player loss due to kixeye fm changes

• ZERO aka Jack
    ZERO aka Jack
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 445
    I can hit 3 x 117s with my Fire Dragons and repair overnight and it is free. All Kixeye did to me was to increase the grind. That makes the game a lot less fun, so I spend less. I will pay for fun, not for grind.
  • Dave Martin
    Dave Martin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 553
    i started playing after a couple years, had no recent tech, ships, weapons, armor... the only reason i had a chance to catch up was from a free ironclad fleet. I grinded the last 3 fm hitting 40s to get king w etc.. now i have a fleet of dragons, buccs, and am ready for may raid... if players quit cause they cant hit 103s or higher well they dont really know how kixeye or BP works...

• visaga
    visaga
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 136
    visaga said:
    I think the question here is if FM should be a chore. For lower level, since it is designed to help them advance, it would be acceptable. For higher levels, no, because they have gone through lower level chore-ing phase.

Btw, i am a low level and use my IBs to kill about 50 103's every FM. Not that bad of a grind but, if I were high level with a fully build ID fleet, I would have had a gripe about recent FM changes.
    I'd say that the only reason why the "haves" do the FM is for the tokens & chests, & get any new tech released. 
    Low level with 5 IBs? Umm.. Was that a Kix special? (purchased) If so, is it a good fleet? How does it handle the 103?
    Low level in terms of tech I have. I was away from game for 4 years and upon returning, all my fleets (latest and greatest in old days) were good for nothing except cargo. First FM, I farmed the outside towers in 115 and 117 (what a grind that was) to get enough points for IB/weapon/special. So IB is my first new hull (about 3 months old now).

It is still not fully done (one missile charged armor and no exp armor) but I take absolute ZERO damage in 103 following a certain path. I can even zombie 103 in one shot. It takes 2min 50secs to kill 103 though.

I hope after my comment above, 103 will NOT be changed 
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    edited 4 May 2018, 12:38PM
    Milo-Ant said:

@DarkMercenary said:
    Nitromthn said:

Sad part is the FM was only way lower level players could get the tech they needed to grow and enjoy the game. it was suppost to be mostly the older stuff but it has changed to have tokens and kix sees that as a way to get more money so made it harder to do . this pushing the little player out or force a lengthy grind with low pay out. lets face it would you work your **** of to smell a hamburger? no you want to eat it because your hungry and working hard to eat. kixeye dont care. they are only seeking ways to get you to pay to play or suffer. its sad. this was a great game and i have played since the start. made lots of great friends but only a few are left . most have scraped bases and quit. one player i met spent $100 plus a day great play and cool guy. but kix disgusted him with greed and he quit. nothing will change in the way they think and this will kill the game soon if they dont see the light. i get it they need to make money .. but soon it wont be from this game when changes can save the income but they have to give in on the obvious filthy greed and bring back the fun.  

How did the change in FM to exclude infernos affect the play for small players who probably don't have the inferno? I'm a mid-level player who uses icebreakers and zelos/monos to grind 111s, I don't feel a significant impact myself aside from having to grind a bit.

The Dragon has been offered 3 times now. If a player, no matter their level, hasn't got it by now, that's on THEM.
    I started in January this year. Via the co-op Buc TLC, I was gifted the tech, but with only 1 made, I could barely do 41s. No charged armour, etc.
    I plugged away & took offers of help (not asking for it, bear in mind) & in the 11th hour of the raid I had 20 million points. (Next raid was much better, & the last raid I made 502 million points with 2 Bucs)
    I had, at the time, 2 Punishers & 1 IB for FM usage. In order to get real points , I was staring down the barrel at a 2 month fleet build.
    I took the Dragon as nothing else in the prize list was going to advance my game at that time. A STRATEGIC decision.
    That Dragon tech? Omg. It's so put me in a good place. A L54 or so player at the time getting the Legendary Chest coin-free, anyone?
    What I'm saying here is that smaller players should've focused on the best tech that would advance their game. & the FM is the staple of advancement.
    Not getting the Dragon in 3 months is..
    A serious mistake.

Pure & simple.

I'm not saying that the game has issues, but this gripe about the FM?

Bollocks

maybe ask your alliance how many of them have dragons?

Then to cut numbers even more ask how many of those with them are happy with the damage they are forced to take? 

I'm suspecting you will find the answer to No 2 will be 1
    Mine is a very small crew.
    We all have Dragons.
    No one is complaining about damage.

Which alliance is that?

Maybe I should ask them?
  • DavisJefferson
    DavisJefferson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 91
    Look the issue here is personal responsibility.  There are many things we can criticize Kixeye over, but Since I started playing 6 months go I have seen an improvement in them communicating and telegraphing their moves.  Now are they completely forthcoming, oh hell no nor do I expect them to tell us everything up front.  This is above all else a strategy game and players need to figure out a strategy, or at least wait till someone else does and copy that.  People **** about grinding 111's?  Seriously 150K per pop you have to do 8 to make tier 5.  My 2 zelo 3 mono fleet does a 111 in just over 5 minutes mostly on auto ( I drive around the mine fields) for zero damage. thats less than an hour to tier 5.  That is not grinding.  As far as I know there have always been and always will be two and only two ways to advance in this game.  Coin and seat time.  If you want to have everything and all the toys and are not willing to do one of those two things then you are SOL  I built my FM fleet from starting at tier 1 and getting a punnisher built then I was one of the **** hats taking out the first little turret in the 111 and 115's that got me the zelos and everything grew from there.  I never expected an instant win button and don't look for one.  Far too many salvage pirates in this game that want hand outs.  You have to work for what you want or I guess go on the forums and cry about it.  I play my game and ignore the rest.  I get my ally points in 1 hour every Monday by clubbing baby seals, yes I'm an ****, but you know what I get leveled every Monday by players 30 levels higher than me too, no worries.  I don't ever salvage I steal res because **** it I'm a pirate.  Yet every raid I see players begging for sets of 80's.  Do you have a bucc?  No?  Why not there have been four months to build them  .  You needed buccs or hydas to do the raid,  Personal responsibility folks.  
  • JoeCusty
    JoeCusty
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 106
    I have two IRL two friends levels over 100 that quit two weeks ago. Here are the reasons they gave me after playing for more than five years. 1. FM has become a choir with no remedy in sight (specifically they mentioned the flag ship). 2. Rolling crews has become futile and a waste of time. 3. Promised single raid hull still required 2 fleets (apparently it was a gimmick to reduce developers time creating second hull). 4. PVE has become coinfest and defending bases is again useless against new super hulls. They told me it wasn't one but all of these things combined that they left. One even has over 700 coins on hist account and doesn't even care. He's now playing World of Warcraft again instead.

• nrubnus
    nrubnus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 763
    nrubnus said:
    That's awesome you have time to grind, but some people have a life and don't have that option. in one of your earlier responses to someone else you say "No one is complaining about damage." referring to ppl in your crew. Well that's because they're hitting 82s right? I wouldn't be taking any damage either. But when you make comments like that..well if kix is reading this thread, they could be thinking "look they're not taking any damage..I guess all is good". Or maybe they up the damage in the targets?? you never know. And yes, I have alot of the toys but I'm no major coiner so I depend on the tokens to try to keep up. Where do I get the majority of those? The FM.  I have some good fleets but i just barely finished my dragon fleet to where it is at currently, which is taking half damage from 117s at least, and maybe a little less in 112s. And with the limited time I have to play these days, well not only do I not have the time to sit and grind out lower tier targets, but I don't want to. Its monotonous as ****!

This game already has WAY too many chores to do without the FM being another major time consuming chore. But the point is, even if you have the stupid T7 dragons, there is no build out there that lets you hit the T7 targets without a lot of damage. IF you have a build, please share it!

If you have those hulls and built right..you shouldn't be taking so frigging much damage in the T7 targets. I had to settle for the build I have with the dragons so I could concentrate on my Manticores..they're not fully ranked and maybe 15% built each. So it'd be awesome if the dragons I spent so much time getting ready for the FM actually worked on the targets they're designed for. They do work, but taking that much damage is unacceptable to me.

Lighten up and don't take things so personally Fleas, I mention you because I'm talking to you but bottom line, its this situation that has my upset, not particularly you.
    OK, that is better. Yes, hitting small targets is a P.I.T.A. I made 502 million points last raid via 60s, & boy was I drained
    The Savage Kodiak would cut down a lot of missile damage to your fleet, & also remember that there's a flag coming, which HOPEFULLY will buff the fleet a LOT defensively. Running a blank Savage.. You have one handy?
    At least Kix gave player the opportunity to get that via the last raid, & for peanuts too.
    I saw a YouTube post on the TFC page where there were 4 Infernos & a Savage, & I THINK there were 3 Gails per Inferno & 1 Phal-4. & I think more Charged X than M.
    Here's the link for that: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBBvLe0XtgQ

I think when things set us back, we need to take that wee step back, do what we can while adapting.. It sucks, but what can we do? Quit? That's a waste if you've coined,, esp if you try to come back after a break-3 months, doable, 6 months? Nah, may as well start all over again.

Hoping that video helps you (a pinch was used you'll see) & calm seas, fair winds, Captain.
    Yeah I don't have a savage built but I think I'm going to have to build one soon. Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that one yet. Smooth Sailing m8 :)
    This game is rapidly dying. 
  • kian
    kian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 234
    Look the issue here is personal responsibility.  There are many things we can criticize Kixeye over, but Since I started playing 6 months go I have seen an improvement in them communicating and telegraphing their moves.  Now are they completely forthcoming, oh hell no nor do I expect them to tell us everything up front.  This is above all else a strategy game and players need to figure out a strategy, or at least wait till someone else does and copy that.  People **** about grinding 111's?  Seriously 150K per pop you have to do 8 to make tier 5.  My 2 zelo 3 mono fleet does a 111 in just over 5 minutes mostly on auto ( I drive around the mine fields) for zero damage. thats less than an hour to tier 5.  That is not grinding.  As far as I know there have always been and always will be two and only two ways to advance in this game.  Coin and seat time.  If you want to have everything and all the toys and are not willing to do one of those two things then you are SOL  I built my FM fleet from starting at tier 1 and getting a punnisher built then I was one of the **** hats taking out the first little turret in the 111 and 115's that got me the zelos and everything grew from there.  I never expected an instant win button and don't look for one.  Far too many salvage pirates in this game that want hand outs.  You have to work for what you want or I guess go on the forums and cry about it.  I play my game and ignore the rest.  I get my ally points in 1 hour every Monday by clubbing baby seals, yes I'm an ****, but you know what I get leveled every Monday by players 30 levels higher than me too, no worries.  I don't ever salvage I steal res because **** it I'm a pirate.  Yet every raid I see players begging for sets of 80's.  Do you have a bucc?  No?  Why not there have been four months to build them  .  You needed buccs or hydas to do the raid,  Personal responsibility folks.  
    im talking about players that have been playing for 5-6 years, you don`t really have the time invested in the game as such and not so aware of the massive jump in fleet power . or even being able to have a choice as to what fleet u can use to do something any fleet u want..

Im talking about players that have the fleets to do the job, but have decided kix has just over stepped the mark, and despite the feedback that they have been given kix just isn`t listening

The quote goes " we have heard your feedback and " they still make the changes ot adjust it just a little rather than just leaving it alone.

Remember kix gave us these overpowered fleets we didnt ask for them, they say there will be no change to something for a year but within 3 months of that statement the f/m was changed twice kix are just not listening to its plsyers

i should point out i have the fleets to do the fm and im just stating the facts. and i would like to see the game continue but i see the game falling apart . Eventually the player base will be so small that it wont be worth kixeye turning on the server. smaller player base = less revenue = the end of the game
  • dukey
    dukey
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 16
    it  just  goes to  show  that  kix  dont  care  2  pages  in  this  post  and  not  a  reply  from  any  moderator  not  even  the  sarcastic reply  that  laredo  normally  does    
  • RavenRulz
    RavenRulz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 324
    Ok don't know what build you guys use but I can do 2 117's for 6 hrs repair without using rockets, rogue crews or flagship. My fm done in 24 hrs giving me plenty of me time while repairing 4 inferno's. The build I use is on Youtube for anyone to find same as I did.
  • nrubnus
    nrubnus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 763
    RavenRulz said:
    Ok don't know what build you guys use but I can do 2 117's for 6 hrs repair without using rockets, rogue crews or flagship. My fm done in 24 hrs giving me plenty of me time while repairing 4 inferno's. The build I use is on Youtube for anyone to find same as I did.
    There's multiple builds on youtube..it'd great if you'd link us to what video/build you're having success with. Thx!
    This game is rapidly dying. 
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,572

@DavisJefferson said:

I don't know why folks get/got upset about those in need hitting the towers in the 111/115 targets.
    It's like 2-3% of the points. If you can do one of those easily, why care about losing out on a few grand? So you're not an $^*$&## lol

You're right about personal responsibility though. Put the effort in, get the rewards.

But I also understand that folks want to PLAY the game, not get 10 hours repair for 3 minutes of play.

&....

I levelled a player 40 levels above me for alliance points this week, not a bad base, even took some medals lol

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • RavenRulz
    RavenRulz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 324
    nrubnus said:
    RavenRulz said:
    There's multiple builds on youtube..it'd great if you'd link us to what video/build you're having success with. Thx!
    That's easy it's Ren P build 2 different builds in fleet, he has link on page and it works great.
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    RavenRulz said:
    nrubnus said:
    RavenRulz said:
    That's easy it's Ren P build 2 different builds in fleet, he has link on page and it works great.

actually it still takes a lot of damage, good build as is mine, but still way too much damage that CANNOT be avoided :(