What a Concentrated Mess the Crafting Event Is

Got No Coin
Got No Coin
Strike-force Captain
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 710
Six sectors are using three Harvester spawn sites in the forsaken sector.

Maybe this was fine when there were a reasonable number of galaxies. But now there isn't. We're all crammed into three. It is a fricken mess of misclicks with 20+ fleets trying to get 5 co-op harvestors each spawn and another 25 cargo fleets getting in the way.

There should be one spawning site for each sector due to the high concentration of players.

Get er done.
  • Time Manager
    Time Manager
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 152

Can't even dream of hitting harvesters right now. All 3 spawn points are smothered in javelins.

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963
    The javelins arent a problem in our sector. They sit to the side. Its the constant missclicks locking fleets in unwanted combat. Its like under a seconds window to get a slot at a harvester so people click like mad.
  • Seardluin
    Seardluin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 269
    Kixeye: "Not enough spawns and players complaining??? Working as intended"
    Sarcasm is implied where you think it is implied.

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 957
    I heard they are planning to make a separate Forsaken Sector that you can only access by being VIP level 10 ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )

Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Jeremy Adamson
    Jeremy Adamson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 136

@CM Chris ,25k for a lvl 80 blitz reaper? Really? Why can't you guys make these events possible? A lvl 80 blitz reaper paid almost a hundred thousand less than a month ago. What makes this ok?

• Pugdog
    Pugdog
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 101
    Kixeye was completely caught off guard by players actually wanting to play some of their content

ha ha yea
  • Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Strike-force Captain
    To see a positive
    reply will catch us all quite off guard.
  • Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 728
    Six sectors are using three Harvester spawn sites in the forsaken sector.

Maybe this was fine when there were a reasonable number of galaxies. But now there isn't. We're all crammed into three. It is a fricken mess of misclicks with 20+ fleets trying to get 5 co-op harvestors each spawn and another 25 cargo fleets getting in the way.

There should be one spawning site for each sector due to the high concentration of players.

Get er done.
    yup too many clustered int one area. What are you going to do about this Kixeye? It's pure and simple BS. How about going back to the way it was before, where it actually worked spawning from the regular wormholes in each sector. This cluster of a mess is plain, and simple, laziness creating one wormhole for all harvesters and then we all knew this was going to happens when you cram everyone into 3 galaxies and expect the game to run as intended. There is no way in hell, I'm gonna send my fleets in that hole and get hammered by any rival group in there, and theirs a lot of them. They're all fighting over the harvesters where I'm at it looks like a bad idea. Each sector should have a designated spot of spawn and so everyone can participate that is able too, Think before you act kixeye makes a business look like fools, when this isn't implemented correctly. Would be nice if the CO-OPS harvesters where not so high level also maybe start with 65 level harvesters that are non coop or coop needs further implemented more fleets less difficulty, and up to 85 because those 90's are way too OP, if there the same as the denomination events one i wouldn't know. I'm not gonna waste my time with them nether after getting my fleets busted up during last event trying a 70-80 harvester and 2 coop harvesters lol the 70s weren't bad but needed more spawns to make it worthwhile (plus Intel payout increase for damage taken) otherwise players never had enough time to hit many before going down for major repairs. time to play another app or watch a movie cuz i had enough of this tonight lol.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Also the Harvesters are way too easy
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Mork from Ork
    Mork from Ork
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 111
    edited 27 Dec 2017, 1:17AM
    No they aren't, unless you are a coiner with a mega fleet and everything Mked up. My unMk'ed fleet melts...I make it out with 4 or 5 hours repairs @ 1/4 the points translates to 20 hours of repairs...no, they aren't too easy....pffft
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    No they aren't, unless you are a coiner with a mega fleet and everything Mked up. My unMk'ed fleet melts...I make it out with 4 or 5 hours repairs @ 1/4 the points translates to 20 hours of repairs...no, they aren't too easy....pffft
    What sector cluster are you in, and what ships are you using? You are doing them Co-op right? I'm using a fleet of marked up vindies (not fully marked up) and a friend is using marked up guardians (also not fully marked up) and we are getting 2-3% damage per harvester. You are using tier 6+ ships, right?

• Time Manager
    Time Manager
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 152

It died down a little. Turns out almost everyone has public assistance on as well. I've joined a few people for harvesters and it's actually been fun to coop with random, especially with good players waiting to kill harvesters.

I am so conflicted now about my earlier post.

• Mork from Ork
    Mork from Ork
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 27 Dec 2017, 2:10AM
    Punishers with Paladin. And Im only assuming Ill get that much damage again,,,if someone else doesn't misclick on me or vice versa...the whole thing is ridiculous. I'm out until it gets fixed. (other acct) Put stupid harmonic shields....huge mistake! Huge build time and huge repair time :/
    This acct is good to go...but I'll wait and see if anything actually gets done by around midnight. lol
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Punishers with Paladin. And Im only assuming Ill get that much damage again,,,if someone else doesn't misclick on me or vice versa...the whole thing is ridiculous. I'm out until it gets fixed. (other acct) Put stupid harmonic shields....huge mistake! Huge build time and huge repair time :/
    This acct is good to go...but I'll wait and see if anything actually gets done by around midnight. lol
    What needs to be fixed? And were you doing the Harvesters on your own? I don't know why you would take so much more damage

• Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain

I simply won't do Harvesters until they lower The Fleets level and damage because from what I've experienced they are way too powerful for one player to take one kicks I turned around and overpowered them for a single player to take one and get decent damage nowadays they're way too over powerful for one player back in the day you could hit one with a player get maybe 1 to 3 hours of damage per Harvester and hit many of them before you went down for repair. So the Tactical kixeye has reversed it's now take massive repair either a wait for repairs or B coin repair and I'm not spending s*** on this game because I've already invested my time and harder and earned money in this app I will not do that again. They lost many to this exact same mistake that they made. I do not see a positive turnout near future if things keep going the way they go. I will wait out till they change levels and difficulty of the Harvesters.

• VVulty
    VVulty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 97

We should be grateful for Holidays and no one at Kixeye's office to buff thus fleets beyond reason.
    Thanks God for Christmas:)
    Hallelujah!

• Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Strike-force Captain

I simply won't do Harvesters until they lower The Fleets level and damage because from what I've experienced they are way too powerful for one player to take one kicks I turned around and overpowered them for a single player to take one and get decent damage nowadays they're way too over powerful for one player back in the day you could hit one with a player get maybe 1 to 3 hours of damage per Harvester and hit many of them before you went down for repair. So the Tactical kixeye has reversed it's now take massive repair either a wait for repairs or B coin repair and I'm not spending s*** on this game because I've already invested my time and harder and earned money in this app I will not do that again. They lost many to this exact same mistake that they made. I do not see a positive turnout near future if things keep going the way they go. I will wait out till they change levels and difficulty of the Harvesters.

You must have some really poor fleets.

You can do Harvesters with low level Punishers and get 1 - 3% damage. It will never be better than that.
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801

@CM Chris ,25k for a lvl 80 blitz reaper? Really? Why can't you guys make these events possible? A lvl 80 blitz reaper paid almost a hundred thousand less than a month ago. What makes this ok?

Well, there is the massive reduction in prize costs too, as well as this just being a crafting event, nothing major.
  • CptLocksley
    CptLocksley
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 126

The only fair way to spawn harvesters is random from planets, in each sector. Same as in other events in phase 3. Otherwise just don’t have them at all, clearly x3 spots only in the alien sector is a massive fail. The points payout are also a big fail, as in all your one day events! Supply runs a fail, random boxes really? Just annoys me Kix take good ideas like crafting events/supply runs which players want - and yet piss off the player base by ruining them!!

• Master Uxi
    Master Uxi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 279
    edited 27 Dec 2017, 5:37PM
    More wormholes in the alien sector never made sense.  Targets should spawn from the outposts, ideally of the same or similar level.  So 95 and 100 from 100.  They should also aggro more at least in the alien sector.  

It was pretty nuts, though.  I was still able to hit 3 but almost attacked a few other people more than once in the frenzy of clicks on spawning lol. 

Add some useful drops to the colony targets and they would get some action.  Exterminator and Liberator boxes, hello?!  I would have definitely gone for Paladin boxes... ahem.
  • Mork from Ork
    Mork from Ork
    Minor Nuisance
    Harmonic shields and zynth...lol Sorry. missed that. 32 hours to repair the destroyed fleet...jumpship NOT included...haha Refitting is time consuming and chore-like if you get time between the 8-12 day builds (WAY MORE if its squadrons and support fields on a carrier. My ship factory has been building ships almost non-stop for 4 years (give or take a bit). I have a lot of stuff (and blank hulls need refitting) but there is not enough time to make relevant fleets while refitting the irrelevant ones...know what I mean? We need a refit bay or even 2 to keep up with the needed refits, especially if you are an oldtimer (pre 5 million ID which is before I started, I'm 7.1M) repairs are crazy for them and blank hulls waaayyyy exceedwhat I got...lmfao XD
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,238
    I count eight spawn points in this iteration of the Colony sector, compared to three. Why not expand on this, so that 40 Harvesters can spawn instead of 15? Less crowding and more diversity in targets. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | ホワイトスネイク
  • Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Strike-force Captain
    Nice of Kix to add the additional spawning sites. Seems to be about one per sector. Better late than never. When you do the right thing, consider blowing your own horn.
  • Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 28 Dec 2017, 7:51PM

@Got No Coin said:
    Old School VC player said:

You must have some really poor fleets.

You can do Harvesters with low level Punishers and get 1 - 3% damage. It will never be better than that.

"You must be talking about "The old Harvester" Cuz I've tested the Ancient Harvester 70-80s and coop 90s, Last Dec Event, 70s i got cold hard facts from testing them.Facts are Facts tested though the event Average damage taken per player per fleet was 5%-10% minumal was 1 to 3 hrs average in my sector that is. IDK who the hell you think you are. If you think the new Harvesters are 'Easy" lol go head and hit them cuz bet they get buffed instead of DE buffed as you think, the new Harvesters running different setup I'll say yes they need De-buffing The New co-ops are pure n simple BS ;)."

• Jackilla
    Jackilla
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 34

@Mork from Ork said:
    Daniel Rose said:

They are actually not that hard, all you have to do is have 5 cruisers in a line and a cv, thats it. after you take care of the reapers, click on the harveater and turn auto on done. bear in mind though I'm talking about crafting event's reaper harvester 90 95 100. they are actually easier than the harvester 75 80 85. they did less dmg to your ships and give much more points.

The barrage harvester is quite hard and not really worth it. By the way I hit like many harvesters until I get almost all of the prices only lacks 10 enforcer mk V boxes with a paladin and 5 mk 2 guardians