people hiding in bubbles

Warlord_syc
Warlord_syc
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2018 Posts: 71
if you have protection and hit another base you lose that protection. please change it so when you hit somebody else's fleet you also lose that bubble. to many people are only willing to engage in attacking another players fleet while they have protection. then they run and hide in their base because there they are protected. either that or make it so you cant hit another players fleet unless you at the same level like it is with bases.
  • frank.aubert.16
    frank.aubert.16
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 114
    ok so someone hits your fleet with a fleet but yet you cry because you cant hit a base?? just keep an eye out for there fleets and sink em when you find them. unless your one of them players who cant do fleet vs. fleet for **** and only have them lvl 80000 baser fleets who only need a point and click. 
  • Gryffon
    Gryffon
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 627
    The bubble thing I 100% agree with you should not be able to snipe fleets from behind a bubble.  Hitting another players fleet should pop your bubble.  This doesn't prevent that pesky lvl gap problem created by the lvl 80 cutoff from sniping you but hopefully that won't be an issue for long.
  • Warlord_syc
    Warlord_syc
    Potential Threat
    i dont care about the gap between levels. what i care about is people being able to hit you while they have protection and nothing you can do about it. if somebody wants to engage in pvp then we should be able to retaliate, and hit them back.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    I don't agree at all. Fleet vs fleet and base attacking are two different things. They chose to fleet vs fleet and you want to retaliate by hitting their base. Why don't you park a fleet under their base and sink anything that comes out? Also, same thing with your bubble dropping if you get into a mega battle. That is ships vs ships and has nothing to do with your base. Your base shouldn't lose the bubble for that either.

The other reason is that base bubbles only last so long. Tomorrow, or even later today, you can go smash the person's base to make yourself feel better.
  • Warlord_syc
    Warlord_syc
    Potential Threat
    Laredo I could do that but wont because i think that is complete BS. Shouldn't be able to hit anybody if they cant hit you back.
  • The_Peanut_Vendor
    The_Peanut_Vendor
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 70
    Laredo said:
    On topic, that is how the game is played.

Real answer, it's funny a level 58 is making this post since they can use their base level to sink the chore fleets of a level 80+ with no worries of getting hit back.

Funny? I don't find the current fvf scenarios funny at all. A good example is the Gluttony's. You can not hit salvages with them to rank yet it's ok to hit another player's fleets. There is a real problem here with fvf and I'm sorry you think this is funny. I honestly would expect more of someone who moderates a forum. 
  • Raven Branwen
    Raven Branwen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 105
    if you have protection and hit another base you lose that protection. please change it so when you hit somebody else's fleet you also lose that bubble. to many people are only willing to engage in attacking another players fleet while they have protection. then they run and hide in their base because there they are protected. either that or make it so you cant hit another players fleet unless you at the same level like it is with bases.
    hell to the no joe, we need that bubble to stop big sharks from hitting us daily.
  • The_Peanut_Vendor
    The_Peanut_Vendor
    Potential Threat
    edited 28 Sep 2018, 12:57AM
    You should choose your words a bit more carefully. I do however understand the frustration as I administrate several forums. One has been running for over 17 years of which 16 of those years I have helped out. To get to the point though pass up the chain the horrible state of fvf in this game. Currently if someone snipes my fleet I click repair and do not play. No sense playing a game if it's not fun.

• Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 7,716

You could learn how to leave hot....

Meep!
  • Raven Branwen
    Raven Branwen
    Minor Nuisance
    Laredo said:

Real answer, it's funny a level 58 is making this post since they can use their base level to sink the chore fleets of a level 80+ with no worries of getting hit back.

hes right you know i do it all the time sink a 100+ players chore fleet when hes busy mouthing off in comms and calling me a shrimp or pee wee player, not a pee wee when i sink thier 16hrs+ chore fleets now am i lol.
  • Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord

BTW @Laredo. I bet you have people trying to snipe you all the time (nothing puts a bigger bullseye on some than being a mod). I'll guess 1) you leave hot and 2) you've sometimes hidden a subhunter in a fleet....

Meep!
  • michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 503
    kix like snipers  they make them money  all there is to it,they will never change hell we all remember when fleet vs fleet was fun lmao now just a joke like 3/4 of the game 
  • Warlord_syc
    Warlord_syc
    Potential Threat
    ok so someone hits your fleet with a fleet but yet you cry because you cant hit a base?? just keep an eye out for there fleets and sink em when you find them. unless your one of them players who cant do fleet vs. fleet for **** and only have them lvl 80000 baser fleets who only need a point and click. 
    Today makes exactly 1 month since i started and my baser fleet is only level 226. when my onslaughts are done building i expect it to be a lot higher. Why just hit somebody's fleet when it is more fun to smash their base so they have to either coin their dock or stop playing until it is repaired. If you sink their fleet they just bring out another one and keep at it. 
  • pineapplexpress
    pineapplexpress
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 48
    Laredo said:

So Loredo agrees ,and i do also.Hit a fleet lose your bubble.
    May you always have a clean shirt ,a clear conscience,and enough coins in your pocket to buy a pint.
  • Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord
    Another funny thing about the "lose the bubble" comment.  I wish I had 10 coins every some big tough pirate "showed" that sniper by flattening his base.  So many times, alli mates and I tried to rocket the dock, drain the WH =, just to have some hero....errr…. moron flatten the sniper and give him 36 more hours of fun.

I know, this looks like I'm supporting dropping the bubble.  I'm not, most snipers don't care what happens to their base.  People got caught pre-phantom days...it just got easy once the phantom was created.  One of the stupidest things that kixeye ever did.

Meep!
  • Warlord_syc
    Warlord_syc
    Potential Threat
    if they make it drop the bubble for hitting a fleet they wont have that 36 hours of protection. I must agree that phantom is one of the worst things kixeye ever did.
  • jack the reaper
    jack the reaper
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 388
    Not sure how u think this would stop a sniper .   I snipe u ,  my bubble pops, u hit my base ,  u give me a bubble.  NOW   I just leave my base dead and use my sniping fleets to snipe u over and over again since u hit my base .  And i laugh and laugh as u hit my dead base over and over again while i sink all ur fleets and force u to repair .    Then when i'm ready to log off I just leave ur last hit/bubble and repair  IF  u can bubble me in the first place   Much better to tempt me with a stalking horse fleet and sink my sniper fleet .  That way I have to take the time/coin and it costs me something to snipe 
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,774
    You should choose your words a bit more carefully. I do however understand the frustration as I administrate several forums. One has been running for over 17 years of which 16 of those years I have helped out. To get to the point though pass up the chain the horrible state of fvf in this game. Currently if someone snipes my fleet I click repair and do not play. No sense playing a game if it's not fun.

That is a good philosophy. If you are going to play a game you accept the rules and agree to play by them. If we do not like the rules of the game we are free and can go elsewhere. 
       Why  does getting a fleet sniped mean that a base bubble should be dropped  after all of these years means it is free time to snipe fleets?  I do not snipe and find it to be a nuisance but it is part of the game and hte chances are that I was going to damage the fleet to begin with. Hit repair and get revenge, snipe them during raids and whenever you see the people out of the bases.  Play back  like the game is designed for and all will have fun.
    ahava veshalom
  • The_Peanut_Vendor
    The_Peanut_Vendor
    Potential Threat
    I can partially agree with what you're saying James with an exception. The game is designed to make money. I will add this as well. A game is only as good as it's player base. A game lives or dies solely based on it's player's base. 

• Raven Branwen
    Raven Branwen
    Minor Nuisance
    Laredo said:

Funny? I don't find the current fvf scenarios funny at all. A good example is the Gluttony's. You can not hit salvages with them to rank yet it's ok to hit another player's fleets. There is a real problem here with fvf and I'm sorry you think this is funny. I honestly would expect more of someone who moderates a forum. 
    you need to read comments in their entireitys not come to a bogus conclusion, and the fact that he moderates the forums bare no meaning to even bring it up in a conversation its not like hes getting paid to do this, you can either get a moderator who doesnt get paid and also plays the game like everyone else, or get a moderator working for kixeye who gets paid and only spouts off what kixeye wants them to spout off, who i would gaurantee give no nevermind to your comment in the very least. i prefer the non paid moderator who brings in his own thoughts of the game. now kindly post your cords so that i may find you and destroy you on a daily basis for wasting our times on the forum with your bigotry.
  • Raven Branwen
    Raven Branwen
    Minor Nuisance
    then leave the game entirely dont even bother coming on to chat with a friend you can do that on any other site, dont waste our times even posting int he forums, besides as you said the games not fun why bother with it? also kindly state wich game youve moderated for 16 years, and your forum name for that game so i can do a little research.
  • Raven Branwen
    Raven Branwen
    Minor Nuisance
    Today makes exactly 1 month since i started and my baser fleet is only level 226. when my onslaughts are done building i expect it to be a lot higher. Why just hit somebody's fleet when it is more fun to smash their base so they have to either coin their dock or stop playing until it is repaired. If you sink their fleet they just bring out another one and keep at it. 
    docks repair in 2 1/2 hrs fleet repair if not a conquerer take roughly 10hrs-24hrs depending ont he armor or weapons chosen to create said fleet. you do the math 2 1/2 hrs or less dock repair or 1-hrs-24hrs fleet repair, hell if they bring out more fleets to get sniped thats adding on more repair. your a terrible tactician
  • Raven Branwen
    Raven Branwen
    Minor Nuisance
    Another funny thing about the "lose the bubble" comment.  I wish I had 10 coins every some big tough pirate "showed" that sniper by flattening his base.  So many times, alli mates and I tried to rocket the dock, drain the WH =, just to have some hero....errr…. moron flatten the sniper and give him 36 more hours of fun.

I know, this looks like I'm supporting dropping the bubble.  I'm not, most snipers don't care what happens to their base.  People got caught pre-phantom days...it just got easy once the phantom was created.  One of the stupidest things that kixeye ever did.

the crazy high deflections conwuerer and defenders have is the stupidest thing theyve ever created, phantom subs were brought to a standstill with the introduction of thermal, and even more so by deflections reaching into the 100ks.
  • Raven Branwen
    Raven Branwen
    Minor Nuisance
    then leave the game entirely dont even bother coming on to chat with a friend you can do that on any other site, dont waste our times even posting int he forums, besides as you said the games not fun why bother with it? also kindly state wich game youve moderated for 16 years, and your forum name for that game so i can do a little research.
    I have openly helped the original game called Unreal which was started in 1998. Several years ago we were fortunate enough to obtain the source code and we continue to patch the game and bring new content. Go visit oldunreal.com if your interested. i am known as Pitbull there. Oh and btw we do it out of a love for the game. The site is paid for by Smirftsch and everyone who is part of the team do so without monetary gain. Have a nice day.

you mean UNREAL TOURNAMENT?
  • The_Peanut_Vendor
    The_Peanut_Vendor
    Potential Threat
    I mean Unreal. Unreal Tournament came later. Seems my post disappeared. At any rate here's a link to our forum.

https://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

• The_Peanut_Vendor
    The_Peanut_Vendor
    Potential Threat
    TheGreatMadaraUchiha

I could have chosen my words better as well. The truth is I had been sniped earlier by someone using Gluts and I was a bit miffed. Then people get on and state the obvious like "learn to fast exit" etc. I happened to be doing the base race camp at the time and I fast exit every time since forever now. Even though I left the map early and had my cursor on the recall fleet option, one of those dam popups still came up (2 in fact) that I had to click away before I could retreat to my base. That's when I got sniped and there is nothing a fleet of Ice Breakers can do to a phantom gluttony fleet. That's why I stop playing at that point and repair. The current state of fvf is so bad and I see no reason some adjustments can't be made. A game is only as good as it's player's that's true but if the developers can help maintain a level of fairness they have a responsibility to do so.