Blood Hydra

Moon Pie
Moon Pie
Skilled Warrior
Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 400
Any suggestions for a Blood Hydra config. especially the CIC? Thanks. 
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,493

CIC should be the mercy CIC, without a doubt. If you are worried about the ranges not matching, equip one concussive gatling gun (the Revenge weapon) on any hydra that does not carry the Siege CIC. That weapon has a max range of 104, nearly identical to the range of a Hydra with Siege CIC. I played last raid solely on mobile phone, autoing A sets with a Buccaneer Boon fleet and Hydra fleet. 270+ million points, without driving a single ship or spending a single coin.

• Note that if you want to use Hydras on auto, you need to equip a few squalls on the fleet (not sure about antipodes but those should work fine with enough supercharge on your ships, the new special in the FM should be more than enough).
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • Paulholio
    Paulholio
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 477
    Mercy CIC on the Blood Hydra, and I have seen a number of other suggestions/videos where the rest (regular hydras) use the Siege Aegis CIC for the increased resistance. Also, by using the Aegis CIC, all ships can match the range of the Blood Hydra using the Mercy CIC.
    Paulholio
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,493
    Paulholio said:
    Mercy CIC on the Blood Hydra, and I have seen a number of other suggestions/videos where the rest (regular hydras) use the Siege Aegis CIC for the increased resistance. Also, by using the Aegis CIC, all ships can match the range of the Blood Hydra using the Mercy CIC.
    not a good idea to use the Aegis CIC on all ships, much easier to get vaporised by the blunderbuss that way. 
    Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • Paulholio
    Paulholio
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 477
    The Qing said:
    Paulholio said:
    not a good idea to use the Aegis CIC on all ships, much easier to get vaporised by the blunderbuss that way. 
    That is the caveat. The skill hull of this raid series does need good driving skills. But, the videos I have seen on Youtube indicate that Mercy on Blood Hydra and Aegis CICs on the rest can work out well for mitigating damage from the Elite Target campaigns for Hydra fleets.
    Paulholio
  • Arjan Hansen
    Arjan Hansen
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 208
    Im running mercy on bloodf, Aegis on the 4 hydra , all have 2 squalls too incl blood ;)

• Moon Pie
    Moon Pie
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 400
    Thanks, guys. That helped a lot.