Invincible Bases??

Phillip Mozingo
Phillip Mozingo
Greenhorn
Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 16
So with the changes this week, I am unable to defeat ANY base. Before this week I had two fleets that could walk through most bases my level or below but now I am totally out of the game. Nice job kix! After all the money spent and the hours of waiting for refits and builds to complete, you decide to just march in and erase all of our work. You just screwed yourself in my opinion.
Pappy
  • AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,611

Uh buddy, did you not get the memo that if you built all of those T7 ships you would get lots of 7 day tokens to refit them with?

Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • Phillip Mozingo
    Phillip Mozingo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 16
    Uh yes but I only got to tier 6. Most are tier 5. I have to work for a living.
    Pappy
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@Phillip Mozingo said:
    So with the changes this week, I am unable to defeat ANY base. Before this week I had two fleets that could walk through most bases my level or below but now I am totally out of the game. Nice job kix! After all the money spent and the hours of waiting for refits and builds to complete, you decide to just march in and erase all of our work. You just screwed yourself in my opinion.

Awwwwwwwwww. Your Base Walkers stubbed their toe. What if I told you that NO Fleet should be able to walk EVERY Base, and NO Base should be able to stop EVERY Fleet. They addressed a MAJOR I'm balance in the game.

Lighten up, Francis

• Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106

Don't be a whiner, everyone is in the same situation.  You have plenty of tokens now to refit your ships.  Figure it out and use them instead of being a.......
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,475

@Phillip Mozingo said:

I don’t know what the issue is. I’m able to walk the same bases I hit before the update with no noticeable change. Maybe, just maybe, it’s the driver that’s the problem?

• James Frazer
    James Frazer
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,227
    Base hitting takes talent again, which I'm all for.

My T7 Conq fleet now sometimes need a prep fleet to go in first, or maybe an XL Pinch missile to give me a little bit of an edge.

I'm welcoming back tactics to the game, instead of "Click to the back and win" gameplay. 
    Name: The_Predator

Alliance: The Road Crew

http://www.youtube.com/user/SparrowHawky/videos <- My youtube channel  

Trogar: "Your base sounds like a Missile Baser's dream. Hopefully James Frazer isn't anywhere near you...." 
    Ascension: "As I posted on your YouTube page, you're the number one reason I keep two flak turrets on my base."
  • Shaun Johnson
    Shaun Johnson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 41
    My third base and third fleet that got sunk because I couldn't kill a single turret. even bases who crap defenses are killing me but I can't touch them. 3rd day of this crap. Total of 7 fleet sunk due to this glitch or what the heck it is. I'm done hitting bases as well as coining til this is resolved. Raid is crap due to repair vs points ratio even at 1/2 repair times, its insane. Don't use your fangs. Bs they said to use. first day sunk after one boat. They need to do a maintenance to fix this problem. It's only getting worse. 
  • Seasick-Nick
    Seasick-Nick
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 393
    The biggest change I've noticed is that Sloths now seem to do **** all damage to anything.

Repeat after me - T U R R E T S. Now stop calling them TURRENTS you idiot.
  • James Frazer
    James Frazer
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,227
    The biggest change I've noticed is that Sloths now seem to do **** all damage to anything.

Assault Mortars, back of the defending fleet - Watch the mortar damage and endless stream overwhelm countermeasures
    Name: The_Predator

Alliance: The Road Crew

http://www.youtube.com/user/SparrowHawky/videos <- My youtube channel  

Trogar: "Your base sounds like a Missile Baser's dream. Hopefully James Frazer isn't anywhere near you...." 
    Ascension: "As I posted on your YouTube page, you're the number one reason I keep two flak turrets on my base."
  • Rick_E892
    Rick_E892
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 110
    interesting to see some are not having issues,  I also could not kill a single turret yet my fleets die quickly,  we tested a few bases last night as players watched,  some bases can be killed others not a scratch,  hope they fix this, or there will be a lot of people bailing on the game yet again .  might as well downsize to 1 world and 5 sectors at this rate  
  • Capt_Cool3
    Capt_Cool3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 8
    Lower levels (like me) can't even do the daily campaigns now because we can't kill the turrets - I have a tier 7 manticore fleet (which Kix gave me when I stopped but then restarted playing) - but now they don't even work on like, a level 50 base!!!  KIX NEEDS TO FIX THIS 

• stuzl873213
    stuzl873213
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 290
    Try using Breachers, those that have hit my base have walked it

• The Amazing Jeff
    The Amazing Jeff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 932
    There is a couple of vids out there atm that appears to show an invincibility glitch (low level turrets - like level 2 or 3 - not taking any damage, Warehouses completely untouched after 8 salvos from a couple of WDs).

no official response to that thread yet.
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,725

@Phillip Mozingo said:
    Uh yes but I only got to tier 6. Most are tier 5. I have to work for a living.

Yeeeaaah, see, here's the thing. I also work for a living on top of being a college student and having about five other games I put before this one and I STILL have a T7 conqueror fleet I used one T6 conqueror (ship, not fleet. One Pride) and no coin to get.

I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • Shaun Johnson
    Shaun Johnson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 41
    I tried sending a ticket but not able. But I'll try again after this even and see if it had anything to do with it. IDK. guess we will see.