HowHigh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 967
    CTCO3 !!!!!
  • Luke1979
    Luke1979
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 74
    Is base 'auto repair' gonna be happening this bounty?

Also considering how unbalanced pvp is currently (if u have breachers u are likely to win), shouldn't a successful base defence be rewarded in the same way that a successful hit is?

Battle Pirates is NOT a game, it's a Lifestyle!!  :)
  • dm vc
    dm vc
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 849
    Okay, so the way that I see this is - 50% of what you take you automatically bank - so, if you win 1000 bounty, 500 is automatically banked - then, if you get attacked, the attacker can only take 50% of the 500 that was left unsecured - either way, you are only going to loose 25% percent of your plunder - ever. I dont see how thats a bad thing. An attacker has to kill the OP in order to take your bounty - this usually gets you a 4 hour bubble - Im not seeing the issue - they arent going to be able to pound you over and over and over until you have nothing left.
    inaccurate many times in past bounties the bubble feature has not worked for some players - not to mention not all players are able to log on and play ever 4 hours, last raid a low level in our sector had 3200 - they hit her for 92% i think it was leaving some buildings - no bubble and down to 1600 - then the went in only hitting one building - taking half her res each time 800 - 400 - 200 - 100 - 50 - 25  and we really couldnt believe it but the came back in for the 25 too - so in the span of about 15 min well offline she went from 3200 to 13 points - so in this imperfect world of kixeye you really should think before you make such a statement - yes correct you may have 13 points left which is more than nothing, but you are still able to get pounded to death til you have virtually nothing left :)
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051
    edited 20 Dec 2018, 6:28PM
    Not understanding why the changes to the one event that most people enjoyed somewhat. Taking away secures really hurts lower levels and face it the coiners and people with hitting fleets had options to get points anyways. There are more important things to work on in the game then wasting time changing an event that worked pretty well.
    There were a lot of complaints from higher attacking players saying that it was a huge waste of time to attack a base only to find that the defender jumped out and secured the bounty when the prep was finished - so they got nothing after they coined repairs in between preps - my answer to that was - if its going to take you multiple attempts to wear down a base before you can finally get in then maybe you should be attacking something smaller that you can defeat in one go.
    Those complaints are reasonable, by the way.  You could also bank while being attacked, not just in between attacks, and prevent a loss of any bounty points.

Players banking *when being attacked* were clearly gaming a system flaw.  This new system is better.
  • Tom H
    Tom H
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 80
    edited 22 Dec 2018, 5:36PM
    Sorry, I don't like the system for bounty this time. Put back the manual secure option. Not doing another bounty like this... screw this. So you work twice as hard and get half the payout?!... Nope... the big players get bigger and the smaller ones stay small. Granted when hit for unsecured you only lose 1/2 but that half is still available to next player that hits you and so on. My base doesn't even repair before another person can hit my base. No bring back the manual secures! If the predator players want to complain about a lack of targets what would happen when no one else wants to do bounty and doesn't participate ?!... Then fewer targets all together.
  • scottyboy
    scottyboy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 15
    this bounty are you joking not wasting my time or money on this mess
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,733
    We are investigating two bounty issues:

- Nexus shown at 0,0 in locator
    - Resources not being rewarded for replica bases
    KIXEYE Director of Marketing
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • scottyboy
    scottyboy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 15
    i will not waste anymore time on this joke of a bounty

• michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,723
    CM Chris said:
    We are investigating two bounty issues:

- Nexus shown at 0,0 in locator
    - Resources not being rewarded for replica bases
    Chris-I wanted to check with you about the Bounty Level. Expanding gives you a MAX of 4000 deflection. This seems like essentially nothing. Fortifying alone can give you 22K This seems like a waste of time since a single piece of armor gives you far more deflection that the "expansion"-are the numbers listed the correct ones?
  • Misojamester
    Misojamester
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 145
    unbelievable have 5 conqueror ships destroyed in lvl 88 for 260 points when in previous one is doable with no damages. The outpost weapon kill conquerors into 1 shoot. Time ago conquerors ships does not get any damages for the weak outpost weapon now killed. I am hardly unsatisfied and however has a working brain is agree with that.
  • nathanbeck
    nathanbeck
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 24
    Are we going to have auto secures like we use too! 2k , 4k, 5k, 10K Bounty points or however it went?

Sounds like it is just the 10k auto secure like we have had the last several seasons.

So you will bank 50% of everything you accumulate, and that remaining 50% will automatically secure once you have 10k unsecured.

this is the first one where you havent had the  manual secure why have they taken it away .. 
    be cuz kix dont give a **** about the non coiner thats why they want to say they making the game better then go and take away the only fiar chance the non coiner or lil guy had to gain the tech need to stay in the game all in the name of the coiner yes coin helps found the game but to only hear one side is been the dam problum of the game from the begeaning

• leonvdburgh
    leonvdburgh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 648
    they still did get the points yes. but not from the base like it is now.This system now is a total fk up.If you cant get to the 10 000. they will bleed you to 0. some not getting bubble either.
  • Mors Pawlit
    Mors Pawlit
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 78
    Wow... learn to build your ships.... if they get 1 shot by an OP gun you need help....
  • Misojamester
    Misojamester
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 145
    Wow... learn to build your ships.... if they get 1 shot by an OP gun you need help....
    Man don't get me angry more than i am: My ships works fine until they nerf conqueror armour. Now all sucks so don't teach me how build ships. From yesterday to today they die don't kid me ! What is this the KIX christmas present? they give us batray for ruin the bouty? bah!
  • nathanbeck
    nathanbeck
    Greenhorn
    Not understanding why the changes to the one event that most people enjoyed somewhat. Taking away secures really hurts lower levels and face it the coiners and people with hitting fleets had options to get points anyways. There are more important things to work on in the game then wasting time changing an event that worked pretty well.
    There were a lot of complaints from higher attacking players saying that it was a huge waste of time to attack a base only to find that the defender jumped out and secured the bounty when the prep was finished - so they got nothing after they coined repairs in between preps - my answer to that was - if its going to take you multiple attempts to wear down a base before you can finally get in then maybe you should be attacking something smaller that you can defeat in one go.
    Those complaints are reasonable, by the way.  You could also bank while being attacked, not just in between attacks, and prevent a loss of any bounty points.

Players banking *when being attacked* were clearly gaming a system flaw.  This new system is better.
    wen peeps banked during the hit attacker still got bounty,just saying

so its call make it to where if being hit you cant bank not just take it a way 
    take players like me who cant even hit a player base and can only hit pve bases how it grinding at cheap pve target fair when every 4 hours you got someone coming along and taking half of what you worked hard for to catch up how in any way is that fair or better 
    you tilling me that they cant just make it disallowed to bank when being hit but they can take a class of hulls like genalist and make them youless when the
  • The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932
    dm vc said:
    Okay, so the way that I see this is - 50% of what you take you automatically bank - so, if you win 1000 bounty, 500 is automatically banked - then, if you get attacked, the attacker can only take 50% of the 500 that was left unsecured - either way, you are only going to loose 25% percent of your plunder - ever. I dont see how thats a bad thing. An attacker has to kill the OP in order to take your bounty - this usually gets you a 4 hour bubble - Im not seeing the issue - they arent going to be able to pound you over and over and over until you have nothing left.
    inaccurate many times in past bounties the bubble feature has not worked for some players - not to mention not all players are able to log on and play ever 4 hours, last raid a low level in our sector had 3200 - they hit her for 92% i think it was leaving some buildings - no bubble and down to 1600 - then the went in only hitting one building - taking half her res each time 800 - 400 - 200 - 100 - 50 - 25  and we really couldnt believe it but the came back in for the 25 too - so in the span of about 15 min well offline she went from 3200 to 13 points - so in this imperfect world of kixeye you really should think before you make such a statement - yes correct you may have 13 points left which is more than nothing, but you are still able to get pounded to death til you have virtually nothing left :)
    but thats the whole point of this bounty's mechanics, this time if she earned 3200 she would have 1600 auto secured. so they can hit repeatedly and take the other 1600 over 6 hits but she would still have 1600.

also you are referring to a glitch that's clearly not how it is intended to work. 

side note, the new turret is rubbish, won't get past breacher deflection, certainly not without T7 Rad damage increase (it's T8), 60k per salvo (before buffs) when you need minimum 140k  to get past base deflection + siege battery. 

so that leaves some quite blah armours and 3 days worth of conq tokens... not sure if that's worth opting in for...

side side note - anyone able to confirm what the opt in drip is? and was half of it auto secured?
  • Nick Heath
    Nick Heath
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 980

but, but, but, some of the big players don't like others to have anything, they didn't just want the bounty, they wanted to take it away from the others :(
    Snoopy
  • nathanbeck
    nathanbeck
    Greenhorn
    thats what im getting from it 

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051

but if the defender banked "during" the attack then the attacker still got the bounty points (also). So if you have a problem with that you clearly just want to be able to ruin some poor sod's day. 
    What?  If you get hit and defeated you should lose something.  This is a PIRATE game.  Pirates steal stuff.

I like the mandatory securing of bounty points.  It protects weaker players at least to some degree.  It ALSO allows some bounty to always be exposed.  The whole point - the literal point - is to boost PvP engagement.  The format at hand will work at that goal.
  • nathanbeck
    nathanbeck
    Greenhorn
    how do you figer im a lvl99 and havo no t7 defenders so i cant stop a hit if i tryed and i cant get the points to get whats needed to defend my base cuz im nothing but a farm 

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932

What?  If you get hit and defeated you should lose something.  This is a PIRATE game.  Pirates steal stuff.

I like the mandatory securing of bounty points.  It protects weaker players at least to some degree.  It ALSO allows some bounty to always be exposed.  The whole point - the literal point - is to boost PvP engagement.  The format at hand will work at that goal.
    I like and dislike your comment. 

yes point is to promote base hitting. this format will do that. 

when you're hit you get res taken and your dock is OOA for 2hrs, if the attacker gets the reward I don't think there needs to be further punishment for the defender, especially if they have to 1. be online at the time (to hit secure) and 2. only have a limited number of secures anyway. remember that poor sod is probably spending a lot of seat time to get those bounty points in the first place. 

what you're advocating about the no secure bit, (this format aside) is unnecessarily cruel for some poor **** who is grinding "your opponents" because there's some tech that will be next to impossible to play without.

that said, new turret and armours are crap, so will people bother to opt in this time ... dunno, I have breachers and would probably get the points easy enough (by hitting bases or your opponents) but can I be bothered with the seat time? ... maybe no.
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,667
    Trying to figure this out....

Lets say you have 2800, is half of that secure ?

Which leaves 1400 unsecured. 

Does the winning attacker get half of the unsecured 1400 ?

• ELITE_ITCH
    ELITE_ITCH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 562
    edited 20 Dec 2018, 7:40PM
    Is at ZERO and will stay at ZERO, You guys keep going and there wont be a game worth playing anymore. Keep your prizes too ! Thank You

• Joe Kelly32
    Joe Kelly32
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 14
    hit a 107 and  a109  repl base got zero bounty on bounty