comms changes

jayhawk57
jayhawk57
Greenhorn
Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 10
how do i turn comms off i dont want or need or even care what the world is saying.  way to much
  • Gruzilak
    Gruzilak
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 72
    Nice job on the "All" and "World Chat" panes/tabs.   Can you put in a way to turn them off now?  .  Oh and maybe fix Alliance blast too.

Thnx
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 1,006
    REMOVE that chit or fix it.CANT be that what i type in my Alli chat shows up in ALL Chat Kixeye,
  • Nitromthn
    Nitromthn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 841
    use the - and collapse it.. its off now.. lol 
  • USS_Caleb
    USS_Caleb
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 146
    it will hav an a next to it showing meaning its is ali only... all is just a collaboration of you messages so you dont miss out on what the other panles are saying they cant see it... have you never played another game? :| 
    hi
  • M-Townloco
    M-Townloco
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 43
    WTF is up with my alli chat now being in the world wide chat.  Did someone at Kix think this was a good idea ???
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Incursion Leader
    USS_Caleb said:
    it will hav an a next to it showing meaning its is ali only... all is just a collaboration of you messages so you dont miss out on what the other panles are saying they cant see it... have you never played another game? :| 
    i did ,but they not had 4 chats lol
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Incursion Leader
    USS_Caleb said:
    so wen i type in alli chat only i can see it in all chat,right ?

• USS_Caleb
    USS_Caleb
    Minor Nuisance
    ye it why its a different coulor try saying hi to some in world chat while in alli chat and see if they respond
    hi
  • hanz heizer
    hanz heizer
    Incursion Leader
    Thank you for clear it up for guys.
  • Phantom_Rider
    Phantom_Rider
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 60
    Yes this chat was SO MUCH more important than fixing alliance blast...NOT
  • Rhonija
    Rhonija
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 205
    Another example for thing, nobody needs. Take the different colors out of the chat, that is not readable. And ALL means only: scroll so fast you cannot follow. All chat was okay for me before, except the dark letter color. No need for ALL or World chat. And no need to differen colors in one row. 
  • Sjoerd_S5
    Sjoerd_S5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9
    please change the chat back to the old one, this is not usefull and unreadable
  • USS_Caleb
    USS_Caleb
    Minor Nuisance
    CM Chris said:
    ALL is just a filter that allows you personally to see the messages you're receiving or sending in your various chats. What you post in alliance chat is not visible to world chat. 
    ahhh he so good with words :smiley: i could not say it better
    hi
  • USS_Caleb
    USS_Caleb
    Minor Nuisance
    Sjoerd_S5 said:
    watch some subbed anime it will train you to read faster B)
    hi
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051
    Click the little hyphen on the left-hand sidebar of the chat box.  It minimizes chat.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    edited 7 Aug 2018, 6:07PM
    The worldwide chat doesn't include alliance.  Alliance is still right there, in the button with the muscular men.  The ALL chat includes every channel you see.  World chat is only your world (alpha, beta, gamma, delta), but not your alliance EDIT: and not your sector-only chat.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Gruzilak said:
    Nice job on the "All" and "World Chat" panes/tabs.   Can you put in a way to turn them off now?  .  Oh and maybe fix Alliance blast too.

Thnx
    Just...just click on sector or alliance?  That seems like it should fix this problem for you.
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 952
    jayhawk57 said:
    how do i turn comms off i dont want or need or even care what the world is saying.  way to much

^^^^ nothing wrong with this post from jayhawk57.

I just find it amusing considering how long it's taken to implement global chat and within moments of going live the "I don't like it" posts begin.

The forum can be a very funny place at times.   ;)
    May your shipyards never be idle.

How many players were banned last month? Keep the game clean.

I "like" or "dislike" your posts based on their merit not on who you are. If I don't give it a "like" or "dislike" it just means I don't agree with all of it, or more likely, I haven't seen it.  ;)
  • leonvdburgh
    leonvdburgh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 648

the problem is ally chat shows in all chat you dumb idoits its suppose to be private for the ally
  • M-Townloco
    M-Townloco
    Potential Threat
    What I am typing in Alli chat is showing up on "ALL" chat as well
  • Sjoerd_S5
    Sjoerd_S5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9
    USS_Caleb said:
    Sjoerd_S5 said:
    watch some subbed anime it will train you to read faster B)
    it is still not usefull and unreadable
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Yes, because "All" includes EVERYTHING that you can see.  It's a way to see all of the communications inbound.  If you want to see only alliance, click the Alliance chat.

Other users cannot see your All Chat window and cannot see your alliance chat if they are not in your alliance.
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 952
    WTF is up with my alli chat now being in the world wide chat.  Did someone at Kix think this was a good idea ???

NEW CHAT IMPROVEMENTS

• [Chat] World Chat added. Find World Chat by clicking on the once-defunct International Sector Chat icon.

• [Chat] ‘ALL’ tab added in chat. This is a live stream of all incoming chats you are receiving from World, Sector, Alliance, or Private Message. The messages are different colors depending on where they originate from. You can respond to specific channels from the ALL tab by using:

• /g for Global/World (example: /g hello, friends in my World!)

• /s for Sector (example: /s hello, Sector friends!)

• /a for Alliance (example: /a hello, Alliance friends!)

• /w [User ID] for Private Message (example: /w 5071196 hello, friend!)

• When in the chat window, typing /r populates the ID of the last person you sent a private message to and/or received a private message from, saving you from having to re-type the ID.

• When in the unique windows for these chats, you do not need to use these commands, however you still can if you’d like (for example, you can send a message to alliance chat from sector chat using the /a command before your message)

• Conversely, you cannot send a message in the ALL channel without one of these commands present.

• /help contains this list of commands if reference is needed.

• The functionality of ignoring users, sending private messages by clicking on someone’s base, and interacting with private messages via the envelope icon and Private Message menu all retained.

• The functionality of sending base coordinates via /base is retained, but will require channel specification if in the ALL chat.

• [Chat] Hitting the tab key on your keyboard now switches between chat channels.

• [Chat] Mouse wheel scrolling in chat window now supported at full screen.

May your shipyards never be idle.

How many players were banned last month? Keep the game clean.

I "like" or "dislike" your posts based on their merit not on who you are. If I don't give it a "like" or "dislike" it just means I don't agree with all of it, or more likely, I haven't seen it.  ;)
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    It IS private.  That's why it's a different color.

What you see in ALL is the communications that YOU  can see, not what everyone else can see.  If something is typed in your alliance chat (i.e. it is green), then non-alliance members cannot see it in their own ALL windows.

Think of ALL as being a constant stream of all data that you are subscribed to.
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    The worldwide chat doesn't include alliance.  Alliance is still right there, in the button with the muscular men.  The ALL chat includes every channel you see.  World chat is only your world (alpha, beta, gamma, delta), but not your alliance EDIT: and not your sector-only chat.
    +1 Like for "the button with the muscular men" 
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 976
    just click sector or alliance chat and problem solved
  • M-Townloco
    M-Townloco
    Potential Threat
    Everything I type in ALLI goes to ALL.  i tried typing /a then my post in alli, and it still goes to ALL.  What am I missing
  • NotNigel
    NotNigel
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 427
    Waw, English is difficult understand...............................
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.