Turrets re-balance , sucks

Sarkis 2
Sarkis 2
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 599
the turret re-balance just made every EVERY unit useless 
all air will down before reaching to a hunter missile 
and no non-unique air can be used
(do you even believe that a player will put his hunter in an open area so you can kill it with fury ?!!!)
rail launcher kill every tank in 2 or 1 shot !!
no infantry can be used , avalanche smash it before even reaching !!
and full and online base is impossible to be killed with less than 2 or 3 days repair 

the strategy guys show me how you kill a rail launcher with liberator in a full base 
or hunter with furies 
RFT admin

• Sarkis 2
    Sarkis 2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 599
    You must learn better plan.. this is war and strategy game so every time must learn new things. Railgun and hunter not have splash radius anymore so that help lot and yes fury can kill hunter but not alone.

Have nice day :)

i tried , nothing works 
    RFT admin

• YamYam77
    YamYam77
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,440
    toon of phalanx spread apart with its electric running in pvp works pretty well. Bang jugg in the centre so online players are trying to kill that while you spread the phalanx out then retreat the jugg
  • Versin Getorix
    Versin Getorix
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 21
    yes, turrets are more effective. But my air isn't useless.....I just had to adjust my strategy.  No big deal. It is, after all...a strategy game. 

• Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 1,040
    edited 29 Dec 2017, 12:59PM
    in old times turrets were  actually killing units
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 2,329
    in old times turrets were  actually killing units
    In old times turrets were limited to 479 range, units were limited to 475 rage, & you couldn't remove all the walls from your base...
  • Pip Pasadran
    Pip Pasadran
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 8
    Kixeye really took it to far with this update. Think about it. Avalanche, rail and hunter essentially covers all the types of attack you could use. Infantry or swarming units? Avalanche. Heavies like Ardra or caretaker? Rail screws em. Ok then how about air like Titans or Sandstorms? Oh wait the Hunter shoots them down faster than my hopes and dreams. Theres no strategy with this holy trifecta of turrets, only Kixeye Gold™.
  • kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 755
    Hint for using furies:  If you are using the right faction, a single fury will easily last long enough to take down a hunter missile that isn't protected, and usually can take down one even if it is.

Really, this is not a rant about it being a bad update, this is a rant about having to actually figure out a strategy and not just hit Rubi and doze off.
  • Pip Pasadran
    Pip Pasadran
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 8
    edited 29 Dec 2017, 2:08PM
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921 said:
    Hint for using furies:  If you are using the right faction, a single fury will easily last long enough to take down a hunter missile that isn't protected, and usually can take down one even if it is.

Really, this is not a rant about it being a bad update, this is a rant about having to actually figure out a strategy and not just hit Rubi and doze off.
    People aren't angry that we can't take down Hunter turrets. Its that only one unit can be used to take down a base. The fact that theres only a single viable option (not even very viable if you use mostly sentinel units) and no base will have an unprotected hunter. Liberators, Technicals and Hades will tear down multiple furies for a single Hunter.

Edit: Hell the fact that theres only a single way to attack a Hunter is exact opposite of what strategy should be. Its about options, not having to grind a single unit so you can get rid of a single turret
  • ON FIRE
    ON FIRE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 272
    KIXEYE PEMAI
  • aquadealer
    aquadealer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 338
    You must learn better plan.. this is war and strategy game so every time must learn new things. Railgun and hunter not have splash radius anymore so that help lot and yes fury can kill hunter but not alone.

Why dont you come show me the new things you learned buttercup.  These new turret rebalance are total nonsense nothing but an attempted money grab that just puts another nail in the war commander coffin.
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 1,154

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !!!!    A fury wont even make the hunter , hell 2 or 3 furys wont make the hunter in a half tidy base, let alone kill it.  

Im happy, its finished off pvp so no need to coin anymore. just log on, do a bit of free farming, log off.   Best update ever !!  
  • kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 755
    Despite thinking that somehow you are superior because I play somewhat defensively (oh noes, he called me a turtle!)  I will reply civilly.

No, you can't one-shot a Fury if the player gets the Corpus bonuses no matter ow powerful that shot is.  There is a maximum percentage one shot can do to a corpus unit as long as only corpus units are deployed by corpus players.  So first shot can take out its drone, second shot does some damage, and eventually you can take it down.  If you have overwhelming numbers of defenders, obviously it changes the balance; but then it should, shouldn't it?

Not saying furies are insta-win but obviously it's a piece of the puzzle.  I am not expecting to go in and overwhelm someone's base without effort or repairs, because I am not a griefer or a child.  If I have to attack someone it should be possible to win, unless I am up against someone vastly lower than me -- and why would I ever need to attack a level 20 or someone who is just sitting there peacefully?

• Commodore_Leviticus
    Commodore_Leviticus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 477
    corpus master faction
    Your User ID is: 2939780
  • Trigger_Happy1980
    Trigger_Happy1980
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 14
    I don't think this update it that bad. You just need to think about your attack  
  • IronCorps
    IronCorps
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,000

Why dont you come show me the new things you learned buttercup.  These new turret rebalance are total nonsense nothing but an attempted money grab that just puts another nail in the war commander coffin.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !!!!    A fury wont even make the hunter , **** 2 or 3 furys wont make the hunter in a half tidy base, let alone kill it.  

Im happy, its finished off pvp so no need to coin anymore. just log on, do a bit of free farming, log off.   Best update ever !!  

@xxCroftYxx said:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !!!!    A fury wont even make the hunter , **** 2 or 3 furys wont make the hunter in a half tidy base, let alone kill it.  

+100000000000000

I love the turtles..... you can easily spot a turtle..... they use two words that will always rebel their nature

Strategy
    RUBI

Go ahead and come to my base and try getting furies in on my heavy turrets....I will just laugh and laugh and laugh

Drakons out of a stronghold have over 700 range and 1 shot furies basically

This update was moronic at best and yet another example of the community telling Wrong Thinker he is wrong and him giving us the middle finger and doing it anyway

I am just being a farmer now.....PvP lost a lorry of luster for me

You love turtles? I love whiners. ;)

Every time they change the game, its always the same people crying. Suck it up buttercup.
  • vegas 007
    vegas 007
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 137
    spash a wall or building with the jugg... hit anti air with ground and antiground with air
  • YamYam77
    YamYam77
    Incursion Leader
    vegas 007 said:
    spash a wall or building with the jugg... hit anti air with ground and antiground with air
    Think you need to hit some high level bases. Most of us dont use many walls as a way to counteract the jugg and simply saying hit anti air with ground and vice versa is laughable as we protect 1 with the other. By the time you've hit a building with your jugg you're in range of everything that can rip your jugg apart easily
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    vegas 007 said:
    Wish I had thought of that, sounds so simple !   loooool
  • TruthHurtsRealBad
    TruthHurtsRealBad
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 69

@IronCorps said:
    aquadealer said:

**** Angel said:

xxCroftYxx said:

TruthHurtsRealBad said:

@xxCroftYxx said:

+100000000000000

I love the turtles..... you can easily spot a turtle..... they use two words that will always rebel their nature

Strategy

RUBI

Go ahead and come to my base and try getting furies in on my heavy turrets....I will just laugh and laugh and laugh

Drakons out of a stronghold have over 700 range and 1 shot furies basically

This update was moronic at best and yet another example of the community telling Wrong Thinker he is wrong and him giving us the middle finger and doing it anyway

I am just being a farmer now.....PvP lost a lorry of luster for me

You love turtles? I love whiners. ;)

Every time they change the game, its always the same people crying. Suck it up buttercup.

Have you fixed all you're units from when you attacked Crofty for 23% yet

Your opinion became completely irrelevant that day

Now go away and learn how to hit a base nooby

• paul.gauthier.71271
    paul.gauthier.71271
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 41
    you guys ever heard of missiles? maverick? ring a bell?
  • TruthHurtsRealBad
    TruthHurtsRealBad
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 69

@paul.gauthier.71271 said:
    you guys ever heard of missiles? maverick? ring a bell?

Have you ever heard of a missile bastion?

Ring a bell?

I run one and it's perfectly hidden 24 hours a day

• YamYam77
    YamYam77
    Incursion Leader
    vegas 007 said:
    Wish I had thought of that, sounds so simple !   loooool
    He's got 100 infamy so clearly a  dead base farmer lmao
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 594
    Whine, whine, whine, that's all you babies do. Suck it up and play, or just go play another game. Honestly if you babies learned to use something other than a f*cking Herald, this update is barely anything. Oh but I bet some crybaby is going to call me a turtle for saying this, oh I'm so scared!
    (Death Metal Playing In The Background)
    War Commander: Level 43
    Vega Conflict: Level 65
    Battle Pirates: Who cares?

• FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    Seriously, I remember back in the day a misclick could cost you a whole squad of EHF because you targeted the wrong turret or wall in a thorium deposit. (Anyone remember those?) When that happened, I didn't cry, I stood up and admitted I was bested. Player bases were the same f*cking way. That as before heavy turrets even existed, and standard turrets actualy did a decent job. You're complaining about 4 turrets that can actually waste your units? Back then we had like 8 or 9 to worry about.

• xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    Whine, whine, whine, that's all you babies do. Suck it up and play, or just go play another game. Honestly if you babies learned to use something other than a f*cking Herald, this update is barely anything. Oh but I bet some crybaby is going to call me a turtle for saying this, oh I'm so scared!
    back then you lost a whole toon of ehf and had 5 hrs repair. you could micro heal them and be back in the game in 5 mins. Now you miss click and end up with 30 hrs repair due to some overpowered turrets.  Way different ballgame.
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    back then you lost a whole toon of ehf and had 5 hrs repair. you could micro heal them and be back in the game in 5 mins. Now you miss click and end up with 30 hrs repair due to some overpowered turrets.  Way different ballgame.
    Point is, which I made in a subsequent comment, more effective turrets (e.i, more turrets that did effective damage) made the possibility of a devastating misclick much more possible. Nowadays if the turret isn't heavy, and is anything but an Avalanche, I just think "Oh good, a place to target my Juggernaut/Vindicators/Anything really. Most of 'em are basically about as effective as the Machine Gun turret was just... sad. 

I'm not complaining, because to be fair... well, why would I? But the point is, we need some effective turrets in the game at least or otherwise what's the point in even investing in them? And the power creep was beginning to take a noticeable toll on the Heavy Turrets. Sure they could add more levels, but then you have to ask yourselves, do you really wanna grind more resources and thorium to feed the research, or would you rather just take the buff and save yourselves the annoyance and the grind?

The problem the Herald was causing was that for anything but PvE, defense was almost not even worth bothering with. You could have maxed turrets, heavy turrets, even a f*ck ton of support turrets and they'd still not be enough. Defense was being so far overlooked by players as a result, defensive waves in events are optional now. (Granted, that's not entirely because of the Herald, but also because of Kixeye's unit spamming and the general power creep of the game.)

In addition, I find the panic over the turret rebalance to be completely ridiculous. I've barely even had to tweak my playstyle so far. If anything, attacking Rail Launchers seem to be even less risky than before. And my experience with the Hunter Missile turrets is fairly the same... approach with caution.

Example: I was trying out the new Shadow Ops 70s, and was baiting units with Technicals to kill them. I strayed to close to the western Rail Launcher and the shot it fired, which previously would have killed a bunch of my Techs, only killed one. I barely even groaned.

Additionally I'll admit my own bias. I'm a Corpus player, and I almost exclusively use my Furies and Nyx as a go-to air attack. Meaning the new Hunters barely even affect me. Actually, I'm greatly benefitting from this rebalance admittedly. Nyx's zombie tech also provides me a couple extra possibilities for attack strategies. Same with Rail Launcher, this rebalance actually improves my usual strategies for dealing with them. But then that just boils down to the fact that, it's all in your play style. As on the other end, the rebalanced Heavy Flak is now a little more noteworthy. Overwatch is just... Overwatch. Same as usual to me. And finally, I don't have much of an opinion on the 10th Avalanche level. +25 range, neat I guess.

I do see your point in that PvP may become more tricky these days, Crofty. In fact I agree that, in some regards, it probably will be. But on the other hand knowing Kixeye, they'll pump out another OP unit and we'll be back to the opposite of this argument... after having plenty of fun eviscerating people with it lol. I've played this game for quite a while, it's kind of a cycle with these guys.

• J11 Silver
    J11 Silver
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 126

I really think rebalance was more for kix then the players but it did bring back some resemblance of strategy

P.O.N.R
  • xxCroftYxx
    xxCroftYxx
    Incursion Leader
    Point is, which I made in a subsequent comment, more effective turrets (e.i, more turrets that did effective damage) made the possibility of a devastating misclick much more possible. Nowadays if the turret isn't heavy, and is anything but an Avalanche, I just think "Oh good, a place to target my Juggernaut/Vindicators/Anything really. Most of 'em are basically about as effective as the Machine Gun turret was just... sad. 

I'm not complaining, because to be fair... well, why would I? But the point is, we need some effective turrets in the game at least or otherwise what's the point in even investing in them? And the power creep was beginning to take a noticeable toll on the Heavy Turrets. Sure they could add more levels, but then you have to ask yourselves, do you really wanna grind more resources and thorium to feed the research, or would you rather just take the buff and save yourselves the annoyance and the grind?

The problem the Herald was causing was that for anything but PvE, defense was almost not even worth bothering with. You could have maxed turrets, heavy turrets, even a f*ck ton of support turrets and they'd still not be enough. Defense was being so far overlooked by players as a result, defensive waves in events are optional now. (Granted, that's not entirely because of the Herald, but also because of Kixeye's unit spamming and the general power creep of the game.)

In addition, I find the panic over the turret rebalance to be completely ridiculous. I've barely even had to tweak my playstyle so far. If anything, attacking Rail Launchers seem to be even less risky than before. And my experience with the Hunter Missile turrets is fairly the same... approach with caution.

Example: I was trying out the new Shadow Ops 70s, and was baiting units with Technicals to kill them. I strayed to close to the western Rail Launcher and the shot it fired, which previously would have killed a bunch of my Techs, only killed one. I barely even groaned.

Additionally I'll admit my own bias. I'm a Corpus player, and I almost exclusively use my Furies and Nyx as a go-to air attack. Meaning the new Hunters barely even affect me. Actually, I'm greatly benefitting from this rebalance admittedly. Nyx's zombie tech also provides me a couple extra possibilities for attack strategies. Same with Rail Launcher, this rebalance actually improves my usual strategies for dealing with them. But then that just boils down to the fact that, it's all in your play style. As on the other end, the rebalanced Heavy Flak is now a little more noteworthy. Overwatch is just... Overwatch. Same as usual to me. And finally, I don't have much of an opinion on the 10th Avalanche level. +25 range, neat I guess.

I do see your point in that PvP may become more tricky these days, Crofty. In fact I agree that, in some regards, it probably will be. But on the other hand knowing Kixeye, they'll pump out another OP unit and we'll be back to the opposite of this argument... after having plenty of fun eviscerating people with it lol. I've played this game for quite a while, it's kind of a cycle with these guys.
    Pretty much all of us who have complained in forum posts are complaining because of the impact these changes have made to PvP not Pve. I agree our basic turret is a lot less effective than it was a few years ago, but the base toon is a huge amount more effective and has considerable buffs these days. Unlike Pve where you have loads of time and multiple toons, PvP has a very limited window and usually 1 toon.  PvP was already a lot harder due to techs and support turrets, now it has just jumped up 10 notches !