please change the chest prize order!

elitwo
elitwo
Strike-force Captain
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 764
i am very very tired of having to click thru 70 chests before getting to the prize chests - here are 2 pics. as you can see, i have to click thru 73 chests before getting to loot chests. to open all the loot chests I have, I would have to do this 60 times. this is ridiculous.  please fix this. (or give us a button to go the the last chest in the stack

• kixeyeuser_1369552413932_2097_2112272835
    kixeyeuser_1369552413932_2097_2112272835
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 76
    Great Idea!
  • The_Saint73
    The_Saint73
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 188
    Yes please, I would love to see the FM chests first, then the raid loot chests and then the daily chests. 
  • Sleeping Bear
    Sleeping Bear
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 687
    I would be happy with a go to last item button. 
    Sometimes I wonder why CM's are not named Larry. Curly, Moe and Shemp. 
  • Species_8742
    Species_8742
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 362
    asked for this exact thing last raid, kix not listening, seem to prefer we just click on through
  • Skeptical
    Skeptical
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 564
    For the love of God please!  I have 170 of these daily chest to skip before getting to the FM chests.
    Order them to the front or put in a drop down, its really minor UI/UX improvement that would be so helpful to the community.
  • Gryffon
    Gryffon
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 627
    Stop hoarding chests and use them lol.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,979
    Gryffon said:
    Stop hoarding chests and use them lol.
    This.

The request for a reorder/mass open/alternate sorting method has been made several times.

Your choices are either click through, open your hoard, or wait and see if something happens with the method of opening.
  • AerialVictini
    AerialVictini
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 4,610
    IIRC, the Double Trouble chests (same loot as these) were placed in the beginning originally and then for some reason went all the way back to the end. Just get a fast clicker macro and blitz through those chests, works for me.
    Many things can change in 3 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. I think I know what happened here...
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,386
    It's an incredibly user UNfriendly design, but most of BP is. That's why it takes 4 clicks to use the locator for anything, even if you're repeating what you're looking for.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/orphamielautoclicker/

• Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,036
    Can anyone answer why we even have a chest drop? Why not just award a shard upon completion of the target? 
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Can anyone answer why we even have a chest drop? Why not just award a shard upon completion of the target? 
    Because that would be too user/player friendly, and Kix doesn't do user/player friendly.

It's almost as if they have no idea how parts of prints drop from salvages and don't know how to code that again for a limited item. It would be too elegant a solution that would avoid headaches like this.

• Gryffon
    Gryffon
    Strike-force Captain
    My guess would be the way the coding for targets drop is written they can only set a drop percent for 1 prize and not random prizes so they drop the chest which allows for the random prize.  Of course they could just recode it but that is not exactly on top of the list of stuff for the game engineers to do as it is a very minimal problem compared to other things that are happening in game right now.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    Even if the order gets changed, we still have to click open for every single chest. Can there be a way to just open all of them?
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Gryffon said:
    My guess would be the way the coding for targets drop is written they can only set a drop percent for 1 prize and not random prizes so they drop the chest which allows for the random prize.  Of course they could just recode it but that is not exactly on top of the list of stuff for the game engineers to do as it is a very minimal problem compared to other things that are happening in game right now.
    Other targets in the past have dropped random prints and random print parts. They still do. Salvages, Drac Bases, and DUBs all dropped random pieces of prints from a pool. Different levels of salvages even pull from 3 different pools.

They added a chore of clicking just because they wanted to. The only logical reason is they wanted it to annoy the crap out of us so we would open all of our other chests in front of them and stop hoarding them. Not happening here. I'm keeping my rainy day Uranium and Base Parts stash and will either just not open chests at the back or continue to use an autoclicker, which should be well within the ToS for this since it's not providing a series of commands/maneuvers but only clicking in the same spot repeatedly.

• Gryffon
    Gryffon
    Strike-force Captain
    SIF said:
    Gryffon said:
    Other targets in the past have dropped random prints and random print parts. They still do. Salvages, Drac Bases, and DUBs all dropped random pieces of prints from a pool. Different levels of salvages even pull from 3 different pools.

They added a chore of clicking just because they wanted to. The only logical reason is they wanted it to annoy the crap out of us so we would open all of our other chests in front of them and stop hoarding them. Not happening here. I'm keeping my rainy day Uranium and Base Parts stash and will either just not open chests at the back or continue to use an autoclicker, which should be well within the ToS for this since it's not providing a series of commands/maneuvers but only clicking in the same spot repeatedly.
    You are quite possibly correct I forgot about the random drops in those targets.
  • Rup-aaaargh
    Rup-aaaargh
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 43
    all they have to do is allow the left arrow to go from 1 to the last chest or change the order so the newest chests come up first.  seems like an easy change #playersfirst.