Would you start using Eclipse Driver Turret or stick to using Storm Driver Turret?

Zero Calling Elite
Zero Calling Elite
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,601
edited 3 Jan 2018, 7:34AM
Xeno Eclipse Driver Turret will not be included in this poll.

However, if your choice is Xeno Eclipse Driver Turret, choose the first option(that says Eclipse Driver Turret) instead.
Zᴇʀᴏ Cᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɴᴏ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ VEGA Cᴏɴғʟɪᴄᴛ!

Would you start using Eclipse Driver Turret or stick to using Storm Driver Turret? 117 votes

Eclipse Driver Turret(including Heavy variant)
58%
Gladiator.LeeWar_PandaJunren-JSGrey WardenGot No CoinRyantheRedduane.farthingKristo58Archer.BLEwigkeit79Criminal Phillip BVshyva primeMaster of WarringRailunionplanetredKhushal64n6aldrockSbluepuryStar Platinumxand17 68 votes
Storm Driver Turret
14%
GDIAXDa SammyTimes have Changedmason.dixentreecatsHlias SchumacherTHE TURKTaishoarcanixDarth IroncladzxhahahahaFlamin HotKatoJCMSpongebob2017GxKPaul WelchpEmeralddeakers 17 votes
Still thinking
19%
Cyrus Leungscifimcloverautarch998Sergio MomessoLuc MelotteBatteryChuckerXX BAD XXPrincess RinaLee Van CleefDmitromonlyfuzzymorukkenChaserDonoMaster UxiSaladmanFireaeros97michaljarosCapsaicinFresh_075Sundashi Chen 23 votes
None.
3%
CHIACHIACHIALivn LernJames HoughtonMaster Baku 4 votes
Don't know/Can't decide
4%
Chrom-1Numero unoLegomastarSio SiosioPhantomRanger 5 votes
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963
    This poll is moot if you do not include Xeno Eclipse as an option considering that its superior to Heavy eclipse vs the same targets with the base level you will have when you fit either turret. Its also just 60k intel more in the current decimation. You already got the arguments for this in this linked thread where you claimed the Xeno Eclipse was useless and then decided to start a poll without it asking a mod to close the other thread when you ran out of arguments :P https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/721977
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    This poll is moot if you do not include Xeno Eclipse as an option considering that its superior to Heavy eclipse vs the same targets with the base level you will have when you fit either turret. Its also just 60k intel more in the current decimation. You already got the arguments for this in this linked thread where you claimed the Xeno Eclipse was useless and then decided to start a poll without it asking a mod to close the other thread when you ran out of arguments :P https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/721977

I do not wish to include Alien Damage type. I'll stick to Projectile. Now do not criticise any more.

• Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 494
    I have Take The Turret Eclipse IV ..... But i can't mount ?
    Someone else ave this problem ?
    Ex ... Mascotte Nova - Blog Vega in Italiano QUI
  • RyantheRed
    RyantheRed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 618
    edited 22 Dec 2017, 7:55PM
    Alien variant is somewhat superior now that the new xeno specials are out for bases
  • OnionD
    OnionD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 326

@Aletheides said:

Every baser fleet has 50% alien resistance so its useless.

• Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,238
    edited 22 Dec 2017, 8:13PM
    OnionD said:

@Aletheides said:

At least 40%, taking Xeno hulls into consideration. 

Plus, with hybrid resistance armors, it can hit close to 70%.
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | ホワイトスネイク
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,238
    Alien variant is somewhat superior now that the new xeno specials are out for bases
    That may be true, but like I say, the high alien resistance from Xeno/AXIS ships makes it still moot. I've seen saying that XF Turrets have been added too late, which is September. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | ホワイトスネイク
  • MechaGhidorah
    MechaGhidorah
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 154

I'm fitting 3 of the heavies on my bridge right now. Hopefully they don't suck.

• DiabolicEsper
    DiabolicEsper
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 357

@OnionD said:

@Aletheides said:

Does that honestly matter when A decoy with nothing but Projectile Resistors and PrAl armor take more damage from alien damage types rather than Projectile at that point

• RyantheRed
    RyantheRed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 618
    That may be true, but like I say, the high alien resistance from Xeno/AXIS ships makes it still moot. I've seen saying that XF Turrets have been added too late, which is September. 
    Most baser fleets now have 50% projectile resistance due to harmonic siege if not more due to PRAL
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Sexy Foxy said:
    Mounts fine for me so you must be lacking armslab 12 as already mentioned.

@willyster What your personal preferencees are is irrelevant. If you make a poll asking the general public then they should be able to give you a truthful answer instead of being forced into your personal narrative.

I have already said what I have to. I told you that you could ask SEAL Corps if that was true. Now he mentioned it, so there's no need to say anymore.

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite
    Sexy Foxy said:
    Mounts fine for me so you must be lacking armslab 12 as already mentioned.

@willyster What your personal preferencees are is irrelevant. If you make a poll asking the general public then they should be able to give you a truthful answer instead of being forced into your personal narrative.
    Also, no one told you to pinpoint my mistakes, and I'm trying to fairly compare the 2 turrets, therefore my reason for leaving out the Xeno Eclipse Driver Turret. Do not criticise me further before this fires up.

• Todd7123
    Todd7123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

You all should play nicer
    Thank you

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • CptLocksley
    CptLocksley
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 126

No matter if fleets have resistance to alien damage, at least these Xeno turrets have the range to actually hit anything, as opposed to projectile turrets just getting knocked out with little or no damage to attacking fleet. The damage does need buffing, upto twice what it is currently. Its a start anyhow. A good base should either avoid three stars, or at least inflict 80-90% damage on even the highest possible attacking fleet. Next Kix needs to heavily reduce cargo amounts that can be stolen, reducing by half or more, with each attack within 48 hours. In addition, only allow cargo to leave your base if a minimum of one star is achieved, seems reasonable. After all, why reward a defeated fleet?

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    Willyster said:
    I do not wish to include Alien Damage type. I'll stick to Projectile. Now do not criticise any more.
    Ok. Where is a option like Void or bacon or something like that? Because you did not include my option this poll is void for me and i have nothing to vote for.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 728
    Storm Driver Turret

Only fools will choose the Eclipse Base defence. When player have already refitted there CM so many times it is getting old fast ya it's got decent range but not gonna make any difference at all when most T6 hulls have

• Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Storm Driver Turret

Resistance's to matter what you can use anyways lol Built into Hull designs and Armors have you forgotten the new Exophase Shield and boosted Harmonic boosts won't matter anymore.

• Master Uxi
    Master Uxi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 279
    Still thinking
    OnionD said:

@Aletheides said:

This is really what the bases need:  Alien Resistors and Hybrid Resistance armors.  Ideally bases should get to 80% or so when maxed out.  This would completely solve the Xeno Shatter and Xeno Eclipse problems 
  • Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite

@RaniRahn said:
    Willyster said:

Ok. Where is a option like Void or bacon or something like that? Because you did not include my option this poll is void for me and i have nothing to vote for.

There is a "none" option.

• Zero Calling Elite
    Zero Calling Elite

@protopyre said:
    Poll is void, I choose Xeno Eclipse

Faster shots + More Range + More Damage and people still think Xeno Eclipse is worse than the old projectile stuff?

The 'alien damage is bad' argument does not apply to basing to the same extent as FvF.
    For example, my decoys have more resistance to Projectile than they do to Alien, plus Repulsor shields.

Pic "none" then, that's your only viable option.

• EliteRanger
    EliteRanger
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 976

We need alien resistant armor and/or shields. More weapons is over kill.

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963
    edited 27 Dec 2017, 2:00AM
    protopyre said:
    Poll is void, I choose Xeno Eclipse

Faster shots + More Range + More Damage and people still think Xeno Eclipse is worse than the old projectile stuff?

The 'alien damage is bad' argument does not apply to basing to the same extent as FvF.
    For example, my decoys have more resistance to Projectile than they do to Alien, plus Repulsor shields.
    Exactly this. People fitting Heavy Eclipse will notice quickly that pretty much all the player fleets that can attack them at their new higher base level will all have more resistances against projectile than they do Alien. And on top of that Heavy Eclipse has lower base damage than the Xeno Eclipse. So no matter how you do your calculation the Xeno Eclipse is the better weapon to fit in the end.

OnionD said:

@Aletheides said:

You do not take base level into account when you do that kind of thinking. Fitting Eclipse will make sure that the only baser fleets you can face are T6 baser fleets with equal or more projectile resists than they have Alien resists. The Hybrid armors you are referring to add Projectile resists as their second halve. At equal resists, or even at slightly less Projectile resists than Alien, the higher base damage of the Xeno Eclipse still gives higher damage after resistances have been deducted.

So you will be hard pressed to find any scenario within the current confines where its beneficial to add Heavy Eclipse in front of Xeno. A couple of examples where we are only using 3 PRAL armors. Stack more and PR resists goes above AL resists. The destroyer resistances differing at 5% in the end does not make Heavy more worth using, sacrificing the higher effectiveness of Xeno against the decoys that base weapons will actually be firing at.

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,668
    edited 27 Dec 2017, 4:15AM
    Still thinking
    My Vector Torpedo Turrets strip away shields like nothing else for under 20k XP apiece. They are supported by Gemini Driver Turrets which are 34k XP each. Not sure whether Eclipse Driver Turret is worth the XP, let alone the Xeno version.
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,377
    Eventually you will be forced out of your gates anyway.
  • protopyre
    protopyre
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 209
    My Vector Torpedo Turrets strip away shields like nothing else for under 20k XP apiece. They are supported by Gemini Driver Turrets which are 34k XP each. Not sure whether Eclipse Driver Turret is worth the XP, let alone the Xeno version.
    Modern basers outrange your Vector Torps, RIP to anyone who can actually snipe
    But yeah, the XP on Xeno Eclipse is real, so if staying lower level is your goal stay away from them
    ~ ԬռѻᵯԭŁצ ~
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Storm Driver Turret

I'm going to stick with what I know and what I know is refitting modules only so many times 4 hours to days of refit time gets old fast I'll stick with the tech that's on my base for now and tell better armor and shields come out. Because I ain't going to make a bit of difference if you even equip the eclipse drivers the newer fleets will still roll right over your base and melt your combat modules and base anyway.

This discussion has been closed.