Sector Consolidation: 20 Sectors per World

BattlePirate_BlackShark
BattlePirate_BlackShark
Master Tactician
Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,257
The reduction to 20 sectors per world is WAY to much!

We have a lot of traveling alliances and some are big alliances with 100 members.
With only 20 sectors per world, traveling for big alliances wouldnt make any sense anymore.
Some alliances are traveling to other sectors/worlds to do a raid or a Bounty event.
That would stop after the sector consolidation, because there is a risk for a big ally to be splitted into few groups, if there isnt enough space
in the target-sector.

Next problem: a high density of active bases will create LAG-G-G-G-G (Yes! exactly THAT, LOL!)
Every time, i did jump into a sector with a wave of new playerbases, i had the same experience with a high density of playerbases.
A lot of bubbles on the screen will increase the lag.

Not enough maptargets: With the sector reduction, we will lose 80% (!) from the chore targets: uranium- , titanium- and  baseparttargets + SSRBs!
With that, the leftover maptargets need shorter respawningtimes with NO BREAK cycles like now. They have to spawn permanently around the
leftover SSRBs. And the SSRBs would need a new cooldown timer.

In my opinion, you should try to do a first "step" with reducing the sectors to 50 sectors per world, otherwise you will create a big mess, because
you doesn´t have any experience with doing that.
BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • WatchMan OUR1
    WatchMan OUR1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 595
    Totally agree, I was expecting 50 sectors per world, still having room for a few quieter sectors to find targets etc. now looks like we will all be scrambling for the same targets. 

If it makes doing chores longer because we can't find map targets it helps none of the players, and will only make the situation worse, early days yet, but the spawn rates will need to increase massively. 
    LVL 147

I could agree with you, then we would both be wrong
  • Top598
    Top598
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 587
    Agreed. Time will tell of course but the jump seems too big to be done in one go. If there are any unforeseen issues then its either a rollback or a period of time with player unrest. 100-50 with a review for a few days then 50-20 if it were still necessary, seems like a much safer and player friendly way to do it. Sledgehammer to a nut springs to mind with this approach.
    No tolerance for idiots
  • Mors Pawlit
    Mors Pawlit
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 78
    They should cut the sectors in half (100 to 50) see how it works, if all is good, they can reduce it again. maybe by 1/2 again or come down 10 sectors at a time until the balance is found.  reducing to 20 sectors is too much at once.
  • vince.privett
    vince.privett
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 8
    Wow is all i can say at the moment lol 
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,667
    Reducing it to 20 sectors per world seems like a huge leap into the "cramped" unknown to me.

Where is the space for new/incoming players ? Hmmmmm......and then there's that.

IDK....I think you are over doing it.

50 sectors per world would leave a little room to find a nice quiet corner somewhere. With 20 sectors, that will not be an option.

Anyways.....I hope it works out for all sides. Only time will tell I suppose.

GOOD LUCK !
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166
    Honestly, I was expecting them to do what the did in WC, delete random sectors based on player density and move those with few active players to other sectors. NOT THIS! For chrissake kixeye! 20 sectors per world? I was expecting you to cut 100-200 sectors, NOT 400! Sure there will be more players per sector, but cramming us that closely will make relocation a nightmare! On top of that we're gonna have fewer map targets to go around per sector and chore times will likely skyrocket because we will perpetually be looking for targets to hit.

Seriously kixeye, idk how you can even say you're doing preview testing with this when unless the preview is community wide access, it will be by no means an accurate representation of how it should perform post consolidation.
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• RandySpeedo
    RandySpeedo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 317
    I don't see the issue, it will be a load of fun. Looking at the numbers there will be 20 per world so 100 in total. There are about 15-20k actives in the game (average density 100 per sector), so each sector will have at least some life.

Culling all the map targets and (individually designed) bases should also improve the lag. Only thing they will have to tume imho is the number of special resource targets.
  • dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 701
    edited 30 Oct 2018, 8:44AM
    It's never a good idea to kick people out of their neighborhoods. I mean there is a reason why the term "dislocation" has negative connotations.  I really like my sector and it's a place I have called home for the last two years.  I was just going to take advantage of the gold offer, but will adopt a wait and see attitude.  If I get stuck into a hell hole it won't be worth dealing with this game. 
  • Fred-Flintstone
    Fred-Flintstone
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 8
    My phantom fangs are ready and waiting Sir.............no more searching the seas for fleets to snipe.........thank you Kix for bringing all those fleets together for me. I play to snipe and the day you stop snipping is the day I stop playing and so will lots of others, Until that day let the crying begin, I love to hear you **** moan................................. Kix I will continue to generate some coins for you -----Snipping Rules :) 
    Snipping rules.......................let the **** moan
  • dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 30 Oct 2018, 9:10AM
    spyshaker said:
    My phantom fangs are ready and waiting Sir.............no more searching the seas for fleets to snipe.........thank you Kix for bringing all those fleets together for me. I play to snipe and the day you stop snipping is the day I stop playing and so will lots of others, Until that day let the crying begin, I love to hear you **** moan................................. Kix I will continue to generate some coins for you -----Snipping Rules :) 
    ahhh how sad for you, was mommy and daddy mean to you?  Did they beat you up making you feel you have to take it out on the big bad world.... poor you... boo hoo.   If you're a sniper I hope you enjoy living in a bubble.  Oh and by the way Kix is planning to temporarily suspend snipping chore fleets, so I hope you don't mind hitting well-designed PvP fleets.  Should make life interesting. 
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    spyshaker said:
    Do you know, that the level 80 restriction is only temporary? Its a "band aid" solution. This will end after the refactor.
    And the KIXEYE team is working on a FvF restriction for chore fleets, so only PvP fleets will be able to do FvF in the future.
    Good luck with your Phantom Fangtooths...next year, they will only be good to hit salvagefleets.

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051
    So, I 'm just going to say that I think most of your concerns are generally addressable or unnecessary.
    The reduction to 20 sectors per world is WAY to much!

We have a lot of traveling alliances and some are big alliances with 100 members.
    With only 20 sectors per world, traveling for big alliances wouldnt make any sense anymore.
    Some alliances are traveling to other sectors/worlds to do a raid or a Bounty event.
    That would stop after the sector consolidation, because there is a risk for a big ally to be splitted into few groups, if there isnt enough space
    in the target-sector.

Part of the reason they travel, surely, is that their membership is split up by great distances.  If there is no need for them to travel anymore, well....will they really miss it?  And they can still travel within the 20 sectors in the world.  I think this is going to be not a big deal.  You address a particular concern: splitting the alliance.  I'm going to address that right....now.

Next problem: a high density of active bases will create LAG-G-G-G-G (Yes! exactly THAT, LOL!)
    Every time, i did jump into a sector with a wave of new playerbases, i had the same experience with a high density of playerbases.
    A lot of bubbles on the screen will increase the lag.

Why would a high density of active bases be a problem?  Like, literally the whole reason they are doing this is because the number of active bases is actually really, really low.

Not enough maptargets: With the sector reduction, we will lose 80% (!) from the chore targets: uranium- , titanium- and  baseparttargets + SSRBs!
    With that, the leftover maptargets need shorter respawningtimes with NO BREAK cycles like now. They have to spawn permanently around the
    leftover SSRBs. And the SSRBs would need a new cooldown timer.

This has already been addressed in both Mike's and Chris's posts. They will increase the number of resource targets available.

In my opinion, you should try to do a first "step" with reducing the sectors to 50 sectors per world, otherwise you will create a big mess, because
    you doesn´t have any experience with doing that.
    This is actually a bigger issue.  I think, generally, I agree with you.  HOWEVER I have also seen that the devteam has in the past implemented changes without testing them.  We've all seen that.  If they try to implement one sector collapse and it fails, will they ever get another chance?  Or let's say it works.  What happens if they implement a sector collapse down to 50 sectors and people start to get comfortable in their new sector and they have to do it again because player density is still too low?  You'll get a repeat of many of the (spurious, I think) complaints we're seeing here now.
  • Fred-Flintstone
    Fred-Flintstone
    Greenhorn
    spyshaker said:
    Do you know, that the level 80 restriction is only temporary? Its a "band aid" solution. This will end after the refactor.
    And the KIXEYE team is working on a FvF restriction for chore fleets, so only PvP fleets will be able to do FvF in the future.
    Good luck with your Phantom Fangtooths...next year, they will only be good to hit salvagefleets.
    Learn to read before you speak, as for level 80 restrictions, it never bother me when it was level 50 and will never worry me when they lift the restrictions which I doubt they will do now, my base is open 24/7 if it's bubbled I will happily pop for you if you ask, nothing in there I need as my subs live on the map. in the event that they do die in a battle......well I am sure someone will oblige me with a bubble while they repair.

So you comment is useless to me. Not sure what point you tried to make but you failed

As I said I only log on to snipe and hear player like you cry, my main base was deserted long ago as BP is for coiners or people who have no lives and want to grind for hrs each day hitting the same target which I fail to see where the enjoyment is in that, me I log on for 20mins while I have a coffee in the morning or 30mins at night if I'm bored, no chores to do just pure fun of sinking fleets - after all it's a battle game so why do sooks like you play it if you don't want to battle?????????????????????????????????????? 

Here is my base - does it look like I care about what level can hit me - you wont even take damage since I have no turrets in there ???????????????????????

• myersey
    myersey
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 282
    I see a problem with this already your chart shows sectors like 100, 200 300 400 500 all being moved from the sector they are in, btw I don't think there is a sector 100 now. , starts at 101.
  • BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    spyshaker said:
    spyshaker said:
    Learn to read before you speak, as for level 80 restrictions, it never bother me when it was level 50 and will never worry me when they lift the restrictions which I doubt they will do now, my base is open 24/7 if it's bubbled I will happily pop for you if you ask, nothing in there I need as my subs live on the map. in the event that they do die in a battle......well I am sure someone will oblige me with a bubble while they repair.

So you comment is useless to me. Not sure what point you tried to make but you failed

As I said I only log on to snipe and hear player like you cry, my main base was deserted long ago as BP is for coiners or people who have no lives and want to grind for hrs each day hitting the same target which I fail to see where the enjoyment is in that, me I log on for 20mins while I have a coffee in the morning or 30mins at night if I'm bored, no chores to do just pure fun of sinking fleets - after all it's a battle game so why do sooks like you play it if you don't want to battle?????????????????????????????????????? 

Here is my base - does it look like I care about what level can hit me - you wont even take damage since I have no turrets in there ???????????????????????

OK...slowly for you: Trust me, you doesnt have met people, which can handle snipers.
    After the sector consolidation, there are a lot of them in the leftover sectors...i am one of them...   ;)

• leviniajs491
    leviniajs491
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 30
    You must not have traveled to alpha sector, it goes from sector 1 to 100, beta goes from 101 to 200, gamma  is 201 to 300, delta 301 to 400, and epsilon 401 to 500
  • roy.sheetz.355
    roy.sheetz.355
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 48
    I must say i dont like the only 20 sectors bit. However I honestly don't think there is enough active players to fill the 100 sectors that will make between the 5 worlds. So lets see how it turns out. I know kixeye causes crashes doing the things they have been doing month in and month out for several years. I expect to see a system crash and the game down for several hours when this happens. There is no way they will pull off something like this that they have never done without crashing it.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,414
    spyshaker said:
    Just curious, will you quit when sniping gets turned off?
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,553
    myersey said:
    I see a problem with this already your chart shows sectors like 100, 200 300 400 500 all being moved from the sector they are in, btw I don't think there is a sector 100 now. , starts at 101.
    There are 5 worlds with 100 sectors each currently.

Alpha world is sectors 1-100.
    Beta world is 101-200
    etc.
  • Fred-Flintstone
    Fred-Flintstone
    Greenhorn
    Laredo said:
    spyshaker said:
    Yes and you look up you will see a full answer to your question above in one of my other comments, my main base was deserted long ago as I couldn't find any enjoyment in grinding the same targets time after time. Chores pirates is what BP has become so I gave the game away. I kept this base just to snipe and when that is taken away then I will find another way to waste some time while I have my morning coffee. If the game was fun like the it was 3-5yrs ago then maybe I would come back on my main account but the fun is gone and it's just chores and grinding the same targets day in day out. PvP is done with, bounty was a big mistake and it killed PvP more in my view but I am sure you and others find some enjoyment somewhere in the game so goodluck to you, it's just not for me anymore. Just so you know I was ranked very very high up in the medal leader board for some time once so I am not just a nobody, base hitting is why I played the game originally. Hint hint - I'm on your friends list on my main account and we have pm'd more then once :) 
  • dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    spyshaker said:
    Laredo said:
    spyshaker said:
    Yes and you look up you will see a full answer to your question above in one of my other comments, my main base was deserted long ago as I couldn't find any enjoyment in grinding the same targets time after time. Chores pirates is what BP has become so I gave the game away. I kept this base just to snipe and when that is taken away then I will find another way to waste some time while I have my morning coffee. If the game was fun like the it was 3-5yrs ago then maybe I would come back on my main account but the fun is gone and it's just chores and grinding the same targets day in day out. PvP is done with, bounty was a big mistake and it killed PvP more in my view but I am sure you and others find some enjoyment somewhere in the game so goodluck to you, it's just not for me anymore. Just so you know I was ranked very very high up in the medal leader board for some time once so I am not just a nobody, base hitting is why I played the game originally. Hint hint - I'm on your friends list on my main account and we have pm'd more then once :) 
    You are actually a very interesting player.  Hope it all works out for you wherever you land mate. 
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,723
    spyshaker said:
    spyshaker said:

Because you are a failure at the game and the only thing you can do is snipe fleets shows that players like yourself aren't going to be taken seriously. If/when they turn off sniping of chore fleets YOU will be the one crying. Since you can't play the game the way it was meant to be played-just what will you do then? Try to think our your answer a bit rather than try insults-they are a waste of time.
  • Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 227
    reducing to 5 times less sectors is admiting that game activity is 5 times lower then before. 
    however its not a direct admition and thats a problem because  first thing to solve a problem is knowing its there and defining it well.
    the poll about what players dislike in the game is a positive thing BUT ONLY if kix will fix ALL 4 main issues (repair time, build time, contentoverload, chores). if they only fix one or none (lol) it will not help.
  • AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,598
    I still think 20 sectors a world is too claustrophobic. One one head, yeah all sectors will be buzzing, on the other that just means many things, including the fact that it will be much more difficult for big alliances to move to the same sector and that players who might want to take a vacation in a less active sector will no longer be able to. The number on the top-right doesn't tell anything but the amount of people online right now. The number of active people, who just happen to not be online right now, is definitively larger than that number. I think a good balance would be to have an two active sectors for every one quiet one. We expected changes, yes, but nothing this drastic.
    Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • SandmanHX
    SandmanHX
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 20
    I haven't jumped in a lot of years but I can remember when you couldn't jump to someone because there was no room to jump to the sector. It will happen again and probably worse if they shove more people into a sector.

• dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    SandmanHX said:
    I haven't jumped in a lot of years but I can remember when you couldn't jump to someone because there was no room to jump to the sector. It will happen again and probably worse if they shove more people into a sector.

ya, I remember that too, you tried to jump to your alliance mates but would end up quite a few harbors out of the way. 
  • Top598
    Top598
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 587
    spyshaker said:
    Laredo said:
    spyshaker said:
    Just an opinion but I think players who choose to join alliances should expect a greater level of attention from enemy alliances than those who dont. That includes fleet sniping and fleet sniping of chore fleets (as sucky as that is). "Casualties Of War" if you like. I can understand those players who are now annoyed that FVF might be affected under those circumstances. Its far more likely to me that what it attempting to be addressed with this change is what you and players like you are doing, rather than anything to do with alliance battles.

You can argue the definition of "Battle Pirates" but what you`re doing has nothing to do with battle, pirates, nor battle pirates. You are just recklessly taking your frustration out on the first person you come across. You`ve said you gave the game away and its not for you, yet here you still are. Most adults who have a complaint against a product exercise their consumer rights and walk away. Exercise yours. Cheerio. You wont be missed.

No tolerance for idiots
  • dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    Well, Top, I can remember when sniping was kind of fun, but back in those days repair times were about 1/5 of what they are now.  So after a few hours of repair you were back out on the high seas bubbling away. But now you get sniped and it knocks you out of the game for 16 hours (I don't coin chore fleets except during raids) so, yah, considering the repair times its kinda a [email protected]#k move. 
  • devilsreject971
    devilsreject971
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,172
    Let me start, the very recent re-sizing of icons on the world map has drastically made the map already feel larger. I've had several say as much in sector/world comms in my world last night too. When travelling first was added to the game, there were PLENTY of times where you couldn't get into certain sectors because they were full. That's nothing new or unusual. 

Additionally, while they are saying it will only be 20 sectors per world, who's to say that will actually stay that way? There is very much the possibility that they realize it wont work and expand it back out further. Still, I for one am glad to see them doing something rather than nothing. Tired of seeing hundreds of banned bases or sectors that are dead....