8.21 Discussion Thread

• chopsy
    chopsy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 135
    msantosjr said:
    chopsy said:
    Manticores needed to do the campaign that earns manticores.  More head in the sand from kixeye.  This is just getting absurd
    Hmmm...

Other players (with Phoenix/Skyfire) made it for completion tho.
    LION'S MANE (PP1) - Have the Manticore Print, needed for the other camp (SCORPION STING)

Both Camps is viable by using Phoenix/Skyfire.

Needing a ridiculous amount of pinches for an uber turret that appeared out of nowhere is not an acceptable strategy!! Kixeye why are you giving us retrofits for skyfires like they are going to be still useful and then immediately bringing out a turret that 100% nullifies them?

What do I do when they don't allow me to retreat 50x to hit one target?  If I had to use 20 pinches to kill someone's base they would say I'm a terrible hitter.  
    where did the fun go?  would you mind bringing it back?  
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,775

@alex.stanham said:
    lions manticore boring need to use apollos and skys , dont know after pp1 if its a killer , the scorpions cant do it , only have 1 manti ready , second manti in 8 days so need to wait to have a manti fleet to be able to make the tlc 

At least you have Apollos & Skies. ..

just using them for auto 65 to get titanium, still boring as its 5 k at a time , but no good for assault (manticores , caedes and phoenix) tlcs lol 
    wait if all  your skyfires can do are 65 you need to get a decent build.  skys should do 85s with map repair

i think 85 got rudolf and cant do targets with rudolf using skys 
    Incorrect, whoever told you rudolph is in the 85s should be slapped
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • WallyFleet RETIRED
    WallyFleet RETIRED
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,117

@alex.stanham said:
    lions manticore boring need to use apollos and skys , dont know after pp1 if its a killer , the scorpions cant do it , only have 1 manti ready , second manti in 8 days so need to wait to have a manti fleet to be able to make the tlc 

just using them for auto 65 to get titanium, still boring as its 5 k at a time , but no good for assault (manticores , caedes and phoenix) tlcs lol 
    wait if all  your skyfires can do are 65 you need to get a decent build.  skys should do 85s with map repair

and the one who told you Sky's can't kill Rudolf should be slapped also !
    Goodbye **** game
    I'm leaving you today
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye, all you people
    There's nothing you can say
    To make me change my mind
    Goodbye (inspired by Pink floyd)
  • chopsy
    chopsy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 135
    our countermeasures when faced with incoming enemy rounds :

meanwhile the enemy has never heard of countermeasure evasion and shoots down every single thing you throw at it.  how about some balance?  
    where did the fun go?  would you mind bringing it back?  
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 816
    Now that Gales are in the Fm are they no longer limited? If they still are then this is wrong.

• kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 413
    Now that Gales are in the Fm are they no longer limited? If they still are then this is wrong.

It just means they are now officially nerfed into not important anymore 
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain

It just means they are now officially nerfed into not important anymore 
    Basically they have got it wrong. it shows in your limited items and so you can't get any from the Fm. MODs pass up please.
  • alex.stanham
    alex.stanham
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 828

@alex.stanham said:

ok thanks will try and drive an 85 , 83 usually instant rep on map , but i like auto 65 with instant rep in base but no need to drive lol 
    DarKCloWn
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,775
    edited 23 May 2018, 5:43PM

@alex.stanham said:

ok thanks will try and drive an 85 , 83 usually instant rep on map , but i like auto 65 with instant rep in base but no need to drive lol 
    The titanium targets like so many are mind numbingly repetitive that I would recommend just autoing the 83s and do a long repair in the meantime. If you have tokens then find a refit of the fleet ti make it able to auto 85s. 
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • BlackAdder314
    BlackAdder314
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 78

@Carlo DeNauw said:
    So... just to be clear- PvP is dead for at least 2 more weeks then. Good to know that we really don't need to do this bounty. A++. Great job at bringing balance back into the game!!!! -_-

This is now 100% another pve raid.... With being able to secure when ever you want you will never get hit. Everyone is going to have to hit the cloned bases.. How many people you figure will sit around doing that all weekend?

On the plus side, the "My Opponent" bases are fun to hit. There's a lot of variety and the way they're rated is consistent and reasonably accurate. 

The point being that the players are way better at making entity targets than the 'professional' designers. We actually play the game and deeply understand how it works. 

The game is all about PvE anyway. A "fair" PvP game would annoy the whales too much. 
  • Lt_Caine
    Lt_Caine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 301
    edited 24 May 2018, 6:07AM
    Can not redeem Chest Prize in Pool 4 in this week's FM.  Says I must redeem a prize but all prizes are redeemed.  Looks like a glitch.  Have tried refreshing and points are adequate to redeem.

Update:  Vass IB and Gale3 now being shown as a prize.  Redeemed that hull and can get the chests now.
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Any chance of adding speed sys 6 to the Fm prize list. We have a number of ally members who need the bigger engine. Thanks
  • Nemo_Dutchman
    Nemo_Dutchman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 198
    edited 23 May 2018, 7:03PM
    when can we get some prototype countermeasures to shoot down the prototype missiles in the raid targets?   lol.
    just doesn't seem to be fair that the prototype missiles can't be shot down, drains our charged armor, deal a huge crazy amount of damage(pen and cor).....seems to be a lose-lose situation for the ships. 
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914

@Nemo_Dutchman said:
    when can we get some prototype countermeasures to shoot down the prototype missiles in the raid targets?   lol.
    just doesn't seem to be fair that the prototype missiles can't be shot down, drains our charged armor, deal a huge crazy amount of damage(pen and cor).....seems to be a lose-lose situation for the ships. 

Hyperion Assault Targets when

• bernard.mulder
    bernard.mulder
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 4
    vassago icebreaker is shown as owned, even if not, and therefore can not be redeemed. checked with friend, same there.
  • Shark Attack 167
    Shark Attack 167
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 27
    vassago icebreaker is shown as owned, even if not, and therefore can not be redeemed. checked with friend, same there.
    same here i got a free fleet of ice kinda random but nice-i would def coin if they had better options or did monthly packages like backyard monsters.
    Shark Attack 167
  • divinetrilogy
    divinetrilogy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 91
    am i the only one who thinks the countermeasures in the manticore campaigns make doing them worthless unless you already have a manticore with scatter guns??
  • XziizX 2.0
    XziizX 2.0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 416
    Ohhhkey! So there has been an update! I will give my 2 cents on the matter, and I will try to get started with some positive to say as the resent raid, changes to bounty and T7 ballistic has gotten their fair chance of ventilation on the forums in the most resent past. Maybe I touch some of those during my subjective post later, but here goes. 

Good things first!
    Early TLC of needed tech for the raid. Good work, now tune the raid to what most of us got in hand. 
    FM and change of prize list! Another good thing, almost new or close  to new content in the list Only new to me is the NA2, but Im sure there are alot of other players that will get some cool stuff 

And that's it as far as "good things going on", but frankly in the past weeks there has been 0 good things going on with Kix. 

So what else is there to say besides the T7 ballistic turrets mentioned by Padre, Ewok and a whole bunch of other players KILLING THE PVP? Well there is no TLC for mega like there was in at least the 2 last bounty, there is no TLC to get T4-5-6 PVP hulls and tokens to build them. 

In my intro I said I might touch the subject, but honestly I'm fist elbow deep up ya arse. First you killed PVP with the new OP conc gun, then you killed it again with the OP bal gun, then you killed defense, no wait! You made defense  a matter of  a FvF inside a base with  5 min timer, and a 25% bubble pad. Then you killed PvP again with overpowered T7 turrets and here we are!

What's really annoying is that this game has been a PvP game sins at least 2012, probably 2011. The raids then later the FM, then later the this, that and so on (baseparts, uranium, titanium, ) not to mention FM changes 4 times in a year meaning June is last month of this cycle, 

It is like if Kixeye ran a bowling alley, it would have been like this: Wax the floor, wax the floor polish the balls, polish teh balls, fix the shoes. Then Hey we are running a bawling alley, lets bawl 1 day a month. 100 bux to opt in but its a ball!" 

Compared to other free to play,, pay to gain games you are cheep, that is the only reason you have lived so long, and that is the only way to survive.

*Drops Mike (he is to heavy)
    /Xz
    Homesector: Nope. Sector visited: yes, and some more. Drac / Reaver hulls: Won some, some I didn't win. 
  • TIGGGGGER
    TIGGGGGER
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 210
    I THINK KIX SHOULD RENAME THIS " THE CRYERS THREAD"
  • ogrish
    ogrish
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 301
    Also have the Vassago's IB shown as bought when I never won it and can't get it in the FM now.
  • Commodore Clambeard
    Commodore Clambeard
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 734
    not worth the time, energy or capital, gone are my days of getting prizes that are obsolete the next day. didnt take part last month and wont again this month.  shove your bounty in your blowholes.
  • ScurvyDog207
    ScurvyDog207
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 39
    ss6 is there, planning to get it myself

• Prof D
    Prof D
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 33
    Why does the FM say I need the Vassagio Icebreaker when I have it and never built it?  I do believe the limit is one(1).
  • deco
    deco
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 129
    edited 24 May 2018, 3:51PM
    THE NEW CAMPAINS ARE SO HEARD THAT YOU    NOW WE FALL EVEN   MORE BEHIDE N O RAID AGAIN FOR THE MASS,S
    COME ON YOUR KIXEYE THAT MADE THE BEST GAME EVER PLS O PLS GET BACK TO THE FUN WAY PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LOVE YOU ALL  
  • KODIAK BEAR
    KODIAK BEAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,404
    Fun factor is dead. RIP Battle Pirates 2017. In 2018 they tried to revive a dead corpse but the stinketh did envelopeth the community.
    Remember Kixeye, PLAYERS FIRST!
  • The Kozzie
    The Kozzie
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,256
    Well fun factor has gone for me - since the last raid Ive only logged in maybe once a day to do FM.  And heres the kicker - I dont actually miss the game.  I thought I would, but I dont.  And that's all on Kixeye for their management of this game.
    Those that can - do.  Those that can't - scream hacker, coiner and anything else that takes their fancy.
  • T00T
    T00T
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,580
    Prof D said:
    Why does the FM say I need the Vassagio Icebreaker when I have it and never built it?  I do believe the limit is one(1).
    Vassago Icebreaker IS a limited print, but you can have an unlimited number of it. 

Which sux because now we will have to redeem a Vassago Icebreaker @400k every single FM before we can get the tokens.
    Same with Gales, but at least they are useful...
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 688
    Cap the turrets at 6 or put thhe blunderbuss in the Bounty. Let those of us with 4 ballistic turrets at least be able to be on a par with those that already have them? Taking out the javs rather than capping the amount of turrets or putting in 2 blunderbusses and releasing javs later is a really unfair way to resolve this situation.
  • Carlos_DaPoof
    Carlos_DaPoof
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 2,104
    As with anything in this game, you need the right fleet to be able to make a go.
    Skyfires walk through these campaigns, requiring only repair to the flagship when done.  Even though they get lit up by the targets, the damage is relatively light.  Their overload/stun capability allows the UAVs to quickly wipe the platforms clean.

" I see no solid discussion or argument. Just whining and name calling. You pose no reason or logic to back up your position and can't articulate a reason why "