EVENT: Thank you KIx !Claim the Blueprint? Get a Free Hull!

michael652
michael652
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 72
edited 8 Sep 2018, 2:34PM
Thank you for saving me a few hrs to getting this hull now to work on getting the others!!!
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,774
     I saw this offer and will surely take advantage of it. does this mean that Kix might be a little nervous about people not redeeming right away to be the first on the block to get them? I think that we have seen the two choice before and that a lot of people had problems with it so I do not know why they would return to it. Next three months is going to be forums saying I built the wrong hull or why do we need two hulls for the raids and is the opposite of simplifying. That is my gripe. Now I also wonder why kix did not offer skirmish tlc in order  to give people an incentive to build a hull  and try out..  
    ahava veshalom
  • scottlohr
    scottlohr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 59
    well   we hav  issuse  hre    on  bp   page it  says  full built   hull   but in forms  it  says   shell    i expect a fully built  hull  since it says that   onthe top of  the  battlepriate  game  and it dose not saya  shell  i took  screen   shot  so i  expct  a fully  bult  hull as it  says 
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,696
    Gryffon said:
    Redeem the Bat Ray or Razortail before the Event and receive a pre-built ship of the claimed blueprint; click HERE for more details.

It says pre-built not fully built.  Take your blank and be happy kixeye saved you 3.5d of building a blank.  Stop being ungrateful and maybe say thank you every once in a while.
    Its all in the wording. To some people Pre can mean early ( as in a early release of the hull ) and to others pre built means prefabricated as in here is a fully built ship. Maybe if kix said pre-built hull instead of pre-built ship, people wouldn't get the impression its a fully built ship.

But then of course if it was a fully built ship there would be complaints about it being a bad build.
    So.  free built hull.  Yay.   Its better than nothing.
  • Susan Connors
    Susan Connors
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 84
    Its a great gesture for the haves to have more but a kick in the teeth for the players like me they have been trying to keep in the game How dose this help people to catch up when top prize is 60 million points a low lvl 80,s base has  lvl 120 plus hitting with 3 witches i have a fleet of skyfires and can just about manage a set of 60,s for 4 hours damage and dont have 24 7 to sit and play this game try rewarding the lower players with a duplicate prize help to get in on an even playing field and help retain players .The amount of stuff being chucked at us is fast and furious and thats great it is enabling me to catch up a little but kix dont fall in the old trap of giving in one hand and taking away with the other
  • Susan Connors
    Susan Connors
    Potential Threat
    the problem with it is that the haves are getting more and the have nots are getting arse fecked again
  • Zeus6927
    Zeus6927
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 800
    I am thinking kix is trying to say is "get it claimed...get it building and we will even help ya.....cos your gonna need this people"

ISH :smile:
  • Zeus6927
    Zeus6927
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 8 Sep 2018, 8:41AM
    Susan getting this hull is very easy even for the have nots  The problem I see is those that are not willing to help themselves do the most complaining.  If a person dont have the tech then gift a person with the tech to help coins and I am sure every sector will have someone genuine  willing to help.

Just my own opinion

• Susan Connors
    Susan Connors
    Potential Threat
    nice fish is that a catfish

• Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 745
    when are we  getting it, after the raid finished or by the end of the raid, it's not very clear to me, pls explain!?
  • Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 703
    Its a great gesture for the haves to have more but a kick in the teeth for the players like me they have been trying to keep in the game How dose this help people to catch up when top prize is 60 million points a low lvl 80,s base has  lvl 120 plus hitting with 3 witches i have a fleet of skyfires and can just about manage a set of 60,s for 4 hours damage and dont have 24 7 to sit and play this game try rewarding the lower players with a duplicate prize help to get in on an even playing field and help retain players .The amount of stuff being chucked at us is fast and furious and thats great it is enabling me to catch up a little but kix dont fall in the old trap of giving in one hand and taking away with the other
    Susan

You might find that points:damage ratio is better if you just keep doing 65s.
  • Adom_M
    Adom_M
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 552
    Alex11111 said:
    when are we  getting it, after the raid finished or by the end of the raid, it's not very clear to me, pls explain!?
    Says within 48 hours after the raid has finished.

Its all very well people complaining that they will not get the free hull because they will not be able to win the hull from the prize list.
    I say its very easy to sit back and complain, but its in your hands to make yourself better, by applying either a lot of time or a little coin.

Even if you have a badly built lowly ranked Manti fleet, you can do the S set two or three (maybe more if willing) times at 10 mill a set thats at least 30 mill per day. Accepting that most of us work, allow two full days plus four days when you can only hit one set, that equals 100 mill points, enough to win you the hull and the weapon and special that goes with it.

There will also be TLC's in the coming weeks to win the hull, and hopefully some build tokens.

I am not being harsh towards anyone, I understand the frustration, I have been there myself, and managed to get myself out of the mire without help, by doing exactly what I have written above.
    If you can get a little help that will make life a lot easier for you, but you can if you want do it alone. 
    Never lose sight that this is a game, its not life and death!!!
  • Zeus6927
    Zeus6927
    Strike-force Captain
    nice fish is that a catfish

Yea Redtailed Catfish caught in Thailand...was able to go there last year on all the money Kixeye has saved me :)

• Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 745
    Adom_M said:
    Alex11111 said:
    Says within 48 hours after the raid has finished.

Its all very well people complaining that they will not get the free hull because they will not be able to win the hull from the prize list.
    I say its very easy to sit back and complain, but its in your hands to make yourself better, by applying either a lot of time or a little coin.

Even if you have a badly built lowly ranked Manti fleet, you can do the S set two or three (maybe more if willing) times at 10 mill a set thats at least 30 mill per day. Accepting that most of us work, allow two full days plus four days when you can only hit one set, that equals 100 mill points, enough to win you the hull and the weapon and special that goes with it.

There will also be TLC's in the coming weeks to win the hull, and hopefully some build tokens.

I am not being harsh towards anyone, I understand the frustration, I have been there myself, and managed to get myself out of the mire without help, by doing exactly what I have written above.
    If you can get a little help that will make life a lot easier for you, but you can if you want do it alone. 
    Oh no, im ok, i'm doing t8 set for 2h of repair time, never had more relaxed weekends with kix. I think, i'm starting to like kix again, when they dont screw up updates every week, of course :-)
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,106
    scottlohr said:
    well   we hav  issuse  hre    on  bp   page it  says  full built   hull   but in forms  it  says   shell    i expect a fully built  hull  since it says that   onthe top of  the  battlepriate  game  and it dose not saya  shell  i took  screen   shot  so i  expct  a fully  bult  hull as it  says 
    just

" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,144
    Remember, they justified this very high price of the new hull by saying it was for "early adopters" and that for the majority of players, waiting until the price dropped to a more reasonable level would be a better plan. Given that, how is this not a 'thank you' to the whales and a 'frak you' to the majority of players?

Sure -- if you have a somewhat decent manti fleet, you can grind-grind-grind your why thru the 60-level targets and after several days of grinding earn enough points to get a hull that will cheaper next week -- how does that make any sense at all?

There are a lot of good prizes in this raid -- if I had 60 million points, should I spend them on an over-priced hull that is going to be cheaper next week or should I spend it on tech that will probably NOT be available next week? Common players have to choose getting tech while they can. Over and over and over, KX has proven that if you don't get it now, it won't be available again until it's obsolete. 

So yeah, this is unfair to the majority of players who aren't "early adopters". The most pragmatic and efficient choice for most players is to get the other tech while it's available and wait until the over-priced hull becomes available at more reasonable rates. 

Giveaways and freebies should be more common in the game -- it builds player morale and creates something to look forward to, if it happens often enough. But freebies that only benefit the top-tier players are wrong and just server to further irritate the masses. 

The same thing can be said of those special skins that will be given to the top 3 finishers -- prizes for the elite, cake for the masses. 

The thing is, it doesn't take much to make someone happy with a prize. Even a prize chest would give a boost to the winner. 

What's wrong with some sort of small award to the top 3 finishers in each sector? Spread the benefits around, stop with all the special rewards going to the top elites. Widening the gap isn't going to save the game. Giving --ALL-- the existing players a reason to keep playing should be the key, #1, top priority. 
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,144
    It's a way of compensating for the extra-high price of getting it in the raid. 

Note that it's an empty shell, no weapons, no specials. You save 3.5 days of build time, that's all. And if they feel the need to give us a jump start on building a full fleet, that's sort of a bad omen about the overall cost of that fleet. 

More realistically, I think raid participation was down, so they dangled an incentive go lure more people into playing. It's a given we can't do the next raid cycle without it -- it's also a given that a lot of people are burnt out and not feeling like the next raid cycle -- at only 3 months -- is going to be worth the effort. 
  • Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 703
    If you choose PVP stuff at the expense of missing out on the Raid hull, then don't expect anyone to wipe your tears next month!
  • Redwall3
    Redwall3
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 35
    i really want to know something, if i unlock both the hulls i will receive one pre-built hull for both? or just one? 
  • Pirate.Pete
    Pirate.Pete
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 136
    Thank you Kixeye.   I appreciate this gift!
  • michael652
    michael652
    Potential Threat
    Redwall3 said:
    i really want to know something, if i unlock both the hulls i will receive one pre-built hull for both? or just one? 
    You can only unlock one this event cycle. 
  • dezy6666
    dezy6666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 106
    Just remember to make sure you have a free space in your dock for it :)
  • michael652
    michael652
    Potential Threat
    edited 8 Sep 2018, 2:32PM
    Please As above we are getting something for free. If you do not want the hull I guess you can scrap it.
  • michael652
    michael652
    Potential Threat
    edited 8 Sep 2018, 2:33PM
    Just remember to make sure you have a free space in your dock for it  I guess this is now a combine thread. 
  • Pirate.Pete
    Pirate.Pete
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 136
    Thank you Kixeye!   This gift is greatly appreciated.    :)
  • warren.fee.3
    warren.fee.3
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,953

Yep thank you. Only need to build 3 sheels before vxp. That 3.5 day means i can add a few more components to those shells as not having to squeeze in a 4th hull bare build time.

It all helps.
    Thank you.