How many Vassago Icebreakers do I need?

Ken McGuire
Ken McGuire
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 156
When you added the Vassago IB to the weekly FM, I was glad. Having it has been helpful for me for months -and letting new players get tech that is helpful for the FM to get tech that is useful elsewhere is good for the game. I was a bit surprised that it was available for me, but since I had the extra points, I didn't think it was a big deal. After all, it is not unheard of for Kixeye to raise the limit for limited flags from 1 to 2.

But this week I see it still there. I must repeat - I am glad this is available for people who don't have it. But adding even a bit to the weekly chore for all of us just seems to be more pointless grind - and bad game design....
Prize Hulls - Barracuda, Goliath, Spectre, Super Fortress, BB-A, Levi-A, FF-A, Hurricane, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer-X, Light Cruiser, LC-X, Battlecruiser, BC-X, Battleship, Strike Cruiser, Missile Cruiser, Missile Cruiser-X, Interdictor, Dreadnought-X
Weapon Blueprints finished - 16 July 2012, Armor Blueprints finished - 21 Dec 2012
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051
    Just one.  VIB plus four IBs can do three or four of the 111s with 1 charged M and 1 charged X apiece.  You'll have the FM done before Saturday rolls around every week, if not earlier.
  • Ken McGuire
    Ken McGuire
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 156
    As I said above, I have had the ship for months - and it has been the key for me completing the FM for over half a year. I know I "need" one. But I already have rights to make a 2nd, and this week they are offering a 3rd....
    Prize Hulls - Barracuda, Goliath, Spectre, Super Fortress, BB-A, Levi-A, FF-A, Hurricane, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer-X, Light Cruiser, LC-X, Battlecruiser, BC-X, Battleship, Strike Cruiser, Missile Cruiser, Missile Cruiser-X, Interdictor, Dreadnought-X
    Weapon Blueprints finished - 16 July 2012, Armor Blueprints finished - 21 Dec 2012
  • Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 711
    As I said above, I have had the ship for months - and it has been the key for me completing the FM for over half a year. I know I "need" one. But I already have rights to make a 2nd, and this week they are offering a 3rd....
    I just got my 10th V Ice bp! Something isn't right! Must have got them form camps at some point.

• DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,608
    You can get the V. Icebreaker blueprint an infinite amount of times lol, there's apparently no limit.
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    Build ten ice fleets and send them all out on auto to finish fm faster.
  • Joel5911
    Joel5911
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 109
    I say only get like 2-3 VIB and thats it you would just need to get the Charged armor i dont use the IBs that much anymore since i got the ID and they can do more then what the IBs can do
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Dragons repair time is too huge so that makes icebreakers valuable still. 9.5 hours repairs on four dragons. I can finish fm with icebreakers while dragons repair.
  • davis.pollitt
    davis.pollitt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 110
    you need all of them, get as many as you can get each week, you can NEVER have enough!!!
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,572

What's the ballpark build time for a respectable VIB?

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    12 days for a blank hull so probably close to 22 days.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    I'll pass then-not going to commit to that kind of build
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,608
    It'll probably be sold as a TLO soon. I see full grid/mono fleet for ten USD, grid/2 mono fleet for five USD
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    It'll probably be sold as a TLO soon. I see full grid/mono fleet for ten USD, grid/2 mono fleet for five USD
    ( ot out 10 offers i have are for discounted coin, Dragon build & rank tokens, 2 fully built Dragons & the 10th is for 3 Monos at the price you quoted.
    I wonder if the full fleet is being offered so cheap because the 111s are probably going to get pulled soon?

• Vensters
    Vensters
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 109
    they'r now outdated with Kix's planned DUBs replacement - I don't know why I even try to catch up - just spend 18 days building one for ****-all

• PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    You can have an infinite amount of VIB. Which means unfortunately you will need to keep redeeming them every week in order to get the chests. Mid level players be hurting.

And yea, it's pretty dumb that Kix didn't put the limit to 1 for that particular FM reward.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister

@PenguinPants said:
    You can have an infinite amount of VIB. Which means unfortunately you will need to keep redeeming them every week in order to get the chests. Mid level players be hurting.

And yea, it's pretty dumb that Kix didn't put the limit to 1 for that particular FM reward.

No-just redeem 1 Charged Armour & then get the chest...

• coopers hawk
    coopers hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 103
    When you added the Vassago IB to the weekly FM, I was glad. Having it has been helpful for me for months -and letting new players get tech that is helpful for the FM to get tech that is useful elsewhere is good for the game. I was a bit surprised that it was available for me, but since I had the extra points, I didn't think it was a big deal. After all, it is not unheard of for Kixeye to raise the limit for limited flags from 1 to 2.

But this week I see it still there. I must repeat - I am glad this is available for people who don't have it. But adding even a bit to the weekly chore for all of us just seems to be more pointless grind - and bad game design....not sure if the VIB is one but some limited hulls are only limited cause you need a BP for each one not how many you can have 

• SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,385

@PenguinPants said:

No-just redeem 1 Charged Armour & then get the chest...

Cannot ;) My lab has 99 of 99 C1-X and 100 of 99 C1-M since I managed to beat Kix to that cap before they implemented it.

So now T5 chest costs 1.2mil and the T4 chest costs 700k/900k for anyone that's all caught up due to the limited items.

As for VIB build time you asked about, I think both of mine were 26-27 days. Maybe they'll run the camp again for VIB tokens. At this point, yeah, put it off until you can build it w/o real SY time. Between Dragons and DUBs going away, the VIB build time is excessive and just not worth it. The hull is a year old after all. I built my 2nd fleet of IBs in maybe 6 hours, all with tokens and a little waiting. The biggest slowdown when burning through 100+ days of tokens (84 days for 4 reg IBs) was refilling the WH.

• AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    DAng, kix needs to put a limit to the vassgo, this is ridiculous to force us to have that many