Is there anyway to disable the world/all chat feature?

heat.miser.37
heat.miser.37
Skilled Warrior
Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 435
While doing the TLCs, the game keeps lagging and fleet tends to not respond to mouse commands.

I notice this is intensified while higher activity on comms.  I have been able to improve performance by minimizing chat, but problems still eventually persist.

Is there anyway to disable the world/all comms?  Preferably, it would be nice to be able to activate and deactivate that feature.
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior
    Thanks kixeye.  My fleet got eaten up because all mouse control function stopped on me mid-battle.

Can't wait for this BS to happen during next moth's hull raid..

Want to chart a direction?  start with getting your heads out of your azz.

• Clive Hill
    Clive Hill
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 52
    noted my mouse moving slow when high chat volume.
  • don.bay.12
    don.bay.12
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 90
    simply switch to sector not all chat

• Clive Hill
    Clive Hill
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 52
    It switches to all chat as i exit each battle

• Albert.E.Roberts
    Albert.E.Roberts
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 666
    My chat switches to all chat when I enter battle.
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,386
    wonder why kix didnt implemented same disconnect button as they did in War commander. Simple u dont wanna comms to run, 1 click and job done, seems that was to hard for them lmfao
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,560
    The team is currently looking into player concerns about font color and several other issues regarding chat.
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior

Thanks Laredo.

I probably went overboard with my 2nd comment. The glitch with the repair time (4 hrs each manti) really burned me.

Out of all my posts and replies, i never expressed my frustration in a way that may be offensive to the community. Perhaps there were times of borderline cheeky. If i get any reprimand, i probably will deserve it.

If this would've happened during the current raid format, it would've thrown goals completely off even with the 1/2 repair times.

Now we have a larger fm store this week using dragons with 4.5 hrs repair each.

Just wanted to voice my concerns.

Thanks

• mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 847
    What was wrong with chat in the first place? Was someone complaining about it or something? I personally dont care whats going on in other sectors or worlds - 
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior

@mark.matthews.94 said:
    What was wrong with chat in the first place? Was someone complaining about it or something? I personally dont care whats going on in other sectors or worlds - 

Chat by itself was fine.

The issue is with the continual chat feeds, performance issues occurred within combat: reoccurring lag and moments where fleet no longer recognizing mouse commands.

I was constantly refreshing about every 10-15 minutes and still experienced issues.

• mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 847
    Nah, I was asking if something was wrong with chat before it was changed into this new thing that it is now - I liked it fine when I could speak with sector and alliance only.
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    edited 8 Aug 2018, 5:16PM
    It would be nice if they had an "/ignore everyone"  feature. 
  • heat.miser.37
    heat.miser.37
    Skilled Warrior

I do think the world/all chat is a cool novelty.

I just wished there was a way to disable when busy doing a tlc, fm target, event, etc.

I was checking settings to see if there was an on/off like the hardware accelerator. Nothing there.