Thank you Goldendoodle!!!

michaelg21
michaelg21
Master Tactician
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,154
Thanks very much for the update and the news that the team has in fact heard some of our complaints and concerns!!
Thanks for the tokens, etc!! We appreciate it!
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,154
    Can someone please ask Kixeye to use plain language when talking to us. What exactly is a 70% discount? Are they talking about TIME. Such as a 10 day refit will take 3 days?  Or are they talking about GOLD? They use words in new and creative ways that I just don't get sometimes.   I've never heard of a discount in time.
    This would be coin likely-but time will probably be reduced as well to correspond.
  • SSQUID
    SSQUID
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,227
    i agree the 48 hour window is way to short
    many players will log in and find out they have missed out
    tickets will fly,justified rage quitting will commence
    this needs to be changed to at least one week
    but 2 would be more fair imho
    like what the heck kixeye,for years a few of us have been telling you you are breaking the game 
    and creating a monster,you waited till the breaking point to address it then you want us to rush our end of the fix

knot kool
    knot seine 
    knot fair

and sure i get you dont have to do anything for us (tos)
    i dare you to try it,see how that plays out
    will be amusing
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 737
    Hey folks!

I've passed the feedback about the duration up the chain.

While I'm here, I figure I should add some information about the discount:
    - All Tier 7 hulls, ship weapons, and base turrets have had their resource cost and time to build reduced by 70% for the duration of the discount.
    Thank you for the info :)

Just to check this would include the advanced resources like Titanium when fitting this in the Conqueror's yard?
  • impossibru
    impossibru
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 737
    Hey folks!

- All Tier 7 hulls, ship weapons, and base turrets have had their resource cost and time to build reduced by 70% for the duration of the discount.

Just to check this would include the advanced resources like Titanium when fitting this in the Conqueror's yard?
  • Salt_Water
    Salt_Water
    BP Game Team
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 11
    Hey folks!

It applies to the Titanium cost in the conquest yard as well, yes.
  • MuddyWolf
    MuddyWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 384
    Hey folks!

Salt_Water,

I don't think it is just the duration that is the issue, it is also the timing of the release. This is going to be released 2 days before the Thanksgiving holiday. Everyone knows that this is a major travel holiday for many people. They may have to drive several hundred miles and/or fly out a day or two early so they can spend that day with family and close friends. This has all the appearances that this is obviously being done intentionally with the hopes that many will not be available or have the time to refit everything they need to and take advantage of the tokens before they expire. I may be wrong, but your (kixeyes) reputation of being honest and upfront with the player base speaks for itself.
    “It’s easy for others to lose their focus on quality,” That’s where we are laser-focused.”
    “If users are more engaged, they naturally spend more money.”
    “We don’t throw the ecosystem out of whack. A free player who spends a lot of time in the game has as much chance as a whale who spends a lot of money.”
    “It’s all a balance ecosystem.”
    Will Harbin     [VentureBeat - March 16, 2012]
  • neftaly pineiro
    neftaly pineiro
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 17
    Need to be more the 48 hours refit take lots of res and others like titanium uranium baseparts lots of time to get does items and everyone going to try to get so be real difficult and going to take a lots of hours at leas for 5 days be ok
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106

Since we can only refit 1 ship at a time and 1 turret at a time 48 hours is not enough time. Some turrets are 7 day builds so 70% off is still 2 days(48hours). Very shady deal by Kixeye! Yes I know there are tokens but which ones and how many? The gesture my be a hollow one!

Did you miss the part about the tokens too?
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • RainbowPride
    RainbowPride
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 643
    Hey folks!

so you are saying all my turrets level 5 to 6, and level 8 turrets wont have this discount? my tier 5-6 turret weapons wont have this discount. what about all the specials, armors tactical mods i need to place on my turrets, not to mention the specials, armors i need to place on my ships and tactical mods? a titanium cost reduction of 70% hardly makes anything right if that resource is even being halved it is still fairly hard for most to get titanium in a reasonable amount and with a window as small as 48hrs its just over whelming. i dont own all tier 7 gadgets especialy turret weapons, i do expect even my tier 4-6 turret weapons to get that discount it would be unfair other wise.
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 976
    edited 16 Nov 2018, 9:54PM
    As usual more bull crap from a bull crap company;   just watch the re jigging if not enough income is generated from this bull crap refactor;  mark my words this is just more lies and "smoke and mirrors"

Do not forget to lube up for the update.

NEED PLAYBACK FIXING TO BE ABLE TO SEE WHERE THINGS NEED CHANGING.   UNTIL THEN THIS UPDATE IS MEANINGLESS.
  • RainbowPride
    RainbowPride
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 643
    atleast lift the titanium cost of conquerer ships for that 48hrs window period.
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,475

@Carlos_DaPoof said:
    Bob of BOB22 said:

Since we can only refit 1 ship at a time and 1 turret at a time 48 hours is not enough time. Some turrets are 7 day builds so 70% off is still 2 days(48hours). Very shady deal by Kixeye! Yes I know there are tokens but which ones and how many? The gesture my be a hollow one!

Literally the 2nd to last sentence he acknowledges the tokens.

• Bob of the North
    Bob of the North
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 341

@Carlos_DaPoof said:
    Bob of BOB22 said:

Nope, please re-read my post. "Yes I know there are tokens but which ones and how many?"

• klington
    klington
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 871

Thank u golden doodle..

• warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,953
    wouldn't it make sense to...

do your quick ship refits slow during the 1st 48 hours
    for example..ships that will take 3 days - 70% = a few hours for the first 2 days. get the quick ones out the way using the discount only

then your long refits, example 10 day refits... do those after the 48 hour period with your tokens.

that makes sense to me.
    plan ahead. i am and have and always will.

if everyone could strategise their time the same way.. then maybe you would appreciate we are getting both... the 70% and tokens

utilize the 70% first then when time is up, use the tokens

simple and clever with a little intelligence anyone can see the best way to utilize what kix is offering effectively.
  • Lunar Razor
    Lunar Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,456
    so for anyone complaining about the amount of titanium you need... if you can get it, or can get help from an alli mate, why not stock up now and not use it or all of it before the refactor drops. then a magical thing will happen... you will have titanium to use to refit your conq ships. thats what i plan on doing
  • martha.kuhlman
    martha.kuhlman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    Players need more time than what will be allotted. 48 hours is absolutely a slap in the face. We need a minimum of 7 days. Kixeye is overloading us with too much content and constant changes. Please fix the problems before adding new stuff.
  • piranha007
    piranha007
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 385
    The whole concept of 48 hours is total BS   The majority of players spent alot of coin / real cash and seat time already , this just amounts to more coining , read between the lines, seriously the time line says it all , and you don't need to be a math wiz to figure it out!

• nomad 666
    nomad 666
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 86
    Hello noodle glad you think your up to speed now. Unfortunately your not up to player speed .  Why should players have to do anything  it wasn't our fault . Kixeye bull/chit and greed screwed things up. Each ship/turret should get a token for a free refit which includes all resources needed. Remember we will have a op to upgrade as well   

if they have listened to player feed back then why are build/refit times not being altered. Why are chores not being reduced.

May i suggest to actually get up to true player speed you play as a player does and coin out of your own pocket for a month then you will have a better understanding of player concerns.

Battle pirates is a good game and has loyal players. For some reason though kixs is just pushing players away every day with greed schemes and scams. Confidence in kixs is at a all time low just like the player numbers and i believe the game is on the verge of colapse all through greed.