VC Mod
Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,123
Discuss the November Downtime here! 
Release notes are found here
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,123
    So, we finally get a Harvester to use. This thing is like a 'weaker' Dreadnought, when you compare it to the Behemoth. 
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,219
    No umbra carrier? Nothing mentioned on tyrant nerf?
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,912
    Gary P said:
    No umbra carrier? Nothing mentioned on tyrant nerf?
    comes January i think
    Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • fatcoiner
    fatcoiner
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 372

They forgot to nerf the tyrant. As far as im concerned everybody liked the change, only a few brainless coiners disagreed. I guess this proves kix only listens to coiners. How hard is it to nerf an obviously broken ship? We have to go another month with this bull, or until kix decides to nerf it. How hard is it to restrict scourge fuel to tormentor, how hard is it to reduce bonus range.

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934
    edited 21 Nov 2018, 6:40PM
    Good to see a more defensible jumpship. I also hope the new Behemoth specials are viable to fit on the Behemoth, mass wise, and dont weigh more than a full wraith cruiser :P
  • VVulty
    VVulty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 97

So the question now is: do the event fleets have resistance to the blight damage?

• santidns
    santidns
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 26
    VVulty said:

So the question now is: do the event fleets have resistance to the blight damage?

They had already a 40% Blight damage resistance.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 595
    VVulty said:

it depends on the ship , 

as of right now , NPC Umbra ship are the same as ours.
    that means that if the NPC is using a MK3 Umbra hull , it will have 20% blight resistance

if it's a MK5/6 Umbra hull , it will have 40% resistance.

NPC altairian ( oligarch ) are not using the same ships , so they don't carry the 50% alien resistance.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd

it depends on the ship , 

depends on how kixeye codes them and if we meet the threshold of coin spent so they dont get buffed

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 728
    Question on NEW Fleet Commanders:

If you get the Commander to the highest level using PVE targets, can you then reassign that commander into a FVF fleet without penalty?

Can you ensure that you will not be able to BUY the experience with coins... must be in battles?

Does basing count towards experience and does the bonus get applied whilst basing?

SEAL Corps1   CS Dade Murphy
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Question on NEW Refit Structure:

Does this also apply to refitting of Shields, ie going from Spectral 2 to 3 or going from Spectral Shell to Deflector Shell

Does this apply to Armour?

Does this apply to specials?
  • Shadow Wraith
    Shadow Wraith
    VEGA Game Team
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 89

Does this also apply to refitting of Shields, ie going from Spectral 2 to 3 or going from Spectral Shell to Deflector Shell

With the current mechanics, you can level up your Fleet Commander and re-assign them to different fleets without any penalty. You retain your Fleet Commander level. 

Right now there is no possible way to 'purchase' XP for Fleet Commanders. Blitzing Fleets doesn't earn you bonus XP either, you only get Fleet Commander XP from the first battle to a Blitz Fleet, not from selecting the Blitz option. 

You can currently earn Fleet Commander XP from FvF battles and PVE Outpost battles, not from PVP Basing. 

Refit Mechanics apply to all items and applies in both cases (when swapping as well as when upgrading) 

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    does it apply if a instant credit is equipped  I,E xeno armored hold then switched to something else.

is it for only items in same slot? weapon to weapon?
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain

With the current mechanics, you can level up your Fleet Commander and re-assign them to different fleets without any penalty. You retain your Fleet Commander level. 

Right now there is no possible way to 'purchase' XP for Fleet Commanders. Blitzing Fleets doesn't earn you bonus XP either, you only get Fleet Commander XP from the first battle to a Blitz Fleet, not from selecting the Blitz option. 

You can currently earn Fleet Commander XP from FvF battles and PVE Outpost battles, not from PVP Basing. 

Refit Mechanics apply to all items and applies in both cases (when swapping as well as when upgrading) 

Quick Query.... You can currently earn Fleet Commander XP from FvF battles and PVE Outpost battles, not from PVP Basing. 

does this mean hitting say the purgatory fleets will not give experience for fleet commanders, only from PVE outposts
  • Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 252

why bringing back AXIS, was looking forward to the umbra carrier for xmas :(

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,595
    In response to this thread regarding Refit Changes(https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/749128)

Will the equipment fit time reduction apply to already-applied Credits on ships? If that is so, remember it is exploitable...
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    In response to this thread regarding Refit Changes(https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/749128)

Will the equipment fit time reduction apply to already-applied Credits on ships? If that is so, remember it is exploitable...
    if you had read the whole of this post you would have seen that the same question was asked 3 hour earlier
  • Mabari
    Mabari
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 276

Disappointed to see no tyrant nerf. Long live endless destroyer fleets.

• fatcoiner
    fatcoiner
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 372

The harvester is gonna need a good buff in order to stand up to umbra. Topgear told us all publicly it dies to anything umbra. False advertisment. I hope youre not gonna try and sell these things. The only use it has is a jump ship, which can somewhat defend itself. The 360 degree arc can be used to run away and get a little more damage. If it doesnt have a range buff its even more useless as battleships outrange it except squadrons. Please consider buffing this thing, as even your testers say its useless. Again i hope youre not gonna be selling these.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    edited 22 Nov 2018, 4:31PM
    if it cant turn [or turn sped so low it may as well not be able to] 360 firing arc won't matter.

it will be a grind target in Dec event, probably bought with a lot of points.

oh blitz targets, so if bought with points, then yes you can buy it by spending money, unless they clarify this.
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 594

Question - It says the first Fleet Commander available is Sybil. How does one go about acquiring her, as I do not see her available anywhere.

(Death Metal Playing In The Background)
    War Commander: Level 43
    Vega Conflict: Level 65
    Battle Pirates: Who cares?

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,595

Question - It says the first Fleet Commander available is Sybil. How does one go about acquiring her, as I do not see her available anywhere.

Will not be available until Minimum Version is enforced across ALL platforms.
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Necromancer of Ashes
    Necromancer of Ashes
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 438

Am curious on if there is a safeguard on people not exploiting commanders by attacking people of the same alliance. Also, will there be a max on how good a commander can get?

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain

Am curious on if there is a safeguard on people not exploiting commanders by attacking people of the same alliance. Also, will there be a max on how good a commander can get?

before every battle you will see how much EXP you will earn, they will max out what level who knows.... but they do seem to like the number 10
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    fatcoiner said:

The harvester is gonna need a good buff in order to stand up to umbra. Topgear told us all publicly it dies to anything umbra. False advertisment. I hope youre not gonna try and sell these things. The only use it has is a jump ship, which can somewhat defend itself. The 360 degree arc can be used to run away and get a little more damage. If it doesnt have a range buff its even more useless as battleships outrange it except squadrons. Please consider buffing this thing, as even your testers say its useless. Again i hope youre not gonna be selling these.

Well it IS a jumpship. Its not an easy to get alternative to the Behemoth.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd

they are selling it via blitz fleets, which oddly very oddly enough they just massively reduced the point pay out of
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides

they are selling it via blitz fleets, which oddly very oddly enough they just massively reduced the point pay out of
    How is that relevant? They have introduced new tech through blitz only before. And as already mentioned on discord, there will be other ways to get it down the line. But it wont be an everfarm like the T7 combat Dreadnoughts are.

Anyone expecting to be handed a Behemoth equivalent practically for free (for much less effort) will hope in vain. Because doing so would make the Behemoth, and the others of its kind coming in the following seasons, redundant. Nobody would engage in this new kind of "progression" that they intend for these everfarm behemoths to be. Farms intended to be a far off goal for people to progress to little by little when they have nothing better to do. So its power wont be even close to a behemoth equivalent in a combat situation. And the reports from Preview seems to indicate this is the case.

But i suspect it will be far more useful than a Javelin. With or without the sector jump ability of a prophet.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd

Anyone expecting to be handed a Behemoth equivalent practically for free (for much less effort) will hope in vain. 

This is false for the exact reason i gave above I.E blitz fleets.
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    edited 24 Nov 2018, 10:14AM

Anyone expecting to be handed a Behemoth equivalent practically for free (for much less effort) will hope in vain. 

This is false for the exact reason i gave above I.E blitz fleets.
    That blitz fleets are somehow a form of "effort" is your personal opinion. Blitz fleets are the exact opposite. Designed for people to be able to circumvent the effort of farming by paying with coin (real money). If its true that its distributed throug Blitz, i will probably have it after the first couple of hits. Totally handed to me :P

So no its not comparable to the farms of the behemoths where whenever a coin deal drops, the max amount of fragments you can aquire is 500, ever on an account. After you got those 500 the deal will no longer appear for you. The other 500 fragments HAS to be farmed. In a farm designed to last for an entire 6 month season. Ergo you cant bypass the effort of farming the behemoth and its MK levels by opening your wallet and paying. And this has to be repeated for every MK level. If you take all the coin deals then you pay 50$ each MK level, plus the hull, to halve the farming time, you will have paid 50$ * 6 = 300 dollars, and thats just to cut the farming time in HALF. A totally different ballpark
This discussion has been closed.