enhanced weapon

tony.dunlap.54
tony.dunlap.54
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 351
What happens when you pair a weapon with 25% shield bypass with a special that provides shield bypass? Is it additive 25+15=40?
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591
    I believe so, yes.  @Cyrus Leung confirm? 
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,684
    Cyrus has maintained the Wiki for these questions for a very long time - You can find all the info you need on  there

    http://vega-conflict.wikia.com/wiki/Vega_Conflict_Wiki
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591
    Cyrus has maintained the Wiki for these questions for a very long time - You can find all the info you need on  there

    http://vega-conflict.wikia.com/wiki/Vega_Conflict_Wiki
    Funny, I was just there to check the answer.  I couldn't locate a specific description of whether or not the bonuses accrued from weapons and modules were additive, however.  In my experience, I believe they are though.  I remember it coming up on numerous occasions and "additive" being the correct answer. 
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,684
    same with me - I know it's on there somewhere. I even decided to check the kixeye forums to see some of the old posts .... but the search bar is broken in the forums. Can't kixeye do anything right? -_-


    The rough version is that 25% phased from something (lets say the hull) and adding 50% phased projectiles special makes the phased power +25% of the remaining non phased damage.

    So 50% (the remaining non-phased damage) * 25% (the new phased power) = 12.5% 

    Then 50% (phased power) + 12.5% (calculated phased power) = the final total of 62.5% phased.

    62.5% phased off of a 25% and a 50% phased boost on your ship.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So .50 (the remaining non-phased damage) * .25 (the new phased power) = .125 

    Then .50 (phased power) + .125 (calculated phased power) = the final total of .625 phased.

    *******************************************************************************************************************************************

    Specifically for the example asked:

    So .75 * .15 = .112

    Then 25% + 11.2% = 36.2% phased.

    36.2% phased off of a 25% and a 15% phased boost on your ship.
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,684
    it seems they've redone the wiki specifically for all the ablaitive ... stuff ..... reading up in the  "Misconceptions"  section of this page helps point you in the right direction:

    http://vega-conflict.wikia.com/wiki/Resistance_Stacking
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
Sign In or Register to comment.