Official Blindside Discussion Thread

CM_Lee
CM_Lee
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 593
Blindside discussion thread. Post comments, tips, trick, and feedback!

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/733927
VC Community Manager
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,123
    edited 1 May 2018, 10:19PM
    So, the firing cycle for the Ballista Overdrive is how many shots are fired? If we have five Lancer Drivers on the Inquisitor, will it take seven shots for the Overdrive to activate? 
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    edited 1 May 2018, 10:28PM
    I like the design of the Inquisitor, it's like a throwback to the Scythe design. 

Something tells me that we'll have a special one off target in June, where we'll have to destroy a part of (or the actual) Titan. It'd be similar to Geir's Fortress in Eradication, one year ago. 
  • Shinigami222
    Shinigami222
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 11
    CM Lee plz tell the game team to ad the bastinion crafting boxes to plzzz as it stands no 1 cares about the cutter crafting boxes plz ad them and paragon to i was so waiting fore this event hopeing i will continue mk my bastion fleet now i am so disappointed
    @Cyrus Leung  @GDIAX @Junaid Bantuas  plz tell the cm this is a god ide it will make the event so much more attractive ty

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934
    @CM_Lee I see Neutrino is offered for the fith or sixt time this season now. Palladium has only been offered once and both are specials released with the Paragon. Any way this could be addressed?
  • RedRadiance
    RedRadiance
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 22

The altairians are building a planet destroyer... Well I guess kixeye can't even pay for 3 servers so they're going to close more of them down.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,264

@Shinigami222 said:
    CM Lee plz tell the game team to ad the bastinion crafting boxes to plzzz as it stands no 1 cares about the cutter crafting boxes plz ad them and paragon to i was so waiting fore this event hopeing i will continue mk my bastion fleet now i am so disappointed
    @Cyrus Leung  @GDIAX @Junaid Bantuas  plz tell the cm this is a god ide it will make the event so much more attractive ty

U can always wait till mobi or deci, my hunch is theyll offer it there instead.

Im with u guys for the phases tho, coildnt farm any cutter stuff lasr month cos everythjng was lumped to phase 3

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Archo_X
    Archo_X
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 372

The altairians are building a planet destroyer... Well I guess kixeye can't even pay for 3 servers so they're going to close more of them down.

I suspect this is going to be a thing.  There will be a progress bar, and based on the progress it will show how many sectors will be destroyed.  The thing that Kix won't tell you is that the only way to move that bar is by spending coins.
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222
    An event releasing a new destroyer, with new tech specifically to pierce the walls that are in the events new base targets, which we're basically limited to by the usual exponential point curve. this means this looks like another classic main event. A fine example of you need the tech from the event to do well in the event lol

• prototype L
    prototype L
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 188

Seems there's no deflector shell on event store. Can you confirm about it @CM_Lee ?? I have never seen no shell tech released on feature event.

• Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 655
    edited 2 May 2018, 12:41AM
    Disappointing the lack of boxes. Really a joke and one of the poorest monthly events in a long time. Seems it will best to skip and wait for Decimation if that's not poorly designed as well.
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod

Seems there's no deflector shell on event store. Can you confirm about it @CM_Lee ?? I have never seen no shell tech released on feature event.

I think the Contact and Deadlock event stores say otherwise... Though, I'd like to see the PR Shell BP out, so I don't have to worry about it in the future. 
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Minor Nuisance

@SEAL Corps1 said:
    prototype L said:

I think the Contact and Deadlock event stores say otherwise... Though, I'd like to see the PR Shell BP out, so I don't have to worry about it in the future. 

I just checked brief of those 2 events and no. There was release of 'Shell' tech. Contact event didn't include spectral shell III but still contain I and II. Deadlock event released all three variant of shockwave shell.

• Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 476
    The sabot special says range -400m and projectile range +1500m ..... What does that mean? 
  • prototype L
    prototype L
    Minor Nuisance

@Saladman said:
    The sabot special says range -400m and projectile range +1500m ..... What does that mean? 

Your actual targeting range will be decreased, but your projectile will go further. That's what it means.

• Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    So, the firing cycle for the Ballista Overdrive is how many shots are fired? If we have five Lancer Drivers on the Inquisitor, will it take seven shots for the Overdrive to activate? 
    @Cyrus Leung Can you explain how the Ballista Overdrive works? I saw the info on the wiki, but it still sounds confusing. 
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,646
    edited 2 May 2018, 2:07AM
    @Cyrus Leung Can you explain how the Ballista Overdrive works? I saw the info on the wiki, but it still sounds confusing. 
    Read here to understand what a firing cycle (or "weapon-cycle") actually means.

If your ship has 3x Lancer Drivers (1 shot per firing cycle), after 6 shots your ship will have gone through a total of 3 x 6 = 18 firing cycles. If your Ballista Overdrive is maxed out, the next shot will then activate it.
  • RyantheRed
    RyantheRed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 609
    edited 2 May 2018, 3:15AM
    I gotta say, there seems to be a trend of improperly balanced Altarian specials that just aren't good enough to be widely used, despite their ingenuity. For example, this new special that decreases destroyer range in exchange for projectile range is pretty bad... it's certainly not useful in FvF, and you definitely want that extra range to target modules when hitting bases. Besides, the increase in projectile range doesn't help if the weapon still only has 2 pierce... And the basilica overdrive automatically gives extra projectile range along with extra pierce, so it isn't useful there either.

With that being said, I gotta admit that the designs of these Altarian ships have been pretty fantastic. Considering AXIS was "miner rebellion" and followed a similar color scheme, it's cool to see Altarians maintain the bright blue/gold color scheme of Vega federation ships, (a tier above miner rebellion ships)

I sure hope we see some badass red ships reminiscent of Vsec in Tier8 but I'm getting ahead of myself haha
  • MantisTobogganMD
    MantisTobogganMD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 192

If your ship has 3x Lancer Drivers (1 shot per firing cycle), after 6 shots your ship will have gone through a total of 3 x 6 = 18 firing cycles. If your Ballista Overdrive is maxed out, the next shot will then activate it.
    Just curious, where are the Overdrive stats shown for the Inquisitor? Did I miss something?
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    edited 2 May 2018, 5:42AM

Just curious, where are the Overdrive stats shown for the Inquisitor? Did I miss something?
    When you click on the Inquisitor in your blueprint list, you can view its Overdrive in the Modifiers tab.

The live server will not activate the latest blueprints until minimum version has been pushed. (EDIT: Minimum version has been pushed)
  • MantisTobogganMD
    MantisTobogganMD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 192

When you click on the Inquisitor in your blueprint list, you can view its Overdrive in the Modifiers tab.

The live server will not activate the latest blueprints until minimum version has been pushed.
    Strange. It's not in my blueprint list yet, at least on Steam.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod

The live server will not activate the latest blueprints until minimum version has been pushed.
    Strange. It's not in my blueprint list yet, at least on Steam.
    I was implying that the stats were obtained from the preview server xD
  • Shinigami222
    Shinigami222
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 11
    edited 2 May 2018, 4:31AM
    GDIAX said:

@Shinigami222 said:

U can always wait till mobi or deci, my hunch is theyll offer it there instead.

Im with u guys for the phases tho, coildnt farm any cutter stuff lasr month cos everythjng was lumped to phase 3

But it whit be sweet to have it in the main event i mean who carres about the mk cutter boxes we all need Bastinion @[email protected]_Lee plllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ad the bastinion mk boxes P.S thx fore the replay GDIAX
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,306
    edited 2 May 2018, 4:56AM
    Okay, i now imagine an inquisitor that pierces 3-4 modules in our bases. Wasn't 398 DPS eclipse driver hitting only 1 module at a time enough? Now we'll get a ~470 DPS  (possible xeno lance dps) driver that hits at least 3 modules on it's way. Oh, and don't forget collateral damage too.
    So sweet.

To counter this, kix will probably add couple more levels to combat modules, which will take 8+10 days to upgrade each of them. Noone will say there is nothing to do for the following half year. Wonder how long it will take (if possible at all) to catch up on base from the start.
  • Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 252
    Please add Paragon crafting boxes.
  • Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 252

Can you tell us what the inquisitor overdive does and how it is activated ?

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod

Can you tell us what the inquisitor overdive does and how it is activated ?

http://vega-conflict.wikia.com/wiki/Overdrive#Ballista_Overdrive
  • chloemiu
    chloemiu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 125
    CM_Lee, are you guys leaving out Spectral III shields on purpose?
  • Mabari
    Mabari
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 276

so basically, in overdrive mode, the projectiles will continue massively? +7000m is a lot lol but if it only pierces twice, it probably wont get very far in a base and unless youre a complete tard or youre unluckly in your carrier placing, it wont be very effective in fvf.

My main concern is the need, the need for speed. 1,100ms (but.. but.... its a destroyer weapon it doesn't need speed!) yeah thanks... Look we have had our Paragons for what, 3 months now and still to this date we do not have a tier 7 weapon capable to fvf with and this doesn't look like its gonna be that great either. Whats gone wrong kix?

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,264

@Mabari said:
    so basically, in overdrive mode, the projectiles will continue massively? +7000m is a lot lol but if it only pierces twice, it probably wont get very far in a base and unless youre a complete tard or youre unluckly in your carrier placing, it wont be very effective in fvf.

My main concern is the need, the need for speed. 1,100ms (but.. but.... its a destroyer weapon it doesn't need speed!) yeah thanks... Look we have had our Paragons for what, 3 months now and still to this date we do not have a tier 7 weapon capable to fvf with and this doesn't look like its gonna be that great either. Whats gone wrong kix?

You weren't supposed to use shatter drivers on annis by design.

The same applies for enforcers and eclipse.

I dont know why lancer would be different. Lol

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Wolff22
    Wolff22
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 3
    @CM_Lee Please add  Bastinon Cruser crafting boxes
    It will make ppl more excited about this event and put a bit of more effort(coins in it)