Discuss Bounty 13 in this thread!
KIXEYE Director of Marketing
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • john.harding.79827
    john.harding.79827
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 53
    100% agree with butch all hulls other than WD are useless with out the needed new armor
  • EJSDS7
    EJSDS7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 73
    Get new hulls, build shells and wait for new armor? seems to be the trend....
  • michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 503
    yer i think it will be a case of look for lo lv bases and hope they dont have to many new turrets 

• Nasty Basstard
    Nasty Basstard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 82
    CM Chris said:
    with your unbalancing the game I will not be donating my normal 100.00, I when you wake up let me know.
  • k0odegox
    k0odegox
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 8

Can’t even load in puffin (iOS version) what’s the point

• michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,723
    k0odegox said:

That problem is NOT Kixeye's fault-you might want to complain to apple about that.
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,144
    WT --did-- say that the next couple of events would be to release addi'l hulls so that we now have a strong T7 hull for each weapon category -- 
    • Impact Crzr - Ballistic
    • MSC - Missiles
    • WD - Corrosive
    • Revenant - Concussive
    • Ifrit - Radio
    IMNSHO, that doesn't "balance" anything, but in his mind it's important, so he's sort of sticking to the schedule he told us about. 

The matching armour thing is probably outside his control, most likely an upper level CEO decision, since it sounds like a typical coin-coin move. We've all gone into a spending frenzy to upgrade our bases because we know they're better than they've been in a long time -- and as soon as we get done doing that, they'll release the new armours and, like the sheep we are, we'll go into another spending frenzy refitting the ships we built.

But, as far as balance goes, the pendulum has swung heavily towards the defender, after having favoured the attacker for a long time. Given the basic mechanics of how base PvP works, it's always going to be a swinging pendulum, no way to avoid that. 

Maybe -- and it's a huge maybe -- there is stuff in the work that will adjust the basic mechanics of base hitting that will make it all work correctly -- after we get past these new hulls and weapons. As far as I can tell, he's dropped no hints about what that might be, although the customer base has made lots and lots and lots of suggestions. Whether or not he does something based on customer feedback or goes deeper into coin-coin is anybody's guess. 

If he is planning significant changes, it's going to take several months, the coding department is small and they're doing too much already -- as shown by the way bug counts are not going down. And new stuff coming out that was clearly not well thought out from the player's perspective. 

He did band-aid the PvP level issue -- this is the first Bounty after that change. Even if Bounty rules haven't changed, not being able to "free for all" below level 80 is going to change things, maybe a lot more than we realize. I think that'll be a big win for all those level 79 and below. They'll be able to compete in Bounty, no big kids going to steal their candy. 

I think he's being too secretive about what is coming, but for the most part, he's staying close to what he told us at the beginning. 

• carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,081
    edited 29 Aug 2018, 4:34AM
    CM Chris said:
    I have a question Chris-maybe you can help not only myself but all players. You and Wrong Thinker stated that you were going to "fix" the game and PVP. So far you have NOT fixed the PVP at all. You have brought out new hulls and weapons that you now allow players to have EIGHT of. EIGHT. How would you expect a Missile Storm Cruiser, Onslaught, or any Tier 7 Hull to hit a base anymore? They are now useless if they have installed any of the top Corrosive turrets. We have NO DEFENSE against these weapons, NO ARMOR, nothing. Maybe you can give us a hint when you will start balancing PVP? Maybe when the Armor will be released? This new Hull will MAKE ZERO difference and it will fail against the new turrets as well. Same if a player installs these new turrets. We have no Concussive armor either.  PLEASE Chris-we are all ears for your suggestions on how to attack bases with all of our ships we spent MONTHS building. This IS NOT PLAYER FIRST in any sense of the word-period.
    Well technically they have fixed base defense since its now possible to defend bases again. The problem is the massive swings that occur. For weeks now base defense has been pointless due to the overpowered click at back of base I win fleets. The new turrets stop that. Catch is, as usual its gone from one extreme to the other which is unfortunately 'normal" with pvp being deflection based.
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 952
    I predict a riot. No not really, I predict that deflection will be removed from everywhere and replaced with a basic defence percentage. Have heard WT say a couple of times that current equipment will still retain its value after the changes are implemented. I just have an idea that this might be what he is talking about. Only a guess after reading between the lines a little. It's hard to imagine any other way of unraveling the over-complicated mess. If this is to be the route taken there will very likely be much trial and error and many adjustments of values until true balance is achieved. ;)
    May your shipyards never be idle.

How many players were banned last month? Keep the game clean.

I "like" or "dislike" your posts based on their merit not on who you are. If I don't give it a "like" or "dislike" it just means I don't agree with all of it, or more likely, I haven't seen it.  ;)
  • assaultcow
    assaultcow
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 45
    I agree without a new armor that does corrosive/rad deflection similar to mc plate then after bounty not even the witch doc will be able to hit bases as there is a new rad turret that will do 2.6mil damage (with the 200% t7 boost) this mean needing to make sure each ship has min 1.4mil rad deflection with the 50% turret defence so its getting to much for a single hull.  

Yes wrongthinker said he wanted to make it that you had to use different fleets to hit different bases but with 5 full turret set out now and we will be able to have 4 full sets it does not leave much room to have these fleets.
  • Tes_Tickle_Crusher
    Tes_Tickle_Crusher
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 44
    Chris - in bounty can we hit all replica bases or are we being governed by the new 80 rule?
    Tes_Tickle_Crusher
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Chris - in bounty can we hit all replica bases or are we being governed by the new 80 rule?
      All.

I "like" or "dislike" your posts based on their merit not on who you are. If I don't give it a "like" or "dislike" it just means I don't agree with all of it, or more likely, I haven't seen it.  ;)
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    I agree without a new armor that does corrosive/rad deflection similar to mc plate then after bounty not even the witch doc will be able to hit bases as there is a new rad turret that will do 2.6mil damage (with the 200% t7 boost) this mean needing to make sure each ship has min 1.4mil rad deflection with the 50% turret defence so its getting to much for a single hull.  

Yes wrongthinker said he wanted to make it that you had to use different fleets to hit different bases but with 5 full turret set out now and we will be able to have 4 full sets it does not leave much room to have these fleets.

On the other hand, a conqueror hull with many, many armour slots or more realistically a compound armour type to cover all eventualities.
    OK, so I'm just waiting on a repair and thinking out loud.   ;)    Could still be a riot though.

• Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    lets talk about 'content overload, too many chores and player first' ………….because kixeye certainly aren't even considering any of those :(
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Could even be a compound deflection special. Ya never can tell. 
    Once a week Kix devs put their hand in the lucky dip (they call this R&D) and see what comes out. Then they have a week to code it before release. Notice the lack of test time. It's said that one guy even pulled out a Unicorn when it was his turn. Well that's what they called it. They weren't really sure, just that another guy said he thought it was too big to be a rabbit.
    Ship almost repaired.  ;)  ;) 

• BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Milo-Ant said:
    lets talk about 'content overload, too many chores and player first' ………….because kixeye certainly aren't even considering any of those :(
     10.40am here in the UK and I'm like burnt out.  Yeah I know everything is not compulsory but my OCD nature is fighting that.

• BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    What's this thread about again? Oh yeah, Bounty. Oh well, everything is related to Bounty one way or another. Whether its PvP being discussed, rebalance, content overload, player burn out, future speculation. ****, I've pulled another all nighter and it's not even raid week. lol

• Mila Conor
    Mila Conor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 227
    can we have EMP OVERLOAD please ?
  • assaultcow
    assaultcow
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 45
    Milo-Ant said:
    Totally agree if Kix wants to solve this and bring back players and the fun to the game, they need to think about maybe alternating bounty and raids.  By this i mean pve raids would be on an even month and bounty on odd months.  This would give players 2 months to build/refit the next hull before there is another one to get.  At least this would mean we got 2 months of use out of a ship before it becomes obsolete lol
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Milo-Ant said:
    Totally agree if Kix wants to solve this and bring back players and the fun to the game, they need to think about maybe alternating bounty and raids.  By this i mean pve raids would be on an even month and bounty on odd months.  This would give players 2 months to build/refit the next hull before there is another one to get.  At least this would mean we got 2 months of use out of a ship before it becomes obsolete lol

^^^Good ideas.

All the current talk is about the forthcoming rebalance, refactor, call it what you will but the points you make highlight another type of balance which is as always forgotten or ignored and that is the game content and RL balance. OK, so this month is a little different in that the schedule has been altered to push out the remaining tech before the "refactoring process" and lets just say that it's a pretty full on schedule.
    If I had a business I've no doubt that I would endeavor to maximise profit at every turn and Kixeye are no different to any other business in this respect. However, care must always be taken not to saturate the market. A good quality product ensures satisfied customers and promotes brand loyalty. I really hope that Kix make a success of the refactor and that the feel good factor of the halcyon days returns to the player base.
    Due to injury I'm now able to devote every hour of every day to the game if needs be but I often wonder how players with full time employment, families and other interests keep up. When I first started playing I was working offshore 3 weeks on, 3 off. I would come home, do a raid and then spend the rest of the time plotting sector attacks and so on with the alliance. In other words, having fun. Even though I was away from game for half of each year, I still had every hull, weapon, armour and special. The works. That, I believe, would be just about impossible now with the rate of content release and chores. I know it's not necessary to have a full inventory to play successfully but it certainly makes it easier.
    In RL I'm one of those who commit totally to my work (did), in fact, in every aspect of life, but now that BP has become full time, I'm already burnt out.  

• Smittys1999
    Smittys1999
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 18
    CM Chris said:
    Can we have Some Agility 4 and the Stun CIC Please in the Prizes?
  • kiwis
    kiwis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 228
    The onslaught still works fine for me in bases it is all in the build
  • TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,164
    k0odegox said:

That problem is NOT Kixeye's fault-you might want to complain to apple about that.
    photon is the same way.   plus i would like to know how its not kix fault considering all other flash based games work on these browsers??
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,733
    Hey all, we heard you guys were concerned about Replica grind time, so we've increased the payouts on the highest level targets, and removed some of the very difficult bases. Good luck!
    KIXEYE Director of Marketing
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    Can't wait for BOUNTY 13 to start. I get to hit bases again. Even though they are fake bases it is still fun.