ballistic scope request

Lady-Jessica
Lady-Jessica
Master Tactician
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
So all the other scopes are at 9% and bring their respective weapon types to about 117 in range however due to the innate lack of range on cannons the ballistic scope leaves the cannons several range shorter than the rest of the weapons could you boost it to 15% which would bring ballistics to the 117 range as well?
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,036
    That would make it longer range than missiles. Just sayin'. Right now the disparity is 2.54 range iirc. Perhaps it is designed purposefully that way.
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    That would make it longer range than missiles. Just sayin'. Right now the disparity is 2.54 range iirc. Perhaps it is designed purposefully that way.
    Missiles with pen scope is 117, as are rockets with their scope increasing the ballistic scope to 15% would make it 117 as well.
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Uh... clearly I can do the math. Not sure why you're quoting me and restating your op. Won't change the math I posted.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    edited 18 Oct 2018, 6:15AM
    Still the disparity is there and that extra bit of range goes a long way especially when trying to out range turrets or to match the range of the attacker when placed on a defense ship.
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,418
    the forums has gone mad due to having to build the way kix has designed things because we all have to have the same builds, now you want things even more the same. there is no need to keep reducing the choice of strategies in this game its gone too far already.
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • InSidious_66
    InSidious_66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 555
    Range of the Impact Cruiser is 110 already (cannon plus NA2 or CS5 or whatever adds 50 range).
    +9% would make it 119 at least. Just sayin....
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,104
    edited 18 Oct 2018, 4:34PM
    Still the disparity is there and that extra bit of range goes a long way especially when trying to out range turrets or to match the range of the attacker when placed on a defense ship.
    I too find this very disappointing that the game designers let that obvious difference slip through the cracks....ahem.

This is just another of their asinine restrictions....ahem
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Range of the Impact Cruiser is 110 already (cannon plus NA2 or CS5 or whatever adds 50 range).
    +9% would make it 119 at least. Just sayin....
    the total range bonus of the special and the normal 50% special plus impact cruiser is only 129% so 50x2.29=114.5 not 119. To get 119 the special would need to provide a 18% range boost.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    edited 18 Oct 2018, 8:38PM
    All the scopes have the same stats
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Final range is not a stat, so why should they make one scope different from all the rest? 
    The numbers you're citing are really based on specific weapons - for instance, explosive scope + siege rockets does not give a 117 range.

Maybe you should be asking for a longer range ballistic weapon instead?
    " I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Final range is not a stat, so why should they make one scope different from all the rest? 
    The numbers you're citing are really based on specific weapons - for instance, explosive scope + siege rockets does not give a 117 range.

Because they went out of their way to make every new weapon that is equipped to their proper hull have 110 range all around with out the scopes so they should make each weapon have the same range with the scopes.
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Because they went out of their way to make every new weapon that is equipped to their proper hull have 110 range all around with out the scopes so they should make each weapon have the same range with the scopes.
    Do you have some insight the rest of us do not with regard to the thought process of the designers? Just sayin', again, this may be by design... or are you demanding them to conform the game to your ideal again?
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Get right outta here with common sense!
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Do you have some insight the rest of us do not with regard to the thought process of the designers? Just sayin', again, this may be by design... or are you demanding them to conform the game to your ideal again?
    No I'm asking for some consistency.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Is that what they did?
    Designed the weapons around the scope....before the scopes came out, even...
    These designers are amazing...I tell ya!

And...um.....why should they make each weapon have the same range with the scopes?
    Why?

(Sorry, I can't help myself)

• Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Is that what they did?

And...um.....why should they make each weapon have the same range with the scopes?
    Why?

They have the same range with out the scopes because they wanted everything to be even so why shouldn't they be even with the scopes?
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    edited 19 Oct 2018, 1:05PM
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Is that what they did?

Why?

They have the same range with out the scopes because they wanted everything to be even so why shouldn't they be even with the scopes?
    ballistics never were.........

Seriously....what rules do you refer to when coming up with this stuff?
    You seem to advocate for consistency, but ignore it when it doesn't make the game easier for you.
    The scope stats are all consistent
    The range stats on ballistic weapons are all consistent, more so than the other weapon types.
    Ballistic weapons have consistently been shorter ranged than other weapon types.
    The solution to your issue is simple - if the ballistic scope doesn't fit your style, don't use it. You have three others to choose from
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Is that what they did?

Why?

What the heck are you even talking about if you take even 5 seconds to figure out the range of a 50 range cannon on an impact cruiser, a curator or a posidon vanguard with any +50% range special you will see that ballistics do come out to a range of 110 the same range as every other conqueror hull in the game with their appropriate weapon/special combo.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Is that what they did?

Why?

What the heck are you even talking about if you take even 5 seconds to figure out the range of a 50 range cannon on an impact cruiser, a curator or a posidon vanguard with any +50% range special you will see that ballistics do come out to a range of 110 the same range as every other conqueror hull in the game with their appropriate weapon/special combo.
    um...you were the one who said they were shorter.....
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Is that what they did?

Why?

My exact wording was they have the same range until the scope is added then the range for ballistics becomes shorter with the scope compared to others using their own weapon type scope You obviously need to read better.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Is that what they did?

Why?

My exact wording was they have the same range until the scope is added then the range for ballistics becomes shorter with the scope compared to others using their own weapon type scope You obviously need to read better.
    I read just fine.... you seem to be in denial that ballistic weapons have always had the shortest base range of all the weapons since....well, forever.
    It kind of mirrors what happens in the real world.
    You - should - find a different rule book...
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

Is that what they did?

Why?

I read just fine.... you seem to be in denial that ballistic weapons have always had the shortest base range of all the weapons since....well, forever.
    It kind of mirrors what happens in the real world.
    You - should - find a different rule book...
    Doesn't change the fact that they altered those rules when creating the t7 line up of hulls were they made all the ranges uniform so long as you were using the weapons that were built for the hulls.
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    range +9%
    damage - 35%
    weight 15%

she seems very, very needy unfortunately, and no amount of FACTS will satisfy her :(