reconnect , security issue

coldhardtruth
coldhardtruth
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 28
only on FM targets ! hit salvage targets just fine and dandy , NO problem , chat closed hit /reconnect to rejoin , do that , now it says im not in any chat rooms ! bull s--t its the servers !!! i live on SSI if i had ANY kind of life what so ever i wouldnt even play this game but i DONT , i just want to play the **** game and pass time ...
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,416
    This sounds like a ping issue between you and kix server,  don't confuse that with the ping you get when you do a speedtest and it pings the closest server to you.  If you have shaky connections between you and them it can cause this issue.  Have you done a trace-route lately to see if its connecting all the way to the battle server?
  • coldhardtruth
    coldhardtruth
    Potential Threat
    dont know how to do that ...
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    edited 31 Jul 2018, 4:10AM
    If using win10 you can right click start(left bottom corner) and click run. In the run window, type in ping kixeye.com

You can also type in tracert kixeye.com to see all the hops.

Interesting that I'm having no issues but both the ping and the trace route had multiple requests/hops that timed out.
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166
    dont know how to do that ...
    @coldhardtruth here's the link to doing a traceroute as provided by kixeye

https://battlepirates.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/215729207-How-to-run-a-traceroute-Windows-Mac-

Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    I ran that one and it gave me 1ms to 31ms for each listed figure, until it got to the last two hops. Those were the network layer to the kixeye site and the kixeye ip address. Those listed as 111ms and 121ms.

So it was good until it got to kixeye and then there was latency.
  • coldhardtruth
    coldhardtruth
    Potential Threat
    if you mean internet speed i have 25  which is double what i just got rid of which was 12
  • coldhardtruth
    coldhardtruth
    Potential Threat
    huges net is sat . internet the tech ask what i used the internet for and i showed him battle pirates and how it is played , online banking and thats it , he than said i could have up to 7 users at a time with out a problem , i told him only 3 others would be using internet with there cell phones , he stated that is not a problem and i could enjoy my game , again , the new speed is twice as fast and with the old speed of 12 i never had reconnect issues ... i will get my daughter to help me to run a speed test though , she is more computer savvy than i  , thanks for all the help , i just got through doing 13 FM and only 1 went reconnect  ( the 2nd one ) the rest went as should , ive never complained through out the years about lag or ships that went out of control doing circles or skating away while i was told many times i should submit a ticket , i just sucked it up and dealt with it  , i bet ive only hit 4 players bases out of all the years playing and they hit me 1st , i have had a lot of ship battles , they were fun when seawolves were the go to fleet to have , this game gives me something to do , upgrading my base parts and collecting stuff from FM and the last raid was the 1st raid in years that i was able to play in , that was fun as well , thank you all for your time and i will try to do the things you have suggested ...
  • roh.rohullah.9
    roh.rohullah.9
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6
    Hello,
    Its been 2 days since i cant open my game whenever i open my game it says to reconnect.
    everything works fine my internet connection and my PC is working as usual, checked my PC, softwares everything there is no issue, so please solve this issue and i will be very glade.
    Thanks,
  • roh.rohullah.9
    roh.rohullah.9
    Greenhorn
    Hello,
    Its been 2 days since i cant open my game whenever i open my game it says to reconnect.
    everything works fine my internet connection and my PC is working as usual, checked my PC, softwares everything there is no issue, so please solve this issue and i will be very glade.
    Thanks,

• roh.rohullah.9
    roh.rohullah.9
    Greenhorn
    at first i cannot connect to the game and when i do connect after hundreds of reconnecting and playing a few minutes of playing i disconnect again what is going on with this game its been 3 days since i have this issue hopefully kix fix this issue
  • Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 947
    I had a similar problem when I upgraded my internet. The new modem never worked right with Kixeye and everything else worked fine. It took 2 months for my ISP to try another new modem, but that fixed the problem. I used my phone as a hot spot to prove that is was their fault. Everything worked when using the hot spot.
  • LUCIOLUCIO
    LUCIOLUCIO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 78
    This game is getting worse every day !!!! Reconects do not stop. All very slow !!! It is impossible to play.
  • LUCIOLUCIO
    LUCIOLUCIO
    Potential Threat
    This game is getting worse every day !!!! Reconects do not stop. All very slow !!! It is impossible to play.
  • MANDRACK
    MANDRACK
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 71
    Now the worst enemy is reconnect !! Happening all the time, attacking or defending and even making events. Too many lost platoons and repair time. So you can't really play.
  • LUCIOLUCIO
    LUCIOLUCIO
    Potential Threat
    Itas almost impossible to play the warpath. Reconnects all the time. Whats going on Kixeye ??
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,416
    Closing necro thread.
This discussion has been closed.