Kixeye. I know you are trying to help the little guys out there and the only way to do that is the following.
1) Reput the banners up into the game. I know this sounds weird, but some of us big fellows would like to know when some of the events are coming and going.
2) Redoing the Planet Strike's & Sector Strike's point system. I liked the old version of the Planet Strike's point system and the new one is worse than then and it is like the Sector Strike's point system. The continuation of the point system from the Planet Strike's points to the Sector Strike's point system would be advised even tho it is hard to know when they are going to be going on as stated above.
3) Giving the ships that were faster before the revamps the speed that they need after it. As stated in an ex-vega player Mani-gaming once said "The destiny crusier used to be faster." The speed is needed for the game to take out the newer tech.
4) Adding newer tech for older factions. With all of the better things comming out you might want to do newer better tech that is researchable for the ones that dont have the new good blueprints. The blueprints might be based on base level or the level 1 or 5(I&V) tech that is already researchable.
5) Lowering the prices in the coin shop. The prices are too high and probably would need to come down to between 1 and 5 Us dollars.(0.83 to4.15 euros, 5 to 20 russian rubles).
6) Balencing out the newer tech to be on the same level as each other. this will help by not letting the old tech be weaker against newer tech.
7) Have the old Rebel tech be void resistant. This improvement will not be costly because the fleets in the planets are void resistant aswell.
These changes will help the player base community and help imroved android & ios readings and will get many players back