Top Players and Alliances Cheating Civil War

Money Mike
Money Mike
Potential Threat
Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 57
@CM_Lee Kixeye this needs to be adressed. This has been going on for a little over a month now. Even during Alliance war.
I dont think this is fair. Rebels what do you think of this? 
so by doing this 10 of the top 20 people in the current civil war leaderboard are NRVN or CCT 
Nrvn VS Nrvn(sub) 
Nrvn VS CCT
 They make a low rep fleet containing 1paragon and 1 tyrant lvl99
 friend mirrors the fleet 
Its a SHAME 

• donny610
    donny610
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 37
    they way they deal with it is, your not allowed to discuss it on forums. and no nothing will be done about it. but this post will be locked and gone soon lol

• coderedpk
    coderedpk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 43
    They must have really wanted the 24hr refit, 2,000 marauder armaments ant the 100 blood amber prizes, haha
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 728
    Isn't Cyrus in CCT, he would never let his alliance cheat during an event
  • coderedpk
    coderedpk
    Potential Threat
    coderedpk said:
    They must have really wanted the 24hr refit, 2,000 marauder armaments ant the 100 blood amber prizes, haha
    Seriously though. Those 2 players got 1st and 2nd prizes for personal score and gained a massive advantage with those prizes, and here is photo proof.

• Money Mike
    Money Mike
    Potential Threat
    cyrus is COT
  • donny610
    donny610
    Potential Threat
    they have done it for quite a few of the latest cw's. nothing will be done about it
  • coderedpk
    coderedpk
    Potential Threat
    So we all jump to cct and nrvn and kill their fleets with destroyers XD
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,912
    edited 2 Aug 2018, 2:32AM
    funny this is acceptable, yet  a trade market with a coin cost Kixeye states is to exploitable... right..:eye roll:

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • donny610
    donny610
    Potential Threat
    well if they did do something about it, it would be something that hurts all the players and not those guilty in the first place
  • donny610
    donny610
    Potential Threat
    but this post has been up for 41 mins, might be a record for a cheating post lol

• Money Mike
    Money Mike
    Potential Threat
    Its a legit post exposing those who cheat the system with proof.
    I just want to shed some light on it.
  • donny610
    donny610
    Potential Threat
    Its a legit post exposing those who cheat the system with proof.
    I just want to shed some light on it.
    oh i agree with you 100%
  • John the Savage
    John the Savage
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 956
    I was able to catch these guys a few times.  Its nice easy points for CW, since they cant actually fight.

They have however, gotten real good at this fightclubbing lameness and are a bit elusive to catch in the act.

As for the claim that they have gained some advantage through "winning" CW.... I think it was berserker cruisers and coins.

Berserkers are worthless and they spent coins to get the coins.  Not the end of the world

My philosophy in gaming has always been, if there is a cheat or an exploit it is the players responsibility to take advantage of it, until the developers take steps to actually fix their game.

So complain to kixeye.  Players will always do whatever is allowed within the system the developers create.
  • ipevac
    ipevac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 250
    Thing is they are not cheating in a sense of doing anything that is impossible for others to do.  They are using the same ships as everyone else is flying.  They are working under the same rules as everyone else is doing.

However, it's clearly not the intended purpose of civil war.  It sucks to compete agaist that in the leaderboards.  It is terrible for the game overall.

Should this be fixed? My vote is yes.

I would personally like to see obvious exploits fixed more.  The inquisitor with lance driver firing on modules but not hitting things in min range.  The overdrive from paragon and sovreign activating on base modules.  

In the end, this has been going on for a while.  As have the other issues that I just mentioned.  There has yet to even be a statment of acknowledgement that any of these are issues by Kixeye.  They either do not see them as problems, or they do but do not care to do anything about them.  Either way, the end result is the same.  It is yet another thing to have to accept as the state of the game.
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,684
    ipevac said:

I would personally like to see obvious exploits fixed more.  The inquisitor with lance driver firing on modules but not hitting things in min range.  The overdrive from paragon and sovreign activating on base modules.  

In the end, this has been going on for a while.  As have the other issues that I just mentioned.  
    Where have you actually been?

Inq can no longer fire on something and not hit it with lance, overdrive of paragon and sov are SUPPOSED to work on modules, and I will not accept anything as "part of the game" specifically because the forums still exist (a little).

Years of complaints about a refit bay got us time tokens as well as months off in between tech, all the most famous glitches were mentioned here and fixed, and they are quite noticeably reducing the time required to craft, upgrade, and research the current tech each season. Just as how we can insta-craft weapons, shields and armor only take hours to equip, MK for the purple stuff is insta-craft, some hulls are now insta-craft now, and so on.

Slow as ****, but they eventually listen to us.
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,646
    Perhaps suggestions on how to systematically fix it (without relying on player reports) would be more helpful. Those players have been doing that for months already, the developers should well be aware of the problem.
  • kamikaze_xyz
    kamikaze_xyz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 581
    This is also a strategy. they are not bad I think.
    not cheat this is close to "glitch".
    http://i.imgur.com/QYnxhWI.gif
  • Money Mike
    Money Mike
    Potential Threat
    Perhaps suggestions on how to systematically fix it (without relying on player reports) would be more helpful. Those players have been doing that for months already, the developers should well be aware of the problem.

Should be aware or is aware of the problem? Do you even know? If they are aware then they shouldnt be awarding those players and should be disqualifying those alliances. 

• John the Savage
    John the Savage
    Strike-force Captain
    We have been screaming for months on how to fix civil war but it falls on deaf ears, or threads get closed by power tripping blue names like yourself.

Don't try to blame the playerbase for kixeye's malfeasance.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,646
    edited 2 Aug 2018, 7:15AM

Should be aware or is aware of the problem? Do you even know? If they are aware then they shouldnt be awarding those players and should be disqualifying those alliances. 
    We (Preview Program members) have mentioned the problem to them directly on multiple occasions, whether they can/bother to fix it is another matter. (Based on the recent response times, Customer Service might be a bit stretched out, so don't count on them for mass player reports)

I have thought of some ways to solve the problem, such as reintroducing the HP-based point awarding and anti-no-damage-taken system, but they all have profound impacts on the legitimate players.
  • pseudonym
    pseudonym
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2018 Posts: 25
    They sent me 600 coins & will do nothing else about it..
  • John the Savage
    John the Savage
    Strike-force Captain
    pseudonym said:
    They sent me 600 coins & will do nothing else about it..
    Wow they're buying you off with hush money lol.
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

see here, the problem is they’re spending coins while cheating, CM Chris had claimed that made it ok. Because the amount of money they were spending to win the civil war, is ridiculously more than if they simply bought the items from the market with gold. So they weren’t actually paying for an advantage.

-Git Gud 
  • Bio Sphere
    Bio Sphere
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 114
    Perhaps new ingame Event Mods can fine some kind of ingame message as a notification or penalty. I know its manual, but will work on the same way forum Mods does.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 957
    What if Kixeye just made an example of the players caught cheating and permanently banned their accounts? That would send a very clear message and would act as a deterrent to future cheaters. Plus the players banned would have more money to spend on things more important than a game, like a class about intelligent money management or psychological help for their obsessive personality disorders. It'd be a win for everyone! Except Kixeye would be banning their top spenders in exchange for a more fair gaming experience for the rest of us...okay, now I see why this would never happen.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 728
    What if Kixeye just made an example of the players caught cheating and permanently banned their accounts? That would send a very clear message and would act as a deterrent to future cheaters. Plus the players banned would have more money to spend on things more important than a game, like a class about intelligent money management or psychological help for their obsessive personality disorders. It'd be a win for everyone! Except Kixeye would be banning their top spenders in exchange for a more fair gaming experience for the rest of us...okay, now I see why this would never happen.
    Don't you wish that they banned players accounts as quick as they ban people from the forums.

I remember when Fat Chicken was screaming about hit 6 MILLION coins he got for free from his base resetting scam, that account should have been instantly banned as he had already spent the coin and was spending the coin for a second or third time and yet they kept allowing him to play the game.
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,595
    Isn't Cyrus in CCT, he would never let his alliance cheat during an event
    Cyrus is in COT. CCT is China Core Team. COT is Circle of Tyrants.
    Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

• Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222

Sonce the beginning of time... or at oeast since CW started. This is why its absurd to spend money in them, or this game in general

• ORIGINAL GOOGEN
    ORIGINAL GOOGEN
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 63
    we are in the final stages of atrophy. its ok, just coin and itll be ok...
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,912
    edited 2 Aug 2018, 5:06PM

they are aware and do not care as the cheaters most likely coin

Revann said:

see here, the problem is they’re spending coins while cheating, CM Chris had claimed that made it ok. Because the amount of money they were spending to win the civil war, is ridiculously more than if they simply bought the items from the market with gold. So they weren’t actually paying for an advantage.

winner winner bingo

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)