Coin offers...

Shrike157
Shrike157
Skilled Warrior
Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 400

Last night, for the first time in about 2 years, I actually considered buying a coin offer because for once it was a good deal (only £5 for a full xeno/axis fleet and 500 coins). Since it was late at night I thought I'd just go to bed and do it in the morning, the timer said 23 hours remaining. I went to go get it this morning and it's no longer available and now is replaced by really bad deals that aren't worth it in the slightest. Just wondering why the offers say they will remain for a certain time then are immediately gone next time you log in.

Member of [TM16R] damned - Part of FFF - VIP Rank 1 - Base Level 59

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt" -Sun Tzu (The Art of War)
  • Florian Viets
    Florian Viets
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 45
    Shalom and Welcome to Kixeye.
  • AlphaRex
    AlphaRex
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 10
    Why bother, Xeno / Axis fleet is just going to get run over by a coiner with Umbra/ Marauder tech in seconds. you will have days of repair.
  • Hella Wicked
    Hella Wicked
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 185

@Shrike157 said:
    Last night, for the first time in about 2 years, I actually considered buying a coin offer because for once it was a good deal (only £5 for a full xeno/axis fleet and 500 coins). Since it was late at night I thought I'd just go to bed and do it in the morning, the timer said 23 hours remaining. I went to go get it this morning and it's no longer available and now is replaced by really bad deals that aren't worth it in the slightest. Just wondering why the offers say they will remain for a certain time then are immediately gone next time you log in.

Write a ticket to them if you really want it i did it on my alt and they offered it 2 times in a row

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591
    What Hella Wicked said.  The problem with some of these offers is that they're offered at a certain time with the listed timer starting from that time.  So if it is first offered at 6pm and says good for 24 hours, it's only good until 6pm the next day.  If you logged in at 10 pm, you'll read the same message but have the timing off, since the timer actually started four hours before.  Usually if you write a ticket in and ask for the offer and explain that you thought you had more time, they'll make the offer available to you. 
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,684
    serves you right for actually considering a purchase from them - learn your lesson and cast those thoughts from your mind forever!
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Shrike157
    Shrike157
    Skilled Warrior
    Junren-JS said:
    What Hella Wicked said.  The problem with some of these offers is that they're offered at a certain time with the listed timer starting from that time.  So if it is first offered at 6pm and says good for 24 hours, it's only good until 6pm the next day.  If you logged in at 10 pm, you'll read the same message but have the timing off, since the timer actually started four hours before.  Usually if you write a ticket in and ask for the offer and explain that you thought you had more time, they'll make the offer available to you. 
    filed a ticket, got an email confirming email address, how long do they usually take to sort stuff?

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt" -Sun Tzu (The Art of War)
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591
    It depends on how many calls they're getting.  Since it's an event weekend with people complaining that their cheese tactics no longer work (or work less effectively), it might take a while.
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • Shrike157
    Shrike157
    Skilled Warrior
    Junren-JS said:
    It depends on how many calls they're getting.  Since it's an event weekend with people complaining that their cheese tactics no longer work (or work less effectively), it might take a while.
    well with any luck i can get through soon  :p