Pre-Raid Resource Tips

Templar614
Templar614
Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,973
edited 11 Jan 2018, 12:17AM
As raid time approaches, the usual topics will start to show up, so I am going to try and help out with a recent pain point that has had many complaints as of late. The availability of Titanium, Uranium, and Base Parts during raid time.

First things first, like it or not, resource management is part of strategy games. You need to use your resources as efficiently as possible in times that they are scarce to avoid down time. Titanium, Uranium, and Base Parts are limited in their availability during raids. With two of the three not having a practical route to procure at all. And with the removal of the Zoe's MoW fleets, there isn't much of a route to obtaining Uranium now either.

That said, here are some things you can do to prepare for raid time shortages and make your supplies last:.
  1. Max out your warehouses before the raid starts. This should be pretty obvious to anyone who has played through a full raid. Starting with a full hoard gives you more wiggle room. You can afford to be less frugal if you have a larger stash to work with. You know how much of each you of the three you will have at the start, so may as well max it out.
  2. Start resource heavy builds pre-raid and fill up again. Avoid starting a turret upgrade mid raid. That is a massively resource intensive process that will eat through half of your Uranium supply by itself. Try to start things like that pre-raid when you have time to top off again. Same with the Conquest Yard. Start a build that will go into the event a little ways. It gives you time to earn points, and plan out what you want to do for the remainder of the raid.
  3. Roll for your Rouge Crews early. Again, this can be a hefty Uranium sink depending on how many and what rarity crews you are willing to accept. Roll ahead of time, stock up on what you think you need, and fill back up on Uranium before the raid starts.
  4. Expeditions are your new friend. It has been confirmed that Expeditions will be enabled during raids. This is a great way to get trickles of the resources you want. With the extended time between "deliveries" it might be a good idea to start the night before the raid so you can time the drop offs a day or so in. That way you have some time to use what you have and make room for the returning payout. Best part is you won't need an Assault or Skirmish fleet during the raid, so may as well have them doing something.
  5. Reinforced Chests. These guys can be stacked. You can hold as many as you want. They also contain both Base Parts and Uranium pretty regularly. They make a great mid raid top off if you need it. Obviously there is some degree of RNG in the payouts, so the more chests you have on hand, the more likely you are to get the resources you need/want before running out. This point may not be as applicable this raid since it starts in just a couple days. But hey, 3 chests saved up could be all you need.
  6. Forsaken Mission chests also contain Uranium, so if you don't have an immediate need for the tokens they can be helpful in a pinch as well. Again, probably not all that applicable to the January raid, but worth keeping in mind for future use.
  7. All three of the limited resources will probably return to some degree as raid prizes. Redeemable for some amount of points. Personally, they are quite expensive and I would rather spend my points elsewhere, but if you absolutely have to have them, there will likely be some available.
  8. Uranium is awarded for achieving various point totals during the raid. By reaching 10 million points you will have been able to accumulate 37,300 Uranium this way.
The point of this thread isn't to debate one way or the other of the availability of Titanium/Base Parts/Uranium during raid time, it is simply some advice on how to make what you have last for 4 days.

If you have any other tips that I missed please let me know and I will add them.
  • ZERO aka Jack
    ZERO aka Jack
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 445
    Either retrofit a hull or do older tech retrofits that use a lot less uranium.
    Consider recycling a few walls or older hulls if desperate for resources.
  • SayItHowItIs88
    SayItHowItIs88
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 45

>

Very good tips there in your post. That being said, it would seem that Kixeye is punishing the players by removing the MOW's. There is NO OTHER explanation for their removal. For YEARS the MOW's have been there to help us with Uranium. The players ASKED for a way to obtain Titanium during raids. Kixeye's answer after the players begged for this ability was to REMOVE the MOW's. This is NOT arbitrary. I feel this is another swipe at the players because they weren't happy about the requests. I find it extremely unfortunate that they decided this was the answer. It's just a request by the players-why turn this into a punishment? 

There is one reason and one reason only as to why I disliked this threat. What you have said covered it... Take something away that people could do for free so that you can put it in the prize pool to charge people... Unacceptable... This company is trying to drain every last penny out of people why they still can...

• The Qing
    The Qing
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,513

tbh, uranium should not be a problem for people now that kixeye has set the precedent that they will remove MoWs from the raid. By now you should have saved all your daily chests in anticipation that the raid will no longer have uranium halfway through. even with just 5-10 daily chests (assuming you only do reaver tide), you can easily survive the raid with uranium to spare.

Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    Expeditions are your new friend. It has been confirmed that Expeditions will be enabled during raids. This is a great way to get trickles of the resources you want. With the extended time between "deliveries" it might be a good idea to start the night before the raid so you can time the drop offs a day or so in. That way you have some time to use what you have and make room for the returning payout. Best part is you won't need an Assault or Skirmish fleet during the raid, so may as well have them doing something.

The point of this thread isn't to debate one way or the other of the availability of Titanium/Base Parts/Uranium during raid time, it is simply some advice on how to make what you have last for 4 days.

If you have any other tips that I missed please let me know and I will add them.
    The one disagreement i have here is that the uranium and titanium payout are much too small and need to be brought up to within standards of the base parts expedition, and i'm not saying that they should offer over half million resource of uranium and titanium, but somewhere within 50k to 100k for those 2 resources during raid weeks.
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    wolf123 said:
    Expeditions are your new friend. It has been confirmed that Expeditions will be enabled during raids. This is a great way to get trickles of the resources you want. With the extended time between "deliveries" it might be a good idea to start the night before the raid so you can time the drop offs a day or so in. That way you have some time to use what you have and make room for the returning payout. Best part is you won't need an Assault or Skirmish fleet during the raid, so may as well have them doing something.

The one disagreement i have here is that the uranium and titanium payout are much too small and need to be brought up to within standards of the base parts expedition, and i'm not saying that they should offer over half million resource of uranium and titanium, but somewhere within 50k to 100k for those 2 resources during raid weeks.
    Im givin this one to Templar.

Yes the payout are low and need to be reviewed upward, but little is better then none at all and those flt are idle for 4 days.
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 547
    Nice useful post Templar.
    Level 119

I don't hit bases too often (not worth the cost)
    Been playing a long time. 
    Generally in sector 210...wait 24...nope..45...
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218

1. Roll for your Rouge Crews early. Again, this can be a hefty Uranium sink depending on how many and what rarity crews you are willing to accept. Roll ahead of time, stock up on what you think you need, and fill back up on Uranium before the raid starts.
    2. Expeditions are your new friend. It has been confirmed that Expeditions will be enabled during raids. This is a great way to get trickles of the resources you want. With the extended time between "deliveries" it might be a good idea to start the night before the raid so you can time the drop offs a day or so in. That way you have some time to use what you have and make room for the returning payout. Best part is you won't need an Assault or Skirmish fleet during the raid, so may as well have them doing something.
    3. All three of the limited resources will probably return to some degree as raid prizes. Redeemable for some amount of points. Personally, they are quite expensive and I would rather spend my points elsewhere, but if you absolutely have to have them, there will likely be some available.
    4. Uranium is awarded for achieving various point totals during the raid. By reaching 10 million points you will have been able to accumulate 37,300 Uranium this way.
    rolling crews was something done during raids because the uranium was reasonably obtainable rolling ahead of time or after the fact doesn't solve any issues because the manowars were one of the few reasonable ways to get uranium the other being drac u bases which are disabled during raids

the expeditions are a complete joke, you get like 2000 resources after waiting like 2 days for your fleet to come back were you can get well over 25k resources of any given type in like 2 mins with normal targets

the price tag for the amount of resources gained from the prize list is laughable need to either drop a 0 on the price or add a 0 to the amount gained

the uranium gained from the points earned in the raid are still terrible, but its getting worse and worse as the amount isn't going up with the retrofit price inflation
  • Templar614
    Templar614

1. Roll for your Rouge Crews early. Again, this can be a hefty Uranium sink depending on how many and what rarity crews you are willing to accept. Roll ahead of time, stock up on what you think you need, and fill back up on Uranium before the raid starts.
    2. Expeditions are your new friend. It has been confirmed that Expeditions will be enabled during raids. This is a great way to get trickles of the resources you want. With the extended time between "deliveries" it might be a good idea to start the night before the raid so you can time the drop offs a day or so in. That way you have some time to use what you have and make room for the returning payout. Best part is you won't need an Assault or Skirmish fleet during the raid, so may as well have them doing something.
    3. All three of the limited resources will probably return to some degree as raid prizes. Redeemable for some amount of points. Personally, they are quite expensive and I would rather spend my points elsewhere, but if you absolutely have to have them, there will likely be some available.
    4. Uranium is awarded for achieving various point totals during the raid. By reaching 10 million points you will have been able to accumulate 37,300 Uranium this way.
    rolling crews was something done during raids because the uranium was reasonably obtainable rolling ahead of time or after the fact doesn't solve any issues because the manowars were one of the few reasonable ways to get uranium the other being drac u bases which are disabled during raids

the expeditions are a complete joke, you get like 2000 resources after waiting like 2 days for your fleet to come back were you can get well over 25k resources of any given type in like 2 mins with normal targets

the price tag for the amount of resources gained from the prize list is laughable need to either drop a 0 on the price or add a 0 to the amount gained

the uranium gained from the points earned in the raid are still terrible, but its getting worse and worse as the amount isn't going up with the retrofit price inflation
    You missed the entire point of the thread....

I am not debating the merits of resource acquisition during raid time, I am providing ways to conserve your resources to prevent down time.

Rolling for crews during the raid was great when there was a stable source for Uranium. That source has been removed, so rolling for crews is going to chew up your resources.

Expeditions are a source of the limited resources. The payouts may not be that great when compared to map targets outside of the raid, but during the raid when there are aren't any targets they are quite appealing. I will have my Fang fleet docking with ~40k uranium in a little over 2 days. That sounds like a reasonable source to me considering I won't have any other use for the fleet over that time.

I agree the price tag is high, but if you are out and need a boost for whatever reason, it is there.

Again, the Uranium awarded from the checkpoints is still better than nothing.

• smartynwa
    smartynwa
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 170
    What a great idea.  To bad a lot of us can't load the game.  Thanks for nothing Kixeye.  

• Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218

I am not debating the merits of resource acquisition during raid time, I am providing ways to conserve your resources to prevent down time.

Rolling for crews during the raid was great when there was a stable source for Uranium. That source has been removed, so rolling for crews is going to chew up your resources.

Expeditions are a source of the limited resources. The payouts may not be that great when compared to map targets outside of the raid, but during the raid when there are aren't any targets they are quite appealing. I will have my Fang fleet docking with ~40k uranium in a little over 2 days. That sounds like a reasonable source to me considering I won't have any other use for the fleet over that time.

I agree the price tag is high, but if you are out and need a boost for whatever reason, it is there.

how are you managing 40k uranium in 2 days from expeditions they pay out like 2000 of uranium or 2000 titanium or 10000 base parts for 2-3 days worth of time
  • kennethtancy
    kennethtancy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 300
    ok i see diff stats on my cards.

for Uranium and Titanium its 2000 and at 500% over 2-4days its 10k... not awesome by any stretch but since fleets are doing nothing and will come back 100% repaired... its a small resource over raid period.

for baseparts is a bit more decent at 100K+ and with 500%, its a cool half a million baseparts over the raid.... only concern would be it uses simmilar siege fleets as raid, so it must be a spare fleet used over the period.
    Kenneth _T
  • SantaCruz-LOW
    SantaCruz-LOW
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 141
    Well all that is fine and we do stock up on everything and overstock wh's where we can but since we can use Titanium to build base hitters now you really ought to increase the storage capacity.  Its the only resource we have had absolutely no increase in since it was introduced.
  • klington
    klington
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 871
    Expeditions are your new friend. It has been confirmed that Expeditions will be enabled during raids. This is a great way to get trickles of the resources you want. With the extended time between "deliveries" it might be a good idea to start the night before the raid so you can time the drop offs a day or so in. That way you have some time to use what you have and make room for the returning payout. Best part is you won't

All my expeditions STOPPED when raid start. Why?
  • Templar614
    Templar614

how are you managing 40k uranium in 2 days from expeditions they pay out like 2000 of uranium or 2000 titanium or 10000 base parts for 2-3 days worth of time
    Had a 9k card and took 1% damage. So the first drop off is 9k + 9k x 5 = 54k. I believe the original return timer was 5 days? But I did well enough for it to be about 2 1/2.

And to me, that is a pretty decent payout mid raid considering the fleet isn't being used for anything.