WHY Mark up your ship when...

RyantheRed
RyantheRed
Strike-force Captain
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 609
edited 23 Jul 2018, 4:10PM

they'll look so bland ?

Why are newer MKVI ships just a solid color??

Seems like Kixeye's new standard for Marks to just slowly convert parts of a ship to a new color. What happened to the interesting details from older ships?
Punisher MKVIZeal MKIV
Hellfire MKIV

There are obviously larger issues with the game, but the lack of creativity with the new mark upgrades kinda bugs me consdering the interesting designs we've had in the past.

Here's an image of a MKV Phoenix vs a MKVI Phoenix

As you can see, the new factions seems to continue Kixeye's trend of simply converting a piece of the hull into a new color and calling it a new mark. Can we at least see some details? I played a little with photoshop to show what I mean:

• jaredfiori
    jaredfiori
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 170
    I mean, you ain't wrong about the colors, but people upgrade their ships because of how much better they perform.

I mean skins would be pretty cool, I'd pay a dollar or two to get a birthday cake Sovereign as a troll ship.
    PEW PEW
  • Hella Wicked
    Hella Wicked
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 185

Because kix has been **** out factions instead of taking their time

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,654
    WOW... with so many issues on the game, you are just asking what? ... I still do not understand why someone would be allowed to start this thread
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 957
    WOW... with so many issues on the game, you are just asking what? ... I still do not understand why someone would be allowed to start this thread
    He's making a vaild point here, why are you giving him a hard time about? Jeez, I still do not understand why people like you are hating on perfectly valid posts because...they aren't important enough?

@RyantheRed Also you don't forget that the number of mark ups per graphic change. It used to be that every Mark Up from 1 to 5 was a unique graphic. Then with the start of T6, Mark 3 and Mark 4 shared the same graphic. With the start of T7, Mark 1 and Mark 2 also started to share a graphic. How long before Mark 2, 3, 4, and 5 all share the same graphic? It just shows that the amount of artwork sent out by the design team is not only decreasing in quality like you were saying, but is also decreasing in quantity.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    He's making a vaild point here, why are you giving him a hard time about? Jeez, I still do not understand why people like you are hating on perfectly valid posts because...they aren't important enough?

@RyantheRed Also you don't forget that the number of mark ups per graphic change. It used to be that every Mark Up from 1 to 5 was a unique graphic. Then with the start of T6, Mark 3 and Mark 4 shared the same graphic. With the start of T7, Mark 1 and Mark 2 also started to share a graphic. How long before Mark 2, 3, 4, and 5 all share the same graphic? It just shows that the amount of artwork sent out by the design team is not only decreasing in quality like you were saying, but is also decreasing in quantity.
    and who cares about the graphics? if you think that is up to your standards, just change game, honestly I cannot care less about graphics on this kind of games, and if you really care... find another one that fits your high graphics demands!

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 728
    I still remember when we used to be able to see the actual weapons on the hulls (Pre VEGA & VSEC).

You were able to zoom onto the hull and quickly try to work out what weapons they had fitted.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,306
    I still remember when we used to be able to see the actual weapons on the hulls (Pre VEGA & VSEC).

You were able to zoom onto the hull and quickly try to work out what weapons they had fitted.

They also actually fired each own shots. Not just some fire spamming out of it's nose where there are no weapons at all. Especially i laughed at reapers, which fired from some distance ahead of them. Guardians weren't much better than that.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,912

In the Phoenix campaign it listed rewards such as custom slonsnfor your elite altarian hulls...

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,912

Skins*

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 23 Jul 2018, 7:39AM

and who cares about the graphics? if you think that is up to your standards, just change game, honestly I cannot care less about graphics on this kind of games, and if you really care... find another one that fits your high graphics demands!

Dude, if you have an issue with the topic of this thread, just leave the thread. You're just being a pain.
    Oh so... is your way or the highway... 
    You do not like the skins and the colors, and those that disagree, should not be part of your thread! WOW... sounds like a topic for discussion... If you do not agree with us, stay away from it! Great way to post of the forums

Oh.. it also makes you happy that everybody that is posting on your thread will agree with you, 100% consensus....since those that disagree are asked to leave.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 957
    edited 23 Jul 2018, 8:37AM

Dude, if you have an issue with the topic of this thread, just leave the thread. You're just being a pain.
    Oh so... is your way or the highway... 
    You do not like the skins and the colors, and those that disagree, should not be part of your thread! WOW... sounds like a topic for discussion... If you do not agree with us, stay away from it! Great way to post of the forums

Oh.. it also makes you happy that everybody that is posting on your thread will agree with you, 100% consensus....since those that disagree are asked to leave.
    Okay, I'm gonna level with you, hypocrites really piss me off. You said:

"and who cares about the graphics? if you think that is up to your standards, just change game, honestly I cannot care less about graphics on this kind of games, and if you really care... find another one that fits your high graphics demands!"

I suggested you leave the thread because you are adding nothing constructive to this. If you don't think this is an issue, explain why (saying you could care less is not a valid, constructive reason. Don't play the persecution card when you are asked to leave because you keep saying you don't care. If you don't care about something, that's fine. But if you are going at other people for merely expressing their opinions and saying they shouldn't be able to express those opinions because you disagree with them, that's when there is a problem.

If you think all the undeniable reduction in quality and quantity of art for the game is irrelevant, that's YOUR personal view. Stop acting like it's infallible and actually listen to what others are saying. If after that you can't add anything constructive to the thread, don't add anything at all.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

@Andrea Nard1 said:
    Daniel Rose said:

Andrea Nard1 said:

Andy, you need to take the potato out of your **** and feed the hamster. Look at the detail that used to be put into ship design. Their lack of effort put fourth into the game reflects everywhere. Lack of creativity on the ship design, lack of creativity with weapons and specials, simple typos in Weapons descriptions, the piles of bugs that are so big the developers must be spraying themselves with OFF and I wish I could spray them with a can of Raid.

-Git Gud 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

And “@Andrea Nard1” if you don’t care about graphics, go back to playing pong.

-Git Gud 
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,978
    At least the Mk VI Phoenix is still black and red instead of gold. That used to annoy me about vsec ships... I loved the black and red color combo, and some gold was ok, but at Mk V they were way too much gold. I actually left my Valkyrie at mk IV because it looked so much cooler than mk V (that was my favorite of the T4 and older carriers). I was very glad when xeno dropped the whole gold thing. I don't mind it so much on the Alterian ships, as blue and gold look pretty decent I guess.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 595
    i am personally fine with the current MK upgrade for altarian .
    MK1 hull are blue with some gold part.
    the higher you MK it up the more gold you get , stuff like paragon and inquisitor get fully covered in gold at MKE , clearly making a difference from other MK.

each faction has a different MK upgrade .
    would have bit stupid to have altarian follow the same rules / language as the punisher for the MK upgrade .
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,219
    edited 23 Jul 2018, 2:55PM
    Elite sovereign looks more yellow than gold and the elite bastions dont look gold enough, maybe just me.

This based on them in battle, in fleet bay management they look fine.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 595
    Just a reminder of how detailed and good Vega used to look:

This is an old image, before even Vega ships were introduced. You can see the furys and their weapons actually integrated into the hulls.

Here is how they look now.

shocking reality