Post-Skirmish Cycle Discussion

CM Chris
CM Chris
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,741

The Skirmish Cycle is concluding and we’re interested in your feedback on how things went.

We ran this PvE season in a way that attempted to rectify some of the concerns with past seasons. Some parts of this season saw more engagement and worked for us, some things did not, but we’re interested primarily in hearing your thoughts on why this Skirmish Cycle was something you enjoyed or not. So, what did you enjoy? What did you not?

I open the floor for discussion.

KIXEYE Director of Marketing
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Nasty Basstard
    Nasty Basstard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 87
    the Skirmisher events I think went well I do think that I was more worried about the changes and how they were going to effect my game rather than focusing on the events at hand.  I saw quite a few people getting frustrated but if they would have read the forums they would have understood how to build their fleets for the raids. I did appreciate the "heads up" you gave. and it seemed from what I saw you listened to the feed back. so in my opinion it was a success  
  • RUGTACKER
    RUGTACKER
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 6
    One thing that has always been annoying you came out with the proto tides for the Skirmish monthly and I spent weeks building a good fleet then you came out with the Razor and Bat [last minute] so the Proto Tides were usles 
    I CAN NOT SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY ON A GAME!

• Bob of the North
    Bob of the North
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 317

Still a 2 fleet raid, bats better for one S target and razors good for the other S target, just a money grab.

• Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 703
    I have liked this cycle so far, the rapair times don;t really bother me because it gives some flexibility.
    What i mean by that is that i can hit a 104 and a 106 and get around 3 hours repair.
    or, if i have to go to work, i can hit 2 sets for around 6 hours repair, or 3 sets for 9 hours.

If repair times are reduced, we will all be stuck just doing 1 set before we have to repair.

My biggest concern is getting newbies into the raids.
    There need to be stuff in the fM that allows players to build and grind in such a way that by the end of the cycle they have at least a chance of getting the new hull for the next cycle, which currently is impossible.
    It shouldn't need other players prepping, the game design should be well though out enough that a player can rise by themselves.
  • Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 703
    I have liked this cycle so far, the rapair times don;t really bother me because it gives some flexibility.
    What i mean by that is that i can hit a 104 and a 106 and get around 3 hours repair.
    or, if i have to go to work, i can hit 2 sets for around 6 hours repair, or 3 sets for 9 hours.

If repair times are reduced, we will all be stuck just doing 1 set before we have to repair.

My biggest concern is getting newbies into the raids.
    There need to be stuff in the fM that allows players to build and grind in such a way that by the end of the cycle they have at least a chance of getting the new hull for the next cycle, which currently is impossible.
    It shouldn't need other players prepping, the game design should be well though out enough that a player can rise by themselves.
    To elaborate further, let us take the upcoming (January) Siege cycle.

Low level gets Iron Clads/Cannoneers from FM
    They also get the best possible cannon from FM andbest possible Siege related tech.

They build wisely and grind low level targets in January. --> this should enable them to get Buccs/Hydras.

They build wisely and grind mid/low level targets in February  --> this should enable them to get *insert new Siege hull*.
  • Blackknight452
    Blackknight452
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 246
    i liked the targets and found them more fun to do that previous cycles BUT the major issue i had was the fact that our flags MELTED very very quickly this past raid (the first raid of getting to use em without insta building them!!) WE WERE FORCED TO REFIT THEM to be able to do the elite tier successfully and for reasonable repair to do this made many of us extremely annoyed yes we know each raid is upscaled we expect that  but to upscale it so much that it melts a flagship in less that a third of a target is ridiculous once id done the refit i was happy (wasn't happy having to use tokens id saved and coin also to do it though !!!)
    blackknight

• Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 976
    Skirmish means submarines or used to;   so where were they.   Huge fail in my opinion
  • new einstein
    new einstein
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 304
    i had a apexhunter fleet (returning player) which could do the 60,s fairly well without lots of damage.
    BUT the 3 targets took forever to kill .Averaging 9 minutes each.So 30 min per set for about 1 million in points. 2 mil per hour.
    Looking at the prizes and their cost ,well goodbye weekend.
    Its not the repair cost that bothered me ,hunters could do 10 sets before the apex needed repair.
    But to get a decent prize for my lvl i had to get 20 million , that,s 10 hour !!!!! playtime.
    I need the Greta dragon , 40 million, 20 hours .
    all that was in prize list were fangs ( already had it from raid before ,why build them if you have hunters ?) ,tier 5 conquer hull, tier 6 conquers ( have the revenge from 2 years ago) got 2 MsC from bounty .

Simply said. Add some good prizes for low level,returning players , armors,specials etc that are usefull for chore fleets.

i know most are in FM but you go and try to get 2 million points for dragons with punishers and then find out you need 2 million more for the armors and weapon and specials.oh and your dock needs upgrading lol

• Blackknight452
    Blackknight452
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 246
    edited 16 Nov 2018, 10:25PM
    Angus_B said:
    Skirmish means submarines or used to;   so where were they.   Huge fail in my opinion
    hmmm there were subs in the larger targets and skirmish isn't per say meaning just submarines its more about the damage types concussive and explosive not the actual hull type

blackknight

• Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 896
    The first event was great the second event was god awful after you cranked the damage up. I get you need to monetize some aspects of the game but cranking the damage up after only a few hours of a raid is a pretty piss poor way to do it imo. please learn from that mistake last raid
  • X-PHOENIX
    X-PHOENIX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 116
    The last 2 skirmish raids were well managed in time and cost wise. We still need to see the 3rd and the last instalment to give a full verdict. However many players found the going tough cost wise when they didn't have optimized fleets, especially in the 2nd raid. This could be looked at as in some instances not everybody will have all R15 retroed specials or fully skulled/ranked ships or pieces D6-CT armour on them to reduce repair times.

Main contention was your 'additions' made to raid prize pool in the middle of the event. We make a plan for the raid - time and cost, we are willing to incur before the start when your raid briefing come out. All that planning goes out of the window when you introduce additional but very important specials etc. somewhere during the weekend.

This is supposed to be a strategy game and I hope you can maintain that aspect when deciding on December raid prize store.   
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
  • dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 745
    edited 17 Nov 2018, 12:10AM
    CM Chris said:

The Skirmish Cycle is concluding and we’re interested in your feedback on how things went.

We ran this PvE season in a way that attempted to rectify some of the concerns with past seasons. Some parts of this season saw more engagement and worked for us, some things did not, but we’re interested primarily in hearing your thoughts on why this Skirmish Cycle was something you enjoyed or not. So, what did you enjoy? What did you not?

I open the floor for discussion.

Ya if Kix wants to provide rewards for top tier completion, why not make the drops worth while?  I mean, I have 40 predator missiles that I will never use, and 2-3 shards that are basically obsolete because there is no means provided to earn more.  Kix must have a behavioral psychologist adviser  getting the monkeys in operate conditioning trained to push the bar (aka hitting targets) more and more for little to no rewards.   It's insulting to  those of us higher-order primates with fancy brains- knock it off! 

I thought the raid targets were reasonable in terms of damage taken and points earned. I chose the Bats so basically relegated to the 104 targets, so the idea that only one fleet was needed was mostly misleading- why not just have one top tier fleet to do the top tier targets?
  • michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 503
    im not looking forward to seeing the damage in the new top targets
  • no_juego_mas
    no_juego_mas
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 83
    Cycles, like specialized fleets, should DISAPPEAR from the game. Before the players we put imagination and was fun. We attacked with several fleets. Now the game, much more than before, looks like a bank raising money. Where are the fleet simulators? The websites that commented and generated community in Battle Pirates? Many players have left, it is not necessary to repeat it much. And they have left because in addition to tedious, boring raids, they have become very complicated. Except for those who spend a lot of money ... logically.

Los ciclos al igual que las flotas especializadas deberían DESAPARECER del juego. Antes los jugadores le poníamos imaginación y era divertido. Atacábamos con varias flotas. Ahora el juego, mucho más que antes, parece un banco recaudando dinero. Donde están los simuladores de flotas? Las webs que comentaban y generaban comunidad en Battle Pirates? Muchos jugadores se han marchado, no hace falta repetirlo mucho. Y se han marchado por que además de tedioso, aburrido los raid, se han vuelto muy complicados. A excepción de los que gastan mucho dinero....lógicamente.
  • montgomery scott
    montgomery scott
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 189
    I have gotten to the point of not caring about raids anymore. Can't kill lowest level target. Repair time takes too long. Not fun at all.
This discussion has been closed.