quick question

Lady-Jessica
Lady-Jessica
Master Tactician
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
why are the ice breaker, monolith, survivor, pride and rage upgrades in the retro lab and not the foundry? i thought the foundry was suposta be the new area for ship retros so it wouldn't lock up the retro yard so you could do other things
  • GeoffDawson
    GeoffDawson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 347
    Quick answer, foundry is yet another forgotten concept. Come on they're trying to get PvP working and did state that new players was not their priority. I do agree though, great question.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,572

A friend was telling me that he thought that the Icebreaker retrofits didn't really give much compared to the res & time to complete & I've not bothered doing it seeing as I only have 2.
    & 1 Monolith plus I have more important retrofits to do.
    Got to agree with the OP though.

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king
  • kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,984
    Lady-Jessica said:
    why are the ice breaker, monolith, survivor, pride and rage upgrades in the retro lab and not the foundry? i thought the foundry was suposta be the new area for ship retros so it wouldn't lock up the retro yard so you could do other things
    Firstly, the Foundry has only ever been about PvE hulls, so scratch the last three hulls off the list. That leaves the icebreaker and monolith, both of which have blueprints and/or tokens in the weekly FM. If I had my guess, I would say that the Foundry was a lot more work to maintain, with perhaps changes to dozens of map targets to add new hull shards. Adding them to the retro lab and FM involved fewer changes, and still helps the newer players.

Though I do agree that the increases in stats are too small, both for the claimed purpose (to make the ice breaker handle new FM targets) and for the heavy cost paid for each level.
  • Sea Surpent
    Sea Surpent
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 753
    PVP is already working, but only the Players willing to coin are the player interested ! until they make it so shipyard is running even after being attacked, allot are not going to be willing to hit other players, with the result of there long build being stopped when they are off line as the result of it ! 
    as for the Icebreaker and lower lvl ships, they should be in the foundry and better upgrades for New hulls should be in the retro lab, but same as the Crew updates, New flashy hulls and tech for the top 2% is more important  

• Louis Kakascik
    Louis Kakascik
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 408
    the whole **** game is broke and they as usual are not fixing it. This has been happening from the start of the game and we allowed it to continue so why would they even want to fix it ??
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,559

@kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729 said:
    Lady-Jessica said:

Firstly, the Foundry has only ever been about PvE hulls, so scratch the last three hulls off the list. That leaves the icebreaker and monolith, both of which have blueprints and/or tokens in the weekly FM. If I had my guess, I would say that the Foundry was a lot more work to maintain, with perhaps changes to dozens of map targets to add new hull shards. Adding them to the retro lab and FM involved fewer changes, and still helps the newer players.

Though I do agree that the increases in stats are too small, both for the claimed purpose (to make the ice breaker handle new FM targets) and for the heavy cost paid for each level.

I would agree with this. Of the recent Retros the Icebreaker and Monolith are the only ones that have any merit for being in the Foundry.

As for the “why” I would venture to guess it is related to the Garrison class being broken out of the raid cycle.

I will see if I can find a more concrete reason. But one may not exist.

• Sea Surpent
    Sea Surpent
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 753
    the whole **** game is broke and they as usual are not fixing it. This has been happening from the start of the game and we allowed it to continue so why would they even want to fix it ??
    lol  find a way to beat a target cheap, You will see a fix right ?  why should this be any different ? is it just Me or do I see a Double standard in affect ? the only players that see this, are the ones that are not willing to coin to progress.
  • JP187INC
    JP187INC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 149

A friend was telling me that he thought that the Icebreaker retrofits didn't really give much compared to the res & time to complete & I've not bothered doing it seeing as I only have 2.

yes only about 5% increase here and there but what else do you have to do with this building. Im doing it just to do it

• jarrodskufca832
    jarrodskufca832
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 89
    anyway u can still see the citadel, rhino, berserker etc. retros in retrofit lab
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519

Need ironclads in it...

Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,598
    They need to remove the foundries from the world map to reduce the load on the servers.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Truculent, thank you for flagging my post as off topic.

This thread is about the foundry. My post is about the foundry.

If I made my own thread about removing the foundry from the world map, it would more than likely be merged with this thread.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    They need to remove the foundries from the world map to reduce the load on the servers.
    Pretty sure you mean the Gantry? The Foundry isn't an actual thing. It is a button. There isn't any buildings associated with it.
  • michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Pretty sure you mean the Gantry?

You are correct. I misspoke and that makes my post off topic. My apologies.

It was a good flag even though the person could have just informed me that I was thinking of the wrong thing.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
    for those saying the foundry wasn't meant for pvp, the foundry was were the conception of the mega ship was born(which is pvp) so it wouldn't be to off point to just add in conqueror and defender hull retrofits to the list of things in the foundry
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    for those saying the foundry wasn't meant for pvp, the foundry was were the conception of the mega ship was born(which is pvp) so it wouldn't be to off point to just add in conqueror and defender hull retrofits to the list of things in the foundry
    I disagree. I don't think megas are a good point of comparison to pretty much anything. They are their own separate mechanic that is piggy backing off of multiple others. For one thing megas were tied to the fragment system, not necessarily the Foundry. It was just convenient to have the information displayed there. And megas aren't conventional fleets, they are more closely related to bases than other fleets.

Realistically though, the Foundry was supposed to be where hull retros were headed, obviously that idea is no longer being followed. The "intended" function of the Foundry has shifted since it's initial release, more than once.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    I just want to remind everyone that Foundry no longer has anything to do with map targets and shard collecting. They removed that part a long time ago.

New foundry was made as a way to unlock and upgrade chore fleets. As such, it would make more sense if the IB and Mono were in the Foundry. And also their flags need a free upgrade too like other retro'd ships.
  • Tywin_Lannister
    Tywin_Lannister
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 1,572
    edited 12 Apr 2018, 12:53AM

@jarrett.phillips.33 said:
    Fleas_In_My_Beard said:

yes only about 5% increase here and there but what else do you have to do with this building. Im doing it just to do it

I have 2 Dragons so my 2 IBs are just doing 61s on auto. Probably will scuttle them sooner or tbh

Edit-I have TONS to do in my retrofit lab, so not going to tie it up with what I see as useless hull retrofits..

Any man who must say, 'I am the king' is no true king