Expeditions

• Commodore Clambeard
    Commodore Clambeard
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 734
    edited 21 Dec 2017, 6:17PM
    So this feature is for low levels? How is this efficient?

If I can hit Dubs for U and fill up in 10 minutes, I can hit SDG for base parts and fill up in about 25 minutes, and I can hit Navs for **** and fill up in about 2h - all for relatively low damage, what benefit does this feature offer? 
    This allows you send you fleets out to gather resource over time for a week,  and allows you to use your other fleets to do things like TLCs.
    ummm the fleet you guys have required 75% of the time for tlcs is required to do the titanium expedition so how does that work?  its not like people have multiple sets of these fleets let alone the people this is supposedly geared for most dont even have one set. also with the amount of dock space we have, i for one would not want a second fleet for these meager means. im not sure you are understanding this. sorry man, other than the fun the titanium base was, i really think this was a huge waste of time.
  • Firefighter4
    Firefighter4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 180
    edited 21 Dec 2017, 10:02PM
    I actually like the idea of multiple runthroughs and diminishing returns (because Kixeye doesn't WANT us to do these things on auto - they want us to do them for realzies).

And there's something here in this that is REALLY IMPORTANT that nobody has commented on yet:

A fleet that returns from an Expedition always returns fully repaired.

This is a big deal. It means that we can always know we can send ships out to get stuff without cluttering up our dock's repair queue. The main downside is the time commitment. Five days, even reducable through quality plays, is hard to justify.

no..My lobsters are ACTUALLY dead..8 hour repair...no titanium...stupid game.

• labaron26
    labaron26
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2010 Posts: 1,177
    Say What?

• CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,257

@CM Major_Rampage said:
    TRUCULENT2 said:

If I can hit Dubs for U and fill up in 10 minutes, I can hit SDG for base parts and fill up in about 25 minutes, and I can hit Navs for **** and fill up in about 2h - all for relatively low damage, what benefit does this feature offer? 

This allows you send you fleets out to gather resource over time for a week,  and allows you to use your other fleets to do things like TLCs.

What if this said fleet is required to be used for campaigns? Is it still busy for a week?

You can recall a flee that is on an expedition,  and you will get the resources it gather up that point based on how long it has been gone.
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
    Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
    Not sure about the rules
  • kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    kixeyeuser_1384609903109_100003522404108
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,570

@CM Major_Rampage said:
    TRUCULENT2 said:

What if this said fleet is required to be used for campaigns? Is it still busy for a week?

You can recall a flee that is on an expedition,  and you will get the resources it gather up that point based on how long it has been gone.
    but if we recall the fleet we lose the que we were on so next run is for alot less so we get a penalty for playing not very smart

• TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,164
    hey thanks i went to peek it and now my ship is stuck

• Tideseeker
    Tideseeker
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 9

The less damage you take, the more you reduce the cycle time for that Expedition. You will not have a repair cost if you successfully complete the target. However if you fail to complete the target you will have a repair fee. Your fleet will then leave for a period of time (it can not be sniped on the world map). 

So, this means if you're not a top player, don't do expeditions! The targets are nothing like the current targets for PvE that are on the map. 
  • labaron26
    labaron26
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2010 Posts: 1,177
    I tried the 1st one...Fleeet of Hunter MK-l was selected....It was destroyed completely before finishing...All I got was a 20 hr repair.....Sorry, not for me.
  • BurnedOut
    BurnedOut
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 628
    edited 21 Dec 2017, 6:31PM
    Are we missing something here Rampage? Are you guys taking away our way of collecting resources the old way? I mean are we being forced to do this? While the idea seems "fun" it is far too complicated and far too time consuming to use a fleet for DAYS for a small amount of resources. Maybe if you changed this to hours-MAYBE it would be sensible. As it is-it just doesn't seem to be logical. We have enough things on the game that take DAYS to complete-why add more like this?
    They will Probally take away cargo on the map and  drac bases  and dubs.

• lam56
    lam56
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 228
    I did the Titanium expedition as I seem to have a constant need. Doesn't seem worth it. My phoenix fleet is tied up for 3 days 12 hours for a reward of 2,746 Titanium? Hope i didn't screw up any TLC chance. My advice skip it and collect the old fashion way - a target at a time :-P
  • Balrog-NH
    Balrog-NH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 468
    All this will do is create more LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • scott_y44
    scott_y44
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 417
    tried this... it weird fleet almost dead so i am like no thanks back to be repaired... come back and it is auto repaired.

seems pointless and rubbish at the same time.
  • Mack_B2
    Mack_B2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 135
    So if I'm understanding this correctly. My Skyfires, which can do an 85 Relay for 25% damage and 25k of Titanium, will get 13k after 2 days 15 hours and I lose the use of that fleet for that long? That can't be right, can it?
  • mike.scott.73307
    mike.scott.73307
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 605
    I calling BS on this one. I sent out my Hellwraith fleet and it didn't last 30 seconds in the battle. I've never seen that PvE target before. Now I have a 13 hour repair bill.
    I did the same and had the same experience and the same opinion.  Total BS and insane target for the payout versus time.  Back to the drawing board kix, remember we need our top fleets for TLC's.
  • John Seymour
    John Seymour
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 848
    More b.s. !!!!! Time to go to school to learn this new system. Oh yeah...200 gold to open a card slot ??!! Greedy azz people !!! 
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051
    lam56 said:
    I did the Titanium expedition as I seem to have a constant need. Doesn't seem worth it. My phoenix fleet is tied up for 3 days 12 hours for a reward of 2,746 Titanium? Hope i didn't screw up any TLC chance. My advice skip it and collect the old fashion way - a target at a time :-P
    Your fleet is not tied up.  Just click recall.  It will come back.
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 570
    folk have already told u what we think and why, but simply
    The time for an expedition is utterly stupid
    the payout is too low
    only top fleets appear to work
    our top fleets are tied up if we want this

Essentially, 1 of the few great ideas u came up with is now destroyed, just like we expected, so SAD :(
  • kevinb1963
    kevinb1963
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 100

Wait until they remove the old methods of resource retrieval from the map. Kix seems bent on slowing the game to a crawl..

• leonvdburgh
    leonvdburgh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 648
    Really you lot are a bunch of stupid baboons more crap added.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051
    Mack_B2 said:
    So if I'm understanding this correctly. My Skyfires, which can do an 85 Relay for 25% damage and 25k of Titanium, will get 13k after 2 days 15 hours and I lose the use of that fleet for that long? That can't be right, can it?
    Click "recall" on the expedition page.  Your fleet will come back.
  • Commodore Clambeard
    Commodore Clambeard
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 734
    I calling BS on this one. I sent out my Hellwraith fleet and it didn't last 30 seconds in the battle. I've never seen that PvE target before. Now I have a 13 hour repair bill.
    I did the same and had the same experience and the same opinion.  Total BS and insane target for the payout versus time.  Back to the drawing board kix, remember we need our top fleets for TLC's.
    my mate used his hunters, same ones he used to get nearly 600 mil in the raid and they came back dead lol. 
  • UN Flash
    UN Flash
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 475
    Thanks, but no thanks. Trying to build on multiple fleets of the same type concept is gonna piss us off.
    Keep
    It
    Simple
    Stupid.
  • TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,164
    edited 21 Dec 2017, 6:50PM
    just remove it from the game. it was a good idea, but these new CM's are brain dead and ruin every great idea we give them

edit: there is none, not one, good feature about this
  • Mack_B2
    Mack_B2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 135
    Mack_B2 said:
    Click "recall" on the expedition page.  Your fleet will come back.
    Yeah, but you will get some pidly amount of titanium then. This is one of the most poorly executed ideas in BP yet. And that's saying something.

• ali.parr
    ali.parr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 506
    Is it with some sense of irony that it replaced the slot that was the Forsaken Arena previously?

• LAKESMAN
    LAKESMAN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 21
    We are playing a pirate game, we dont want to be stressed with this crap, the games far to complex as it is,,,,,,,,,,the funs be taken out , I only log on while im watching TV, most of the time, im just messing about, lost interest long ago.