No players online?

T00T
T00T
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,622

Looks like something broke...or got removed...

Number was at 19k (all time low) yesterday, some 12h BEFORE update, wonder what it is now...
  • fozi65
    fozi65
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 38
    i,ve been tracking the number of players online as i,m sure you have and as i,ve surmised the numbers of players is tumbling down . Is it really your intention to drive even more players away from the game .The new DUB,S are rediculously hard to kill theres not enough time to kill them and to cap it all if your fleets killed and you daft enough to go back in they have magically repaired themselves .Is this really what you want kixeye to drive people from the game because if it is BRAVO your doing a fantastic job of it 
  • DarkAngel77
    DarkAngel77
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 23
    The new DUBs are ridiculous. I came back to this game after 4 years of refusing to even look at it. In return Kix gave me 2 fleets of ships (Skyfires for coming back and Icebreakers at the start of the last Bounty) because nothing I had could do anything. Since then I have coined at least $60 to try to get things back on track and Kix breaks my ability to do R&D and takes away the ONLY source of Uranium I had... Nice move Kixeye. I'll be leaving again real soon I think.
  • kixeyeuser_1350630890041_12195_1912083379
    kixeyeuser_1350630890041_12195_1912083379
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 145
    I noticed that also.
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    30k now....  and this is people on the kix site on any game on any forum.
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • T00T
    T00T
    TheHolsh said:
    30k now....  and this is people on the kix site on any game on any forum.
    Yeah, I know, and it seems to be working again.

Seems the low 30s is now the HIGH watermark, a couple of months ago 30k was the LOW watermark.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,966
    That number is the amount of users on the Kixeye site. It is not indicative of the number of player on Battle Pirates. It also does not include users on other platforms such as Facebook.
  • T00T
    T00T
    That number is the amount of users on the Kixeye site. It is not indicative of the number of player on Battle Pirates. It also does not include users on other platforms such as Facebook.
    I know what the number stands for and I never said it was anything else.

It means that less and less people are logged into Kix site playing ANY Kix game or attending ANY Kix forum. 
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    T00T said:

It means that less and less people are logged into Kix site playing ANY Kix game or attending ANY Kix forum. 
    The comment wasn't necessarily directed towards you or anyone else in the thread currently. It is a general disclaimer I make every time someone mentions the "Players Online" number as validation for anything. More often than not folks use it to draw a false conclusion. Typically by comparing it to the number of players that used to be logged at a time in which there were 5 games hosted on the Kixeye site where as there are now only 2.
  • T00T
    T00T
    T00T said:

The comment wasn't necessarily directed towards you or anyone else in the thread currently. It is a general disclaimer I make every time someone mentions the "Players Online" number as validation for anything. More often than not folks use it to draw a false conclusion. Typically by comparing it to the number of players that used to be logged at a time in which there were 5 games hosted on the Kixeye site where as there are now only 2.
    Fair enough... :)
  • T00T
    T00T
    This thread can be closed btw, since original issue is now fixed. 
  • Nitromthn
    Nitromthn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 841
    fozi65 said:
    i,ve been tracking the number of players online as i,m sure you have and as i,ve surmised the numbers of players is tumbling down . Is it really your intention to drive even more players away from the game .The new DUB,S are rediculously hard to kill theres not enough time to kill them and to cap it all if your fleets killed and you daft enough to go back in they have magically repaired themselves .Is this really what you want kixeye to drive people from the game because if it is BRAVO your doing a fantastic job of it 
    i think thats whats there doing.. killing the game 
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    T00T said:
    This thread can be closed btw, since original issue is now fixed. 
    Closing resolved thread per OP request.
This discussion has been closed.