This was the worst main event in 4 years

DEATH Anngel
DEATH Anngel
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 11
i am truly sad that this game is going down so fast i was  here when the first event was launched ( Dread Battleship NR 1 first event in the history of this game i was here from day 30 a close beta i was  here when flash was still bad **** i was  here when vega in 3 D was still a dream
Now this was the first event when the power creep was so huge that i did not get the shipp the first time in 4 years i put like 5k$ in 4 years not much not little but i loved this game i loved the age of raptors ( 1 of the funniest time in Vega skill was KING ) NOW PFF COIN IS king

My 2 cent is that greed kills a game

THE END

• Uwrekd
    Uwrekd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 167
    You could have taken the 80s down with Xeno Punishers with recharging energy shields. The event was just fine.
  • DEATH Anngel
    DEATH Anngel
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 11
    Uwrekd said:
    You could have taken the 80s down with Xeno Punishers with recharging energy shields. The event was just fine.
    MAN most ppl have jobs ,family and a bit of free time for fun i did try a couple of strategis i got mk 6 guardian MK 6 paladin etc still got 20% damege

• veryluo
    veryluo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 47
    The power creep gained by the coiners is just way too much this time. When T6 launched, you could still have a chance using battleships against punishers. But there is no chance against T7 cruisers. 

This is killing the fun for both coiners and non-coiners, and will kill the game.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,978
    edited 12 Feb 2018, 9:14PM
    Uwrekd said:
    MAN most ppl have jobs ,family and a bit of free time for fun i did try a couple of strategis i got mk 6 guardian MK 6 paladin etc still got 20% damege

He's right though. I was hitting 60s and then 70s until I tried his strategy posted in the main event feedback thread (basic idea is the limit the echo bounce by splitting the fleet up). I was finally hitting 80s. I didn't clear the store as I took too long to work my way up, but I got what I needed, ship included. Sorry it didn't work out so well for you. Though if you're like me and still have several weeks before you can build it anyway, and odds are you'll have another chance at it later this week...
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • tony.sales
    tony.sales
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 184
    first time i never got the ship too in a long time.

#noncoinapril
  • AdmiralKevin
    AdmiralKevin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 327
    been like this for years
  • Americanguy
    Americanguy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 89
    Uwrekd said:

He's right though. I was hitting 60s and then 70s until I tried his strategy posted in the main event feedback thread (basic idea is the limit the echo bounce by splitting the fleet up). I was finally hitting 80s. I didn't clear the store as I took too long to work my way up, but I got what I needed, ship included. Sorry it didn't work out so well for you. Though if you're like me and still have several weeks before you can build it anyway, and odds are you'll have another chance at it later this week...

Limit the Echo bounch ! fk, did you see the range o that fking thing lol
  • BradyBunch
    BradyBunch
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 825
    I play war commander myself. Just passing by to see if this is any better lol.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it count!
  • helloworldwhataday
    helloworldwhataday
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 88

While it was possible to do event it wasn't enjoyable. Now the ship is out the balance between axis and alterian is wayyyyyyyy off. No way should they have similar levels but this is kixeye plan to get u to build the new toys and forget about old. Trouble is can't see that plan changing anytime soon meaning all the time effort and money people put in the last year was for nadda same from t5 and below when compared to xeno. This is what I believe is the big downfall in vega now and will continue to be so till the lights turn off . Sad times :(

• John the Savage
    John the Savage
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 956
    Oh come now.... there have been far worse events.

• Demopans
    Demopans
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 132

@Bradbunch1234 said:
    I play war commander myself. Just passing by to see if this is any better lol.

CtrlC+CtrlVGame

• Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

Uhm, I hardly played during the event and I cleared the store. Just saying. What were you using?

-Git Gud 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

FYI I was using 5 guardians of caring mks, and a paladin. Ranged from 5-10% per level 80 fleet hit. Sometimes when I was distracted I got 20%

-Git Gud 
  • SaffronSkies
    SaffronSkies
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 497
    Worst event? Not even close. There were strategies available to do them. Some have been shared as well. You have to wait to see what is the best strategy that people come up with. And then try to replicate the same. This isn't like xeno events where in you run head long into the fleets. Sure you take damage. That is a given in any event now. But with the right ships, that damage is minimized. It's always a good idea for you to watch any event first, see what strategies are there and then pick the one that works for you. And hit an appropriate level. I used enforcer and paladin. Hit mostly 70's and then moved to 80's when I was comfortable. And mine wasn't a complete mk5 set of fleets either. My pal is only an mk4. 
  • Harry Dresden
    Harry Dresden
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 260

Event was fine ...it was a challenge and good

The technical problems in the event was total bullshit

• Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 252

there is a strategey to minimize damage. Prefered it when there was a strategy to totally negate any damage. but hey whatever.

5 guardians and a paladin, my best was 3% damage. But youv'e only got to make a tiny mistake and its 10%.

• Harry Dresden
    Harry Dresden
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 260

I used random stuff my paladin only died at the opening of the event. When it crashed no coins and I got the **** and some prizes.

An entire day should have been added due to the fuggup on their end.

I even used iron star fleets to kill some smaller fleets to trigger the base hits.

• SpikeBot96
    SpikeBot96
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 28
    its back to the grind, I think most of us have forgotten how to do that or don't want to spend the time so....
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,843
    There was nothing wrong with the event itself, the ship is just overpowered.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece