8.30 Discuss Thread

• MuddyWolf
    MuddyWolf
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 366
    dm vc said:
    So let me get this straight; in the last rampage reports you said you were NOT reducing the build times on the manticores which you acknowledge are too high as reducing the buildtimes UNDERMINES and DEVALUES the time / coin the existing players put into building them.
    BUT
    you add the greta inferno dragon into the FM when the raid players worked their butts off to get it in is only 2 weeks old. Talk about a double standard.
    Sucks for those of us that had only enough points to have to choose between the GID and the makara's manticore and we took the gid. I would have taken the other one if I knew kix was going to do this.
    i had 100 million points but insane grinding they def dont care "Players First"
    where did you see they were putting the GID in the fm - can you please post link only dragon was in my fm currently - i have them both but can you share where GID is going in fm

Here --> https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/741114
    “It’s easy for others to lose their focus on quality,” That’s where we are laser-focused.”
    “If users are more engaged, they naturally spend more money.”
    “We don’t throw the ecosystem out of whack. A free player who spends a lot of time in the game has as much chance as a whale who spends a lot of money.”
    “It’s all a balance ecosystem.”
    Will Harbin     [VentureBeat - March 16, 2012]
  • dm vc
    dm vc
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 886
    MuddyWolf said:
    dm vc said:
    So let me get this straight; in the last rampage reports you said you were NOT reducing the build times on the manticores which you acknowledge are too high as reducing the buildtimes UNDERMINES and DEVALUES the time / coin the existing players put into building them.
    BUT
    you add the greta inferno dragon into the FM when the raid players worked their butts off to get it in is only 2 weeks old. Talk about a double standard.
    Sucks for those of us that had only enough points to have to choose between the GID and the makara's manticore and we took the gid. I would have taken the other one if I knew kix was going to do this.
    i had 100 million points but insane grinding they def dont care "Players First"
    where did you see they were putting the GID in the fm - can you please post link only dragon was in my fm currently - i have them both but can you share where GID is going in fm

Here --> https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/741114
    thanks alot bud for sharing link :)

• Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    For those already whining about the GID, it might not be as easy to get as you think.  That's a huge amount of points and if someone grinds it out they deserve it.
    For those already whining about the GID, it might not be as easy to get as you think.  That's a huge amount of points and if someone grinds it out they deserve it.
    Come on dog that's 8 mil over 6 days.  That vrs 40 mil over 4 days.   Even you can do math I suspect.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,257

PRIMUS ORDINIS CAMPAIGN

• Run Time:  7/24 at Noon PDT to 7/31 at Noon PDT

• This campaign has been updated the Cold Snap Turrets to deal Penetrative damage

Penetrative damage in siege campaign?? why???
    I had bad information.  The main post has been updated.  The Primus Ordinis Campaign has not changed.  The Rapid Assault campaign was updated to remove off silo damage, which you will see in the near future.
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
    Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
    Not sure about the rules
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    Ray_P said:
    Come on dog that's 8 mil over 6 days.  That vrs 40 mil over 4 days.   Even you can do math I suspect.
    You are comparing surf and turf (raid)  with shet on a shingle (FM). I would have said apples and oranges but I'm staying with the nautical theme.
  • James Dwyer
    James Dwyer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 91
    Had this same discussion with alli mate who could only get 1. I told him to get the Makara, so that he would be more effective in Hull store raid, and could get caught up easier. It's called strategy. Maybe all those complaining about making the wrong choice should tale a little more time thinking through their choices. And for Comparison, this guy quit for 12 months, and came back to see what was going on when he was gifted a Skyfire fleet. Now he has Manti's including flag, Phoenix fleet, inc Flag, 2 ID's built and ranked. Bucc's for base parts, all he needs now is a Skirmish fleet. All within 3 months, and as far as I know, very little coin. You have to have a plan and build smart.
  • Dan Gibson
    Dan Gibson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 542
    i see a game in full on fire sale mode .. and has been so for a awhile ..............fire sale = everything has to go before the roof caves in
  • stan.golaszewski
    stan.golaszewski
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 21
    way to slow things down putting another ship in the fm and during bounty week.  you guys just do not get it you keep throwing too much stuff into the game at once people just can't keep up.  You have got to be losing players like crazy the sector i am in less than 50 players try the monthly.  A fianl thought worked so hard to get inferno flag all i needed to ws wait a week to get in the weekly, unfrigging beleiveable

• BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,263
    Hmmm...with the two flagships in the FM - for one week only - you will set up a new benchmark for FM points for a single prize.
    So 8-9mill is your planned goal for future FM prizes...i am expecting a tier 6 with that FM points range very soon.
    It seems, that KIXEYE need a LOT more money from the chore tasks...they give everyone the Gretas Inferno Dragon for "free",
    but the price will be future FM prizes for 8-9mil FM points...

So WrongThinker has realized his new orders immediately: "Do whatever is generating more coins...and do it NOW!"

Players first...lol...

And there are important things in the Bounty too...that will be a challenge for my little boats.
    FM ( +conq flag), AND the Bounty. That sounds like a fulltime job.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • SandmanGTS
    SandmanGTS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 51
    edited 25 Jul 2018, 6:39AM
    If you're going to add more flag hulls into the FM then please add the Phantom Fangtooth.
  • Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 469

PRIMUS ORDINIS CAMPAIGN

• Run Time:  7/24 at Noon PDT to 7/31 at Noon PDT

• This campaign has been updated the Cold Snap Turrets to deal Penetrative damage

Penetrative damage in siege campaign?? why???
    I had bad information.  The main post has been updated.  The Primus Ordinis Campaign has not changed.  The Rapid Assault campaign was updated to remove off silo damage, which you will see in the near future.
    Doesn't really matter to me.  I just did PP1 of Primus Ordinus Campaign, 4 levels to it.  Lost an entire Hydra fleet and 3 hours damage on a Buccaneer fleet.  I don't need the junk in this TLC, thankfully, because it's simply not worth the repair time (approx. 17.5 hours if nothing else needs repairing).  Will not do the remaining Prize Packs and will not coin to repair that amount of damage.  "Players First" is rapidly becoming yet another joke trite phrase, imho.
  • Archangel_1
    Archangel_1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 469
    Amazing...now it looks like players will have to FIRST get 8 or 9 million point in the T5 FM before they can even get to the paltry 1d +2d build tokens in the T5 Chest.   Just amazing how Kixeye has "improved" the FM from what it used to be.  
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    Amazing...now it looks like players will have to FIRST get 8 or 9 million point in the T5 FM before they can even get to the paltry 1d +2d build tokens in the T5 Chest.   Just amazing how Kixeye has "improved" the FM from what it used to be.  
    Don't worry. You can just spend 1.1M for the limited armor special again. 
  • Rooster Cogburn.1
    Rooster Cogburn.1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 56
    edited 25 Jul 2018, 6:41AM
    If you're going to add more flag hulls into the FM then please add the Phantom Fangtooth.
    I agree, with the next raid type being skirmish having the Phantom Fang made available again is a must. If it was available as a TLC, then all the better, run that campaign again, so so it can be built before the skirmish raids.
  • Louis Kakascik
    Louis Kakascik
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 440
    I see everyone whining about the greta and I am not a fan of this being put out there after I got it in the raid but to be honest its a good move on kixeyes end to help the lowers who struggle way too much in this game. I know people that quit the game because they missed the puns a couple times and couldnt do the weekly. Do we want more of that?
  • dballard601
    dballard601
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 750
    Fantastic, I have been gearing up big time for next raid for Greta's flag, and now will be able to get it in FM.   Customer Support has been helpful I'm very pleased with the new developments, I sincerely believe management and upper management is on the right track.   Thank You!  Battle Pirates is BACK! 

• xXx_TW
    xXx_TW
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 6
    Holy **** i just waste 20 min of my life that i'm not getting back from reading these post's. first it's good they put GID in the fm alot weren't able to get it and got what they could to make there game stronger... and for alot of friends that are just starting to play again it helps them out because they don't have fleets to do bounty so i gives them some thing to work trowards. there are pro's and con's to everything in life so deal with it you complaining buttercup's and stop the dam crying...................................................................................................................................
  • Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 703
    Ray_P said:
    That 40 Mill actually meant hitting 8 targets.

The 8 Mill will (for most) involve hitting well over 27 (112s) or 54 (111s) targets.

8 targets or 54 targets, math?
  • LSD68
    LSD68
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 131
    Joe_B222 said:
    LSD68 said:
    Thanks for slowing down on content and make my dream come through... countermeasures on throwers launchers and ballistics... yeah right... and a marvelous new module that will stun the only thing that keeps fleets out, my guard....  what are you thinking, lets first dump all we had in the backlog and then work on customer first. Be proud of yourself, you managed to keep your word for at least 2 days.

teh stun will last for a second at most when built right..

When the conq is build right, it might mean 5 hulls, 7 stuns = 35 seconds - that's all it takes to make a difference with the high level bases. Even 10s would do ;-)
  • srbsrb75
    srbsrb75
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 45
    I worked hard to get Gretas ID in raid but i think its a great move by BP to give it as a prize in FM .It will help alot of the players in my alli tha are struggling to grind out the FM 
  • arnast
    arnast
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,057
    Is the Greta's Inferno Dragon in the FM some sort of kixeye joke?? What the *bleep* is this i spent 40 mill points to get that ship to build after my manti builds to do better in the FM where i could have gotten the Makara's Manticore for the same amount and waited to get the greta inferno in the FM for 9 mill.. you lot can take back the  greta inferno blueprint and owe me a Makara's Manticore for this slap in the face.
  • sotired
    sotired
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 89
    Ray_P said:
    thats 54 111 targets thats almost 10 per day in raid needed 16 104 or 106 and if you got both needed only 4 of each and cut those numbers in half. getting 54 111 is a huge stretch and if you do have dragons built and can do new targets to get the flag still looking at 14 of those and even that is very comparable to the raid. Raid vs FM is basically the same either grind away low targets or take damage for bigger target or have the ships needed for bigger targets low damage
  • Bank Evo
    Bank Evo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 8
    Greta’s Inferno max cap up to 2 please
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    BUT
    they give out tokens to reduce the build times on mantis. and a metric s.ton of them.

whine on brother.
  • butch1314
    butch1314
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 266

Y'all do realize that having the GID in t5 two weeks after raid isn't something to fuss about? Those that have it already are that much ahead in builds and will be better able to devote yard time to the new skirmish hull next raid. The big problem is that it is going to be a real **** for the average player to get. The points required remind me of the week I ground 103s to get the Sprint. I was crying with boredom by the time I finished. The good thing is that medium players can get it easily with seat time so long as they have an instant repair fm fleet to do the 111. This is a huge leap forward for kix to make the current top fm fleet available to grind in the fm itself.

• TIGGGGGER
    TIGGGGGER
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 210
    yall crack me up.....biotch'n about prizes...kix has been puting riad prizes n the FM for awhile now.....kix formula to generate revenue is simple....get more butts n the seats logg'd on longer (not the petty lil coin we thro  around )   hench the grind.....if they don't get back the mid lvl player base n get em logg'd on n grind'n this game will die  stop cry'n n just play da dahm game
  • Brent Myers
    Brent Myers
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 178
    Rampage, wrongthinker, Robot, doesn't matter what you say. It still is showing that Kix is for themselves and not the players like you all have said. You place a siege camp and you lose a hydra fleet in pp1 something is very wrong. Not going to spend money to do something. Would rather do without and you treat us players like crap by putting the Greta in the weekly. Your such garbage and CHEATS No wonder price and Nash and Liam left the game. You need to compensate all the players that worked so hard to get it in the raid. or you need just take it out of the weekly. 9 Mil points that is not very much and can be easily won. If your going to show that the players don't mean anything except money then you need to just shut down. This is total disrespect no wonder you can't have more than 28 k people playing when there was over 100 k 3 yrs ago. YOU BETTER FIX THIS AND FIX THIS FAST
  • Players_First
    Players_First
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 212
    Ray_P said:
    And how much were the targets worth?  Oh... If you could do the tops you got 10 mil you hit 4 and done...  Even the 60 level were each over a mil to the people who SHOULD be doing them...    And those people were helped by people like me so that they took no damage in targets they normally wouldn't be able to do... Can't do that in FM either... It's not always a question of points...  The ones of us that completed all of tier 5 last week are somehow being punished for having the right tools for the job...