Haven't played in over a year, How do you get decent units?

Slade Wilson35
Slade Wilson35
Greenhorn
Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2
Haven't played in nearly a year.   How the heck is anyone supposed to get decent units without help?
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,123
    The easiest way to get units is to wait for the next monthly event and play the early missions to unlock some lower tier faction units. If kixeye preserve the same event track prize format, the first 2 attack missions and the 1st faction mission should award some Gen1 faction units which will be a key for progression.

Finally, the next monthly event are scheduled to start March the 22nd which is in about 2.5 weeks from this date.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • deadbeats
    deadbeats
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 244
    or you can simply go on the world map today an open bases that are giving away units instead of waiting 3 weeks
  • Maximus_Destructicus
    Maximus_Destructicus
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,894
    edited 5 Mar 2018, 2:13PM
    or, seems to be a new sale every couple of days.  You can get some pre-built max level units with good tech. 
  • LeDarko
    LeDarko
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 868
    Or you could do some pvp and get medals and get some units that way.Or buy gold and buy the offers.

• dumbldor
    dumbldor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 901
    or, seems to be a new sale every couple of days.  You can get some pre-built max level units with good tech. 
    not max level
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,222
    Take part in Warpath which starts this week. You can farm dead bases for Honor using whatever you have from a year ago. If you can earn 3 Blood Thor you can pick up a hero from the Gear Store. I suggest getting Ardra if possible. Then try your best to get the Juggernaut if you don't already have it. I'm not sure when the standard Jug bases will be out again but with just Ardra and the Jug you can do most bases. Depending on the base you might take a lot of damage or even lose your stuff which is 16 hours repair BUT it's the difference between doing a base and not doing it. Phalanx are also very useful. Once upgraded they can do a lot on their own and you can kill a whole toon of them to take a base same as Jug but only 8 hours for 12 dead. Phalanx bases are out right now, try to get one done or steal one. The first base each week pays the unit and then it pays tech. They removed them for the event store but having one will allow you to start upgrading it. Technicals are one of the newer faction units and it's utility is unbeatable in both attacking and defense. Low repair, low capacity, AA only or AG only or both and they're super cheap in the event store. Whatever xp you get in the event I would spend it all on Technicals. They're the new Howler!
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,629
    edited 5 Mar 2018, 8:58PM
    Hello Slade and welcome back to War Commander. Currently there are a plethora of bases on the map that give out units and tech for units that you can do or have opened up for you if you are in a good clan.  Once a month we have a monthly event which is another option to gain units and tech. Typically once a month as well, we have a defensive event called "onslaught  [Edit] INVASION" which is another venue for some needed tech. 

If you ever have a question about any units or tech, please feel free to post to the forums and we can help you out. 

WAR COMMANDER MODERATOR

WC OFFICIAL DISCORD | WC WIKI  | FORUM RULES |  SUBMIT A TICKET | REPORT A PLAYER

• Erwin2016
    Erwin2016
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 892
    Hello Slade and welcome back to War Commander. Currently there are a plethora of bases on the map that give out units and tech for units that you can do or have opened up for you if you are in a good clan.  Once a month we have a monthly event which is another option to gain units and tech. Typically once a month as well, we have a defensive event called "onslaught" which is another venue for some needed tech. 

If you ever have a question about any units or tech, please feel free to post to the forums and we can help you out. 
    Last time I check Dobba its invasion that we still have not onslaught.
  • Erwin2016
    Erwin2016
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 892
    edited 5 Mar 2018, 8:53PM
    WrongThinker said:
    Haven't played in nearly a year.   How the heck is anyone supposed to get decent units without help?
    Depending on how far behind you actually are, you need to build up a good supply of at least one of either Liberators, Spartan ZKs, or Acolytes.  These units are really the entry-level units to get you in to the Faction Era of WC.  The good news is: by the end of the week we'll be releasing 24/7 bases for you to earn these units that will be geared towards players who are a bit behind.  There will also be separate bases that will be a little tougher where you can farm tech.  Once you've got a good stockpile of baseline units, you can climb the ranks through a variety of means (which the community has done a good job outlining above).
    In my opinion for him is to get some caretakers and tech for them because they go great with SF if you literally have nothing for faction units
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,123
    Hello Slade and welcome back to War Commander. Currently there are a plethora of bases on the map that give out units and tech for units that you can do or have opened up for you if you are in a good clan.  Once a month we have a monthly event which is another option to gain units and tech. Typically once a month as well, we have a defensive event called "onslaught" which is another venue for some needed tech. 

I'm sorry to disappoint you but it was a while ago we had our last onslaught. The most recent Onslaught was the October 2017 Onslaught and the current defensive events are the Invasions which can be a decent source of tech.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,629

Last time I check Dobba its invasion that we still have not onslaught.
    Axel L said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you but it was a while ago we had our last onslaught. The most recent Onslaught was the October 2017 Onslaught and the current defensive events are the Invasions which can be a decent source of tech.
    Uh....I was just checking to see if you were all paying attention haha  ;) 

But on a serious note, I am human and I goofed up and mistyped the event. I apologize. It is indeed invasion and not onslaught that we typically have monthly and thank you for letting me know. I have edited my post to show the correct information. :) 

WAR COMMANDER MODERATOR

WC OFFICIAL DISCORD | WC WIKI  | FORUM RULES |  SUBMIT A TICKET | REPORT A PLAYER

• david t kozich
    david t kozich
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 932

lmmfao

and now 4 an honest answer. I'm in the same boat, I started back after about 2 years out. if u were a skilled player b4 u quit great, u have a chance 2 catch up faster.  most bases that r out rite now r very hard 2 take down. and if u do get the unit u will b stuck at lvl 10 until u get  tokens or parts and that my friend is even harder. I know guys in my sector that have most of the newer stuff and they have a hard time taking down the bases 4 tech/parts. even the metal bases r a pain in the azz. kixeye at least upped the metal payout in the highway z base from 2000 to 5000. b4 that it was taking 4ever. but u still need lvl 10 phalanx or jug and pur  2 take them down with out massive damage. the technicals r ok but u need tech 2 beef them up.

try 2 get the blackout, deena and bonesaws. the caretaker is great but worthless until u get past lvl 5 as the purifier will do the same thing at lvl 10 and is a faster upgrade.

the events r your best bet. i had 2 do 2 of them 2 unlock a few units 2 advance. ask friends or ask in chat what bases u can take with what units u have (chat gives u a faster 1 on 1 response,).

ask 4 help. a lot of others out there will help u take down bases. u only need a few good units 2 start advancing on your own, u can do it alone but it will take 4 ever.

as far as buying the units, I got lucky, the 1s that were up 4 sale were the same 1s that were given in the events. it may b better 2 buy a few units, as u don't what units will b given away in the events, that is up 2 u. and as stated above, gives u a jump on upgrades.

keep in mind, u will need 2 up grade unit storage, air field, helipad and hanger, this will increase the number of units u can deploy. 10 or 11 units help make up 4 a smaller amount of lower lvl units.

go2 kixeye wikia fandom, it's a guide 2 war commander everything. helps u figure out what u can upgrade fastest and exactly what each unit can do.

DON'T TAKE IT WROMG                                                                                                          some of the above advice is great I'm not putting it down, but it sounds like some of it is coming from players that  have more advanced units.

it's like the event videos, they r a great help 2 the players that have the great, high lvl units but don't know how 2 use them. but 2 those that don't have the units or have the lo lvl version, not much help.

sorry if this post is hard 2 follow but I'm handy caped and have 2 peck away at the keyboard 1 letter at a time with a stick.

hope this helps.

DAVID T KOZICH
    AKA NO HANDS ON DECK
  • LeDarko
    LeDarko
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 868
    Sorry but I don't think the caretaker is worthless. If you have a juggernaut, Would you risk getting a 6 hours repair or a 30 minute one?
  • david t kozich
    david t kozich
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 932
    Sorry but I don't think the caretaker is worthless. If you have a juggernaut, Would you risk getting a 6 hours repair or a 30 minute one?
    when did I say caretaker was worthless ?????? 4 some1 returning from a long rest, the purifier works just fine until u r strong enough 2 get the caretaker. I was not referring 2 those that already had all the good toys when the caretaker came out. I'm in the same boat as the op, I have both and I was able 2 up grade the purifier faster thus upgrade other units sooner. as. the need 4 the caretaker will come in2 play as u get stronger. would u place a 5 star general in direct charge of a platoon of privets. if he can get it, fine, but the caretaker can't do everything.
    DAVID T KOZICH
    AKA NO HANDS ON DECK