives (better defense).  Do we think we need that much more defense for next time????  What are folks thinking about this special.

    Mine will sit in the FM Prize Pool right next to the first one.........

    There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

    Maybe might be an unrealized use. So, probably...........

    There 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,951

    That build has 24 combat speed. 98 to all resistances 65 evade and 30 splash reduction.

    25% speed boost from flag Solons. 24 + 1/4 24. 24 +6 = 30 combat.
    100% speed boost underwater so double that when its on the move.

    60 combat.

    So nope.. no engine.

    image
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,951

    As per all my above posts...

    Ive used all normal launchers incase most of the community doest have at least 15 limited launchers. If you do add 3 to each ship and the resistances go from 97 to 98.

    Reasoning behind this design...

    slow no engine tanky shrike design. dont forget it gets 100% ( double speed) underwater when its moving and cant be hit by flamers or any other turrets while on the move as mod confirmed there is no detection.
    i build it for evade and resistance and splash damage reduction when it surfaces and makes itself a target.
    it doesnt have to run around the target on the surface at high speed to outrun the flamers.
    it can slowly slink into range pop up fire then sink beneath the waves and creep to next target
    It functions like auto ship.. move stop fire and repeat... so might as well design it to be the auto ship..absorb lots of damage as its a sitting duck when its firing.. reduce flamer splash by 30% and reduce damage by 97/98% and avoid up to 66% of incoming bullets i hope.

    Shipbuilder code..

    eNqrVkqtKEgtKnEqzcxJUbJKS8wpTtVRyijNyfF0UbIyMTIy1FEqLkhNzgRKKFlFG1samegYW1pY6hiaWlrqGFsYAglLSwMgYW4eq6OUWJSbXwRWaGxmpoNKAKXLUxML8vNA8oZmpkY6uIjYWgDaNCgt

    image
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
    Also, don't forget + 50% evade bonus on Lower Cannon Mount III, that some big defence bonuses there.... 
    Can't tell if being sarcastic but that +50% evade will be helpful there are some accuracy based turrets in the target.
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,408

    As per all my above posts...

    Ive used all normal launchers incase most of the community doest have at least 15 limited launchers. If you do add 3 to each ship and the resistances go from 97 to 98.

    Reasoning behind this design...

    slow no engine tanky shrike design. dont forget it gets 100% ( double speed) underwater when its moving and cant be hit by flamers or any other turrets while on the move as mod confirmed there is no detection.
    i build it for evade and resistance and splash damage reduction when it surfaces and makes itself a target.
    it doesnt have to run around the target on the surface at high speed to outrun the flamers.
    it can slowly slink into range pop up fire then sink beneath the waves and creep to next target
    It functions like auto ship.. move stop fire and repeat... so might as well design it to be the auto ship..absorb lots of damage as its a sitting duck when its firing.. reduce flamer splash by 30% and reduce damage by 97/98% and avoid up to 66% of incoming bullets i hope.

    Shipbuilder code..

    eNqrVkqtKEgtKnEqzcxJUbJKS8wpTtVRyijNyfF0UbIyMTIy1FEqLkhNzgRKKFlFG1samegYW1pY6hiaWlrqGFsYAglLSwMgYW4eq6OUWJSbXwRWaGxmpoNKAKXLUxML8vNA8oZmpkY6uIjYWgDaNCgt

    I'm doing something similar, but I'm going to plan to pilot it. Then I can surface where I want, avoiding the throwers, and hopefully destroy them with shockwave damage from another turret. .... Maybe
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932
    Also, don't forget + 50% evade bonus on Lower Cannon Mount III, that some big defence bonuses there.... 
    Can't tell if being sarcastic but that +50% evade will be helpful there are some accuracy based turrets in the target.
     :)  not being sarcastic, it will reduce damage a lot.
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 319
    May be useful on Shrikes for extra def when they stop, surface and fire, but looks like rubbish for on Erads imo. Im trying to speed mine up a bit to outrun throwers, not slow down and get my face scorched.
    Why would anyone use a ballistic special on a luncher hull with lunchers on? Another problem is -40 speed, that would disqualify it in most of the current targets.


    Regards.
    Spider OUT ! LvL 130
  • Capt. Phantom
    Capt. Phantom
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 101
    Hey Everybody! Hydra's just got buffed up to a whole new level, good thing! Here's the updated build, hope it helps!
    Related image
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,657

    @Spider Retired said:
    Dopey_ARANG said:

    May be useful on Shrikes for extra def when they stop, surface and fire, but looks like rubbish for on Erads imo. Im trying to speed mine up a bit to outrun throwers, not slow down and get my face scorched.

    Why would anyone use a ballistic special on a luncher hull with lunchers on? Another problem is -40 speed, that would disqualify it in most of the current targets.

    Regards.

    ... because we want 50% evade and 35% to both relevant resists for literally no downside?

    Our range doesn't suffer and Shrikes do not actually care about combat speed

    I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,951

    @Loco266 said:

    @Spider Retired said:
    Dopey_ARANG said:

    May be useful on Shrikes for extra def when they stop, surface and fire, but looks like rubbish for on Erads imo. Im trying to speed mine up a bit to outrun throwers, not slow down and get my face scorched.

    Why would anyone use a ballistic special on a luncher hull with lunchers on? Another problem is -40 speed, that would disqualify it in most of the current targets.

    Regards.

    ... because we want 50% evade and 35% to both relevant resists for literally no downside?

    Our range doesn't suffer and Shrikes do not actually care about combat speed

    Now now loco you slacking mate... tut tut.

    You forgetting... very useful projectile speed and the 100% building damage too.

    Give the guy the full picture so he can start to learn how to be a better shipbuilder or understand ship design mechanics.

    Hehe

    image
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,351

    @Capt. Phantom said:
    Hey Everybody! Hydra's just got buffed up to a whole new level, good thing! Here's the updated build, hope it helps!

    That's not a good build. LCM2 does not suit hydras at all because it slows it down drastically. You want the combat speed.

    I understand if you want to keep the limited charged armor on for Legion Colony targets, but for max efficiency do all C1-CR.

    Siege Capacitor is not the capacitor to use. Aegis is the way to go. Less flechette damage increases the amount of shockwaves you can get off a single turret, which will help damage anything around it more efficiently. It also beefs up resistance more than anything else, without compromising speed. You don't need to outrange throwers if you can outrun the shots.

    It's only game, why you have to be mad?
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
    The Qing said:

    @Capt. Phantom said:
    Hey Everybody! Hydra's just got buffed up to a whole new level, good thing! Here's the updated build, hope it helps!

    That's not a good build. LCM2 does not suit hydras at all because it slows it down drastically. You want the combat speed.

    I understand if you want to keep the limited charged armor on for Legion Colony targets, but for max efficiency do all C1-CR.

    Siege Capacitor is not the capacitor to use. Aegis is the way to go. Less flechette damage increases the amount of shockwaves you can get off a single turret, which will help damage anything around it more efficiently. It also beefs up resistance more than anything else, without compromising speed. You don't need to outrange throwers if you can outrun the shots.

    Actually to outrange the throwers you don't want speed.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,351
    The Qing said:

    @Capt. Phantom said:
    Hey Everybody! Hydra's just got buffed up to a whole new level, good thing! Here's the updated build, hope it helps!

    That's not a good build. LCM2 does not suit hydras at all because it slows it down drastically. You want the combat speed.

    I understand if you want to keep the limited charged armor on for Legion Colony targets, but for max efficiency do all C1-CR.

    Siege Capacitor is not the capacitor to use. Aegis is the way to go. Less flechette damage increases the amount of shockwaves you can get off a single turret, which will help damage anything around it more efficiently. It also beefs up resistance more than anything else, without compromising speed. You don't need to outrange throwers if you can outrun the shots.

    Actually to outrange the throwers you don't want speed.
    You should not build to outrange the throwers. It takes too much effort for not much reward in terms of damage reduction. One lag spike and all your efforts are for nought. You can just as easily blitz past the pyro turret without taking damage, letting it empty its salvo then swinging back to kill it once it has expended all its ammunition. It's more consistent, easier to do, takes less time, and is more resistant to lag.
    It's only game, why you have to be mad?
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,351

    Shrikes move underwater. Can afford to be slow.
    Negative ballisitc range doesnt affect shrike
    The positives on the blueprint all stack with all my other specials on my shrike designs.

    Definately going on shrikes.
    Hyper30 lowered canon2 cl4 and 4 ferrous. New launcher special and old special from the hydra . And siege battery 4.

    3 limited stalker launchers on each 5 as i have 15 and 3 normal shrike launchers.

    Thats my design for completion after vxp suicide ranking and on paper it looks like an auto target beast of a tank.
    It drives like a ship on auto so might as well design it to auto

    that build is invalid now, kix doesnt allow LCM2 and Hyper 30 to stack anymore.
    It's only game, why you have to be mad?
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Moderator
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,354
    The Qing said:

    Shrikes move underwater. Can afford to be slow.
    Negative ballisitc range doesnt affect shrike
    The positives on the blueprint all stack with all my other specials on my shrike designs.

    Definately going on shrikes.
    Hyper30 lowered canon2 cl4 and 4 ferrous. New launcher special and old special from the hydra . And siege battery 4.

    3 limited stalker launchers on each 5 as i have 15 and 3 normal shrike launchers.

    Thats my design for completion after vxp suicide ranking and on paper it looks like an auto target beast of a tank.
    It drives like a ship on auto so might as well design it to auto

    that build is invalid now, kix doesnt allow LCM2 and Hyper 30 to stack anymore.
    I passed that bit up to see if it is intended or what is going on with it.
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,657

    @warren.fee.3 said:

    @Loco266 said:

    @Spider Retired said:
    Dopey_ARANG said:

    May be useful on Shrikes for extra def when they stop, surface and fire, but looks like rubbish for on Erads imo. Im trying to speed mine up a bit to outrun throwers, not slow down and get my face scorched.

    Why would anyone use a ballistic special on a luncher hull with lunchers on? Another problem is -40 speed, that would disqualify it in most of the current targets.

    Regards.

    ... because we want 50% evade and 35% to both relevant resists for literally no downside?

    Our range doesn't suffer and Shrikes do not actually care about combat speed

    Now now loco you slacking mate... tut tut.

    You forgetting... very useful projectile speed and the 100% building damage too.

    Give the guy the full picture so he can start to learn how to be a better shipbuilder or understand ship design mechanics.

    Hehe

    Shoot, you're right lol

    I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Moderator
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,354
    edited 22 Jan 2019, 12:46AM
    So there was a hotfix to correct the stacking with Hyper30 and Lowered Cannon Mount 2.

    They can now both be equipped to the same ship once again.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
       yay
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,951

    @Templar614 said:
    So there was a hotfix to correct the stacking with Hyper30 and Lowered Cannon Mount 2.

    They can now both be equipped to the same ship once again.

    TY Templar.

    Thanks for passing this up and feeding back
    Much appreciated

    My build is viable once again.
    Yay

    image
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 214
    edited 22 Jan 2019, 5:51AM
    what about seige targeting? if we put on this new canon special we can not put on seige targeting ... i thought the big tip from kix said we need most building damage possible ... can we afford not having seige targeting ? same build with seige targeting is more damage for less evade and defense ... which is better ?
Sign In or Register to comment.