Conquers Gamble

OneEyeWild
OneEyeWild
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 76
Damage is crazy on this  over 30hrs for manticore fleet just doing 1st part.
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,386
    Hehe ive done 1st with just 1hr dmg :D I can guess you tired to auto it :p You cant auto everything :p time to learn to drive :D 
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,953

Autoed all 5 packs inside 1st hour. Took very little damage

Caedes led proto apollo fleet.

One of the few fortunate ones that could breeze through it on auto and no coin.

• OneEyeWild
    OneEyeWild
    Potential Threat

Who has caedes? and time to build them without coining heavily.
  • OneEyeWild
    OneEyeWild
    Potential Threat
    Hehe ive done 1st with just 1hr dmg :D I can guess you tired to auto it :p You cant auto everything :p time to learn to drive :D 
    No I didnt auto used manticores? Mind you I dodn't have the latestest armor on them but used them fine for the raid before.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,844
    No I didnt auto used manticores? Mind you I dodn't have the latestest armor on them but used them fine for the raid before.
    Here is your explanation, you've answered your own question. Missing armor? Might as well have only half the weapons on them. 

[Blanket statement not necessarily directed at OP] Its one thing to complain about difficulty and damage in targets, its another to complain about the difficulty and damage when you are sporting an incomplete fleet or partially built ships. You can argue all day long whether its "fair" or "right" that most campaigns require fully built and ranked ships in a full fleet with a flag, but at the very least it shouldn't be surprising to people that anything less than that either can't complete the camp or suffers high amounts of damage. 
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3

someone who build his slowly 1 and a half  to 2 years ago in stages between other fleet builds back when we had 4 month cycles and when we got many tokens from the old FM style. coin.. nah mate, planning. back when we caedes shards first came into game

• kalle.tap
    kalle.tap
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 92

Note: it says to use Macakara's  manticores as a recommended fleet not caedes or proto appollos that ppl may not have.
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    kalle.tap said:

Note: it says to use Macakara's  manticores as a recommended fleet not caedes or proto appollos that ppl may not have.
    oh i have 2 fully flagged manticore/makaras manticore fleets
    but they take high damage
    i was recommending a much more effective fleet, the proto-apollo
    and if you have caedes to throw that in as well

all because the recommended fleet is there, there is nothing to say you cant use the more recent more powerful assault fleet.
    proto-apollo was released after makara and is a higher tier. tier 7.5 as apposed to manticore tier 7.

i am one of these top end players who can do everything on auto coin free,
    got all the tlcs done last night without any issues using my personal recommended fleets not kix's recommended ones.
    as a highly experienced player i know what works best and where.this is my tlc list and base level and the coin i've got left in my account from end or raid.
    i am not a heavy coiner at all.

• Aussie_RBG
    Aussie_RBG
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 58
    edited 13 Dec 2018, 9:57PM
    6m 31s repair per Target using Caedes/Manti Fleet and that's only from the Drones being launched. Slow built mine with Tokens

• FreeperTroll
    FreeperTroll
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 99
    Ni-Gel said:
    Everyone without Caedes gets punished. I hope Kixeye wakes up and realize whats happening with assault targets now. Caedes owners do stuff for free while others gets 10hrs+ repairs.
    Nailed it.
    Before all "WELL I BUILT THE RIGHT FLT" types get on, I started building Ironclads, then Buccs, then IB's then Dragons, then Bats, now Eradicators, so.........ya, no time for a "correct" hull that didnt look like it would do Raids/TLC's.
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Ni-Gel said:
    Everyone without Caedes gets punished. I hope Kixeye wakes up and realize whats happening with assault targets now. Caedes owners do stuff for free while others gets 10hrs+ repairs.
    I dont have Caedes and done each PP with 1hr dmg to Manticores :p its all about driving habit , you can dislike my comments m but still i can do em easily :D You all seen my manticores Vid during one of raid doing T8 for free(instant rep), now u cant do it instant rep, but 1hr dmg isnt a lot for those targets :p , and yes i didnt use gm just regular crew :D  
  • blue_army2004
    blue_army2004
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 59
    Ni-Gel said:
    Nailed it.
    Before all "WELL I BUILT THE RIGHT FLT" types get on, I started building Ironclads, then Buccs, then IB's then Dragons, then Bats, now Eradicators, so.........ya, no time for a "correct" hull that didnt look like it would do Raids/TLC's.
    This is also the exactly reason the game is dying down everyday. Even if you build decent fleets with all your efforts, the targets were designed to prevent a top few from getting free ride(without coining). Then all other players got punished.
  • Nitromthn
    Nitromthn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 841
    edited 13 Dec 2018, 10:47PM
    first part? i did first one and it was 21 hours or 45 coins to fix.. the camps are to force you to coin.. there is no way with the time limit and repair times you can complete unless you coin.. kix is very greedy and there not going to change.. ever!!!! its just getting worse.. 
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,428

@Nitromthn said:
    OneEyeWild said:

first part? i did first one and it was 21 hours or 45 coins to fix.. the camps are to force you to coin.. there is no way with the time limit and repair times you can complete unless you coin.. kix is very greedy and there not going to change.. ever!!!! its just getting worse.. 

pretty sure you can cut that damage down to 20% if you used only one ship to tank the Cryo missile damage.

Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Nitromthn said:
    After your post, I could not resist the temptation to take up your challenge. I will sacrifice my repair time to prove to you that it can be done.

Just so you know, I am a Caedes user. This is my first time throwing a Manticore fleet against these targets. I have no prior experience, except with encounter 2 which were the level 90 Bacon Targets.

This is my fleet, after all 4 encounters, no repairs in between:

6 hours. I just peeled off my Makara away from the rest of the bunch to tank any cryo missiles. It's such a simple change in driving style, and it saves you so much damage.

Like I said, I have a Caedes. I did this specifically to prove you wrong. I will do the other runs with the Caedes, because I will have enough repairs to deal with from the upcoming VXP weekend.
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Ni-Gel said:
    I only find it fair for the Caedes users. They earned it. I got my Caedes by slowly collecting shards every single raid. I knew that the Caedes would remain useful long after the original raid cycle that it was introduced for. (I wouldn't be surprised if it remains dominant for the NEXT assault cycle, short of Kixeye hull-locking everything)

After the Makara was introduced in the first raid of the cycle, I chose not to build it. I invested the whole month in the Caedes and not much else. My makara ended up being only a shell by the time the second raid rolled around. Still worth it. I saw the value of this thing, spent over a year to collect for it, and sacrificed yard time to build it because it was worth it.

Caedes users earned the free pass through the campaign, honestly. Not like those with Manticores have no way to do it, I showed you that it is possible to do it for much less damage. I'm pretty sure my result can be improved upon. I used no crew, and only my Makara had full Limited Armors and Hyper 30, as it was my tank.
  • Zam
    Zam
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,501
    The Qing said:
    Ni-Gel said:
    I only find it fair for the Caedes users. They earned it. I got my Caedes by slowly collecting shards every single raid. I knew that the Caedes would remain useful long after the original raid cycle that it was introduced for. (I wouldn't be surprised if it remains dominant for the NEXT assault cycle, short of Kixeye hull-locking everything)

After the Makara was introduced in the first raid of the cycle, I chose not to build it. I invested the whole month in the Caedes and not much else. My makara ended up being only a shell by the time the second raid rolled around. Still worth it. I saw the value of this thing, spent over a year to collect for it, and sacrificed yard time to build it because it was worth it.

Caedes users earned the free pass through the campaign, honestly. Not like those with Manticores have no way to do it, I showed you that it is possible to do it for much less damage. I'm pretty sure my result can be improved upon. I used no crew, and only my Makara had full Limited Armors and Hyper 30, as it was my tank.
    I think the gist of what Ni means is that making it free for you guys is fine, but it doesn't need to be a kick in the gonads for the rest of us.  You win, we manage to keep our heads above water a bit more...it all makes it a bit more manageable.
    Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    Ni-Gel said:
    Nailed it.
    This is also the exactly reason the game is dying down everyday. Even if you build decent fleets with all your efforts, the targets were designed to prevent a top few from getting free ride(without coining). Then all other players got punished.

" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • NotNigel
    NotNigel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 428
    The Qing said:
    Ni-Gel said:

I never said it was impossible. What I am saying is that Kixeye is fully aware that Caedes users do the campaigns and most of the raid for free and if they are okay with that why do the Manticore users get ridiculous repairs? I am perfectly fine with them locking it out of campaigns for a fair playing field. If 10k users gotta do it the hard way, everyone should do it the hard way.

P.S. I hate Caedes users. I been collecting shards since I came back into game and can never manage to get enough.
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Ni-Gel said:
    The Qing said:
    Ni-Gel said:

I never said it was impossible. What I am saying is that Kixeye is fully aware that Caedes users do the campaigns and most of the raid for free and if they are okay with that why do the Manticore users get ridiculous repairs? I am perfectly fine with them locking it out of campaigns for a fair playing field. If 10k users gotta do it the hard way, everyone should do it the hard way.

P.S. I hate Caedes users. I been collecting shards since I came back into game and can never manage to get enough.
    Im perfectly fine with manticores without ceades :D can do it 75 draconian on auto for instant rep or 95 driving for instant rep, same time can do it most tlc for instant rep, gamble got Raid dmg so I can do it for 1hr dmg after all encounters :D so im fine with it.
    On the other hand this TLC is set for either coiners or Veteran Drivers, average player wont be able to do it with dmg I get, and thats the main problem , Kixeye should know that minority of players are good drivers and should lower dmg on those TLC to be funny and not real pain on arse as 1 mistake could get you chit loads dmg.
  • NotNigel
    NotNigel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 428
    Ni-Gel said:
    The Qing said:
    Ni-Gel said:

Im perfectly fine with manticores without ceades :D can do it 75 draconian on auto for instant rep or 95 driving for instant rep, same time can do it most tlc for instant rep, gamble got Raid dmg so I can do it for 1hr dmg after all encounters :D so im fine with it.
    On the other hand this TLC is set for either coiners or Veteran Drivers, average player wont be able to do it with dmg I get, and thats the main problem , Kixeye should know that minority of players are good drivers and should lower dmg on those TLC to be funny and not real pain on arse as 1 mistake could get you chit loads dmg.
    I been doing the campaign for 5 hours damage or so. Do you have a YouTube channel or something so I can see how u drive? :)
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Ni-Gel said:
    Ni-Gel said:
    The Qing said:
    Ni-Gel said:

I been doing the campaign for 5 hours damage or so. Do you have a YouTube channel or something so I can see how u drive? :)
    Yes Darek W (click here) , you can find my technique for Manticore driving in one of Assault raids vids. Try to learn it on smaller targets like Draconian convoy 35 that doesnt hurt at all , but its good practice ground :) At least that's what I tell people when they wanna learn one or other driving technique to practice on similar but lowest tier target :D