So Long and Thanks For All The Fish

CM Major_Rampage
CM Major_Rampage
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,257

It is with a heavy heart I share with you that today is my last day on the Battle Pirates team,  and at KIXEYE. I have a had a major life change and I am going to be moving down to Los Angeles.  

I am grateful for the opportunity that I’ve had to work with each and every one of you over the last year.  The game is currently moving in a very positive direction and I am looking forward to changes and updates that are in the works for the Battle Pirates.  

I also think that while it has not been entirely all smooth sailing on the forums here over the past year, that I am leaving the forums in a better place than when I first made my introduction.

CM Chris is going to be stepping in to fill my size 11 shoes here.  You may know him from his time on both Vega Conflict and War Commander Rogue Assault.  He will be your new point of contact going forward.

It’s been an honor and pleasure working with all of you.

If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
Not sure about the rules
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    Sorry to see you go :( 

All the best in the future <--------Snoopy
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,078
    Good Luck Chris-I wish you well in the future.
  • mattheusD
    mattheusD
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 646
    a pity that a good employee of kix leaves the game hopefully the successor will go the same direction and do his best for the players and not for the coin first
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,533
    the best of british luck to you sir
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • nick58211
    nick58211
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 937

Sorry to see you go Rampage.

Wish you the best for whatever comes next for you.

• xdoghouse7
    xdoghouse7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 475
    What's the code?

• hurrkia
    hurrkia
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 82
    good luck picture bp at this place in the future  https://tarpits.org/
  • CMHN
    CMHN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 231
    Hope your major life change is a positive one for you and not negative.   Good luck in the future, wherever your sails might take you.
    The answers are there if your only willing to look.
  • mark.matthews.94
    mark.matthews.94
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 868
    Best wishes for all future endeavors Sir - take care and good luck
  • RandySpeedo
    RandySpeedo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 317
    Bye Rampage, lets hope you find your calling.
  • Cyanide Sandwich
    Cyanide Sandwich
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,166

It is with a heavy heart I share with you that today is my last day on the Battle Pirates team,  and at KIXEYE. I have a had a major life change and I am going to be moving down to Los Angeles.  

I am grateful for the opportunity that I’ve had to work with each and every one of you over the last year.  The game is currently moving in a very positive direction and I am looking forward to changes and updates that are in the works for the Battle Pirates.  

I also think that while it has not been entirely all smooth sailing on the forums here over the past year, that I am leaving the forums in a better place than when I first made my introduction.

CM Chris is going to be stepping in to fill my size 11 shoes here.  You may know him from his time on both Vega Conflict and War Commander Rogue Assault.  He will be your new point of contact going forward.

So long CR, hope all your life endeavors work out in the future.
    Battle Pirates
    In-game name: Cyanide Sandwich              
    Home Sector: 21                                          Ship Design Discussion Group (Open to all): https://www.facebook.com/groups/118022991724717/
    KIXEYE logic is the only logic and you ain't never logic'd till you've KIXEYE logic'd.

• R3dN3ck
    R3dN3ck
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 22
    hopefully the rest of the team will stop screwing us. oh wait nope, theyre screwing the low lvl players now. PISS OFF!
  • ZERO aka Jack
    ZERO aka Jack
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 445
    May you find fortune on far flung shores
  • Capt_Gossamer
    Capt_Gossamer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 477
    Rampage, hope the life change is for the better, We have given you hell here at times but wish you all the best!
  • BEETLEGUISEe
    BEETLEGUISEe
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 49
    wait didnt you change your name to Chris?  :hushed:  all the best  :p
  • MuddyWolf
    MuddyWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 368

Yes you are, and we thank you!

Best of luck to you.....
    “It’s easy for others to lose their focus on quality,” That’s where we are laser-focused.”
    “If users are more engaged, they naturally spend more money.”
    “We don’t throw the ecosystem out of whack. A free player who spends a lot of time in the game has as much chance as a whale who spends a lot of money.”
    “It’s all a balance ecosystem.”
    Will Harbin     [VentureBeat - March 16, 2012]
  • a PostMan
    a PostMan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 164
    Good luck, Rampage. 
  • Mick Connors
    Mick Connors
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 357
    thought goodbye threads borke forum forum rules mod do your job and close it!!!!!!!!
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    Your attempts at humor were appreciated, at least by me.

Be free now. Goodbye.
  • BANZAI_Bill
    BANZAI_Bill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 633

goodbye threads ^_^
  • kixeyeuser_644199293_22421_4327835
    kixeyeuser_644199293_22421_4327835
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 27
    Yip, I agree with the others. If you make a rule about good-bye threads, then stick to it. So I take it since you (the Mods) have allowed this, then you are now going to allow good-bye threads here, after all, you wouldn't want to be seen going back on your word now, would you...
  • Rick Swank
    Rick Swank
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 287
    Thought we were not allowed to post Farewells in the forum?
  • Zeus6927
    Zeus6927
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 800
    Cleaning out the closet... Watch yourself on the door on way out
  • kopcat09
    kopcat09
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 136
    So do's that mean us PLAYERS can put a messege on forums saying goodbye then or is that against the rules. ??
  • Zeus6927
    Zeus6927
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 800
    edited 28 Jul 2018, 11:26AM
    kopcat09 said:
    So do's that mean us PLAYERS can put a messege on forums saying goodbye then or is that against the rules. ??
    No it means consistency ....consistent 1 rule for one and 1 rule for another :) 

All these type of posts I find funny as when they don't go to plan and responses of good riddance come it will be shut usually by the poster :)

End of the day from the top now it has been said that the game is a mess for want of better words.... By that alone heads must roll and sympathy should not be given... I cant wait to see who is next :)
  • Green_Lantern
    Green_Lantern
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2018 Posts: 7
    One less liar... so what.

• JamesMcFarlane
    JamesMcFarlane
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 394
    edited 28 Jul 2018, 2:08PM
    I see this as his last WARNING FOR THE PLAYERS. CM Major_Rampage-ABANDON SHIP! I have been reading all the posts from players and Kix employees for a long time and what I read into this is obvious to me. When you jump ship in any job because you see the company is going down, and if you are smart like Rampage is you do not crap on what will be your previous employers because your next employer would see this as a warning that you just got a bad employee.  So, what you do is say only good things about your employers AT ALL TIMES. 
    This is what is called " Being professional ". I am 62 and learned this the hard way in life. This farewell to me is a clever and smart way to WARN others that something is going to happen and it will not be good. Usually it will mean a company is about to fold and when that is happening a company will rake in as much cash as fast as it can before it folds. I have seen a lot of game play offers here on this game and I instantly heard the proverbial ALARM BELLS ringing in my ears months even years ago. RAMPAGE says GOODBYE! but, to me that says i was right to stop coining because I would be wasting my money and time of a dead game. Thank Rampage for confirming my suspicions. . Over and out Captain.
    He was smart enough to see the writing on the wall and plan his escape while still in employment. That is what a smart person would do if they know they need to move on and he did it in style. 
  • T00T
    T00T
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,643
    From Wikipedia:
    "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
    is the fourth book of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy" written by Douglas Adams.
    Its title is the message left by the dolphins when they departed Planet Earth just before it was demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass..."

Read into that what you will...