Temporarily Disabling Fleet Sniping

• GrandPaSunshine
    GrandPaSunshine
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,568
    Remove sniping of purely chore fleets
    enough chores as it is.  if you want to snipe fleets go hit a regular fleet and then wait to be flattened.  Cause fleet snipers never have good bases :)
    Just one old man's opinion :)
  • randompirate1
    randompirate1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2018 Posts: 6
    easy fix. make any fleet that doesn't have a pvp hull in it untargetable. people will still be able to snipe pvp fleets to fill their jackass quota.
  • Kihei
    Kihei
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 134
    Simple. Just make it so PVP hulls can only engage other PVP hulls and Mega ships. 

I've never had anyone snipe my fleets, but I know plenty of people who have, and this game is hard enough as it is with having to do X# of chores all the time, but to have someone come along and kill your chore fleet, which is usually roughly a 12 hour repair, simply cuz they wanted to get a good laugh by ruining someone else's day, is just stupid that people are still allowed to do so at this point in the game. 

This isn't the same as it was a few years or so ago when there were no such things as Conqueror ships. Back then, if someone attacked your fleet, it was with a fleet that you most likely had some sort of possible chance of defending yourself against. It wasn't like today where you have people attacking a chore fleet with a fleet of ships that can have between 50-100x the amount of armor for 10-20x less the amount of repair time. This is just ridiculous that this feature is still even implemented.

Example:

Top PVE missile fleet -

Manticores/Missiles -  Max Armor - est. 35,000 - repair time: roughly 12 hours

Top PVP Conqueror missile fleet -

Missile Storm Cruiser - Max Armor - est. 2,335,500 - repair time: 2-4 hours

Hmm, wonder which fleet would win in this battle..?

Why PVP hulls are allowed to attack non-PVP hulls is just absurd. It doesn't matter how things 'used to be'. They're not the same anymore, and the people who want things to be left alone are the bullies who are doing all of the chore fleet attacking with their Conqueror hulls. If the mechanics are there so PVP hulls cannot attack resource fleets or certain level player bases on the map, then the same mechanic can be applied to player fleets on the map, as well. I mean, people have and will leave this game because of this outdated feature. All it has done has allowed people to bully others in this game. If it came down to battles using regular, non-PVP fleets, chore fleets being attacked would be a rarity in this game. 

• leonvdburgh
    leonvdburgh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 648
    To me its totally unfair to use conq fleet gluts included on a totally defenceless chore fleet
  • msdproduct
    msdproduct
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 149
    Laredo said:
    Kixeye_Just Mike has asked me to make this so the community can vote on it.  This will be a 24hr poll.

The team understands that FvF is out of wack and the sniping of fleets with little to no risk to the attacker is a growing part of the game.

In an effort to bring some civility back to the waters of BP the team is thinking about a temporary suspension of sniping until a long term fix is implemented. 

They are interested in your "yes or no" and why you feel that way.
    Perhaps limit it to Conq hulls only
    Youtube- msdproduct image

ANYONE WHO ADDS ME ON THE FORUMS AND SENDS ME COINS WILL GET A SHOUT OUT ON YOUTUBE!!!
    Proud owner of the proto-nemesis. :)Don't believe me? 

TEA PARTY!!!!
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,385
    while we are at it stop people being able to drive defence fleets, raise the free for all to 100, make bubbles last a week, make crying compulsary and offer whambulances to all for free.
    Ive never seen such crap in all my born days, this is a battle game not f&#@ing Candy Crush. 
    Gluts/Fangs/T7Conq vs Ice/Mono/Phoenix/Skys/Hunters/(P)Tides/Bucs/Hydras/Dragons/Mantis/Zelos/Camels isn't a battle and you know it. It takes 0 skill to sink a full fleet of Zelos with even 1 Glut with 1 weapon on it. It would take special skill to lose that battle. 

and AGAIN catering to the whiners... its a battle game plain AND simple. i Get SNIPED, i snipe back.. Dunno what THESE so called CHORE fleets you speak of...
    Those ^ are chore fleets. Kix divided the game into PvE and PvP classes. The 5 that fall under PvE do not stand a chance against ships from the other 2 classes that landed in PvP. That makes it NOT a battle/fight but a simple "I win" for the owner of the overpowered PvP hulls.

There are weight and skill classes and separations in all major games and sports. Because who wants to see Tyson "fight" a 4 year old in a boxing "match". Oh, and Tyson gets a hatchet, just because. That's how absurd and lopsided FvF is when it comes to PvP vs PvE hulls. There is no "build better" or "drive better". It's simply a weight class mismatch. And to exacerbate the problem further, those fleets with no hope of competing in that "battle" have repair times pushing a full day. That's what makes this such a problem. Oh, just spend 5 bucks to repair it? For what? Just so they can get sunk again in a hopeless mismatch?

The last time I had a fleet sniped, that's what I did. Snipe back. I had an expensive fleet in my dock AND on the water at the same time due to lag. And the only ones that really "won" that weekend was Kix in any coins spent repairing fleets. Kix has been pushing restrictions on us for long enough that this one is overdue. The didn't get the balance of the PvE classes right. There is no counter to Skirmish among Siege, Garrison, and Assault.

• bootlegga
    bootlegga
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 133
    edited 25 Oct 2018, 4:35PM
    No, leave it as it is.
    gus.hovey said:
    allways been a part the game sense they first brought out the sub and should remain the same ...   at least if somebody is getting bullied and not geting a chance to play the game because they are allways flat and unable to hit the bullies back they have a chance with subs to even the playing field by costing them with sunk fleets .. pay back a btch sometimes lol   just got to learn if u bully there are other ways to get back at ya  and this should allways remain that way no matter what fleets all fleets are targets for subs .....  

^ This. 

FvF is sometimes the only way for smaller players to hit back against coiners and bullies. Leave it as it is - or make it impossible for guys with level 486 fleets to hit bases under 110-120. 
  • Darren Megson
    Darren Megson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 7
    instead of stopping the sniping and everyone crying about how high repair times are an idea could be to make a repair slot for all 6 classes this way you could repair all 6 fleets same time saving a lot of repair time but i don't think that will happen maybe kix should of just done the dry dock in the first place just my opinion 
  • Arnaldo pirate
    Arnaldo pirate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1
    FvF is big part of this game for tactic and strategy...just have to be well balanced...please fix it thanks.
  • TONGUE-PUNCHING
    TONGUE-PUNCHING
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 222
    No, leave it as it is.
    i voted no but if you introduce FvF fleets like you introduced conq fleets and ban them from hitting anything other than other FvF fleets bit like conqs cant hit fm or cargo would be ok if there was some sort of platform/incentive to use them .... BRING BACK FORSAKEN ARENA  hahaha 

• kixeyeuser_1376504890661_10446_850256907
    kixeyeuser_1376504890661_10446_850256907
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 317
    No, leave it as it is.
    well..when sub ranges out distance most of a surface fleets defenses and detection seems to be left at 78 yeah it can be bumped with modules unless sub cant be detected with old sonar and new torps fire at 88..thermal detection never been increased ...and there is no torp defense other than armor....does it even matter....any weapon that out ranges the other fleets weapons would be unfair also...snipe away i say...everyone that plays has done it and been done to....how many more restrictions is kix gonna put in gamer..next you wont be able to attack except on specific days..geez..hulls restricted,bases restricted,weapons restricted,armor restricted,specials restricted,subs restricted(if any damage on them all other hulls ok to launch if damaged),and on and on...now want to restrict sniping...which is what subs were designed for...
  • dog11
    dog11
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 18
    Here is a concept, instead of disabling F2F how about just disabling the **** chores that keep stacking up and up instead.
  • AcijomymmiJ
    AcijomymmiJ
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 43
    edited 25 Oct 2018, 5:30PM
    No, leave it as it is.
    Fleet sniping for me is not about driving skills , risk versus reward or whatever reason you have that you dont want fleet sniping.

ITS A CHRONO-STRATEGY WAR/BATTLE GAME.

Lmfao , its a strategic wargame , whats the essesnce of this "Battle Pirate" if everyone can now sails Kixeye sea's safely and freely.

Wheres the strategy in war/battle game wherein you cant cut your enemies supply line.
    Its not bullying lmfao , its a strategic move to delay or prevent your enemies from getting stronger or progress by attaking his supplies.
    Making them realise its a mistake , a mess , its a losing war to go up against you.
    Making him spend more coins for repairs ( more profit ) or slow repair it , delaying him or prevent him by running out of time.

In a  war game , battle game , mainly player vs player  , cutting their supply line is a strategic move your trying to remove from the game.
    Where is the majority to build pvp stuff came from?? from chore fleets from raids, fm and tlc , this is where we get the majority of our pvp stuffs from blueprints , tokens and the most basic resources to build it, pve chore fleets is basically and extently involve in pvp stuff so theres no way you can separate pve chore fleets from being involve in pvp stuffs and being attack by it is simply part of it.

Attacking your enemies fleet collecting uranium , titanium and other resources delaying him from his intended builds and research.
      Attacking your enemies fleet for tlc , either it will delay him or he run out of time to get blueprints and tokens.
      Attacking your enemies fleet for fm and raid either it will delay him or he run out of time to get enough points for prizes.

This move will furtherly throw inbalance to the game specifically to pvp  as everyone can now safely gather up their strenght uncontested,
    You can only delay them through repairs via base attack? which will only delay their building or upgrading structure and fleet repair in docks.
     " OKAY  , get everything that you need that you can get , then later lets attack each other bases and conqueror fleet and let our builds decide"
    Wheres the strategy in that ?

• zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 378
    well..when sub ranges out distance most of a surface fleets defenses and detection seems to be left at 78 yeah it can be bumped with modules unless sub cant be detected with old sonar and new torps fire at 88..thermal detection never been increased ...and there is no torp defense other than armor....does it even matter....any weapon that out ranges the other fleets weapons would be unfair also...snipe away i say...everyone that plays has done it and been done to....how many more restrictions is kix gonna put in gamer..next you wont be able to attack except on specific days..geez..hulls restricted,bases restricted,weapons restricted,armor restricted,specials restricted,subs restricted(if any damage on them all other hulls ok to launch if damaged),and on and on...now want to restrict sniping...which is what subs were designed for...
    Look, if it only were subs, i wouldnt mind at all.

However, you are very mistaken by your statement, it's the 12 mill HP fleets designed to crush enemy bases, that will jump your ID fleet, that's dooing your weekly FM, or the manticorefleet that's dooing another TLC that's very strict on time.
    There's no contest in this - nomatter how you drive, or how your fit your weapons. ANY witchdoctor setup will kill ANY other chore fleet, with no exceptions. A single wd is 30 min repair (just to add to injury) whereas a dead ID or manticore fleet can be 20 hours repair time.

IF it were subs OR it was the ghostcrawler (the dreaded sniper of Ye Olde Days) there was a CHANCE of a setup - where you could hide a subkiller in the fleet, that would kill the snipers sub's. And, since SUB's have a very long repair time, this was (kind of) balanced. There was a way of outsmarting a sniper.
    That is NOT the case of sniping with conq hulls. It's just stupid that they can even attack other fleets. (or be used as base defenders).
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,723
    edited 25 Oct 2018, 5:42PM
    There is no doubt that the "chore" fleets have gotten out of hand on repair times. Though in the past some repair times were even worse. Remember the Hellstrikes? Remember the old "repair modifiers" Kix used to put on and still do with the Super Hulls? Still ships like Manticores, Inferno Dragons and a few other hulls the repair time if fully dead can approach 20 hrs and more. There is no fun in this game if you get those sniped by subs. They have ZERO chance against them. This makes no sense to a person who has a short time to play due to work or Real Life things to do. So remove the sniping option if 100% chore fleets. Sniping SHOULD be allowed if the fleet is mixed, guarding a base, etc. Everyone wins in this situation-even the guys that say to leave it. Now the players who are "whales" they don't care anyway-but most  of us dont fall in that category.
  • EJSDS7
    EJSDS7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 73
    If it isn't PvP, dont allow it to be sniped. all the snipers be whining on here. Learn to hit a base instead. 
  • mrfester
    mrfester
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 304
    No, leave it as it is.
    back in the blackwater days, you used to be able to click on a ship n battle and there was a button saying "attack fleet", until the whiners whined and it was removed despite the fact there was a counter for this where you "came out hot" ( for those that don't know,it means go to map and be ready to move as soon as battle has finished), surely the same applies today

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    No, leave it as it is.

@James Russell Tinder Jr said:
    Wow, I've been sniped, I have never sniped unless in retaliation, but it's bull crap that more crybabies are making kix change the game, same as when they made Subs be 100% repaired because of babies crying they were sniped by zombie subs,, who are playing this game, a bunch of 12yr old crybabies? 

You take that back!!!!! It's an insult to a lot of twelve year olds!!!!!!

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    No, leave it as it is.

@Carlos_DaPoof said:
    I think the sniping of chore fleets is unproductive and only promotes ill will
    I voted yes because I think chore fleets should be protected somehow
    However, if the solution removes FvF entirely from the game, then I will change my vote to "No"
    If I can't remove an external guard from a base, there is no point in logging on.

This past weekend I think shows we should not expect the programming expertise to SELECTIVELY disable FvF .

• cobra 01
    cobra 01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 30
    only one saying leave it as it is is snipers they cant hitt a base only snip fleets to be a pain in the azz
  • dnorth
    dnorth
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 2
    Remove sniping of purely chore fleets at least during raids  
  • Supercilious
    Supercilious
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 1
    Its a battle game...leave it alone
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    No, leave it as it is.
    gonna be so funny when same folks crying about sniping have a queue outside any targets they are prepping, then cry because they cant sink these folks.....lol

• jim.lore.31
    jim.lore.31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 103
    Fleet sniping for me is not about driving skills , risk versus reward or whatever reason you have that you dont want fleet sniping.

ITS A CHRONO-STRATEGY WAR/BATTLE GAME.

Lmfao , its a strategic wargame , whats the essesnce of this "Battle Pirate" if everyone can now sails Kixeye sea's safely and freely.

Wheres the strategy in war/battle game wherein you cant cut your enemies supply line.
    Its not bullying lmfao , its a strategic move to delay or prevent your enemies from getting stronger or progress by attaking his supplies.
    Making them realise its a mistake , a mess , its a losing war to go up against you.
    Making him spend more coins for repairs ( more profit ) or slow repair it , delaying him or prevent him by running out of time.

In a  war game , battle game , mainly player vs player  , cutting their supply line is a strategic move your trying to remove from the game.
    Where is the majority to build pvp stuff came from?? from chore fleets from raids, fm and tlc , this is where we get the majority of our pvp stuffs from blueprints , tokens and the most basic resources to build it, pve chore fleets is basically and extently involve in pvp stuff so theres no way you can separate pve chore fleets from being involve in pvp stuffs and being attack by it is simply part of it.

Attacking your enemies fleet collecting uranium , titanium and other resources delaying him from his intended builds and research.
      Attacking your enemies fleet for tlc , either it will delay him or he run out of time to get blueprints and tokens.
      Attacking your enemies fleet for fm and raid either it will delay him or he run out of time to get enough points for prizes.

This move will furtherly throw inbalance to the game specifically to pvp  as everyone can now safely gather up their strenght uncontested,
    You can only delay them through repairs via base attack? which will only delay their building or upgrading structure and fleet repair in docks.
     " OKAY  , get everything that you need that you can get , then later lets attack each other bases and conqueror fleet and let our builds decide"
    Wheres the strategy in that ?

OMG...you contradict yourself so many times in this post im not even going to respond to it. What i will respond to you is with this.......You are hitting a fleet that was NEVER designed as a PvP fleet.  It is specifically designed to do the chores.  Not battle other players ships. You bullies always talk about how its a "battle game" and "we want to play how we want to play" this is the most selfish thing i have ever heard anyone say!  What about the guy who needs to do the chores and wants to play the game HIS way? You arte taking that away from him...for what? a laugh? are infantile need to feel like a "winner"?

And to answer you so called logic when it comes to cutting off the enemies supply line??!?!  What a load of crap!  So...what your saying is that you will always be the bigger gun.  That's great until you realize that there is no end the this war.  During WWII, it was vital for the allies to cut of the Axis supplies to END THE WAR.  What your saying doesn't hold water in this game. All your doing is bullying a lower rated player to feed your own ego. It is as simply as that. Stop trying to justify you bullying another player by saying "get over it...its a battle game" or "learn to build your fleets better" How can the player get any better if you are beating him to the ground all the time??

• Joe Kristen
    Joe Kristen
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 37
    No, leave it as it is.

Just leave it the ones that have a big mouth are the only ones that have to worry about it like the ones in 493 sector

• Cpt_Izno
    Cpt_Izno
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 36
    No, leave it as it is.
    When i passed level 50, some big guy come and always flat my base. I repaired, he keep coming. I couldn't hit his base, was too small then, so the only thing i could do is hiding under Drac bases and snipping his FM fleets. It was my way to payback him and it is still something the lower players can do if they want. Since then i had been snipped a lot of times, i was pissed, but that is the game. Hit repair and go on.

It is a part of the game. Hit everything you can.
    Restrictions to that is what let us here, specific fleets to specific target, etc.

Hit what you want, whenever you want, with whatever you want.

If you don't like it play simcity.
  • CMHN
    CMHN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 231
    I would love it if one cannot snipe pve ships.    I play using the app and cannot defend myself when autoing targets.  I like to do my chores using the app because I can do it while on the go.  Now sniping pvp fleets, that's another story, your already in the hunt and all bets are off at that point, besides pvp hulls have crazy deflections where the pve does not.   Those who are crying to keep it are the ones who cant do anything else but bully other players.  We will see what happens.
    The answers are there if your only willing to look.
  • EvilDave
    EvilDave
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 70
    Bacon
    KILL!
  • starcraft6
    starcraft6
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 25
    No, leave it as it is.

Now my base is just indestructible, I will welcome anyone who wantto hit but when my lvl was low the only thing I can do when someone keep hitting me is sniping his shore fleet to send him a message. So basicly if u want to remove sniping fleet u need to put a system where u can hit a player that have almost the same medal as u.

• ONE-EYE
    ONE-EYE
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 56
    make it +3 and -3 on bases give the little bases a chance , a 120 hitting a 80 or 79 hitting a 50 isn't fare . make the game good for all players
    ONE-i
This discussion has been closed.