fleet killing

rainning
rainning
Greenhorn
Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 9
Kix you might have had a lot of crying but to a lot of us fleet killing sprees was one of the best parts to the game.....its a war game right? well thats part of war and pirates..sinking ships. i did it a lot and it got done to me but i never cried to kix i just remembered the alli that did it lol....anyway just know you might not hear it but a lot of us think its fk'd
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 554
    The forums are only a fraction of the active players and the sniping poll hosted here a while ago says:
    1,235 (85%) people voted in favor of removing sniping
    (12%) people voted in favor of keeping sniping.
    31 (2%) people voted neutral/bacon.

An overwhelming majority wanted it gone and are happy it is gone, we aren't going to see it back for a while.
    Sorry to say but the 12% opposition isn't enough to warrant a change.
    Started in 2011, sector 19.
  • rainning
    rainning
    Greenhorn
    i wasnt crying....i just started back after a year and a lot changed and was just voicing my opinion....
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,749
    The forums are only a fraction of the active players and the sniping poll hosted here a while ago says:

An overwhelming majority wanted it gone and are happy it is gone, we aren't going to see it back for a while.
    Of course the people who were supposed removing them are the people who are here complaining. The majority of players do not come here, complain the just play the game and have fun. Kix took the advise from a majority of the minority and took away a big part of the game that has been here since it was released. Everyone in comms is saying that the game is missing something now.   For it to be a vote of people playing the game it should have been sent to every player, not just a small  disgruntled minority of them.
    ahava veshalom
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,386

Its all good ;) tho pve(flts) vs pve(flts) should be enabled ;) but conq(pvp) vs chore(pve)not as conq vs chore r like on god mode. Ppl could say fts(pve) dont stand chance against pve subs, well try em vs bats or hunters or others with sonar/thermal u will be surprised hehe. So chore vs chore , would be ok conq vs conq only ;)

• joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,576
    rainning said:
    Kix you might have had a lot of crying but to a lot of us fleet killing sprees was one of the best parts to the game.....its a war game right? well thats part of war and pirates..sinking ships. i did it a lot and it got done to me but i never cried to kix i just remembered the alli that did it lol....anyway just know you might not hear it but a lot of us think its fk'd
    if you wanna have flt battles go hit someones conq flt with yours more even playing field with more even repair times now stop your crying and move on 
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    edited 11 Dec 2018, 12:26PM
    rainning said:
    i wasnt crying....i just started back after a year and a lot changed and was just voicing my opinion....

No, you were claiming to be voicing the opinion of "a lot of us."  And you had to unnecessarily throw in "it's fck'd."  Over exaggeration, incorrect data and silly language get you the "crying" label.  But.....that's just my opinion.....

You can still battle other player's conqueror fleets....or, is an equal tech batter not to your liking?

" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 11 Dec 2018, 12:58PM
    James Leon said:
    Kix took the advise from a majority of the minority and took away a big part of the game that has been here since it was released. Everyone in comms is saying that the game is missing something now.   For it to be a vote of people playing the game it should have been sent to every player, not just a small  disgruntled minority of them.
    It can go either way.
    If every player was involved, then maybe the opposition could raise to 35% or better. On the other hand, it could tank further and drop to 6%. Personally, I feel like the latter would happen.
    I don't see any of these people in global or sector comms complaining that sniping is gone. Well, I do, but it's nothing that sparks discussion. It's normally mentioned for maybe 6 lines of text between 2 people before the subject is dropped. That's not significant.

The only people I know personally who want the sniping back only want it in certain scenarios, such as using their alt bases to annoy someone. Clearly that is not healthy for the game environment, as it is a tactic that removes any risk from sniping (which was already lowered to an extreme by gluttony usage) Who cares if your lv70 alt gets smashed or a fleet dies in it? Just log out and play on your main while it reps. Very cheap tactic.
  • rainning
    rainning
    Greenhorn
    rainning said:

No, you were claiming to be voicing the opinion of "a lot of us."  And you had to unnecessarily throw in "it's fck'd."  Over exaggeration, incorrect data and silly language get you the "crying" label.  But.....that's just my opinion.....

You can still battle other player's conqueror fleets....or, is an equal tech batter not to your liking?

rainning said:

say im crying i dont care and i said MY opinion NOT everyones
  • rainning
    rainning
    Greenhorn
    rainning said:
    a lot of us refers to my friends
  • Slayer Hunter
    Slayer Hunter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 5
    Long live the resurgence of memorials!
  • RABBIT1
    RABBIT1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,192

Of course the people who were supposed removing them are the people who are here complaining. The majority of players do not come here, complain the just play the game and have fun. Kix took the advise from a majority of the minority and took away a big part of the game that has been here since it was released. Everyone in comms is saying that the game is missing something now.   For it to be a vote of people playing the game it should have been sent to every player, not just a small  disgruntled minority of them.
    Well as has already been pointed out, there is absolutely nothing stopping the players moaning in comms, from taking their PvP fleet out and attacking another PvP fleet. But of course the majority will not do that, because they run the risk of getting their shiny PvP fleet scratched or god forbid even sunk.
    What the complaining players actually mean, is they cannot go out and obliterate a PvE fleet for zero damage. 
    Its the classic argument of the play ground bully.  
    What me cynical, no, never, maybe!!, well I have been playing kix games for over 3 years.
    Remember its just a game, your life doesn't rely on you being the best.
    Sectors visited :- Who cares, been to some killed some stuff moved on.
    Hulls :- Yep got some and some have guns and stuff
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,749
    James Leon said:
    Kix took the advise from a majority of the minority and took away a big part of the game that has been here since it was released. Everyone in comms is saying that the game is missing something now.   For it to be a vote of people playing the game it should have been sent to every player, not just a small  disgruntled minority of them.
    It can go either way.
    If every player was involved, then maybe the opposition could raise to 35% or better. On the other hand, it could tank further and drop to 6%. Personally, I feel like the latter would happen.
    I don't see any of these people in global or sector comms complaining that sniping is gone. Well, I do, but it's nothing that sparks discussion. It's normally mentioned for maybe 6 lines of text between 2 people before the subject is dropped. That's not significant.

The only people I know personally who want the sniping back only want it in certain scenarios, such as using their alt bases to annoy someone. Clearly that is not healthy for the game environment, as it is a tactic that removes any risk from sniping (which was already lowered to an extreme by gluttony usage) Who cares if your lv70 alt gets smashed or a fleet dies in it? Just log out and play on your main while it reps. Very cheap tactic.
    When i see people talking about it it is in the  way of saying they are just disappointed that a part of the game was taken away and that most of the people did not snipe. My experience is that I had only one or two fleets sniped in a couple of years so I might be detached from what others was experiencing. Although I have always played that an fleet taken out of the base had a possibility to be sunk and that is just the way it is.
     Maybe  the ability to make alternate bases should be looked into as too much of a benefit to the person?   Regardless it is what is and th ecomm people who were sniping and calling others crybabies now know how the shoes fit.
    ahava veshalom
  • SSQUID
    SSQUID
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,227
    mercy closing ?
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,870
    rainning said:
    If you just started playing again after a year then saying that many feel the same as you is just talking out of your ...
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,844
    rainning said:
    Just curious @rainning(tears)- how many times did players you sniped "voice their opinion" only to be told they were "crying" - how many times did you brag that you were getting hate mail from cryers, who were just "voicing their opinion"? 

For years anti-snipers complained and were called whiners and criers, now the shoe is on the other foot and ex-snipers can't seem to handle being called whiners and criers for doing the EXACT same thing - coming to forums to "voice their opinion".

FWIW - I used to love sniping, but the game changed so I changed with it. That doesn't mean if things changed back I wouldn't be dropping chore fleets left and right, it just means I play the game in front of me. But those that can't seem to get over the end of sniping, its just sad - many of you have become exactly what fueled your own sniping.
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • jarrodskufca832
    jarrodskufca832
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 90
    edited 11 Dec 2018, 7:08PM
    rainning said:
    They are probably never going to change it back.
  • jarrodskufca832
    jarrodskufca832
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 90
    i mean they might, but it's unlikely.
  • rainning
    rainning
    Greenhorn
    look this is my first and only post ever on the subject. im not crying im just saying it was a big part of the game to me and A LOT OF MY FRIENDS...not everyone..i know i know "assimilate" cant someone voice a dang opinion without having to hear the BS? i mean like i said is this a pirate/war game? sinking ships is part of naval war. i just said to kix i think they messed up.  i bet most of you whin when you keep dying in a game like counter strike...what their should no sniping in it? lol its funny how upset people seem to get this days over an opinion...my opinion dont mean crap to kix so why should it to you....doesnt mean they are up and going to change it back over me. just felt like saying it..i see all theses other opinions and dont down you for them. maybe more of you should understand if you want to play a game play it like it is like i do. dont play a naval war game if you cant take getting ships sunk.
  • rainning
    rainning
    Greenhorn
    one more thing and im done.. there wasnt half as many ships back then...seems they are so many ships today it would be more fun because you never know who might win.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    rainning said:
    rainning said:

rainning said:

say im crying i dont care and i said MY opinion NOT everyones

I used your exact words, mate...."but a lot of us think its fk'd."  Not much room for argument.

" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,418
    rainning said:
    look this is my first and only post ever on the subject. im not crying im just saying it was a big part of the game to me and A LOT OF MY FRIENDS...not everyone..i know i know "assimilate" cant someone voice a dang opinion without having to hear the BS? i mean like i said is this a pirate/war game? sinking ships is part of naval war. i just said to kix i think they messed up.  i bet most of you whin when you keep dying in a game like counter strike...what their should no sniping in it? lol its funny how upset people seem to get this days over an opinion...my opinion dont mean crap to kix so why should it to you....doesnt mean they are up and going to change it back over me. just felt like saying it..i see all theses other opinions and dont down you for them. maybe more of you should understand if you want to play a game play it like it is like i do. dont play a naval war game if you cant take getting ships sunk.
    If you want to sink ships there are plenty in all the chore targets we have. or you could always do the arena. 
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    edited 11 Dec 2018, 11:48PM
    rainning said:

No,  you should understand something. This is a combat game. If it were just about ships getting sunk, it probably wouldn't be the issue. It happens in this game all the time - in map targets, in raids, in campaigns, in base hits.  Sniping isn't combat as one side doesn't have the ability to fight back.  You may miss is, but as you can tell from the responses you received, you are in the minority on this. 
  • shadowfighter BOM
    shadowfighter BOM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 277
    quit whining already. sniping is gone and will stay gone. most players wanted it gone and in truth it needed to be gone. with repair times as they are on fleets sniping was to hard on most players game. 
  • thunderstruck
    thunderstruck
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 188

• SOD5 k
    SOD5 k
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 31
    personally in not for or against sniping, never did it my self and was never bothered about getting hit, but the biggest thing i wont miss is all the mouthing from said snipers, the gloating, bragging, threatening etc. Now to me that is why sniping is gone and will stay gone.
    So if you miss sniping, get you PvP fleet out and start hitting PvP fleet or find another game you can have a one sided experience with.
  • XVIII-Luna
    XVIII-Luna
    Skilled Warrior
    rainning said:
    one more thing and im done.. there wasnt half as many ships back then...seems they are so many ships today it would be more fun because you never know who might win.
    It is obvious who will win when you show up with gluttony fleets or fangs vs the average chore fleet which has no thermal. Sniper always had an advantage. If you want to go way back to when subs were introduced; preds and longships with research torps could wipe any fleet like it was nothing.
    Even after we got more and more extreme solutions to sub fleets (thermal, concussive defense) they were still a problem. Hawks were rampant despite the fact that the most used fleets (v2h+frostburn) were very powerful sub killers during their lifespan.