Official Invasion Discussion Thread

• treecats
    treecats
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 138
    treecats said:
    Ok. Why is Harmonic better other than the speed fleet bonus.  The speed stat on both Thruster are the same.  +90ms and 7 degree for both. Zephyr has no strafe reduction, and Harmonic does. Zhphyr has no mass, sure it uses 15% shield energy reduction. Remember, on bastion, you can get 34k shield with 3 regular Resonant Armor II gives you +20 shield energy each.  The question I have is how is the Zephyr Thruster -15% energy reduction are calculated.  Does it reduced by 15% from total shield energy, or is it based on the shield only, and the Resonant Armor bonus will be added later.
    Can anyone answer this?
    Ahh, so I'm not the only one that noticed no strafe reduction on the new thruster. :)

I'm tempted to refit just for that, but I can decide for sure as multiple ships with harmonic thrusters at a some point may negate the strafe reduction on the harmonic thrusters. I'm just not sure what the break even point is, or if we can actually get to a break even with six in a fleet. So I'm not sure if I want to lose the harmonic bonus to forward and turning to restore strafe speed.
    Oh yeah, that's the reason we are all waiting for Altarian Carrier. It better not be a ****. Current T7 shielding is very high. A slight reduction is ok. They can be fitted much faster than the harmonic version. also shield regeneration also helps.
  • Scott O
    Scott O
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 190

What no base attack again to help us out with points. I’m very disappointed with this. And the new thrusters don’t impress us when we have a better one to use.

• horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 206
    2 Xeno Epsilon fragments on a single target? Why? What's the point? The weapon has basically been offered a single time.
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,238
    edited 4 Apr 2018, 10:12PM
    Scott O said:

What no base attack again to help us out with points. I’m very disappointed with this. And the new thrusters don’t impress us when we have a better one to use.

Base calls are always (and only) in main events. It's common knowledge, so it's not often placed in the briefing. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | ホワイトスネイク
  • duane.farthing
    duane.farthing
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 149
    I hope this event runs better than todays Alien Strike fiasco. lol
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 369
    I hope this event runs better than todays Alien Strike fiasco. lol

image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    3 hours 13 min before the event begins, still no information, confidence in kixeye continues to dwindle, thanks for continuing to frustrate the players
    image"Don´t bite the hand that feeds you" should be the motto of any legal company
  • Mabari
    Mabari
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 276

Why would they tell you exactly how it works? Then when they change it in the first hour, they can say it’s supposed to be like that... lol

• crowbottom425
    crowbottom425
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 47
    wait so we have to wait to pull our fleets away so coiners can smash them im a non coiner and every time a summary screen shows you get ganked for looking at it by a coiner whats the blitz crap coiners only area
  • Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 252
    So blitz is just for coiners then - nice to know - YAWN
  • Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 207

So dumb kix is just doing scripting. What's more lazy and boring than a farm game? A scripting farm game. What kix doesnt tell you is that likely some day in the future all you will be able to do is script farm. Kix is going to greatly lower the point payouts of fleets and force you to hit so many that you cant do it without scripting. There just wont be enough time. Wow this game is getting worse all the time.

• Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 207

Yep, its bs that kix doesnt allow noncoiners to use it. If a fleet does 5% damage to yours then just have blitz add 5% damage to your fleet eqch time you use it. **** kix is greedy.

• crowbottom425
    crowbottom425
    Potential Threat

BULLSHIT for that coin blitz crap where is our non coiner advantage now coiners get more advantage so they dont have to look for targets for trickle points we have to contend with them hittin us and taken the fleets we farm. wtf is with the blitz feature you bastards dont give a **** about your player base that much explain yourselves

• crowbottom425
    crowbottom425
    Potential Threat
    not to mention there 100% drop rate. so every time there rewarded with tech from the fleet they kill where as we cant get **** due to massive reps wihich you will always make harder for non coiners
  • Utopia.ian
    Utopia.ian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 110

Wondering if I win with zero damage can I blitz the whole event in a minute or two for nothing. Pity he's closed the thread coz the post isn't as clear as it could be. nvm, soon find out.

• Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 408
    so what now?they are trying to transform this game in a tcg? no more fighting just roll the dice in a static menu?
  • Utopia.ian
    Utopia.ian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 110
    conversation on this issue in Invasion discussion thread...more details to come we're told, grrr, sigh...
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591

BULLSHIT for that coin blitz crap where is our non coiner advantage now coiners get more advantage so they dont have to look for targets for trickle points we have to contend with them hittin us and taken the fleets we farm. wtf is with the blitz feature you bastards dont give a **** about your player base that much explain yourselves

Please keep posts and replies diplomatic.  See forum rules, rules are in my signature. 

That said, after trying a few of the Blitz fleets myself, coiners should be prepared to pay a hefty price for that feature.  Those fleets are TOUGH. 
    Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    edited 5 Apr 2018, 10:31PM
    Only two hits on a L70 Regiment and my Cruiser fleet is practically dead. These fleet are broken. I'm sticking to the Vanguards until we see a drastic change in the non Blitz Regiment. I'm not going to bother doing the Blitz targets like what @Junren-JS said. Even the L70s have Plasma weaponry in them, when the usual rule of thumb is that any target over L90 has Plasma in it. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | ホワイトスネイク
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,219

So....a blitz 70 regiment is tougher than a normal regiment 70, of course, kix makes it tougher to cause more dmg so coin amount increases.

Sorry, not falling for that one.

• FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    Could anyone explain this please?

Is this any kind of "Altarian cruiser build credit"? same as weapon credits where you can craft the hull?

• Simon_Po
    Simon_Po
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 213
    Guys, never attack a altarian brigade that was already tried by someone else! 
    i just realised that, when the battle began, first wave of the brigade 80's was already killed.
    So i engaged the second wave, the most stupid thing i ever did in this game.
    23h repair time, 3 guardian mk6 killed, 3 bastion mk4 damaged heavily....all hardened against explosive damage.

2nd and 3rd wave paragons surround you very quickly, stasis makes you unable to do anything.

Kixeye: your new "AI" is crap if it can not compensate the loss of the first ships in a event fleet.
    Don't know if you call this an AI, its just event triggered ships. 
    actually, i really miss the "I" in your whole game.
  • Kereg the Fallen
    Kereg the Fallen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 206
    edited 5 Apr 2018, 10:39PM
    Junren-JS said:

Please keep posts and replies diplomatic.  See forum rules, rules are in my signature. 

That said, after trying a few of the Blitz fleets myself, coiners should be prepared to pay a hefty price for that feature.  Those fleets are TOUGH. 
    They are tough for non-coiners, including myself. I was doing 80s and 90s last event. Barely doing 70s this event.

Coiners I see doing them though with mk5. So it truly is widening the gap but hey, what hasn't recently?
    For the mighty Pangolin
  • galderblake
    galderblake
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 63

Is this any kind of "Altarian cruiser build credit"? same as weapon credits where you can craft the hull?

Yes, but you need 900 fragments
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/729782

• Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod

I believe you grind to get 900 Fragments to obtain a blank Bastion. 
  • FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Skilled Warrior
    really? ... just .. really kixeye?

• Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,843

it seems that way
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 593
    We have increased the lvl 110 Altairian Regiment difficulty by 20%, lowered the difficulty of the lvl 80 & 90 by 30%, lvl 100 by 20%, and the Blitz lvl 70 target lowered difficulty by 40%. 
    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Astrobot31
    Astrobot31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 169

Keep going. You aren't going to frustrate people into spending like the old days. Fix your event NOW.