Needler rocket on Bat Flag

M-Townloco
M-Townloco
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 43
edited 9 Oct 2018, 3:09PM
Has anyone tried using the Needler rockets on the Bat Flag ?  I saw one guy doing it and seemed to work well, think he had hydrodynamic shells as well
  • hvande
    hvande
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 88
    Why would you do that. Razor flag has 300% bonus compared to 63% on bat flag AND on top of that hydro shells reduce it even further. I mean you can, but.. Yes you can. Do it. 
  • david.drake.9678067
    david.drake.9678067
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 804
    hvande said:
    Why would you do that. Razor flag has 300% bonus compared to 63% on bat flag AND on top of that hydro shells reduce it even further. I mean you can, but.. Yes you can. Do it. 
    to kill off some of the incoming torps?
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    The bat hull kills the incoming smart torps. Putting rockets on bats would probably be as bad as putting ripsaw on razors, which I found was really bad.

If you want to kill the subs faster, with bats, then put a garwood2 on each bat. 
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179

@david.drake.9678067 said:
    hvande said:

to kill off some of the incoming torps?

That isn't how that works. Only the Anti-torpedo field affects the Torpedoes.

• Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 702
    The bat hull kills the incoming smart torps. Putting rockets on bats would probably be as bad as putting ripsaw on razors, which I found was really bad.

If you want to kill the subs faster, with bats, then put a garwood2 on each bat. 
    What is it about the Garwood II that kills the subs faster?
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@Joshua Philp said:
    michael.west.750 said:

What is it about the Garwood II that kills the subs faster?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We are Fight Clubbing this.......

• Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 702
    ah rule number one!

i get ya :)
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@Joshua Philp said:
    ah rule number one!

i get ya :)

Yeah. People are saying putting some Gar IIs in is making Bat Ray work better.

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    New fm weapon for bat flag blows this all away.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,553
    Has anyone tried using the Needler rockets on the Bat Flag ?  I saw one guy doing it and seemed to work well, think he had hydrodynamic shells as well
    It was probably a Lockdown vs the Needler. Which has the ability to slow enemy ships. Although I have heard mixed reports about how effective that was.
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,474

@Templar614 said:
    M-Townloco said:

It was probably a Lockdown vs the Needler. Which has the ability to slow enemy ships. Although I have heard mixed reports about how effective that was.

It wasn’t.

• d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@Templar614 said:
    M-Townloco said:

Unless you got a lot of the stuff that helps Reload Rockets doubt it fired fast enough to get Stacks. Doesn't it Stack?

• Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218

@Templar614 said:
    M-Townloco said:

Unless you got a lot of the stuff that helps Reload Rockets doubt it fired fast enough to get Stacks. Doesn't it Stack?

Nope lock down rocket is just a flat you are hit you are now slowed by 75% for 10 seconds refreshing every time you are hit.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord

@Lady-Jessica said:
    d.scott.hewitt said:

@Templar614 said:

M-Townloco said:

Nope lock down rocket is just a flat you are hit you are now slowed by 75% for 10 seconds refreshing every time you are hit.

So then you can probably get the Reload down below ten seconds with the right set up.