No. Of Active Players

Denton Snider
Denton Snider
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 81
Look at the upper left corner of this screen. Players online 34,050, I can remember the time when I joined it use to be over 100 thousands. During the past three years it has gone from 89K down to 34K. What conclusion can one draw?  Maybe I only log in when it is really low - nah, don't think that is it.
  • Steve L
    Steve L
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 459

That number is only the people on the kixeye site. You could play 6 different games on this site a couple of years ago, now just 2. Yes, the number of bp players is down, the game is over 7 years old. Not too many games last anywhere near this long.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,107
    edited 20 May 2018, 8:09PM
    The counter you are referring to doesn't display the active player counter for Battle Pirates. I does instead show how many users that are logged into kixeye's website at any given time.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • Serpents_Soul
    Serpents_Soul
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,749
    I remember during a raid, you would see 200k-500k people playing

• chunnder
    chunnder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 115
    The fan boys cant except the reality ....  
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    Years ago the site ran smooth until it'd get to about 535k online. As soon as the prime time evening play would come around and the glitches started, I'd always look to see how many were online. It was always about 535k when the glitches started and the highest I ever saw it get to was 550k.

Yes, I know that number is from kixeye site and not the amount in battle pirates game. It's still a great sign as to where kixeye is headed. 530k during prime time is now down to 35-40k. That is a big drop.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,559
    Look at the upper left corner of this screen. Players online 34,050, I can remember the time when I joined it use to be over 100 thousands. During the past three years it has gone from 89K down to 34K. What conclusion can one draw?  Maybe I only log in when it is really low - nah, don't think that is it.
    Problem with drawing conclusions about Battle Pirates from that number:
    1. That counter is an indication of how many people are signed into the Kixeye site, not just Battle Pirates or the BP forums.
    2. The times in the past you speak of with 100k people online there were a total of 5 games hosted on the Kixeye site, now there are 2. Backyard Monsters and Tome have both been discontinued. And Vega Conflict is no longer available through the Kixeye site.
    3. All of the games hosted by Kixeye are available on multiple platforms and the players signed in there are not counted.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Kix could put this matter to rest by posting how many are in the battle pirates games, instead of being on the kixeye site.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,730
    i dont need to look at online players only need to look at any sector around me they are full of dead bases and very few fleets on the map  now days. most alli have lost a large amount of players all seem to say the same thing game sucks big time now and u know what they  right the only reason u can ive someone to stay is the old u have made a lot of ood friends here ,sadly thats not enough for lots of players anymore lol maybe time to change the name to ghosttownpirates lmao 

It really begs the question as to why YOU are still playing? IF things are this bad, why have you stayed? Or are you just trolling?
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    edited 21 May 2018, 1:42AM
    1. That counter is an indication of how many people are signed into the Kixeye site, not just Battle Pirates or the BP forums.
    2. The times in the past you speak of with 100k people online there were a total of 5 games hosted on the Kixeye site, now there are 2. Backyard Monsters and Tome have both been discontinued. And Vega Conflict is no longer available through the Kixeye site.
    3. All of the games hosted by Kixeye are available on multiple platforms and the players signed in there are not counted.
    Tho i agree with your ptns templar, many have done charts comparing participation in raid for the last 3 years.

Tho the number on the left corner is not indicative of the player base in game, the number of participant in raid is indicative since it includes players of all platforms. Unless you tell me the leaderboard are per providers.

Player participant has gone from over 100k to barelly 20k in the last raid and we have had around 35k average for the last year. That a lot less then we had 3 years ago when it actually was over 100k.
  • michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 503
    i dont need to look at online players only need to look at any sector around me they are full of dead bases and very few fleets on the map  now days. most alli have lost a large amount of players all seem to say the same thing game sucks big time now and u know what they  right the only reason u can ive someone to stay is the old u have made a lot of ood friends here ,sadly thats not enough for lots of players anymore lol maybe time to change the name to ghosttownpirates lmao 

It really begs the question as to why YOU are still playing? IF things are this bad, why have you stayed? Or are you just trolling?
    im still here cause i can still do everything and i spend half of time prepping trying and help the others get somewhere and the other half sitting here by myself but thats cause i live in oz and the rest of the world is asleep havein said this im not on anywhere as long as i use to be lol and i still got coin that i have not spent in ages i would  say i will keep playing till i can no longer get the next raid hull 
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    I think someone had posted a screenshot of a player with 0 pts and being placed in the high 27k's. They hit a target so they would count but didn't do any damage in the target so they got no points. Even at 28k, that's a far cry from 100k
  • wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,418
    it would of been 34,051 but the wife wanted some shopping
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • A game
    A game
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 955
    Temp I know you are trying really hard to explain this, but the fact of the matter is that the amount of players in Battle Pirates has dropped significantly over the past couple of years and that number continues to drop every single day due to the actions of Kixeye trying to milk this game for everything they can and the proof of that lies in the ability to just "buy" everything now when in the past we had to work our **** off to earn those things using skill and strategy like the game was intended to be played.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,559

@AnEyeForAnEye said:
    Templar614 said:

Denton Snider said:

• That counter is an indication of how many people are signed into the Kixeye site, not just Battle Pirates or the BP forums.
    • The times in the past you speak of with 100k people online there were a total of 5 games hosted on the Kixeye site, now there are 2. Backyard Monsters and Tome have both been discontinued. And Vega Conflict is no longer available through the Kixeye site.
    • All of the games hosted by Kixeye are available on multiple platforms and the players signed in there are not counted.

Tho i agree with your ptns templar, many have done charts comparing participation in raid for the last 3 years.

Tho the number on the left corner is not indicative of the player base in game, the number of participant in raid is indicative since it includes players of all platforms. Unless you tell me the leaderboard are per providers.

Player participant has gone from over 100k to barelly 20k in the last raid and we have had around 35k average for the last year. That a lot less then we had 3 years ago when it actually was over 100k.

I am not arguing about the decline in participation during recent events, as you said, the charts and graphs that others have made are pretty clear.

What I am saying is that the traffic counter is not an indicator about the health of the game. People are using information they don’t understand to form and substantiate a flawed claim.

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    What I am saying is that the traffic counter is not an indicator about the health of the game.

You are correct, but it does reflect the health of kixeye as a whole.

535k-550k down to 35k-40k, as a whole. It shows that kix business practice, over all it's games, is flawed and dying.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,416
    What I am saying is that the traffic counter is not an indicator about the health of the game.

535k-550k down to 35k-40k, as a whole. It shows that kix business practice, over all it's games, is flawed and dying.
    Ok, I'm going to say it since it's the 'elephant' in the room.

How many remember the repair glitch?  When that was fixed player numbers took and instant loss since a way to cheat was closed.

There have been various  other anti-cheat programs released that have taken out more cheats.

I'm sure more things are going to be implemented to make more cheats leave.

Each time Kix fixes a part of the game the cheats have exploited, the numbers fall.

There is a plan that can't be discussed to bring the active numbers back up.
  • Serpents_Soul
    Serpents_Soul
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,749
    Laredo said:

How many remember the repair glitch?  When that was fixed player numbers took and instant loss since a way to cheat was closed.

There have been various  other anti-cheat programs released that have taken out more cheats.

Each time Kix fixes a part of the game the cheats have exploited, the numbers fall.

I think you should discipline yourself for mentioning a subject that is clearly against Forum rules to mention...
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    It's a shame people feel the need to cheat in a game. Your accomplishments are not accomplishments if you cheat to get them.
  • Denton Snider
    Denton Snider
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 81
    Laredo said:

I think you should discipline yourself for mentioning a subject that is clearly against Forum rules to mention...
    yea - the plan is for kixeye to place a bunch of low bases in each world to make it look like more are playing - or so rumor would have it

• american crusader
    american crusader
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 161

I could care less how many people are playing BP at any given time. Doesn’t affect me one bit. Not sure how it really affects the ops game play either but it takes all kinds of people to form a society I guess. I worry more about the real problems like all the broken mechanisms and the doublespeak and reversals in game direction we constantly have to deal with. Maybe I’m dense....

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Player count will become a real problem. Won't it be fun to spend hours trying to find an active base to hit to get your alli points in? Won't it be fun to never have your base get hit? How about no more sector wars, which we are already seeing? I'm sure there will be other problems created by reduced numbers.
  • War_StalkeR
    War_StalkeR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,244
    edited 21 May 2018, 4:35PM
    Oh, there is a correct way of drawing conclusion. Each end of the raid, ask somebody in each sector to get sector leaderboard. No need for all 100 players from it. Enough scores of top 10 and then 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th players in leaderboard. 20 numbers from each sector. Put it into excel and make a graph. You'll see a very sad results.

No conspiracy, no theories, no guesses. Just pure and unforgiving statistics supplied by leaderboard of each sector. All you need is a little bit of coordination with other people from other sectors.
    Without a face, a single word, the flames of war unify
    Sundered clouds, a blooody rain, seas that fill the sky
    Capture the gods, advance the troops, fire consumes the towers
    Forge all spirits and bloodlines into the nine killing powers!
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    Laredo said:

Well doesnt that demonstrate another huge issue, aka how trully popular the game was and how did Kixeye use those inflated numbers to bring other players in or bring financing in.

Doesnt it show that when players have to pay to play, they are not as inclined to do so at the lvl that kixeye expects to finance the game.

AS you said, it a the elephant in the room for a reason.

Now if a plan is in place, good. but before they implante it, they should begin by not continuously making decision that make more and more players leave. Once the player base is stable and doesnt take a nose dive as it has been (even after the anti cheat release), then maybe we can start being optimistic at bringing players back. But as long as the players is unhappy and  that community leader keep jumping ship, i doubt any plan they have will work. 

In other words, a change on philosophy is needed internally at kixeye for any of that to happen. Do you beleive that is possible on under way ? Not from what we can see externally.
  • T00T
    T00T
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,580
    Laredo said:

Making game balanced and fun again would be a good start imho...
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 816
    There is no doubt that player numbers have fallen drastically over the last 2 years and I have to say that is completely due to Kixeye's complete lack of communication and total lack of understanding and ignorance as to how the community sees their recent efforts. I have played this game day in and day out for a long long time but at the moment I have no motivation to even log on. I expected to see some form of response from Kixeye in relation to the recent raid failings(as I saw it) and unless I have blinked and missed it then there has been nothing. There should have been something said even if it was just to say we(Kixeye) feel the raid was fair and that there is unlikely to be any changes next month. At least it is a response.
    I get the feeling that there are internal problems at Kixeye offices which are leading to this dumb silence but if they don't get their act together quickly there is going to be a major reduction in players that will be irretrievable.
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488

@Laredo said:
    michael.west.750 said:

100% correct regards to the reason a lot left the game.
    It was funny watching the folks that were superstars every raid scrape past and moan about coin cost for repair.
    I count folks in my own sector and alliance at the time. Millionaires one day, destitute the next....

• sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488

@AnEyeForAnEye said:
    Laredo said:

michael.west.750 said:

Well doesnt that demonstrate another huge issue, aka how trully popular the game was and how did Kixeye use those inflated numbers to bring other players in or bring financing in.

Doesnt it show that when players have to pay to play, they are not as inclined to do so at the lvl that kixeye expects to finance the game.

AS you said, it a the elephant in the room for a reason.

Now if a plan is in place, good. but before they implante it, they should begin by not continuously making decision that make more and more players leave. Once the player base is stable and doesnt take a nose dive as it has been (even after the anti cheat release), then maybe we can start being optimistic at bringing players back. But as long as the players is unhappy and  that community leader keep jumping ship, i doubt any plan they have will work. 

In other words, a change on philosophy is needed internally at kixeye for any of that to happen. Do you beleive that is possible on under way ? Not from what we can see externally.

Also very true and a great counter point v the cheating. As in the cost that it seems Kix wish.

This discussion has been closed.