Discussion Thread - Chrysalis

CM_Burny
CM_Burny
Incursion Leader
Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,481
Rebels,

Please discuss everything regarding Chrysalis here.

Full Briefing
WC & VC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • VVulty
    VVulty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 97
    @CM_Burny Manticore's stats image seems to be copied over all 4 sections

And by the way... We appreciate visualisation efforts, but plain text / tables searchable briefing is pretty useful too )
  • Darkseth1
    Darkseth1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 100
    Very fine work in the chrysalis briefing...
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,912
    Where do EN fragments drop, I see behemoth fragments are added to prize store though.

is there a reason behind ablative 3 and  blight elementals  and elite fragments etc,could not be added?

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Seardluin
    Seardluin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 269
    Does look pretty the Channel briefing.

Although you will need to change the 'Medusa Cruiser' box drop info on the Umbra Hunter 100 and 110 to 'Medusa Destroyer'.
    Sarcasm is implied where you think it is implied.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,264

The Umbra have unveiled their newest weapon: The Manticore Battlecruiser. Destroy their invading forces to get your hands on this new hull! Show Keres and the ISC what the rebels are made of!

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • JohndoLP
    JohndoLP
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 6

In my opinion as a level 60 base
    these lvl 60 umbra fleets are too difficult to do or give to low intel and way to much repair time (50% for one run)
    i liked the umbra anomaly

• chloemiu
    chloemiu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 125
    Please spawn more Helion 110s.
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,595
    edited 1 Nov 2018, 11:27PM
    Dang, all these new targets...
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd

@chloemiu said:
    Please spawn more Helion 110s.

Probably to easy of a target so...

Why do wraiths keep moving into more difficult targets?

Is the whole trickle down effect gone forever basically it seems?

• Shadow Wraith
    Shadow Wraith
    VEGA Game Team
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 89
    Update:
    • Manticore's damage output in all targets have been reduced by 50%
    • Distributed the lvl 100 and 110 Umbra spawns in the event sector (you should see more of those targets, and it shouldn't be isolated to one spawn point)
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Update:
    • Distributed the lvl 100 and 110 Umbra spawns in the event sector (you should see more of those targets, and it shouldn't be isolated to one spawn point)
    Any chance of adding fragments to stores to decrease the grinding aspect an get players engaging in other activities?
    such as ablative 3 fragments are very high demand.

as well as EN blight when it arrives
    a small portion of buy-able  elite fragments [ especially phoenix] would be welcomed addition as well

and  will manticore be getting a unique engine?
  • Shadow Wraith
    Shadow Wraith
    VEGA Game Team
    Joined Sep 2018 Posts: 89
    Can definitely look at adding some fragments to the store. 
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,595
    Can definitely look at adding some fragments to the store. 

What are the chances...
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Yuudachi
    Yuudachi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 10
    where is Umbra Swarm target....;;

• Daz Liverpool
    Daz Liverpool
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 15
    Update:

Yea, nice, AFTER i lost my entire Umbra fleet ffs
  • Steven Parsons
    Steven Parsons
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 99
    umbra 90 depraved are WAY OP. the Ogres deal way too much damage. I haven't seen a single person take less than 25% damage most are taking 50% which means 12+hours of rep from one target that is on average 10 level below the fleet you are using to attack said target.
  • ScooterB1964
    ScooterB1964
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 52
    umbra 90 depraved are WAY OP. the Ogres deal way too much damage. I haven't seen a single person take less than 25% damage most are taking 50% which means 12+hours of rep from one target that is on average 10 level below the fleet you are using to attack said target.
    This is no joke and I swear they buffed them even more sometime today. This morning somehow I hit two Ubmbra 90 Depraved in a row with around 40% damage. I insta repaired one or two midly dagamged ships and had a six hour repair. Came back after six hour repair needing two more 90 Depraved to build my last MkIII Bastion upgrade from the loot and I lost my entire fleet on the very first one I hit! 110s can be killed with a L78 fleet using a Sovereign and a single Bastion but a 90 kills my Sovereign and five Bastions?
    Refusing to make waves is not an indicator of a life well lived. Refusing to make waves is the state that precedes drowning. - Paul Coughlin author
  • jennyzii23
    jennyzii23
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2018 Posts: 2

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934
    edited 3 Nov 2018, 12:20PM
    Level of an encounter isnt everything. What fleet did you use to tackle it and how have you fitted the ships you have in the fleet? Remember that Umbra has damage bonuses VS altairian ships and the shields altairians depend on, so using altairian ships WILL be less efficient than using Umbra ships to tackle these targets. Umbra ships are immune to both the shield damage, shield bypass and the altairian damage bonus. This even if both the altairian and umbra fleets are the same level. So making sure one uses an umbra ship to tank damage will make these targets more efficient.
  • Steven Parsons
    Steven Parsons
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 99
    Level of an encounter isnt everything. What fleet did you use to tackle it and how have you fitted the ships you have in the fleet? Remember that Umbra has damage bonuses VS altairian ships and the shields altairians depend on, so using altairian ships WILL be less efficient than using Umbra ships to tackle these targets. Umbra ships are immune to both the shield damage, shield bypass and the altairian damage bonus. This even if both the altairian and umbra fleets are the same level. So making sure one uses an umbra ship to tank damage will make these targets more efficient.
    MK5 soverign with 5 (Mk2 and Mk3) wraiths equipped with ablative armor, no altarian, Depraved 90's are bullshit.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    the blitz  abyss100s drop  thonian armor not ablative per briefing ?
  • joseph stone0
    joseph stone0
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 94
    I quit playing this garbage 9 monthes ago so i have no idea what most of you peeps are saying LOL!!! WTF thonian? Ablative? Umbra? Meh oh well all jibberish to me
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    edited 4 Nov 2018, 4:51PM
    MK5 soverign with 5 (Mk2 and Mk3) wraiths equipped with ablative armor, no altarian, Depraved 90's are bullshit.
    Depraved contains Manticores. Ships that do a lot of damage but has short range. Use battleships with NET torpedos and they will never get in range.

Heck heres a guy who do them with no NET and just regular Axis Eclipse Enforcers for no damage.

So if you use the right tools for the job then you will have no problem. Not every target is meant to be **** rushed with cruisers. Your complaint is an empty one.

• ScooterB1964
    ScooterB1964
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 52
    RE: My post agreeing with Alethesides. I am actually using a Sovereign and five MKII Wraiths (Not Bastions) so I wanted correct my comment. In my case at least yes I am using Unbra ships and optimizing the stand off firing range of the Sovereign as much as possible while defending the Sov with the Wraiths when ships get in firing range.  Lost another  undamaged L99 complete fleet yesterday trying to get my last Wraith III box but had killed another 90 Depraved earlier iin the day with 40% damage flying the same technique. I used a second fleet to finish off the almost dead Depraved fleet with significant damage but was limited to Bastions.. Thankfully I got 90% of my Wraith III boxes before they moved to the 90 Depraved loot.
    Refusing to make waves is not an indicator of a life well lived. Refusing to make waves is the state that precedes drowning. - Paul Coughlin author
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    RE: My post agreeing with Alethesides. I am actually using a Sovereign and five MKII Wraiths (Not Bastions) so I wanted correct my comment. In my case at least yes I am using Unbra ships and optimizing the stand off firing range of the Sovereign as much as possible while defending the Sov with the Wraiths when ships get in firing range.  Lost another  undamaged L99 complete fleet yesterday trying to get my last Wraith III box but had killed another 90 Depraved earlier iin the day with 40% damage flying the same technique. I used a second fleet to finish off the almost dead Depraved fleet with significant damage but was limited to Bastions.. Thankfully I got 90% of my Wraith III boxes before they moved to the 90 Depraved loot.
    Se my post pre yours. Not every encounter is meant to be done with cruisers. Using battleships with NET torpedoes will let you control the range of those Manticores as they have short range weapons and no stasis resist. I also posted a video as an example where people do them with Axis battleships/carrier for no damage. So you may want to swap out those wraiths for Ogres/paragons or even Enforcers if you want to do them with instant repair. Using wraiths you will need to make sure you manually target with your sovereign and constantly run so the manticore goes down first in every wave minimising the time it has to fire at your wraiths. I recommend battleships though. Less of a hassle, less repair and faster farming.
  • kixeyeuser_486997130_18383_41528
    kixeyeuser_486997130_18383_41528
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 1

What is this about?

This discussion has been closed.